PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think Priest isn't coming back?

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-29-2004, 07:44 PM
...at least for the rest of this year? When he was injured they said it was suppossed to be a week or two..then more...now another couple of weeks more. I know, they said it's hard to tell how long it will take an MCL partial tear to heal...but why did they originally say one or two weeks if that's really the case?

When he hurt his hip we were told he'd be right back and of course he didn't come back until the next season. I have a sneaking suspicion that we're not being told the whole truth again.

Whether he's injured worse than they thought, or they're just sitting him since we're out of the playoff race and giving time to Blaylock and Johnson to see what they have for next year... I don't know... but I feel like we're being left out again... Maybe they're afraid we won't pay $20 to park and fill the stadium and buy $8 beers and $4 bottled waters if we know we're not gonna see our best player...???

It's probably another vast right-wing conspiracy.

:p

Taco John
11-29-2004, 07:44 PM
fin... finished... finito... yadda...

ChiefsCountry
11-29-2004, 07:46 PM
Let him score 8 touchdowns against Denver and then let him rest for the rest of the year. Actually I would just rest him for next year, which is an odd year, AFC West Champion lose in first playoff game at Arrowhead year.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-29-2004, 07:49 PM
Shouldn't you be praying that your team figures out how NOT to lose to a shitty Raiders team.. at home...when you have to win to stay in first place? Talk about a major choke job.

ROFL

We may suck this year...but at least we aren't pretenders.

Heh hehe..you're gonna lose the division to the Chargers... heh, heh, heh...

ChiefFripp
11-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Let him get some time to really heal, this season is blown anyways. He'll be good for another 2 seasons at the least .

Straight, No Chaser
11-29-2004, 07:51 PM

ROFL
A little cut-n-paste knowledge can be dangerous [sig image]

---->

PastorMikH
11-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Let him sit. The playoff picture is through and he doesn't have a chance of getting his personal goals now that he has missed several games (Well, I think it is highly unlikely). Let him recover and hopefully he has a bit of drive to come back and try to earn his own SB Ring.

MonroeChief
11-29-2004, 07:53 PM
By not letting out whether he will play it will always keep the opposition guessing.

I would rather him sit out for the rest of the year and be 100% next year. From what I'm seeing this year is a bust and why risk further or more serious injury when we have nothing to gain.

If he needs surgery to repair the minor tear, I'd go for that now. With the work ethic that Priest has, he will be working out far in advance of the rest of the team getting ready for the next season. By then we should have addressed the defensive side of the line.

For those of you that are calling for DV and CP to be fired. Go suck a brick. Do you not remember what the Chiefs were like before CP came to town? 16 years of football that could have been challenged by most college teams and some high school teams. CP may not be perfect, but what he brought was respectability to the Chiefs, something that had been missing for many years.

I still believe in the system.

Den9899
11-29-2004, 07:55 PM

Translation...

We may be 3-8, but at least we aren't 7-4.

:spock:

Have another one on me buddy. :BLVD:

Demonpenz
11-29-2004, 07:55 PM
he's freaking collecting a check, he should be out there, and the way we are paying him he should get 35 carries a game.

ROYC75
11-29-2004, 07:58 PM
PH is out for the Oakland game.

DV said so, plus he was in the booth because they can only have so many players on the sideline and they didn't want anybody running into him on the sidelines.

Rain Man
11-29-2004, 07:58 PM
If he doesn't need surgery, it'd sure be nice to see him back, as much from a team confidence viewpoint as from a production viewpoint.

If he needs surgery, then he should obviously sit out the rest of the season and come back strong next year when we make our Super Bowl run.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-29-2004, 07:59 PM
Translation...

I will thank you. I'm heading out now for the annual "100 beer night" at a local watering hole that some friends have while watching MNF.

Yes...the Chiefs suck...bt at least we don't wear a gay color like orange.

(It's the best I've got right now...)

Straight, No Chaser
11-29-2004, 08:00 PM
he's freaking collecting a check, he should be out there, and the way we are paying him he should get 35 carries a game.

you're one mean dude.

---->

2bikemike
11-29-2004, 08:00 PM
I say he sits. May as well let Blaylock and Johnson fight it out and we keep the winner!

PastorMikH
11-29-2004, 08:01 PM

You still upset because he's not adding stats to your fantasy team?

BigRedChief
11-29-2004, 08:26 PM
For those of you that are calling for DV and CP to be fired. Go suck a brick. Do you not remember what the Chiefs were like before CP came to town? 16 years of football that could have been challenged by most college teams and some high school teams. CP may not be perfect, but what he brought was respectability to the Chiefs, something that had been missing for many years.

