PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Gannon Rips Priest for not being a leader

the Talking Can
12-03-2004, 09:12 AM
just interviewed on 610

Gannon said "I'm a great leader and Priest is not, I'm the good guy and Priest is not. I'm pretty and Priest is not."

Grunhard suggested Gannon come back to KC as a backup... :shake:

Eleazar
12-03-2004, 09:13 AM
Wow, he managed to hold the phone to his ear the whole time?

Baby Lee
12-03-2004, 09:14 AM
Everyone's Gannonbrator fully charged?

Raiderhater
12-03-2004, 09:15 AM
Everyone's Gannonbrator fully charged?

All except Denise's, I'm sure. I'm willing to wager it doesn't get much rest.

memyselfI
12-03-2004, 09:18 AM
He certainly sounds alot more upbeat than he did at this time last season even with his career in question. Obviously the chemistry is better this year.

memyselfI
12-03-2004, 09:21 AM
uh-oh.

the Talking Can
12-03-2004, 09:21 AM
great interview....

grunhard: "Rich, you're such a great leader"

gannon: "I know."

grunhard: "Rich, KC doesn't have a leader like you."

gannon: "I know, niether does Oakland. No one has a leader like me."

seriously, he just ripped Priest for eating nachos (I'm not kidding)

memyselfI
12-03-2004, 09:22 AM
great interview....

grunhard: "Rich, you're such a great leader"

gannon: "I know."

grunhard: "Rich, KC doesn't have a leader like you."

gannon: "I know, niether does Oakland. No one has a leader like me."

seriously, he just ripped Priest for eating nachos (I'm not kidding)

that was the 'uh-oh.' ROFL

Eleazar
12-03-2004, 09:23 AM
He sure is good at giving himself credit and giving others blame.

Raiderhater
12-03-2004, 09:24 AM
At one time I thought it was a mistake to lose Gannon. I now realize that in the end it was a blessing in disguise.

memyselfI
12-03-2004, 09:24 AM
At one time I thought it was a mistake to lose Gannon. I now realize that in the end that it was a blessing in disguise.

sure was. ROFL

the Talking Can
12-03-2004, 09:25 AM
He sure is good at giving himself credit and giving others blame.

that was basically his point...no one, in KC or Oakland, cared as much as him...he said it over and over....and then he ripped Priest for not being a leader like Rich

memyselfI
12-03-2004, 09:27 AM
that was basically his point...no one, in KC or Oakland, cared as much as him...he said it over and over....and then he ripped Priest for not being a leader like Rich

I think it was well documented in the past. And, one of their big problems is that they've lacked it the past two seasons.

htismaqe
12-03-2004, 09:28 AM
Yeah, we really need leadership.

We don't need an egotistical primadonna on the sidelines yelling at the coach.

**** Rich Gannon.

Hammock Parties
F*ck redass.

the Talking Can
I think it was well documented in the past. And, one of their big problems is that they've lacked it the past two seasons.

jesus, Gannon stares in the mirror and you tell him how prettty he is

my point is that he's an insufferable prick....KC and Oakland agree

htismaqe
12-03-2004, 09:29 AM
jesus, Gannon stares in the mirror and you tell him how prettty he his

Everybody agrees...except Rich and Duh-nise.

BigChiefFan
12-03-2004, 09:29 AM
Gannon's great, just ask him.

KCTitus
12-03-2004, 09:31 AM
Earlier this week it was a Grbac reference and now Gannon talk...what fun ripping those scabs off old wounds.

memyselfI
12-03-2004, 09:31 AM
jesus, Gannon stares in the mirror and you tell him how prettty he is

Oh, up until last week most people in Oakland were ruing the day they wished he were gone...

memyselfI
12-03-2004, 09:32 AM
just interviewed on 610

Gannon said "I'm a great leader and Priest is not."

And nice revision going on there. He did NOT say what you have in quotes and that he was a great leader and Priest is not. He made the comparison of what he does for the team in his injured state by listing what he does and then saying he was 'SURPRISED' to see him in the press box eating nachos.

The comparison is valid. He was asked about it. It's not like he just out of the blue said 'Priest scarfs nachos in a warm press box while I'm on the sidelines cheering in a freakin blizzard.'

