PDA

View Full Version : Draft Is A Gamble, Bank On Veterans

kczoo
11-30-2004, 08:41 AM
Look at all the first round busts throughout the leauge over the years with all teams. We have gotten quality players between rounds 3-6. A rookie wideout can make it better than a rookie cb to start in this leauge I believe. Perhaps we take a top wideout through draft and build the D with veterans because lets face it, were lacking talent, but we crave leadership. Gun cant do it from a pressbox. Sign veterans at LB and CB. Im still happy overall with Harts at SS. Wesley I think we signed for a year contract and hes playing like it, but is better than Woods, so we'll split hairs there. Im babbling and this is a waste anyways

Saulbadguy
11-30-2004, 08:43 AM
I'd draft a LB, and try to sign a FA CB.

morphius
11-30-2004, 08:50 AM
Vet signings don't always work either, look at Barber, Holliday, Dan Williams...

kczoo
11-30-2004, 08:50 AM
Touche'

Baby Lee
11-30-2004, 08:53 AM
Vet signings don't always work either, look at Barber, Holliday, Dan Williams...
What happened to the FO who brought in Saleamua, Hasty, Collins, Simien, etc?

ChiefsCountry
11-30-2004, 10:12 AM

They had to make up for on the offense side after all of those blunders we had in the 90's.

morphius
11-30-2004, 10:17 AM
I'm just saying that neither is overly reliable, and you are taking a chance with both. You need to get the best players you can and go from there. What we really need to do is stop picking up tweaners, don't pick up LB's the size of safties, don't pick safeties to be corners, don't expect LB's to b great DE just because it worked for DT and LT...

Chiefnj
11-30-2004, 10:19 AM

He's in San Diego and sitting in 1st place in the AFC West??