PDA

View Full Version : Gary Baxter

ChiefsCountry
12-01-2004, 11:44 AM
Gary Baxter of the Ravens is who we should target for our cornerback. Baxter is 6-2, 204. He is big and fast. Would fit Gunther's scheme and for Carl he played some Safety for the Ravens. Him and Warfield would be a nice CB tandam.

David.
12-01-2004, 11:44 AM
yah I'd love him in red.

KevB
12-01-2004, 11:49 AM
Yep. Get Baxter, draft Derrick Johnson (LB) in the first and Dan Cody (DE) in the 2nd. Defense improved.

Deberg_1990
12-01-2004, 11:51 AM
Gary Baxter of the Ravens is who we should target for our cornerback. Baxter is 6-2, 204. He is big and fast. Would fit Gunther's scheme and for Carl he played some Safety for the Ravens. Him and Warfield would be a nice CB tandam.

Sorry, im tired of Warfield. After 7 or 8 years in the league now hes just too inconsistent. Drop the bum, pick up Baxter or Woodson and draft Rolle.

vckcchiefs04
12-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Warfield is a good #2 corner.... he is not a shut down corner, but he is a solid one. Get Baxter and we have a duo that is only a step or two below our old duo of Hasty and Carter.

Sure-Oz
12-01-2004, 11:54 AM
Warfield will do well with another solid cb on the other side.

Deberg_1990
12-01-2004, 11:55 AM
Warfield is a good #2 corner.... he is not a shut down corner, but he is a solid one. Get Baxter and we have a duo that is only a step or two below our old duo of Hasty and Carter.

Carter and Hasty both were Shutdown corners.

Mr. Laz
12-01-2004, 11:58 AM
isnt Baxter another coverted safety?

:p

If we really want a good defense, Warfield should end up as our Nickleback. Fairly or unfairly, warfield is a great indicator about our defense. The higher he is up the depth charter, the worse our defense is.

vckcchiefs04
12-01-2004, 12:00 PM

Yes.... and niether Baxter nor Warfield would be, that is why they would be a step or two below them. Baxter and Warfield would be the type of corners who would not give up the "BIG" plays! They would give up some catches though. Hasty and Carter could shut recievers out, period!

Deberg_1990
12-01-2004, 12:01 PM
If we really want a good defense, Warfield should end up as our Nickleback. Fairly or unfairly, warfield is a great indicator about our defense. The higher he is up the depth charter, the worse our defense is.

BINGO! Warfield couldnt hold Hasty or Dale (in his prime) Carter's jockstrap. LIke i mentioned, im tired of everyone saying Warfield has "potential" Im tired of waiting......lets move on...

Brock
12-01-2004, 12:03 PM

Nostalgia is coloring your thinking.

Deberg_1990
12-01-2004, 12:07 PM
Nostalgia is coloring your thinking.

IM not saying they were Deion Sanders, they would on occassion give up a big play or have an inoppurture pass interference call, but they never got burned for the whole game and all season long. Or for 4 years now like Warfield and Bartee.

Iowanian
12-01-2004, 12:08 PM
I'm not sure.........He's solid and would be an improvement for sure.

I'd rather have Hartwell(LB) draft Rolle, and in the 2nd hope for Roth(DE) from Iowa.

KevB
12-01-2004, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE=lazarus]isnt Baxter another coverted safety?[QUOTE]

Not really. He played corner at Baylor, and was drafted as a corner. Since Baltimore already had McAlister and another guy (can't remember the name...the Cardinals signed him away a couple of years ago), so they moved him to safety to get on the field. Once what's his name went to the Cardinals, they moved Baxter back to corner.

ChiefsCountry
12-01-2004, 12:17 PM
[QUOTE=lazarus]isnt Baxter another coverted safety?[QUOTE]

Not really. He played corner at Baylor, and was drafted as a corner. Since Baltimore already had McAlister and another guy (can't remember the name...the Cardinals signed him away a couple of years ago), so they moved him to safety to get on the field. Once what's his name went to the Cardinals, they moved Baxter back to corner.

Duane Starks

jynni
12-01-2004, 12:38 PM

Maybe, but there is no such thing anymore. Not with the NFL mandate that corners should play with their arms tied behind their backs.

ROYC75
12-01-2004, 12:40 PM
isnt Baxter another coverted safety?

:p

Bingo, bottading..... Laz hit, if we get 2 CB's better than Warfield, we better jump faster than a 1 legged man in a but kicking contest .

ChiefsCountry
12-01-2004, 12:43 PM
Just think we could have Troy Vincent and Gary Baxter with Warfield as our nickelback. :p

Cormac
12-01-2004, 01:34 PM
Gary Baxter is AWFUL

William Bartee is BETTER than Baxter

Just my opinion

ZootedGranny
12-01-2004, 03:28 PM
While I don't agree that Bartee is better, I will say that Baxter is not much of an upgrade. And that's saying something considering Maslowski has more career interceptions than Bartee.

jiveturkey
12-01-2004, 04:05 PM
While I don't agree that Bartee is better, I will say that Baxter is not much of an upgrade. And that's saying something considering Maslowski has more career interceptions than Bartee.
Kawika freakin' Mitchell has more INT's than Bartee!

Cormac
12-02-2004, 09:25 AM
It's true that Bartee should have INTs by now. But if a CBs play were judged simply on INTs, Dexter McCleon would still be a good one. Bartee is bigger, faster and a better tackler than most CBs, and I think he's a decent and improving [not great] player. I expect a FA CB to be brought in this offseason to replace him as starter and relegate him to nickle. However, I don't think that player should be Baxter.

Gary Baxter is a poor CB on a great defense. If he played on our lousy defense he would be absolutely horrible, IMO. I was at the Balt-Tenn playoff game last January - my best friend is a big Ravens fan with season-tix etc. Baxter was woeful in that game. If it wasn't for Orlando Brown and his ridiculous personal fouls, Baxter would have been the biggest scapegoat in that game.

We need an upgrade at CB, but Baxter ain't it, IMO.

JMHO, of course.

Rain Man
12-02-2004, 09:38 AM
I don't know. Baxter has had a lot of tax problems, to the point where the IRS confiscated his SUV off the Ravens' parking lot. They had a tape of it on Monday Night Football a while back.

(Congratulations! You have just been Sacked on Thursday Morning Football BB.)