Lzen
12-03-2004, 09:33 AM
Why is 610 interviewing Gannon? What a loser? Let the dead horse stay dead. :banghead:

Eleazar
12-03-2004, 09:33 AM
They could have had Scott f*cking Mitchell and got the same result the couple years they were a decent team. Hell, I can throw dumpoff passes to running backs just as well as he can, and wouldn't piss the rest of the team off by being a complete self-absorbed dickwad.

TheNextStep
12-03-2004, 09:35 AM
They could have had Scott f*cking Mitchell and got the same result the couple years they were a decent team. Hell, I can throw dumpoff passes to running backs just as well as he can, and wouldn't piss the rest of the team off by being a complete self-absorbed dickwad.
No. That is just patently untrue.

Rich Gannon was a great system quarterback and there aren't many who could have duplicated his success over that time frame with that same team.

He may be a prick, but lets not get carried away.

Dartgod
12-03-2004, 09:36 AM
Now you've done it. Duh-nese is dropping a negative rep bomb on you as I speak...er, I mean type...or something.

Hammock Parties
12-03-2004, 09:37 AM
WTF does Gannon know about Priest? Has he ever played with him?

KCTitus
12-03-2004, 09:37 AM
WTF does Gannon know about Priest? Has he ever played with him?

Gannon knows everything...he is God's gift to NFL football.

htismaqe
12-03-2004, 09:38 AM
And nice revision going on there. He did NOT say what you have in quotes and that he was a great leader and Priest is not. He made the comparison of what he does for the team in his injured state by listing what he does and then saying he was 'SURPRISED' to see him in the press box eating nachos.

The comparison is valid. He was asked about it. It's not like he just out of the blue said 'Priest scarfs nachos in a warm press box while I'm on the sidelines cheering in a freakin blizzard.'

Very good validation.

But you're forgetting one thing:

NOBODY save for yourself gives one flying ****.

memyselfI
12-03-2004, 09:38 AM
Wow, his former teammate sounds like he's really resentful of Gannon's being a 'prick.' :hmmm:

Eleazar
12-03-2004, 09:39 AM
Now you've done it. Duh-nese is dropping a negative rep bomb on you as I speak...er, I mean type...or something.

Bah, I say much meaner things about her all the time and she's never neg-repped me.

Hammock Parties
12-03-2004, 09:40 AM
Wow, his former teammate sounds like he's really resentful of Gannon's being a 'prick.' :hmmm:

That's only because Gannon was cupping Grunhard's package every play...

memyselfI
12-03-2004, 09:40 AM
I notice no mention of the (much deserved) respect and admiration he sent Trent Green's way... :hmmm:

memyselfI
12-03-2004, 09:41 AM
Bah, I say much meaner things about her all the time and she's never neg-repped me.

Why offer such infantile positive reinforcement? :hmmm:

Iowanian
12-03-2004, 09:43 AM
I hope gannon gets syphillis of the arse.

Saulbadguy
12-03-2004, 09:45 AM
Gannons career is over. Why is he still around?

Chan93lx50
12-03-2004, 09:46 AM
This whole Priest not being a leader is getting kind of interesting.

Everytime the media challenges Priest he hits a homerun. When Baltomore said he was not a starting RB, he proved them wrong. When he was injured people said he would never be able to play again, he proved them wrong again.

So the media is challenging Priest that he is not a leader. The question is will Priest step up to the plate, and will he hit another homerun

Could be interesting

Saulbadguy
12-03-2004, 09:47 AM
I don't think any kind of "leadership" would help a 3-8 team.

Also, Priest isn't on the defense. We lack defensive leadership, IMO.

Eleazar
12-03-2004, 09:47 AM
Why offer such infantile positive reinforcement? :hmmm:

wtf?

Hammock Parties
12-03-2004, 09:50 AM

It's clear that Priest Holmes will make the pro bowl next year as a RB and a CB.

ChiTown
12-03-2004, 09:50 AM
I don't think any kind of "leadership" would help a 3-8 team.

We lack a helluvalot more than just leadership on D. We lack talent.

Saulbadguy
12-03-2004, 09:51 AM
That too.

KCWolfman
12-03-2004, 09:51 AM
You are surprised from a guy that compared himself to Jesus Christ?

