PDA

View Full Version : I hope San Diego wins the Super Bowl this year

Fat Elvis
12-03-2004, 11:43 AM
It would serve the Manning family right.

Brando
12-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Yeah, but they wouldn't have won it with Eli "Ricky Schroeder" Manning at QB as a rook. Still..I like where you are coming from.

Mile High Mania
12-03-2004, 11:50 AM
That would be humerous... but, I can't support such an idea at this time.

ChiefsCountry
12-03-2004, 11:53 AM
I'm for it.

BigMeatballDave
12-03-2004, 11:54 AM
That would be humerous... but, I can't support such an idea at this time.May as well, your donkeys aren't winning shit...
:p

Skip Towne
12-03-2004, 11:59 AM
I'm for it. It would stir up some Marty debates on the Planet.

Otter
12-03-2004, 12:12 PM
I'm for it. It would stir up some Marty debates on the Planet.

Prolly knock King Carl down a notch or two as well. If I could make it though the Raiders and Donx in the Super Bowl I could do the Chargers standing on my head.

patteeu
12-03-2004, 12:18 PM
If the Chiefs don't make the playoffs, I'm going to jump on this bandwagon.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-03-2004, 12:21 PM
No, but I would like to see them win a playoff game against the Ravens, just to see Deon cry

Mr. Laz
12-03-2004, 12:22 PM
heck, why not

takes a shot at Eli "punkbitch" manning
takes a shot at Carl "Istinkoutloud" Peterson
takes a shot at Lamar "moneyisthemainthing" Hunt
takes a shot at those dam,dirty donks
takes a shot at Dick "idontwantdonnieedwards" Vermeil

sounds like a plan :thumb: :thumb:

Gaz
12-03-2004, 12:22 PM
I will not root FOR San Diego.

But I will cheerfully root AGAINST Denver.

xoxo~
Gaz
Picking the far lesser of two evils.

KCTitus
12-03-2004, 12:26 PM
Otter: I dont get the connection on your post about knocking Carl down a peg.

Amnorix
12-03-2004, 12:27 PM
If it isn't going to be the Patriots, then the Chargers are one of the relatively few AFC contenders this year that I actually like. I'll never forget the Air Coryell years, Fouts, etc., and they've historically had terrific uniforms and hot cheer-babes.

Sure, if it ain't the Pats, sign me up.

KCWolfman
12-03-2004, 12:44 PM
I am probably all alone on this one, but I like Peyton. I will be pulling for Indy and Philly

Otter
12-03-2004, 12:45 PM
Otter: I dont get the connection on your post about knocking Carl down a peg.

You're setting me up aren't you...

The fact that Marty had virtually all of the 90's to get it done under Carl but couldn't but then manages to get the job done in San Diego in two years.

I'm sure in Marty's years coaching the Chiefs Carl had his share of input on which direction to steer the ship. Thus making him partialy responsible for the lack of a super bowl appearence.

An analogy; I own a business with a good vice president but for some reason fail to make it to the top of my industry. After years of coming close but never reaching the pinnacle of the industry my vice president leaves for a competitor.

After two years of working with that competitor they take over as the industry leader.

I would start to question what I did wrong as president; what opportunites was he given at my competitor that I failed to provide him with?

KCTitus
12-03-2004, 12:52 PM
You're setting me up aren't you...

The fact that Marty had virtually all of the 90's to get it done under Carl but couldn't but then manages to get the job done in San Diego in two years.

I'm sure in Marty's years coaching the Chiefs Carl had his share of input on which direction to steer the ship. Thus making him partialy responsible for the lack of a super bowl appearence.

I totally agree...however, Marty is the one who affects the field of play. Carl didnt change the game plans or insert new plays prior to the playoff games or choose to start a QB coming off of 5 straight wins for a QB coming off of injury. Two very key examples.

Chiefnj
12-03-2004, 12:52 PM
My AFC preference at this point:

1. Bolts. (I don't harbor any resentment of Marty and they show how important it is to build through the draft.)
2. Jax.
3. NY Jets. (The fact that his previous understudy is more successful than he is would probably stick in CP's craw).
4. Pitt. (Old KC connection with an emphasis on D.)

As long as it isn't Denver or Indy I'll be relatively happy.

Rain Man
12-03-2004, 12:57 PM
I am probably all alone on this one, but I like Peyton. I will be pulling for Indy and Philly

I like Peyton, too. He's a student of the game, and his presence improves the league.

