PDA

View Full Version : Want to witness a miniscule part of history? Brokaw's last day as anchor on NBC...

BigVE
12-01-2004, 04:49 PM
nightly news tonite. Not a big deal to most, but I can rem my grandfather and some older uncles talking about where they were when Cronkite called it quits...I am doubting that this will be as memorable to as many people with the saturation of so many news channels today. Anyways just an FYI. Probably a repost...oh well.

Eleazar
12-01-2004, 04:56 PM
FWIW I respect Brokaw, more than the other two at least.

Bob Dole
12-01-2004, 04:58 PM
Saw his replacement on The Daily Show. Funny guy.

He was funnier that Stewart.

BigVE
12-01-2004, 05:00 PM
Saw his replacement on The Daily Show. Funny guy.
His name is Brian Williams, I think. I had read something about Brokaw retiring awhile back. Today I was listening to some talk radio show with Limbaugh's replacement (forget the name) and Williams was being interviewed, sounds like a real nice down to earth guy. Said he had dreamed of being a news anchor since he was 8 yrs. old. He also said that this moring before they all went to work they were in a meeting and that Brokaw gave him a gold pocket watch that Cronkite had given him all those years ago, Brokaw said that Cronkite didnt get to choose his replacement but he (brokaw) had the chance to choose someone other than Williams but he knew Williams was the best person for the job. Im not real partial one way or the other but I think this guy will do a good job.

Bob Dole
12-01-2004, 05:01 PM
The loss of Ken Jennings and Brokaw in one week?

When will the tragedies cease? Haven't we all suffered enough this year?

Logical
12-01-2004, 05:02 PM
The loss of Ken Jennings and Brokaw in one week?

When will the tragedies cease? Haven't well all suffered enough this year?

Eli have mercy!

memyselfI
12-01-2004, 06:07 PM
nightly news tonite. Not a big deal to most, but I can rem my grandfather and some older uncles talking about where they were when Cronkite called it quits...I am doubting that this will be as memorable to as many people with the saturation of so many news channels today. Anyways just an FYI. Probably a repost...oh well.

Ended rather anti-climatically. The Today Show was more emotional :deevee: for the buck.