ChiTown
12-03-2004, 09:53 AM

I think his actual quote was that JC wasn't good enough to towel off his sack, or something like that.........

Iowanian
12-03-2004, 09:55 AM
I'd take a Brett Farve over Gannon's candy ass any day. Farve would play with Bones sticking out, and Gannon barely plays with a feminine itch.

memyselfI
12-03-2004, 09:58 AM

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Iowanian
12-03-2004, 09:59 AM
I wish Siragusa would call in on another line and do another cannon ball on that sissy.

morphius
12-03-2004, 10:02 AM
Well, and you can't have leadership where talent is lacking. Look at Hicks, the coaches like to tell you waht a leader he is, but if you are not making a difference on the field, who is going to listen to you?

memyselfI
12-03-2004, 10:06 AM
ok, who is the :deevee: Vince they just read the IM from.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

They just ripped the guy as a idiot. Great job, Vince. ROFL

ChiTown
12-03-2004, 10:07 AM
Well, and you can't have leadership where talent is lacking. Look at Hicks, the coaches like to tell you waht a leader he is, but if you are not making a difference on the field, who is going to listen to you?

Exactly

There are a lot of leaders that don't have the greatest talent in the world, but they put it all out on the field on every play. So, it's pretty evident that they are leading by example.

Eric "Houdini" Hicks is not a good leader. Matter a fact, he's a big reason why we suck.

Eleazar
12-03-2004, 10:07 AM
I wish Siragusa would call in on another line and do another cannon ball on that sissy.

I loved it when Siragusa was on Letterman and he said something like "My wife can take me laying on top of her, I dont know why Rich Gannon can't"

Iowanian
12-03-2004, 10:08 AM
Maybe Gannon will deep throat the microphone, drag a tooth, cause a short, and Ride the Lightening......

KCWolfman
12-03-2004, 10:09 AM
I loved it when Siragusa was on Letterman and he said something like "My wife can take me laying on top of her, I dont know why Rich Gannon can't"
That's not funny, that incident caused his poor play for the entire game - even before it happened.....

Iowanian
12-03-2004, 10:10 AM
Gannon should be careful he doesn't break a hip....tripping over his own Ego.

Skip Towne
12-03-2004, 10:25 AM
Maybe Gannon will deep throat the microphone, drag a tooth, cause a short, and Ride the Lightening......
ROFL Terrific! Save some of your material for Chiefs4meme.

Raiderhater
12-03-2004, 10:30 AM
Don't worry, Skip, if he hasn't run dry yet, he ain't going to.

el borracho
12-03-2004, 10:52 AM
Oh, if only Priest were as good a leader as Rich Gannon the Chiefs could be 4-7 instead of 3-8. Boo-hoo.

stevieray
12-03-2004, 10:55 AM
What Gannon thinks is irrelevant.

Stop Oprahizing football.

:shake:

bricks
12-03-2004, 10:56 AM
Oh, if only Priest were as good a leader as Rich Gannon the Chiefs could be 4-7 instead of 3-8. Boo-hoo.

the chiefs could very well be 5-6, 6-5 if Holmes hadn't been injured. A lot of people write us off, right now, but, don't forget were missing our best player. I'd like to see the Colts without Peyton Manning, they'dl probably be 2-9.

Skip Towne
12-03-2004, 11:07 AM
the chiefs could very well be 5-6, 6-5 if Holmes hadn't been injured. A lot of people write us off, right now, but, don't forget were missing our best player. I'd like to see the Colts without Peyton Manning, they'dl probably be 2-9.
No doubt.

el borracho
12-03-2004, 11:11 AM
This thread isn't about Priest being hurt. This thread is about Priest being a "leader" from the sidelines. Mr. Richie Irrelevant's assertion is that the Chiefs would be better if Priest were on the sidelines during his injury. My point is that, with Rich Gannon's sideline leadership, the Raiders are 4-7. Say it again, 4-7. Rich Gannon has lead his team to 4-7. Rich Gannon should shut up before he somehow throws another interception.

the Talking Can
12-03-2004, 11:22 AM
ROFL

I'd like to thank everyone on this thread for bringng a little joy to my day. I knew Gannon would bring out the best in us.

