PDA

View Full Version : I am proud to call myself a Notre Dame fan

ILChief
12-01-2004, 08:01 PM
after what has been a season from hell for me in both pro (Chiefs) and college (ND) football, I am proud that the Notre Dame athletic department saw that things weren't getting better, refused to accept mediocrity, and made the change that is necessary. I'm sick of all this race-card playing. They didn't think Ty was the guy, they see a guy they want (Urban Meyer) and they're gonna do what is needed to win. I only wish the Chiefs management would learn from Notre Dame AD Kevin White.

Jenson71
12-01-2004, 08:03 PM
I dunno. Sounds pretty racist to me.

HolmeZz
12-01-2004, 08:05 PM
They wouldn't have fired Ty if Urban wasn't available. It's pretty simple.

BigChiefFan
12-01-2004, 08:07 PM
It has absolutely nothing to do with race and everything to do with wins and losses. If it was a race issue, why the hell did they hire him in the firstplace?

morphius
12-01-2004, 08:10 PM
I'm proud to say I have always hated ND, I generally don't care about college sports, but ND sucking is great fun.

David.
12-01-2004, 08:11 PM
Ty willingham sucks.

Saulbadguy
12-01-2004, 08:15 PM
Notre Lame sucks.

Deberg_1990
12-01-2004, 08:42 PM
They wouldn't have fired Ty if Urban wasn't available. It's pretty simple.

you hit the nail on the head. Ty wasnt winning and they didnt want to miss out on Urban. Plus, Ty wasnt Catholic.

|Zach|
12-01-2004, 08:44 PM
I have never been a fan but have liked Notre Dame. I don't think ND ever wanted Ty that much. But they needed someone. They had to get someone and thats what they came up. When the window was open to show them the door they pulled the trigger. The guy was not even able to see his own seinors he got in the program go to work.

Saulbadguy
12-01-2004, 08:46 PM
Notre Dame needs to realize they aren't "Notre Dame" anymore. They aren't an elite program, they aren't feared, and they aren't a recruiting magnet. Lower your academic standards, and stick with a coach. Ty wasn't a bad coach.

Brando
12-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Notre Dame needs to realize they aren't "Notre Dame" anymore. They aren't an elite program, they aren't feared, and they aren't a recruiting magnet. Lower your academic standards, and stick with a coach. Ty wasn't a bad coach.
I take great pleasure in watching ND flame. I just wish that cheating bastard Holtz was still the coach. Nothing would be better than watching ND fire Lou Holtz..well maybe that leprachaun being run over by a dump truck.

Deberg_1990
12-01-2004, 08:57 PM
I take great pleasure in watching ND flame. I just wish that cheating bastard Holtz was still the coach. Nothing would be better than watching ND fire Lou Holtz..well maybe that leprachaun being run over by a dump truck.

I just cant stand how greedy they are. They wont join a conference because they dont want to share their bowl earning with other schools in the conference. Plus, they have that dumb NBC deal.

Saulbadguy
12-01-2004, 08:58 PM
Yup..they get 9 wins, they are an automatic BCS bid. Thats bullshit.

Miles
12-01-2004, 09:05 PM

You have that right.

I think they are being dillusional that they should be competing for a national championship. The ironic thing is that ND's season is likely as good as its going to get for them any time soon. Beating 2 top 10 teams and finishing over .500 with a bowl invite was a very good season for them.

Pitt Gorilla
12-01-2004, 10:07 PM
you hit the nail on the head. Ty wasnt winning and they didnt want to miss out on Urban. Plus, Ty wasnt Catholic.He wasn't winning?

dtebbe
12-01-2004, 10:14 PM
I'm sorry you are ND fan. At this rate NBC is going to own the university pretty soon.

DT

dtebbe
12-01-2004, 10:15 PM
Notre Lame?

DT

Deberg_1990
12-01-2004, 10:18 PM
He wasn't winning?

Well..depends on what your standards of winning are. 6-5 is a good season if your KU or MU, but not by Notre Dames legendary standards.

Skip Towne
12-01-2004, 10:28 PM
I hate Notre Dame for several reasons. Their national radio contract, their BCS favoritism, their refusal to join a conference for greedy reasons and most of all their demands as a visiting team. If you want those dicks to come to your stadium, you must guarantee them 25% of the stadium for their fans. Fvck them. I love watching them get stomped. They deserve it.