I despise that sniveling, snot-nosed brat Eli Manning. He's the perfect example of all that's wrong with today's athlete, and I hope he gets face-planted on every snap for the rest of his career. It'd be a hoot if San Diego won the Super Bowl, just to show him that sometimes it's best to do the right thing instead of doing what you want.

KCWolfman
12-03-2004, 01:01 PM
I like Peyton, too. He's a student of the game, and his presence improves the league.

I despise that sniveling, snot-nosed brat Eli Manning. He's the perfect example of all that's wrong with today's athlete, and I hope he gets face-planted on every snap for the rest of his career. It'd be a hoot if San Diego won the Super Bowl, just to show him that sometimes it's best to do the right thing instead of doing what you want.
I don't know enough about Eli, and he is in the dreaded conference anyway. I do know I don't like him screwing with the system and essentially Elwaying the draft.

Peyton is a workhorse and has huge work ethics. I am as impressed with him as I am with Holmes.

Braincase
12-03-2004, 01:02 PM
Slide your butt over on that bandwagon!

Otter
12-03-2004, 01:07 PM
I totally agree...however, Marty is the one who affects the field of play. Carl didnt change the game plans or insert new plays prior to the playoff games or choose to start a QB coming off of 5 straight wins for a QB coming off of injury. Two very key examples.

I question how you can be certain Carl didn't push for Grbac to start or for a change in the offensive or defensive philosiphy but despite that discrepancy (this is an NT box, no spell checker), I'm pretty sure Carl is a proud man with quiet a large ego.

No matter who was at fault for what happened back then the simple fact that Marty reached the peak of the industry with the history they have between the two of them, for a division rival no less, would be a nice little jab to his ego.

Iowanian
12-03-2004, 01:37 PM
Its going to be Pats-Iggles

I don't want the bolts to win for 2 reasons.
1. They are not the KC Chiefs
2.I don't want to deal with that smack from Bolt fans next year

Hydrae
12-03-2004, 01:53 PM
Prolly knock King Carl down a notch or two as well. If I could make it though the Raiders and Donx in the Super Bowl I could do the Chargers standing on my head.

I'd get such a headache trying to stay on my head for 3+ hours!

KCWolfman
12-03-2004, 01:59 PM
Negative rep!

Fag.
I didn't say I wanted to do Peyton.

And you may be the only person who can seriously damage my rep with your post count.... perhaps I should reconsider.

KCWolfman
12-03-2004, 02:18 PM
Heh... yeah, let's see if I can make a dent, eh?
Damn, you did it twice, dillhole.

LMAO

I sure hope your gambling goes okay this week. I would hate to think I would err.

Calcountry
12-03-2004, 02:46 PM
Shortenheimer will figure a way to fug it up, you can bet on that.

Baby Lee
12-03-2004, 02:48 PM
And who told Lowery to take a hike and brought in Lin Eliot?

KCWolfman
12-03-2004, 02:49 PM
Who called pass plays instead of running plays for our 5.2 per average RB?

KCTitus
12-03-2004, 02:55 PM
I question how you can be certain Carl didn't push for Grbac to start or for a change in the offensive or defensive philosiphy but despite that discrepancy (this is an NT box, no spell checker), I'm pretty sure Carl is a proud man with quiet a large ego.

No matter who was at fault for what happened back then the simple fact that Marty reached the peak of the industry with the history they have between the two of them, for a division rival no less, would be a nice little jab to his ego.

I cant be certain but it seems unlikely as Marty did make it apparent that Carl's wishes or players were totally under his control. The reason I say this is witness Greg Hill getting the first play from scrimmage running the ball about 25 yards on the first play and not getting another touch until 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

I agree CP has an ego but I dont think he would stoop to tinkering with the starting lineup especially after CP gave Marty more personnel control that prior offseason.

And lets not hand the Lombardi to Marty just yet...they still have to get through NE and Indy not to mention Pittsburgh.

Baby Lee
12-03-2004, 02:56 PM
Who called pass plays instead of running plays for our 5.2 per average RB?
Don't like the answer, deflect with a different question. Noice.

Baby Lee
12-03-2004, 02:58 PM
I'm gonna laugh my arse off is Cowher, Dungy and Schottenheimer are 3 of the 4 remaining in the week before the AFC Championship.

KCWolfman
12-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Don't like the answer, deflect with a different question. Noice.
Actually, I have no problem blaming Carl for all kinds of stupid errors - Bam comes to mind immediately. I hated the idea of Harvey Williams.