Raiderhater
12-03-2004, 11:23 AM
sure was. ROFL

Your judgement is clouded by your hormones.

Iowanian
12-03-2004, 11:28 AM
ROFL

I'd like to thank everyone on this thread for bringng a little joy to my day. I knew Gannon would bring out the best in us.

I'd like to hit Gannon in the baows with a rocket sockem robot puppet.

I hope the next time he goes camping in the south(if that sissy would actually go outdoors).....that he wakes up with a pee-bone and falls face down and gets dogknotted in a fireant hill.

alpha_omega
12-03-2004, 11:50 AM
I guess my question is...who cares what a former Chief (no matter who he is) thinks?

memyselfI
12-03-2004, 11:52 AM
I guess my question is...who cares what a former Chief (no matter who he is) thinks?

obviously none of those who are content with more nachos in Priest's future.

KCWolfman
12-03-2004, 11:55 AM
Extremist obsessive fanatics.

TheNextStep
12-03-2004, 11:57 AM
That's not funny, that incident caused his poor play for the entire game - even before it happened.....

That hit caused Bobby Hoying to quarterback the rest of the game, so I suppose that's relatively accurate...

Iowanian
12-03-2004, 11:58 AM

Just a psycho stalker on the internet with more saddlebags than a gold miners pack mule, but smells worse.

KCWolfman
12-03-2004, 11:58 AM
That hit caused Bobby Hoying to quarterback the rest of the game, so I suppose that's relatively accurate...
Umm, I was speaking of his poor performance BEFORE he was hit.

TheNextStep
12-03-2004, 11:59 AM
Ummm... sorry, you threw me off with the "entire game" bit...

KCWolfman
12-03-2004, 12:05 PM
Umm, I was speaking of his poor performance BEFORE he was hit.
You must have missed the dash and the rest of my statement following.

TheNextStep
12-03-2004, 12:13 PM
No, I saw it... and I'm really not up for an argument in semantics, so I guess I'll just respond by saying that TrINT Green sucks and I hope he plays this weekend so Warren Sapp can hit him like Siragusa hit Gannon. I hope that Priest sits up in the luxury suite and spills hot nacho cheese dip on his legs, causing 3rd degree burns. I hope Eric Warfield and William Bartee... well, nevermind. I hope they do what they've been doing their whole careers...

KCWolfman
12-03-2004, 12:21 PM
No, I saw it... and I'm really not up for an argument in semantics, so I guess I'll just respond by saying that TrINT Green sucks and I hope he plays this weekend so Warren Sapp can hit him like Siragusa hit Gannon. I hope that Priest sits up in the luxury suite and spills hot nacho cheese dip on his legs, causing 3rd degree burns. I hope Eric Warfield and William Bartee... well, nevermind. I hope they do what they've been doing their whole careers...
Sapp is still playing? Wow, with his ego and his previous career, one would think his stats would support your position. I guess I missed him on the highlights film. 11 games and not quite 2 tackles a game, Impressive. How many sacks this year? It seems he has not even reached 1 quite yet - but hold faith, the season is not yet over.

You guys still have the greatest TE in the league as well? That Rickey Dudley is THE man, huh?

And your choice of QBs is the gimp or the alcoholic, nice.... Of course, you can always throw in Tuuispitoooey if you have to, can't ya?

You trash Warfield and you have Buchanon? At least Warfield wasn't a top pick, right?

memyselfI
12-03-2004, 12:23 PM
Sapp is still playing? Wow, with his ego and his previous career, one would think his stats would support your position. I guess I missed him on the highlights film.

You guys still have the greatest TE in the league as well? That Rickey Dudley is THE man, huh?

And your choice of QBs is the gimp or the alcoholic, nice.... Of course, you can always throw in Tuuispitoooey if you have to, can't ya?

You trash Warfield and you have Buchanon? At least Warfield wasn't a top pick, right?

Uh, Rickey is in TB.

Russ, from where I'm sitting both the Chiefs AND the Raiders have gone from first to worst...

but one of them has made a number of playoff appearances and a couple of wins in the past few years. Until the Chiefs can say the same the smack sounds really, really lame.

KCWolfman
12-03-2004, 12:27 PM
Uh, Rickey is in TB.

