PDA

View Full Version : Keep doubtin Larry Johnson

Scorp
12-05-2004, 05:43 PM
This man is on a mission. Think we all know who our backup is now. :thumb:

ChiefsFire
12-05-2004, 05:44 PM
hes done good who knows how blaylock would have done today if he hadnt gotten JACKED UP

ChiefsCountry
Blaylock will be gone next year, add 3rd down type back to our draft wish list.

David.
ALL OF YOU STFU.

NOW.

Deberg_1990
12-05-2004, 05:45 PM
Blaylock will be gone next year, add 3rd down type back to our draft wish list.

Yep, that will be our 1st rounder!! Carl is already scouting them out!

ChiefsCountry
12-05-2004, 05:45 PM
I wonder if Larry had nachos before the game. :hmmm:

Phobia
12-05-2004, 05:46 PM
I've had his back all along. Bad situation.

ChiefsFire
12-05-2004, 05:47 PM
I wonder if Larry had nachos before the game. :hmmm:

haha :fart:

David.
no no no, I stick up for LJ and get ****ing grilled every week. Now everyone's all "yeah, he's great" "I had his back"

BS! BS I TELL YOU!

LiL stumppy
I have never doubted LJ.Alway have liked him.

David.
12-05-2004, 05:52 PM
http://forums.breakthetrend.com/images/smilies/suicide.gif

MonroeChief
12-05-2004, 07:21 PM
hes done good who knows how blaylock would have done today if he hadnt gotten JACKED UP

Blaylock was doing OK, but I dont' think he has the same speed that LJ has. He may not have had the same impact that LJ did.

el borracho
12-05-2004, 07:30 PM
Blaylock was doing OK, but I dont' think he has the same speed that LJ has. He may not have had the same impact that LJ did.
Blaylock is plenty fast. The one thing that Johnson has that Blaylock does not is size.

p.s. what did you do to earn all that neg rep in so few posts?

Braincase
12-05-2004, 07:31 PM
I always believed in him. Check out the history... :p

Spicy McHaggis
12-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Blaylock is one of the fastest guys on the team.

Pants
12-05-2004, 07:33 PM

Except for the fact Blaylock is the fastest man on the team and LJ is slow as hell, yeah you are right.

go bo
12-05-2004, 07:34 PM
way to go, larry... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Logical
12-05-2004, 07:35 PM
no no no, I stick up for LJ and get ****ing grilled every week. Now everyone's all "yeah, he's great" "I had his back"

BS! BS I TELL YOU!

If it makes you feel better I still want his ass gone.

Pants
12-05-2004, 07:35 PM
Oh and I'm still doubting LJ, his long runs came from huge wide open holes, he didn't bounce off of tackles like Priest does. He finally did show a little speed on his longer TD run, but still slow for a RB, IMO.

Coach
12-05-2004, 07:36 PM
Blaylock is one of the fastest guys on the team.

Yet LJ has more "pop" at the point of contact than Blaylock does.

Skip Towne
12-05-2004, 07:45 PM
Yet LJ has more "pop" at the point of contact than Blaylock does.
I think so too. While LJ doesn't have the blazing speed of Blaylock, today he was showing a burst to the hole that I hadn't seen before. And when LJ gets that big train cranked up, it takes a lot to stop him. I also saw him running away from LB's after catching the ball as well. Plus he has no problem getting to the corner as he showed today. LJ is not slow.

chiefs4me
12-05-2004, 07:47 PM
SKIP why haven't you started a thread for the PIT JAX game?

Skip Towne
12-05-2004, 07:52 PM
Uh.....because I didn't know they were playing? I rarely start game threads unless they are KU. Why don't you do it? t would be good experience for you, noob. :p

Pants
12-05-2004, 07:55 PM

Besides, nobody really cares. We don't start threads for every NFL game.

chiefs4me
12-05-2004, 07:55 PM
didn't i start one yesterday,,,,who was it,, they won, okay i just might

David.
12-05-2004, 07:56 PM
Oh and I'm still doubting LJ, his long runs came from huge wide open holes, he didn't bounce off of tackles like Priest does. He finally did show a little speed on his longer TD run, but still slow for a RB, IMO.

Larry is pretty fast. I don't know what game you were watching, but he's got good speed.

Skip Towne
Of course I really should watch the game since Pittsburgh is in it. I know Ben Roethlisberger's grandma you know.

go bo
I think so too. While LJ doesn't have the blazing speed of Blaylock, today he was showing a burst to the hole that I hadn't seen before. And when LJ gets that big train cranked up, it takes a lot to stop him. I also saw him running away from LB's after catching the ball as well. Plus he has no problem getting to the corner as he showed today. LJ is not slow.yep...