Hey noob nlm

Believe in the system? What system? King Carl's? 6 losing seasons in 7 years under 3 different coaches? Yep, that reeks of confidence. :hmmm:

Straight, No Chaser
11-29-2004, 08:29 PM
You still upset because he's not adding stats to your fantasy team?

ROFL

Dartgod
11-29-2004, 08:35 PM
TJ doing his Karmac the Magnificent impression once again....after the fact.

TEX
11-29-2004, 08:40 PM

The system??? ROFL What system? Missing the playoffs for 6 of the past 7 years! Three playoff wins in 17 years? ROFL I stopped giving Carl a pass years ago. I'd bet that most good GM's could have come to KC and could have produced better on the field talent and wins than CP has since '98. But a GM's job is also about filling the stands and that' why CP is still in charge. So, in a way, he is the best GM in the NFL to still have a job with his poor track record.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2004, 08:43 PM
I don't have Holmes on any fantasy team, but I know a few owners that would love to know the answer to this crazy question.

TEX
11-29-2004, 08:44 PM
TJ doing his Karmac the Magnificent impression once again....after the fact.

Yep. He never learns. We'll all be used to our fate and hopefully we'll get to tell him the same after the Broncos leave ARROWHEAD in a few weeks! :thumb

Nzoner
11-29-2004, 09:25 PM

I still believe everyone has a right to their opinion,however,that some have more of a right than others.In the case of your post I sure as hell hope you're a season ticket holder,if not,then you have no right to tell those of us that are to suck anything.

Big Chief Homer
11-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Translation...

3-8 ,7-4,13-3,10-6,8-8,5-11,3-13

All numbers and dont mean jack shit if your sittin on the couch watchin' the game with the rest of us.

ChiefsCountry
11-29-2004, 10:45 PM
I got Priest Holmes on my fantasy team. I thought I stole him and Plaxico Burress for an injured Randy Moss and Jamal Lewis, then Priest and Burress had to get hurt. :cuss:

Hammock Parties
11-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Taco, what's the original image that you made your sig out of? Quality work!

MonroeChief
11-29-2004, 11:00 PM
Hey noob nlm

Believe in the system? What system? King Carl's? 6 losing seasons in 7 years under 3 different coaches? Yep, that reeks of confidence. :hmmm:

Check out the combined w/l record from 1972-1988. Then check out the record from 1989-2004 (assume we lose the remaining games of the season). From '72-'88 we had no hope of winning games. Currently we always have a chance, is CP responsible for the guys on the field not getting the job done? Has your wife ever been almost pregnant? It's the same thing. In my opinion you can go nlm yourself.

MonroeChief
11-29-2004, 11:02 PM
The system??? ROFL What system? Missing the playoffs for 6 of the past 7 years! Three playoff wins in 17 years? ROFL I stopped giving Carl a pass years ago. I'd bet that most good GM's could have come to KC and could have produced better on the field talent and wins than CP has since '98. But a GM's job is also about filling the stands and that' why CP is still in charge. So, in a way, he is the best GM in the NFL to still have a job with his poor track record.

The fact of the matter is that we have had a chance of winning games under CP, before CP we were 3 and out more than any other team in the NFL.

Sure-Oz
11-29-2004, 11:03 PM
I think he will shut it down soon, I would rather have him do that and return healthy if he does return, which I have faith he will.

MonroeChief
11-29-2004, 11:04 PM
I still believe everyone has a right to their opinion,however,that some have more of a right than others.In the case of your post I sure as hell hope you're a season ticket holder,if not,then you have no right to tell those of us that are to suck anything.

Since 1972!! Go suck a brick!!!

Nzoner
11-29-2004, 11:55 PM
Since 1972!! Go suck a brick!!!

I'd say 30+ years as a season ticket holder entitles you to have any opinion you like and although I respect your opinion of still believing in the system I do not agree with it.

As for the numbers of wins under Carl etc.,so what,not winning a Superbowl is still not winning a Superbowl be it by way of sucking during the regular season or sucking during the play-offs.

So talk about respectability all you want,the last time I checked the ultimate respect in this game is hoisting the Lombardi trophy,something KC hasn't done in 30+ years no matter who in the hell was GM.

go bo
11-30-2004, 12:05 AM
I'd say 30+ years as a season ticket holder entitles you to have any opinion you like and although I respect your opinion of still believing in the system I do not agree with it.