Russ, from where I'm sitting both the Chiefs AND the Raiders have gone from first to worst...

but one of them has made a number of playoff appearances and a couple of wins in the past few years. Until the Chiefs can say the same the smack sounds really, really lame.
Why would OAK give up Dudley? I heard he was the best.

Coming from someone that spends a great deal of time on a board of a team that she doesn't even like, your evaluation is even more lame.

memyselfI
12-03-2004, 12:29 PM
Why would OAK give up Dudley? I heard he was the best.

Coming from someone that spends a great deal of time on a board of a team that she doesn't even like, your evaluation is even more lame.

I liked them before I didn't... ROFL Get rid of sleeze bag Carl and we'll talk...

KCWolfman
12-03-2004, 12:33 PM
I liked them before I didn't... ROFL Get rid of sleeze bag Carl and we'll talk...
Oh, so you are just slumming for the last 6 years?

memyselfI
12-03-2004, 12:34 PM
Oh, so you are just slumming for the last 6 years?

No, I keep an avid attention to the Chiefs regardless of who is the GM. As long as Peterson is GM the team will suck. End of story. The last SEVEN years have been proof enough for most people.

KCWolfman
12-03-2004, 12:37 PM
No, I keep an avid attention to the Chiefs regardless of who is the GM. As long as Peterson is GM the team will suck. End of story. The last SEVEN years have been proof enough for most people.
So you are a general manager fan, not a football fan.

SPchief
12-03-2004, 12:40 PM
:lame:

memyselfI
12-03-2004, 12:41 PM
So you are a general manager fan, not a football fan.

Yeah, that's it.

TheNextStep
12-03-2004, 12:49 PM
Sapp is still playing? Wow, with his ego and his previous career, one would think his stats would support your position. I guess I missed him on the highlights film. 11 games and not quite 2 tackles a game, Impressive. How many sacks this year? It seems he has not even reached 1 quite yet - but hold faith, the season is not yet over.

He's actually looked good in the last two games, now that Rob Ryan has been playing more 4-3 than 3-4, which moves Sapp back to undertackle, rather than DE. That said, how's Ryan Simms looking this year? He dominating the interior line or what?

Okay, this one I can't even joke about because Dudley was never my favorite guy. I remember a friend of mine gave him the best sports nickname I can recall when he started referring to Dudley as "the reverend." When I asked him where the hell he "reverend" from, he explained that Dudley was the only guy on God's green Earth who could make an entire stadium full of people stand up and scream in unison "Oh, JESUS CHRIST!"

Funny you should mention gimps, since your quarterback isn't even a definite go. That's a problem, isn't it, considering that you have absolutely nothing behind him on the depth chart. Way to build a team for depth, Carl...

Sorry, but that "top pick" talk doesn't wash, considering the contract you schmucks gave to Warfield a couple of years back. Did his agent use a knife or a gun during those negotiations? Or is the Chief front office just that God-awful?

KCWolfman
12-03-2004, 12:52 PM
He's actually looked good in the last two games, now that Rob Ryan has been playing more 4-3 than 3-4, which moves Sapp back to undertackle, rather than DE. That said, how's Ryan Simms looking this year? He dominating the interior line or what?

Okay, this one I can't even joke about because Dudley was never my favorite guy. I remember a friend of mine gave him the best sports nickname I can recall when he started referring to Dudley as "the reverend." When I asked him where the hell he "reverend" from, he explained that Dudley was the only guy on God's green Earth who could make an entire stadium full of people stand up and scream in unison "Oh, JESUS CHRIST!"

Funny you should mention gimps, since your quarterback isn't even a definite go. That's a problem, isn't it, considering that you have absolutely nothing behind him on the depth chart. Way to build a team for depth, Carl...

Sorry, but that "top pick" talk doesn't wash, considering the contract you schmucks gave to Warfield a couple of years back. Did his agent use a knife or a gun during those negotiations? Or is the Chief front office just that God-awful?
Ah
1. Sapp is kinda playing better, his numbers just don't show it
2. We don't have a backup, but Collins has helped you how?
3. When your only first round pick that has actually helped your team is a foreign kicker with a penchant for breaking the law, you don't have a lot of room to talk about negotiations.

