PDA

View Full Version : NFBT: The Power of Your Mind

old_geezer
11-29-2004, 06:55 PM
I came across this yesterday. I thought it was interesting (to say the least) and thought it might take your minds off of the Chiefs for a few moments.

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID

Aoccdrnig to a rescheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig, huh?

:)

Rausch
11-29-2004, 06:56 PM
*sigh*

Baby Lee
11-29-2004, 06:57 PM
*sigh*
C'mon now, the search Fx is disabled. ;)

old_geezer
11-29-2004, 07:04 PM
If it's been posted before, I missed it. Sorry to waste your time, but I did enjoy it.

:redface:

I should add; Mods, feel free to delete this thread.

Rausch
11-29-2004, 07:06 PM
If it's been posted before, I missed it. Sorry to waste your time, but I did enjoy it.

:redface:

Nah, I do the same thing all the time.

Besides, it doesn't stop people from posting 8,834 "Peterson is an idiot" threads... :)

big nasty kcnut
11-29-2004, 07:11 PM
It's groundhog day again.

DJay23
11-29-2004, 07:31 PM
I think it must have something to do with serial position effect. You remember the first and last thing you see or learn better than the stuff in the middle. Thus the first and last letters of the words are what you recognize or remember.