As for the numbers of wins under Carl etc.,so what,not winning a Superbowl is still not winning a Superbowl be it by way of sucking during the regular season or sucking during the play-offs.

So talk about respectability all you want,the last time I checked the ultimate respect in this game is hoisting the Lombardi trophy,something KC hasn't done in 30+ years no matter who in the hell was GM.picky picky picky...

it's only been 30+ years...

you're still young...

there's still time...

(just don't hold your breath... :( )

Phobia
11-30-2004, 12:08 AM
I've been telling you guys for a month that Priest is done. He might show up in a couple games in December, but he's gonna retire.

Pants
11-30-2004, 12:12 AM
I've been telling you guys for a month that Priest is done. He might show up in a couple games in December, but he's gonna retire.

Realistically? Yeah, he probably will.

But something in me also tells me that he will want to break some more records.

tk13
11-30-2004, 12:15 AM
Retire? I thought you said he was just done for the year, I had no idea you said he was going to retire....

go bo
11-30-2004, 12:16 AM
I've been telling you guys for a month that Priest is done. He might show up in a couple games in December, but he's gonna retire.i hope you're wrong about this one, but i wouldn't really be surprised...

there's no good reason to think that carl and company can get this thing turned around next year and the year after that will be too late for this offense...

if it was me, i'd have to think long and hard about retiring because there is no chance that kc can fix its defense enough to win it all next year and winning a sb is about all there is left for priest to do...

i guess if it were me, i'd probably take the money and run...

Bwana
11-30-2004, 12:20 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if you were right, but I would really hate to see him go.

Phobia
Retire? I thought you said he was just done for the year, I had no idea you said he was going to retire....

Yeah, I think he will. In fact, I think we'll lose a chunk of our offense and start rebuilding this offseason. This starting 11 is a house of cards at the moment - one goes and we'll lose another 3 or 4.

Mile High Mania

I've always taken these comments as some sort of "Taco smack". I still can't believe that you think he will retire this year.

Bwana
11-30-2004, 12:25 AM
I've always taken these comments as some sort of "Taco smack". I still can't believe that you think he will retire this year.

He was seriously thinking about it before this season and his dad talked him out of it. I think his dad will be back next year from the sand trap. Add to that the guy has been dinged again this year and may be thinking long term about being able to walk without a cane and I think there is at least a 50% chance he is out of here.

Phobia
11-30-2004, 12:25 AM

Nope. Print it. Scoop the other fantasy sites.

Mile High Mania
11-30-2004, 12:27 AM
I know he thought about it and the rumor is "out there", but there's lots of rumors. I never have given it much though until the last 2 weeks. I doubt he plays another down this season, but unless the injury is bigger than they are willing to admit right now... I can't see him dropping out.

Hammock Parties
11-30-2004, 12:30 AM
I think if legit efforts are not made to improve the defense, Priest is outta here.

alanm
11-30-2004, 12:30 AM
Shouldn't you be praying that your team figures out how NOT to lose to a shitty Raiders team.. at home...when you have to win to stay in first place? Talk about a major choke job.

ROFL

Heh hehe..you're gonna lose the division to the Chargers... heh, heh, heh...Don't laugh, So are we.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Phobia
11-30-2004, 12:31 AM
I know he thought about it and the rumor is "out there", but there's lots of rumors. I never have given it much though until the last 2 weeks. I doubt he plays another down this season, but unless the injury is bigger than they are willing to admit right now... I can't see him dropping out.

The word is that he's not just nursing the knee. Everything is hurting him right now including the hip. He's through.

Bwana
11-30-2004, 12:42 AM
The word is that he's not just nursing the knee. Everything is hurting him right now including the hip. He's through.
If that's the case, he is as good as gone. I really can't blame him either. If he doesn't bail now, he may not be able to walk.

Vegas_Dave
11-30-2004, 12:43 AM
I say let him sit the rest of the year. No point in aggravating ANY injuries or risking a career ending injury in the remaining games this season. Plus, since we play 4 more division games this season, you know some sick bronco or raider will be gunning for his hip or anywhere else he may be vunerable simply so they dont have to face him next year.