But let's be clear that we had a team good enough to get deep into the playoffs on several occassions during Peterson's tenure; however, we obviously had coaches who could not handle the pressure.

Baby Lee
12-03-2004, 03:00 PM
Actually, I have no problem blaming Carl for all kinds of stupid errors - Bam comes to mind immediately. I hated the idea of Harvey Williams.

But let's be clear that we had a team good enough to get deep into the playoffs on several occassions during Peterson's tenure; however, we obviously had coaches who could not handle the pressure.
Lowery kicking is a surer win in that game than run, run, run.

KCTitus
12-03-2004, 03:03 PM

Touche...I cannot argue that one. What I can point out that it was obvious Elliott was strugging 4 weeks prior to the playoffs and was missing extra points quite regularly. As a coach, I wouldnt have let him attempt 4 FG's in that playoff game.

Baby Lee
12-03-2004, 03:04 PM
Touche...I cannot argue that one. What I can point out that it was obvious Elliott was strugging 4 weeks prior to the playoffs and was missing extra points quite regularly. As a coach, I wouldnt have let him attempt 4 FG's in that playoff game.
Did he make one of those attempts on 2nd or 3rd down?

KCTitus
12-03-2004, 03:10 PM
Did he make one of those attempts on 2nd or 3rd down?

Dont be silly...

KCTitus
12-03-2004, 03:17 PM
on a side note on the Elliot thing, he missed 3--35, 39 and 42 yards.

Rain Man
12-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Negative rep!

Fag.

Hey! An innocent bystander got hit with that neg rep!

Hydrae
12-03-2004, 04:00 PM
Hey! An innocent bystander got hit with that neg rep!

Fuggin' internet ganster wannabes anyway! :cuss:

KCWolfman
12-03-2004, 04:10 PM
Lowery kicking is a surer win in that game than run, run, run.
If your game depends on a kick while playing a vastly inferior team, you did something wrong to get to that point during the game.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-03-2004, 04:46 PM
:thumb:

San Diego SUPER CHAAAARRRRRRRGERS!

Otter
12-03-2004, 06:05 PM
I cant be certain but it seems unlikely as Marty did make it apparent that Carl's wishes or players were totally under his control. The reason I say this is witness Greg Hill getting the first play from scrimmage running the ball about 25 yards on the first play and not getting another touch until 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

I agree CP has an ego but I dont think he would stoop to tinkering with the starting lineup especially after CP gave Marty more personnel control that prior offseason.

And lets not hand the Lombardi to Marty just yet...they still have to get through NE and Indy not to mention Pittsburgh.

I agree with you on all points and quiet frankly I don't think SD is going to the SB. Just somthing to keep me occupied during this horrible season.

sd4chiefs
12-03-2004, 06:19 PM
The Chargers winning the Super Bowl would be my 2nd worst nightmare. My neighbors (who are all a bunch of bandwagoners) would never let me here the end of it. :shake:

My worst nightmare would be watching the Chiefs lose a close game every week. :rolleyes:

Calcountry
12-03-2004, 06:40 PM
Uh yeah!!! During that playoff game, due to the previous weeks, I was screaming for the coach to ask for volunteers on the sidelines to do the kick. Maybe the punter could have tried, I mean, wtf did they have to lose at that point?

Marty WILL fug it up SOMEHOW.

2bikemike
12-03-2004, 07:11 PM
The Chargers winning the Super Bowl would be my 2nd worst nightmare. My neighbors (who are all a bunch of bandwagoners) would never let me here the end of it. :shake:

It would be my first for the same reason. I don't want any AFCW team to even make the trip until we do.

Ash
12-03-2004, 07:35 PM
I hope san diego wins it all so the salt can be rubbed into carls wounds instead of mine for supporting this team for so long.Carl sucks 5 year plan my ass it was a 5 year plan to make lamars pockets rich beyond belief.

teedubya
12-03-2004, 08:04 PM
nah, i want the Steelers to win... Cowher deserves it, plus that team is badass. STEEL MEN ARE COMING!!!

Sure-Oz
12-03-2004, 08:04 PM
I'd rather see Pittsburgh win it all right now in the AFC or the Eagles in the NFC.

chiefs4me
12-03-2004, 09:05 PM
NO WAY IN HELL will the chargers or broncos win the superbowl,,needless to even worry about it. So since my chiefs are out of it, I'll take the steelers and eagles but god will probably kiss those dam patty melts again.