Sure-Oz
12-03-2004, 12:53 PM
Gannon is such a big dawg dissing priest.

KCWolfman
12-03-2004, 12:55 PM

About the same as Sapp, thank goodness we didn't pick him up in FA expecting him to turn the team around, eh?

TheNextStep
12-03-2004, 01:11 PM
Ah
1. Sapp is kinda playing better, his numbers just don't show it

Ever the optimist, I say unto thee: "YET!"

2. We don't have a backup, but Collins has helped you how?

What are you talking about? We're on a one game winning streak, baby!

3. When your only first round pick that has actually helped your team is a foreign kicker with a penchant for breaking the law, you don't have a lot of room to talk about negotiations.

Quit talking crazy. Charles Woodson has worked out pretty well for us... and Robert Gallery is looking pretty good, too. And Philip Buchanon, for as much as he drives us crazy, has personally been responsible for a couple of wins with interceptions returns for touchdowns that ended up being the winning scores.

So, uh... You guys going to take a tight end with your first pick this year again or what?

TheNextStep
12-03-2004, 01:13 PM
About the same as Sapp, thank goodness we didn't pick him up in FA expecting him to turn the team around, eh?

Yeah... I know... I'm sure the fact that he was drafted in the top ten overall in his draft means that he's playing for peanuts...

Is there really a difference between bringing in a free agent to turn a team around and spending a first round pick to turn a team around? Either way, neither Sapp nor Simms is getting the job done.

The lesson to be learned from this? Easy. Defensive tackles who have a last name starting with the letter "S" cannot be trusted to turn a team around.

King_Chief_Fan
12-03-2004, 01:21 PM
just interviewed on 610

Gannon said "I'm a great leader and Priest is not, I'm the good guy and Priest is not. I'm pretty and Priest is not."

good thing his fugging arse is no where near the playing field.
Brave things to say when you don't have to go out on the field and back
it up.

TheNextStep
12-03-2004, 01:22 PM
good thing his fugging arse is no where near the playing field.
Brave things to say when you don't have to go out on the field and back
it up.
I dunno, man. I'm pretty sure he challenged Priest to a duel at twenty paces in the luxury suite after the game.

jspchief
12-03-2004, 01:26 PM

Yea, because if anyone can be critical of poor FA decisions, the Raiders can.

How are Superbowl MVPs Larry Brown and Desmond Howard working out for you?

TheNextStep
12-03-2004, 01:28 PM
When you've got to go back 10 years to find an example, you really should just politely decline comment.

Iowanian
12-03-2004, 01:30 PM
As long as Peterson is GM the team will suck. End of story. The last SEVEN years have been proof enough for most people.

Kind of like your poor, poor husband........who much wake every morning, devestated that his aorta didn't explode in the night, or hoping the bus he'll step on front of today has bad brakes or a tired driver?

Iowanian
12-03-2004, 01:31 PM
When you've got to go back 10 years to find an example, you really should just politely decline comment.

10 years? You mean the Entire decade of the 90s where the Faid didn't beat the Chiefs?

jspchief
12-03-2004, 01:36 PM
My bad...How are Ike Charlton and Chris Cole working out for you?

Dwayne Rudd? Amos Zereoue?

TheNextStep
12-03-2004, 01:49 PM
My bad...How are Ike Charlton and Chris Cole working out for you?

Dwayne Rudd? Amos Zereoue?

Camp fodder who were signed for nothing. You're seriously going to try to break my balls about that?

So who do you like in the first round of the draft this year? With Blaylock being a free agent, you guys have a pressing need for another backup running back...

memyselfI
12-03-2004, 02:03 PM
I dunno, man. I'm pretty sure he challenged Priest to a duel at twenty paces in the luxury suite after the game.

I heard they are serving http://www.tecnika.com.ar/tecnika/images_ffood/nach_wafl_ju/nachos.JPG.

jspchief
12-03-2004, 02:32 PM
So who do you like in the first round of the draft this year? With Blaylock being a free agent, you guys have a pressing need for another backup running back...

We're looking for someone in the mold of Mo Collins.

jspchief
12-03-2004, 02:38 PM
With Blaylock being a free agent, you guys have a pressing need for another backup running back...

We're hoping to take a guy in the first round that will contribute as much as Nnamdi Asomugha has for the Faiders...