Let him sit. I say give LJ the ball the for the Raider game. Use it as a confidence booster. I think he has more potential then Blaylock but just needs the reps. We need a backup for Priest because I think that next season will be his last season regardless.

stumppy
11-30-2004, 12:49 AM
I wouldn't be suprised at all if he's done for the year. Wouldn't suprise me that much if he retired either.
You have to keep in mind the F.O. treats the fans like a bunch of mushrooms with cash.

tk13
11-30-2004, 12:51 AM
*puts fingers in ears* lalalalalalalalalalalala *fingers in ears*

Yosef_Malkovitch
11-30-2004, 12:52 AM
I think he waits to see what's done with the D in the offseason. If it's another case of SSDD, then he's gone. And as was mentioned earlier, the O is a house of cards. When PH goes, I look for a few others to follow.

Phobia
11-30-2004, 12:59 AM
I think he waits to see what's done with the D in the offseason.

I don't think it has anything to do with the defense. This time it's about his body, family, and he's been paid.

Hammock Parties
11-30-2004, 01:04 AM
I don't think it has anything to do with the defense. This time it's about his body, family, and he's been paid.

So basically Priest was paid for a season and a half. Joy.

Taco John
11-30-2004, 01:09 AM
So basically Priest was paid for a season and a half. Joy.

With that kind of cash, you can put a lot of cheddar in your nacho tub.

tk13
11-30-2004, 01:10 AM
I'm pretty sure he has to return any unused portion of the signing bonus if he retires, doesn't he?

Taco John
11-30-2004, 01:10 AM
Maybe there is something we all don't realize about the holistic healing qualities of nachos?

Hammock Parties
11-30-2004, 01:11 AM
Maybe there is something we all don't realize about the holistic healing qualities of nachos?

What's the source image for your sig?

Phobia
11-30-2004, 01:12 AM
I'm pretty sure he has to return any unused portion of the signing bonus if he retires, doesn't he?

Doubt it. But, I don't know for certain. There aren't too many agents who would allow that in a contract. The only guaranteed money is the bonus in the NFL.

Taco John
11-30-2004, 01:14 AM
What's the source image for your sig?

Priest holding Johnny Morton's favorite, uhm... marital aid?

http://www.kcpal.org/PriestHolmes_239x300.jpg

MonroeChief
11-30-2004, 01:20 AM

So talk about respectability all you want,the last time I checked the ultimate respect in this game is hoisting the Lombardi trophy,something KC hasn't done in 30+ years no matter who in the hell was GM.

How many teams in the NFL have even been to the Superbowl? I know the goal of every team is to get there. KC has been there, there are teams that haven't even been close.

If you would rather have the GM from, like say N.O., would you be any better off? If you got the GM from San Diego, would you be any better off? (Remember, we had Shottenheimer and got close, but his mantra is to go limp in the playoffs.) What GM would do a better job? The facts are that CP has given the Chiefs the respectability that we couldn't even spell during the 16 years of darkness.

Is CP doing as good as a job as he could? None of us think so, but there isn't anyone on the bb that knows what the guidelines he has to work by to do his job. Anyone care to give it a guess?

We can fight the system all you want, but we don't even know what that system is. We are all babies crying for mama's milk (Lombardi Trophy) and we can't do a thing about it until mama uncovers her tit. Doesn't matter how loud we cry we have no control over when she pulls up the shirt!!

I hate to lose as much as the next person, but in this world shit happens!! It just so happens that alot of it is happening to our team this year.

Hammock Parties
11-30-2004, 01:20 AM
Priest holding Johnny Morton's favorite, uhm... marital aid?

http://www.kcpal.org/PriestHolmes_239x300.jpg

Awesome. You should add some dripping cheese for effect.

MonroeChief
11-30-2004, 01:21 AM

Do you honestly think that Priest will go out with a whimper?

MonroeChief
11-30-2004, 01:24 AM
He was seriously thinking about it before this season and his dad talked him out of it. I think his dad will be back next year from the sand trap. Add to that the guy has been dinged again this year and may be thinking long term about being able to walk without a cane and I think there is at least a 50% chance he is out of here.

If I remember correctly he was going to retire, not because of football, but because his dad was going to Iraq and he wanted to be there for his family.

I'd almost put money on him being around for another year, and if that year is good (SB win) he will retire. If no SB, he might stay around for a little longer.

tk13
11-30-2004, 01:24 AM
Doubt it. But, I don't know for certain. There aren't too many agents who would allow that in a contract. The only guaranteed money is the bonus in the NFL.
http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/006/472/

In general, the NFL has ruled that a signing bonus is given to the player in return for his pledge to play for that team. And just as a team gets penalized if it breaks its promise (by releasing, trading, etc…) to allow a player be on its roster, so are players who break their promise to play (by retiring with years remaining on their contracts) forced to pay back whatever prorated portion of their signing bonus remains.