Pants
didn't i start one yesterday,,,,who was it,, they won, okay i just might

How,,,,about,,you,,,,,,make,some,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sense,,?

Skip Towne
12-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Larry is pretty fast. I don't know what game you were watching, but he's got good speed.
Yeah, and I don't think 40 times have anything to do with it. I think it is the player's rate of acceleration. Okoye is a good example. He was a track guy who had sub 10 second speed in the 100. But he couldn't get that 260 lbs moving quick enough to do him any good. He couldn't get to the open field to use it. In fact, I wrote Marty a letter and asked him why he didn't use the shovel pass to get Okoye the first few steps so he could use his speed. I don't remember if he answered but to this day I don't remember the Chiefs EVER using the shovel pass. A lot of other teams use it, I don't know why we don't.

dtebbe
12-05-2004, 08:09 PM
I think so too. While LJ doesn't have the blazing speed of Blaylock, today he was showing a burst to the hole that I hadn't seen before. And when LJ gets that big train cranked up, it takes a lot to stop him. I also saw him running away from LB's after catching the ball as well. Plus he has no problem getting to the corner as he showed today. LJ is not slow.

I think LJ speed-wise is a lot like Marcus Allen was. He didn't look fast running, but he was movin'. I think it's because they both take pretty long strides. Today LJ got in the groove and stopped dancing in the backfield, and thus he looked good. Nice hands on a couple catches too.

Today, the diapers came off. :)

DT

Deberg_1990
12-05-2004, 08:12 PM
I think LJ showed enough today that will be alright if Blaylock decides to take a walk. In fact, we should let Blaylock walk. Hes got great talent but is too similiar to Priest in style. I like the fact that LJ has more power and is a grinder, which is the opposite of Priest. Change of Pace.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2004, 08:15 PM
I think LJ showed enough today that will be alright if Blaylock decides to take a walk. In fact, we should let Blaylock walk. Hes got great talent but is too similiar to Priest in style. I like the fact that LJ has more power and is a grinder, which is the opposite of Priest. Change of Pace.

The other good thing about keeping LJ is that when our offensive line falls apart, we will be able to bring in road grader types and use LJ's straight ahead style more effectively. Big, quick, agile lineman who can kick ass (Shields and Roaf) don't grow on trees, unfortunately.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2004, 08:17 PM
Yeah, and I don't think 40 times have anything to do with it. I think it is the player's rate of acceleration. Okoye is a good example. He was a track guy who had sub 10 second speed in the 100. But he couldn't get that 260 lbs moving quick enough to do him any good. He couldn't get to the open field to use it. In fact, I wrote Marty a letter and asked him why he didn't use the shovel pass to get Okoye the first few steps so he could use his speed. I don't remember if he answered but to this day I don't remember the Chiefs EVER using the shovel pass. A lot of other teams use it, I don't know why we don't.

KC uses it, just not very often.

Marty didn't use it because he was boring.

And you're right, it IS about acceleration. LJ was hitting that hole like a mutherphucker.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-05-2004, 08:20 PM
LJ followed his blockers today.

Blaylock relies on his speed. He does a poor job of getting in his blocker's pockets and waiting for the play to develop.

I think we've seen the best of Blaylock. I think we're getting an idea what Johnson can do.

I'd love to resign Blaylock and then trade him, but I don't see it happening.

Rausch
12-05-2004, 08:24 PM
At this point we're in a no lose situation.

Blaylock can leave, and if he does, we've seen what LJ can do.

We can resign Blaylock and trade Johnson, and if we do, we've seen what Blaylock can do.

Both can be productive. Frankly, I'd like to keep them both. Not that it's an option...

Skip Towne
12-05-2004, 08:25 PM
Yep, like the '72 Dolphins. They had Csonka as a power back and Mercury Morris as the speed back. They also had a tweener named Jim Kiick. About the time you got ready for one of them, they'd show you one of the others. I'd love to see the Chiefs do that but then I would spend considerable time arguing with the opponents of RBBC. When Marty was in Cleveland, he had two big backs that each rushed for 1,000 yards in a season. Marty killed teams with those guys. One of them was Ernest Byner and I think the other one was named Mack. At any rate RBBC has a history of success in the NFL if it is done correctly.

Sure-Oz
12-05-2004, 08:46 PM
I think props are in order for LJ in this game, even for the haters. He was a major reason we won.