Calcountry
12-03-2004, 02:48 PM
Gannon's great, just ask him.
Yeah, he sure had a stellar performance in the Super Bowl a couple of years ago.

TheNextStep
12-03-2004, 02:49 PM
We're looking for someone in the mold of Mo Collins.
Mo's been a starter every year that he's been in the league, man. Come on, step your game up!

The subsequent Nnamdi Asomugha crack was a little better but the sting was taken out by knowing that in the first round of that draft, we also took the guy that Vermiel wanted (Tyler Brayton, who has been a starter from the word "Go") and stuck Dickie V with Larry Johnson instead.

Speaking of Nnamdi, though, didn't you guys all say that Julian Battle was better at the time? How's he doing? Still failing to beat William friggin' Bartee out of a job?

Pants
12-03-2004, 03:23 PM
Remeber when Priest ran 99 yards back and almost stripped the ball off of that dude when it got intercepted against Houston? Case closed. Move on.

jspchief
12-03-2004, 03:28 PM
Mo's been a starter every year that he's been in the league, man. Come on, step your game up!

The subsequent Nnamdi Asomugha crack was a little better but the sting was taken out by knowing that in the first round of that draft, we also took the guy that Vermiel wanted (Tyler Brayton, who has been a starter from the word "Go") and stuck Dickie V with Larry Johnson instead.

Speaking of Nnamdi, though, didn't you guys all say that Julian Battle was better at the time? How's he doing? Still failing to beat William friggin' Bartee out of a job?

Who has Mo Collins started for?

Tyler Brayton was selected after LJ.

Battle actually plays something other than ST.

TheNextStep
12-03-2004, 03:57 PM
Who has Mo Collins started for?

Tyler Brayton was selected after LJ.

Battle actually plays something other than ST.
Mo Collins has started for the Raiders every single year that he's been in the league, comprising part of what was a dominant offensive line that gave Rich Gannon all day to choose which receiver to go to.

Tyler Brayton was still the guy that Dick Vermiel professed to have wanted... and, unlike Larry Johnson, he's a starter.

Nnamdi doesn't only play special teams either... and he's sitting behind a couple of people who are a heck of a lot more talented than WILLIAM BARTEE. I mean, what could be more damning evidence than that?

bricks
12-03-2004, 08:40 PM

:hmmm: :shake: :( :deevee: Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. that is the truth, and it hurts! not making the playoffs 7 of the last 8 years, not winning a playoff game in 12 years, not drafting a stud wr, qb, or rb in the last 16 years, bombing 6 drafts, and the last 3, not drafting a stud player in the 1st rd since 1997(Tony Gonzalez). And that's it! That's enough evidence for me that Carl can't build a team and needs to go. Him and his scouts need to go.

*I'd love to see an article where Whitlock can just blast Carl. That would be exciting to read.

MonroeChief
12-03-2004, 09:11 PM
At one time I thought it was a mistake to lose Gannon. I now realize that in the end it was a blessing in disguise.

You are right, but I'd probably pick Gannon hands down over Grbac!!

When Grbac went to Baltimore he stated that he made Tony Gonzalez what he is today. I tend to agree, can you imagine how much better Gonzo would have been if he had a real QB?

Sure-Oz
12-03-2004, 09:15 PM
Remeber when Priest ran 99 yards back and almost stripped the ball off of that dude when it got intercepted against Houston? Case closed. Move on.
But if he had HEART and was a LEADER, that ball would've popped loose and he would've recovered it. :rolleyes:

That was probably one of the best things i've seen from him, that effort and how the hell did he catch up to that dude. :hmmm:

MonroeChief
12-03-2004, 09:17 PM
:hmmm: :shake: :( :deevee: Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. that is the truth, and it hurts! not making the playoffs 7 of the last 8 years, not winning a playoff game in 12 years, not drafting a stud wr, qb, or rb in the last 16 years, bombing 6 drafts, and the last 3, not drafting a stud player in the 1st rd since 1997(Tony Gonzalez). And that's it! That's enough evidence for me that Carl can't build a team and needs to go. Him and his scouts need to go.

*I'd love to see an article where Whitlock can just blast Carl. That would be exciting to read.