Simply put, if a player retires with years left on his contract, he owes the team the prorated signing bonus from the remaining years on his contract.

Taco John
11-30-2004, 01:30 AM

And if he "comes back" just to be put on IR?

Taco John
11-30-2004, 01:32 AM
This isn't a Barry Sanders situation, where he just quits because he woke up with a stick in his eye. The dude is in pain. The players union will start pitching tents in Lamar's ass if they try to take Priest's signing bonus away because he retires due to nagging injuuries.

Yosef_Malkovitch
11-30-2004, 01:33 AM

I say it has to do w/the D b/c I think he would like to win a SB ring (having one as a backup is a bit different, IMO).

I can't say much about his body or family, but I think that a player who retires early has to pay back a prorated share of the signing bonus. I remember there was a big fuss about whether Barry Sanders would have to repay his, and he ended up having to pay back a pretty good chunk of it.

Of course, I could be wrong. But it doesn't seem to me to be very good business sense to sign a player to a longterm contract and give him a huge SB if he could just retire the next year and keep it all.

Then again, we ARE talking about Carl Peterson. :cuss:

Yosef_Malkovitch
11-30-2004, 01:34 AM
This isn't a Barry Sanders situation, where he just quits because he woke up with a stick in his eye. The dude is in pain. The players union will start pitching tents in Lamar's ass if they try to take Priest's signing bonus away because he retires due to nagging injuuries.

Hmm. Good point.

tk13
11-30-2004, 01:38 AM
You're right, I don't think Lamar would do that. Carl Peterson on the other hand.....

Phobia
11-30-2004, 02:40 AM

How often is that enforced? I've heard twice, once with Sanders and now with Williams in Miami.

How much of his signing bonus did T. Davis give back in Denver? None.

BigRedChief
11-30-2004, 08:15 AM
I still think that King Carl will go after Priest's millions if he retires because of lack of desire, to be with family etc...He may let him go peacefully for injuries.

Another point here. Does anyone know if they do get the money back, do they get the cap room back also? That would have be a big motivating factor if its true.

Dartgod
11-30-2004, 08:46 AM
If you got the GM from San Diego, would you be any better off? (Remember, we had Shottenheimer and got close, but his mantra is to go limp in the playoffs.) What GM would do a better job?
Soooo...

We should praise Carl for bringing Marty here and respectability back to the organization, BUT we wouldn't want San Diego's GM because although Marty has them headed towards the playoffs, he is a known post-season choker. I don't get it? :shrug:

ROYC75
11-30-2004, 08:57 AM
From the FWIW department, I think PH will be back, it was clearly an issue about family and the family told him to play football.

PH wants to go out on top,he has always been a workaholic, I don't see him giving it up right away when he still wants to go ut a winner in the SB as the featured back.

MonroeChief
11-30-2004, 09:57 PM
Soooo...

We should praise Carl for bringing Marty here and respectability back to the organization, BUT we wouldn't want San Diego's GM because although Marty has them headed towards the playoffs, he is a known post-season choker. I don't get it?
I take it you are confused. I can understand that after reading some of your posts.

What I'm saying is that we would be no better off with a new GM and a new HC. Same stuff, different guys.

You could go out and hire the guys that have the "track record" of being the best and once signed to be in KC might be much the same as CP or DV. Basically what you and everyone else seems to want is a pipe dream.

What has to happen is that KC needs to determine that they want the SuperBowl trophy again and untie the hands of those that could go get the personnel to get it done.

Or you can go on bitching about CP until the new guy comes in, give him two years and you will be bitching about him too. It's a no win situation.

They say KC has the best fans in the league.......I'd say they are wrong, we are all a bunch of bandwaggoners that whine about everything that we don't like. You can argue that point, but you can't win it.

Sure-Oz
11-30-2004, 10:02 PM
I think he will return, if he doesn't that will suck but I won't shit major bricks. We got 2 good rb's who are auditioning now, atleast priest will have plenty of time to rest and may start next season in less or no pain. Hell if we get a playmaker or 2 on O and some on D we may not have to use him 35 plus times a game. Some hits he took this year were horrid.

memyselfI
12-01-2004, 08:10 AM
...at least for the rest of this year? When he was injured they said it was suppossed to be a week or two..then more...now another couple of weeks more. I know, they said it's hard to tell how long it will take an MCL partial tear to heal...but why did they originally say one or two weeks if that's really the case?

