PDA

View Full Version : A rock instrument poll.

Rain Man
12-02-2004, 04:12 PM
If you could be in a rock band, what instrument/role would you most want to play?

Poll coming.

BIG_DADDY
12-02-2004, 04:20 PM
Sing then lead guitar.

tk13
12-02-2004, 04:22 PM
I'll be the first to say it.

No cowbell?

Archie F. Swin
I you want to play in Texas you gotta have a fiddle in the band!

MOhillbilly
Keytar.:rolleyes:
Like ya had to ask.:harumph:

Spicy McHaggis
12-02-2004, 04:25 PM
I actually played bass in a garage band for a while but I would rather play lead guitar. I also found out if you're in a band it doesn't matter how much you suck, girls will still dig on it.

tk13
12-02-2004, 04:29 PM
I actually played bass in a garage band for a while but I would rather play lead guitar. I also found out if you're in a band it doesn't matter how much you suck, girls will still dig on it.
That's one of the greatest mysteries in the universe to me. I've never been in a band and by no means have I ever been anything close to resembling a good guitar player, but if you have marginal ability and can slap together three chords, women will dig it. I just don't understand it....

Rain Man
12-02-2004, 04:30 PM
That's one of the greatest mysteries in the universe to me. I've never been in a band and by no means have I ever been anything close to resembling a good guitar player, but if you have marginal ability and can slap together three chords, women will dig it. I just don't understand it....

Maybe it's an indicator that you have dextrous fingers.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-02-2004, 04:36 PM
I didn't want to say anything before....but.......I'm the lead singer/guitar player for an imaginary band called "Wet Dog Soup." We were originally called "Sticky Baby" but as so many bands do some of our members had a falling out and split off. We didn't feel right keeping the old name.

MOhillbilly
12-02-2004, 04:38 PM
I didn't want to say anything before....but.......I'm the lead singer/guitar player for an imaginary band called "Wet Dog Soup." We were originally called "Sticky Baby" but as so many bands do some of our members had a falling out and split off. We didn't feel right keeping the old name.

Thats ok im in a band and play imaginary keytar.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-02-2004, 04:40 PM
Thats ok im in a band and play imaginary keytar.
rock on brother...

Rain Man
12-02-2004, 04:42 PM
I'm surprised that I'm the only wannabe keyboardist here. They're the coolest band members of all.

MOhillbilly
12-02-2004, 04:45 PM
I'm surprised that I'm the only wannabe keyboardist here. They're the coolest band members of all.

The keytar makes the keyboard look gay.

Rain Man
12-02-2004, 04:51 PM
The keytar makes the keyboard look gay.

It's a known fact that when rock bands play pickup football, the keyboardist is usually a linebacker.

MOhillbilly
12-02-2004, 04:53 PM
It's a known fact that when rock bands play pickup football, the keyboardist is usually a linebacker.

Keytar players all play nosegaurd. And still have the moves to melt the ladies panties off.

digi2fish
12-02-2004, 08:57 PM
I was the guitarist when I was in the rock band
and was the bassist when I was in the jazz band
what do I want to be now....
well, maybe drummer.

Bowser
12-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Without lead guitar, rock bands are nothing.

Has noone seen Thunder Alley? Or was it Thunder Road? Whatever, that movie explains it all!!

Braincase
12-02-2004, 09:06 PM
Oooh, ooooh... I know the answer to this for Lzen, headsnap, ZepSinger, nmt1, Chris Meck and myself...

Phobia
12-02-2004, 09:09 PM
I used to play drums in church. I'm not kidding.

It's not like riding a bicycle, though. I tried 15 years later and I suck.

Oh, I chose drums.

Bowser
12-02-2004, 09:23 PM
Oooh, ooooh... I know the answer to this for Lzen, headsnap, ZepSinger, nmt1, Chris Meck and myself...

The oboe?

CosmicPal
12-02-2004, 09:33 PM
Depends upon the music....

If I was in a hard rock/hair/alternative/punk band- I'd be the lead singer. I'd want to be the front man with a long mane and a bare chest to drive the teenage girls into a frenzy.

If I was in an improvisational rock band (Grateful Dead, Widespread Panic, Phish), I'd like to be the guitarist. Being able to jam on the guitar like that for 20 or 30 mins on some songs would be heaven.

If I was in an improvisational jazz outfit, I'd be a jack of all trades

If I was in an African, reggae, funk band- I'd give anything to be the drummer. What a load of fun that would be....