I think all of you that are blasting CP needs to remember what it was like before he came to KC. From '72 - '88 we could not and did not compete for the Superbowl. At least since Carl has been there we have had our chances. You are saying that he blew all of his draft choices? You are saying that he doesn't have the right stuff to find players? Regardless of what you all think, he is probably in the top 5 in the league at acquiring talent. That is an opinion, but if you look at the facts, how many different teams have been to the Superbowl since '88? How many did not compete for the Superbowl (make the playoffs during that period?)

Logical
12-03-2004, 09:28 PM
...I hope Eric Warfield and William Bartee... well, nevermind. I hope they do what they've been doing their whole careers...

You rotten bastard now that is just cruel.

Logical
12-03-2004, 09:31 PM
.... As long as Peterson is GM the team will suck. End of story. The last SEVEN years have been proof enough for most people.

One of the rare times I agree with you, but when you are right you are right.:thumb:

MonroeChief
12-03-2004, 09:36 PM
One of the rare times I agree with you, but when you are right you are right.:thumb:

I think you are both wrong. What's a matter Vlad, did sleeping with meme mess with your mind?

Logical
12-03-2004, 09:37 PM
I think you are both wrong. What's a matter Vlad, did sleeping with meme mess with your mind?

Even for a n00b that was lame, get some game.

Logical
12-03-2004, 09:54 PM
...That is an opinion, but if you look at the facts, how many different teams have been to the Superbowl since '88? How many did not compete for the Superbowl (make the playoffs during that period?)

1988 San Fran and Cincinnati 2
1989 Denver 3
1990 New York Giants and Buffalo 5
1991 Washington Redskins 6
1992 Dallas Cowboys 7
1993 No one new from this list
1994 San Diego Chargers 8
1995 Pittsburgh Steelers 9
1996 New England Patriots 10
1997 No one new from this list
1998 Atlanta Falcons and Minnesota Vikings 11
1999 St Louis Rams and Tennesse Titans 12
2000 Baltimore Ravens 13
2001 No one new from this list
2002 Oakland Raiders 14
2003 Carolina Panthers 15

Yup 15 different teams, just one shy of half the entire NFL have been during Carl's reign of failure. Several teams have fell apart and been rebuilt to go back during that time such as Denver, Giants, and Patriots. Hell even one expansion Franchise has been during Carl's 16 year 5 year plan.:shake:

MonroeChief
12-03-2004, 10:33 PM
Even for a n00b that was lame, get some game.

Hey, I laughed when I typed it!! That was good enough for me.

MonroeChief
12-03-2004, 10:38 PM
1988 San Fran and Cincinnati 2
1989 Denver 3
1990 New York Giants and Buffalo 5
1991 Washington Redskins 6
1992 Dallas Cowboys 7
1993 No one new from this list
1994 San Diego Chargers 8
1995 Pittsburgh Steelers 9
1996 New England Patriots 10
1997 No one new from this list
1998 Atlanta Falcons and Minnesota Vikings 11
1999 St Louis Rams and Tennesse Titans 12
2000 Baltimore Ravens 13
2001 No one new from this list
2002 Oakland Raiders 14
2003 Carolina Panthers 15

Yup 15 different teams, just one shy of the entire NFL have been during Carl's reign of failure. Several teams have fell apart and been rebuilt to go back during that time such as Denver, Giants, and Patriots. Hell even one expansion Franchise has been during Carl's 16 year 5 year plan.:shake:

Less than half the league. What happens if CP drafts and trades for the best of the best and they still don't preform? Is it still his fault? There are quite a few of the players that are smoking now that weren't drafted high on draft day, is that Carl's fault too?

I still say that the bandwaggonners are looking for a scapegoat and CP is just the person they have picked.

Remember the phrase "on any given Sunday"? The Chiefs just need to find their given Sundays.

The Chiefs were 13-3 under GR, and because they fell apart towards the end of the season, he was the culprit. Was he really? Gun was the end all addition to the team, he could make them do their job. Is it Gun's fault? Those same guys turned in a 13-3 season.

I'd say get a grip on reality. The Chiefs have not because their heart is no longer in it. I think the Denver game killed their spirit.

digi2fish
12-03-2004, 10:51 PM
O, yeh, now he's truly a Raiders