PDA

View Full Version : Schottenheimer and the Super Bowl.

Rain Man
12-02-2004, 01:55 PM
What would be your reaction about Marty if he took his electrostatic boys to a Super Bowl victory?

Poll coming.

el borracho
12-02-2004, 01:57 PM
A mixture of jealousy of happiness for Marty. I enjoyed Marty's time and production here.

htismaqe
12-02-2004, 01:57 PM
He won't take them to the Super Bowl so why does it matter?

King_Chief_Fan
12-02-2004, 02:06 PM
It will prove once again............it was Carl Peterson's fault

MichaelH
12-02-2004, 02:06 PM
He won't take them to the Super Bowl so why does it matter?

I agree. They're playing good enough to win the division, but that's it. Both Pittsburgh and New England could eat San Diego for lunch in my opinion. Brees has been too good, he's gonna screw up sometime.

Deberg_1990
12-02-2004, 02:18 PM
Id be happy for Marty but ill admit it would be a little bittersweet. He did alot of great things for this franchise, so he will always have a special place in my heart. San Diego appears to be built similiar to the mid 1990's Chiefs teams. We shall see how they last in the playoffs though. For whatever reason all of Martys real good teams here in KC always had one fatal flaw that doomed them come playoff time.

Brock
12-02-2004, 02:21 PM
Drew Brees isn't even as good as Rich Gannon. Forget it.

Braincase
12-02-2004, 02:22 PM
I'll be happy for Donnie Edwards. Sad for Junior Seau.

cdcox
12-02-2004, 02:23 PM

ptlyon
12-02-2004, 02:42 PM
Hmmm. How come the term "Lucky" isn't in the poll?

Red Dawg
12-02-2004, 02:49 PM
I will never forgive Marty for not starting Gannon in 97. That was a SB team with Rich at the Helm.

htismaqe
12-02-2004, 02:50 PM
I will never forgive Marty for not starting Gannon in 97. That was a SB team with Rich at the Helm.

No it wasn't.

Deberg_1990
12-02-2004, 02:54 PM
No it wasn't.

Well,, im not sure...Grbac didnt really play that bad of a game to be honest, but Gannon did have the team on a roll before they went into the playoffs that year.

htismaqe
12-02-2004, 03:15 PM
Well,, im not sure...Grbac didnt really play that bad of a game to be honest, but Gannon did have the team on a roll before they went into the playoffs that year.

Grbac started 10 games. In those 10 games, the Chiefs were 8-2 (.800). Grbac's QBR for the season -- 79.1.

Gannon started 6 games. In those 6 games, the Chiefs were 5-1 (.833). Gannon's QBR for the season -- 79.8.

The performance of both was IDENTICAL. Actually, the real explanation is that it didn't matter who was playing QB -- the real reason that team went 13-3 was because the defense didn't give up a 2nd-half TD in 11 straight games. They gave up a HUGE drive to Denver in the 4th quarter and it was over.

And for anybody that doesn't think Marty TOTALLY ****ed up the rushing situation that year, here is the rushing stats from one of the games I repeatedly refer to - KC at Denver, opening day:

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS
RUSHING --
KC: G.Hill 7-92, K.Anders 6-27, E.Grbac 3-16, M.Allen 3-(-2).
DEN: T.Davis 26-101, J.Elway 4-24, H.Griffith 2-13, V.Hebron 3-8.

chiefs4me
12-02-2004, 03:20 PM
What would be your reaction about Marty if he took his electrostatic boys to a Super Bowl victory?

Poll coming.

:deevee:

Deberg_1990
12-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Grbac started 10 games. In those 10 games, the Chiefs were 8-2 (.800). Grbac's QBR for the season -- 79.1.

Gannon started 6 games. In those 6 games, the Chiefs were 5-1 (.833). Gannon's QBR for the season -- 79.8.

The performance of both was IDENTICAL. Actually, the real explanation is that it didn't matter who was playing QB -- the real reason that team went 13-3 was because the defense didn't give up a 2nd-half TD in 11 straight games. They gave up a HUGE drive to Denver in the 4th quarter and it was over.

And for anybody that doesn't think Marty TOTALLY ****ed up the rushing situation that year, here is the rushing stats from one of the games I repeatedly refer to - KC at Denver, opening day:

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS
RUSHING --
KC: G.Hill 7-92, K.Anders 6-27, E.Grbac 3-16, M.Allen 3-(-2).
DEN: T.Davis 26-101, J.Elway 4-24, H.Griffith 2-13, V.Hebron 3-8.

