PDA

View Full Version : David Pollack, profile-DE Georgia

bricks
12-04-2004, 01:01 PM
Positives

- Has a good defensive end build and is a powerful player. Flashes explosive ability and is a good athlete. Smart player who shows excellent awareness. Is a hard worker that gives everything he has on every play.

Weaknesses

- Lacks ideal height for a defensive end. Bulked up in 2003 and didn’t play as well as he had in other seasons.

Overall Analysis

- David Pollack may be the best defensive end prospect available in the 2005 NFL Draft. Pollack played in 10 games and started in 4 contests for the Bulldogs as a true freshman in 2001. He had his break-through season in 2002, earning several first team All-American honors after posting an amazing 23.5 tackles for loss and 14 sacks. Pollack bulked up for the 2003 season in an attempt to improve his game, but wound up with less than desired results and returned to his previous weight for his senior season. Pollack may not be posting huge statistical numbers so far in the 2004 season, but he has been disruptive and has been a very effective player. Pollack has a good build and is very athletic for a player with his dimensions. He has excellent quickness and routinely displays explosive ability on the football field. He is also very strong for his size and can fight through double teams and cause problems in the opponent’s backfield. Pollack is also a high motor player, the type who refuses to be blocked and will leave everything on the field of play. On the downside, Pollack lacks ideal height for a defensive end, and if history is any indication, he will probably need to maintain his weight in the 260-265 pound range to be an effective player at the next level. In summary, Pollack is an excellent prospect who should be a first round pick in the 2005 NFL Draft, and will have a pretty good chance of being selected in the top half of round one.

Reminds You Of:

- Justin Smith, Cincinnati Bengals

www.nfldraftblitz.com/Profiles/davidpollackprofile.htm

*sounds like a football player. Anybody think we'll draft this kid? i think he could fit DV's profile, I'm hoping he can fall as late as an early second rounder.
Besides we could use a DE :rolleyes:

Saulbadguy
12-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Late first rounder. Depending on needs he will be drafted in the first round IMO.

Marcus Spears will probably be the first DE drafted.

I believe we can address our DE needs in FA as we will likely start Jared Allen next year, and we would probably want some veteran on the other side (thats not named Eric Hicks or Vonnie Holliday).

ChiefsFire
12-04-2004, 01:09 PM
Late first rounder. Depending on needs he will be drafted in the first round IMO.

Marcus Spears will probably be the first DE drafted.

I believe we can address our DE needs in FA as we will likely start Jared Allen next year, and we would probably want some veteran on the other side (thats not named Eric Hicks or Vonnie Holliday).

hahhhhhhh come on whats wrong with Holliday?? :shake:

bricks
12-04-2004, 01:11 PM
hahhhhhhh come on whats wrong with Holliday?? :shake:

He's on a "Holliday" most of the time.

the Talking Can
12-04-2004, 01:11 PM
Holliday's bonus will for sure get him cut...thank god

Lzen
12-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Holliday's bonus will for sure get him cut...thank god

I sure hope so.