When he hurt his hip we were told he'd be right back and of course he didn't come back until the next season. I have a sneaking suspicion that we're not being told the whole truth again.

Whether he's injured worse than they thought, or they're just sitting him since we're out of the playoff race and giving time to Blaylock and Johnson to see what they have for next year... I don't know... but I feel like we're being left out again... Maybe they're afraid we won't pay $20 to park and fill the stadium and buy $8 beers and $4 bottled waters if we know we're not gonna see our best player...???

Dave Stewart reported yesterday that PH is getting the advice from friends on the team on whether to return or not. The Chiefs are allowing him to make the decision based on what he WANTS to do and not on what he feels he can do.

mlyonsd
12-01-2004, 08:18 AM
They say KC has the best fans in the league.......I'd say they are wrong, we are all a bunch of bandwaggoners that whine about everything that we don't like. You can argue that point, but you can't win it.

I agreed with you up to that statement. A bandwagoner follows a team only when they are doing well. Almost everyone on this board follows the Chiefs during the bad times.

Whining is just being a fan.

BigRedChief
12-01-2004, 08:20 AM
I take it you are confused. I can understand that after reading some of your posts.

What I'm saying is that we would be no better off with a new GM and a new HC. Same stuff, different guys.

You could go out and hire the guys that have the "track record" of being the best and once signed to be in KC might be much the same as CP or DV. Basically what you and everyone else seems to want is a pipe dream.

What has to happen is that KC needs to determine that they want the SuperBowl trophy again and untie the hands of those that could go get the personnel to get it done.

Or you can go on bitching about CP until the new guy comes in, give him two years and you will be bitching about him too. It's a no win situation.

A noob coming in here calling us bandwaggoners? :mad:

What do you hope to accomplish? Why come here and post these comments?:hmmm:

Pants
12-01-2004, 08:31 AM
I had the same problem when I first joined the board. I couldn't believe all the bitching, I never considered anybody here a bandwagoneer, though. Now I'm used to all the bitching, it's just the way CP is.

bogie
12-01-2004, 02:34 PM
PH can't retire! Somebody needs to give him a call and convince him to stay! I nominate FAX. FAX, tell him we'll do everything we can to improve the D! We'll get some WR's that can catch the ball more consistently. We'll keep Tony and Dante and the O line. Tell him a poem, buy him some nocho's. Do anything you can to make him stay.

FAX
12-01-2004, 02:42 PM
PH can't retire! Somebody needs to give him a call and convince him to stay! I nominate FAX. FAX, tell him we'll do everything we can to improve the D! We'll get some WR's that can catch the ball more consistently. We'll keep Tony and Dante and the O line. Tell him a poem, buy him some nocho's. Do anything you can to make him stay.

I'll be happy to employ the internationally respected FAX persuasion skills in this case, but it won't matter. Priest will be back next year. We should all stop worrying about Priest and figure out how to get a defense that could stop splooge.

FAX THE CONFIDENT

Rausch
12-01-2004, 02:43 PM
I'll be happy to employ the internationally respected FAX persuasion skills in this case, but it won't matter. Priest will be back next year. We should all stop worrying about Priest and figure out how to get a defense that could stop splooge.

FAX THE CONFIDENT

Agreed...

Calcountry
12-01-2004, 03:13 PM

Take public transportation to the games or, car pool to the game with other planeteers. Surely Missouri has park and rides and if they don't, Wal Mart would be happy to assist with vacant parking lot space.

Fuggin use your heads. There is no way on Gods earth I would ever pay some organization 20 bucks to park my POS for 3 hours.

As far as the ticket prices go, I can't help you with that.

The Beer thing is easily solved. Car pool with someone who won't drink and liquor up prior to the game, maybe sip one beer through the game to keep your buzz going, then drown your miseries thouroughly afterward.

If you are liquored up, you won't need "Priest Nachos".

Now there's an Idea for a new menu item. Regular Nachos, Super Nachos, and then the ultimate, with everyting on it: PRIEST NACHOS>

TRR
12-01-2004, 03:14 PM
I honestly think Priest will retire this offseason. I would be surprised if he doesn't.

Calcountry
12-01-2004, 03:23 PM
I honestly think Priest will retire this offseason. I would be surprised if he doesn't.
That would explain the WTF attitude about munching on those Nachos. Not a good thing to eat for an NFL athlete.

Iowanian
12-01-2004, 03:33 PM
Priest will be back.............He's got Contract incentives to meet.