Exactly, Grbac was actually pretty good that year. I had forgotten about the D NOT giving up a 2nd half TD in 11 straight games! Man, i would kill for that kind of D again! I never understood the whole Marty/Hill thing?? IM guessing it was a little bit of both that screwed up the situation.

memyselfI
12-02-2004, 04:42 PM

:thumb:

There are Grbackers/Grbapologists who still deny this. ROFL

Bearcat
12-02-2004, 04:45 PM
Other.

Denial.

htismaqe
12-02-2004, 04:46 PM

There are Grbackers/Grbapologists who still deny this. ROFL

Almost as predictable as Proctor. And about as knowledgeable about football too...

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-02-2004, 04:49 PM
It will prove once again............it was Carl Peterson's fault
OH YES!

Rain Man
12-02-2004, 04:55 PM
Hill didn't get many carries in that game because he barely averaged over 13 yards per tote.

The squandering of Greg Hill was a crime.

Nzoner
12-02-2004, 04:55 PM
I will never forgive Marty for not starting Gannon in 97.

According to a report I heard at that time the decision was ultimately Carl's and that Marty wanted to stay with Gannon.I kind of let it go and then a year later when Marty was a regular on NFL LIVE he was talking about that situation because there was another team(sorry can't remember who)headed toward the play-offs with the same situation.

Anyhow,Marty commented on it and said do not go away from the hot hand no matter what anyone tells you yadda yadda.So,there it is fwiw,we may never really know.

As for the poll question,I'd be extactic for Marty and this is the first time ever I've pulled for another AFC West team in the post-season.If for nothing else I'd like to see Marty win at all just to say fock you Carl.

memyselfI
12-02-2004, 04:59 PM
According to a report I heard at that time the decision was ultimately Carl's and that Marty wanted to stay with Gannon.I kind of let it go and then a year later when Marty was a regular on NFL LIVE he was talking about that situation because there was another team(sorry can't remember who)headed toward the play-offs with the same situation.

Anyhow,Marty commented on it and said do not go away from the hot hand no matter what anyone tells you yadda yadda.So,there it is fwiw,we may never really know.

As for the poll question,I'd be extactic for Marty and this is the first time ever I've pulled for another AFC West team in the post-season.If for nothing else I'd like to see Marty win at all just to say fock you Carl.

Yep, the team knew this decision was out of Marty's hands and fell apart, accordingly, the following year. Think about it. If HE had made a wrong decision he could stand up and say 'I f*cked up' but because the decision was made FOR him then he really could not or would not take responsibility for the decision and to his fault the inability to find his stones to make the one he felt was right in the first place...

and if he was not going to stand up for what he believed and what was best for the team then they weren't going to follow him off a cliff.

htismaqe
12-02-2004, 05:05 PM
Yep, the team knew this decision was out of Marty's hands and fell apart, accordingly, the following year. Think about it. If HE had made a wrong decision he could stand up and say 'I f*cked up' but because the decision was made FOR him then he really could not or would not take responsibility for the decision and to his fault the inability to find his stones to make the one he felt was right in the first place...

and if he was not going to stand up for what he believed and what was best for the team then they weren't going to follow him off a cliff.

All one giant conspiracy.

:rolleyes:

Please start providing some PROOF. And while your at it, we'd like to know more about that drug ring that's going to bring the NFL to it's knees...

memyselfI
12-02-2004, 05:09 PM
All one giant conspiracy.

:rolleyes:

Please start providing some PROOF. And while your at it, we'd like to know more about that drug ring that's going to bring the NFL to it's knees...

Hey, I only know what Marty, Rich, Grunny, and misc. others have told the media and said in interviews. I have no reason to doubt them especially given the compilation of distortions and deceit that has been Carl Peterson's M.O. since then.

Rausch
12-02-2004, 05:48 PM
A mixture of jealousy of happiness for Marty. I enjoyed Marty's time and production here.

Ditto...I'd prefer an AFCW team not go if we can't, but if they're already in the big game...Hopefully Marty gets his ring.

2bikemike
12-02-2004, 06:29 PM
While I would like Marty to get a ring. I don't want any other AFCW team going to the SB until we get our ring.

I especially don't want San Diego to make another appearance before us. I can barely take the arrogance some of these bandwagoners around here are portraying now. I wonder where all these corksuckers have been for the last 10 years? :hmmm: