PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks Marty will choke this game away?

shaneo69
12-05-2004, 05:46 PM
After being up 14-7, he has had 1st and goal twice and had to settle for two FG's. Now Denver has just come back and scored a TD to make it 20-14 at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

I'm watching the Denver game and listening to the Chiefs on the computer, and I have full confidence that Marty will choke this game away.

Deberg_1990
12-05-2004, 05:47 PM
Sounds eerily familiar doesnt it?? Ive seen that scenario all too often....

Phobia
12-05-2004, 05:47 PM
I don't think so. This Marty is a new guy. If we had this Marty in KC, we'd be boasting about 3 SuperBowl wins in the 90's and Denver would still be in search of their first win.

We don't know this Marty. Don't pretend you do.

shaneo69
12-05-2004, 05:48 PM
1st play after getting the ball back, Brees throws a swing pass to LT for -1 yard. 2nd and 10, Brees is incomplete. Here comes a draw play on 3rd down!!

Deberg_1990
12-05-2004, 05:48 PM
I don't think so. This Marty is a new guy. If we had this Marty in KC, we'd be boasting about 3 SuperBowl wins in the 90's and Denver would still be in search of their first win.

Yea whatever!!

shaneo69
12-05-2004, 05:49 PM
1st play after getting the ball back, Brees throws a swing pass to LT for -1 yard. 2nd and 10, Brees is incomplete. Here comes a draw play on 3rd down!!

Nope. Fade pass to the sideline, incomplete. Broncos will get the ball back and probably score.

unlurking
12-05-2004, 05:53 PM

Agreed.

The Marty being described is actually our own DV this year. Pot? Kettle?

shaneo69
12-05-2004, 06:05 PM
The Chargers are imploding.

Eleazar
12-05-2004, 06:05 PM
come on thandy eggo :cuss:

Deberg_1990
12-05-2004, 06:06 PM
The Chargers are imploding.

whats happening?? God, Marty never changes........If he chokes that game away....just.......damn, im at a loss for words...

Valiant
12-05-2004, 06:06 PM
leave it to marty to **** us over agian...

shaneo69
12-05-2004, 06:07 PM
whats happening?? God, Marty never changes........If he chokes that game away....just.......damn, im at a loss for words...

Of course, they went 3 and out after the Broncos kicked a FG to cut it to 20-17. On the punt, two guys are there to down the ball inside the 5, and they let it go into the endzone for a touchback.

Deberg_1990
12-05-2004, 06:09 PM
Of course, they went 3 and out after the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) kicked a FG to cut it to 20-17. On the punt, two guys are there to down the ball inside the 5, and they let it go into the endzone for a touchback.

The more things change..the more they stay the same...Marty will never win a Super Bowl kicking field goals.

shaneo69
12-05-2004, 06:09 PM
Three plays later, Broncos 1st down at Chargers 18.

shaneo69
12-05-2004, 06:11 PM
1st and goal Denver.

shaneo69
12-05-2004, 06:11 PM
Woo hoo!!! INT in the endzone. Way to go Jake!!

jollymon
12-05-2004, 06:12 PM
INT Charrrrrgers

Deberg_1990
12-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Woo hoo!!! INT in the endzone. Way to go Jake!!

hahahah......wow!! Peter King will be eating so much crow! Plummer sucks!!

alanm
12-05-2004, 06:22 PM
Denver pulls the choke job.:thumb:ROFL

Michael Michigan
12-05-2004, 06:24 PM
The Donks still have a good shot

FloridaChief
12-05-2004, 06:24 PM
Fuggin' Chargers trying to give the game away! Stiffen up, Marty!

...so to speak...

Michael Michigan
12-05-2004, 06:25 PM
3rd and 10 Denver :38 to go

Michael Michigan
12-05-2004, 06:25 PM
4th and 10

Michael Michigan
12-05-2004, 06:26 PM
they got it

Michael Michigan
12-05-2004, 06:26 PM
:18 left

Donks have no timeouts

Michael Michigan
12-05-2004, 06:27 PM
:14 left from the Bolts 45

Michael Michigan
12-05-2004, 06:28 PM
4th and 10

Donks have one last shot

from the SD 47-yard line

alanm
12-05-2004, 06:29 PM
And down goes Denver. :thumb:

FloridaChief
12-05-2004, 06:30 PM
Super-Chahgars win!

Michael Michigan
12-05-2004, 06:30 PM
Nice pass Jake

Bolts lead the AFC West by 2 games.

alanm
12-05-2004, 06:32 PM
I think now is the time to go over to the Mange and watch the meltdown ensue.ROFL I won't post but I think I will partake in some Donk misery and enjoy myself.:thumb:

teedubya
12-05-2004, 06:32 PM
beautiful... fugg off jake. heh. Donkos and Raiduhs lose...what a good day.

Michael Michigan
12-05-2004, 06:33 PM
I think now is the time to go over to the Mange and watch the meltdown ensue.ROFL I won't post but I think I will partake in some Donk misery and enjoy myself.:thumb:

They've got the Chargers right where they want them.

At least that's what I've heard...

;)

DJay23
12-05-2004, 06:44 PM
You guys should have known. Marty won't start choking these games away until the playoffs.

shaneo69
12-06-2004, 12:00 PM
Bumped so that Titus and Baby Lee can continue their argument on the appropriate thread.

Predarat
12-06-2004, 12:20 PM
Wow-the only thing that saved Marty from choking is the fact that Shanny/Plummer choked worse! Why coudnt that have happened when he coached in KC???!!!

Calcountry
12-06-2004, 12:38 PM
I have one thing to say to Martyball.

You won't get 4 ints in the playoffs.

You needed 4 pics, plus a lucky bounce on a fumble recovery, AT HOME, to win by 3 points.

You ARE for real. You HAVE arrived. Marty ball is alive and well.

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2004, 12:45 PM
Right before that pick in the EZ, I had just said: "Uh-oh, Marty's choking in a big game!"

KCTitus
12-06-2004, 12:49 PM
Oh where, oh where did BL go?

Rausch
12-06-2004, 12:53 PM
Oh where, oh where did BL go?

BL?

Predarat
12-06-2004, 12:55 PM
I find this hillarious! Shanny/Plummer out choking the choke master! Stupid Doncs!! This may cost them the playoffs!

Baby Lee
12-06-2004, 12:57 PM
I have one thing to say to Martyball.

You won't get 4 ints in the playoffs.

You needed 4 pics, plus a lucky bounce on a fumble recovery, AT HOME, to win by 3 points.

You ARE for real. You HAVE arrived. Marty ball is alive and well.
We couldn't beat the Broncos with Plummer throwing INTs left handed. I don't get where we, as fans of one of the worst teams in the entire league, get the huevos to look down on a former coach who just punked us in our own house and went on to secure the division.

Brock
12-06-2004, 01:01 PM
I don't get where we, as fans of one of the worst teams in the entire league, get the huevos to look down on a former coach who just punked us in our own house and went on to secure the division.

I don't get where you care. Did you think Marty was going to come back to the division and we were going to become Charger fans? KCJ excepted.

KCTitus
12-06-2004, 01:04 PM
BL?

Bad acronym...Baby Lee. It could be confused with Brock

Baby Lee
12-06-2004, 01:10 PM
I don't get where you care. Did you think Marty was going to come back to the division and we were going to become Charger fans? KCJ excepted.
At this point, about all we have in terms of cachet for our team, is the knowlegibility of our fans. And when we're on here laughing at how sorry someone who has just punked us a week ago, and then beat their only competition for the division this week, that sliver of credibility starts to slide as well.

"Ha, ha. The joke's on him. We suck arse, but I think he might lose in the playoffs. That's hilarious."

Brock
12-06-2004, 01:12 PM
At this point, about all we have in terms of cachet for our team, is the knowlegibility of our fans. And when we're on here laughing at how sorry someone who has just punked us a week ago, and then beat their only competition for the division this week, that sliver of credibility starts to slide as well.

I have a suspicion that you didn't like people bagging on Schottenheimer when he was 4-12 either. Sorry, dude. The man is just another lackluster coach to me now. He's been gone a long time, and I reserve the right to laugh at his failings just like I do Shanahan's no matter what the Chiefs record is.

Baby Lee
12-06-2004, 01:15 PM
I have a suspicion that you didn't like people bagging on Schottenheimer when he was 4-12 either. Sorry, dude. The man is just another lackluster coach to me now. He's been gone a long time, and I reserve the right to laugh at his failings just like I do Shanahan's no matter what the Chiefs record is.
And my point is that looking upon him locking up the division yesterday as a failing makes you look like an idiot.

Brock
12-06-2004, 01:16 PM
And my point is that looking upon him locking up the division yesterday as a failing makes you look like an idiot.

And I did that where? Please enlighten me.

Rausch
12-06-2004, 01:17 PM

We aren't pointing to a current failure, but a pattern of failure that leads one to believe it is imminent in the playoffs.

Baby Lee
12-06-2004, 01:21 PM
And I did that where? Please enlighten me.
My apologies, I should have gone with the more formal "makes one look like an idiot."

I was trying to make a general point, not one necessarily directed at you.

Brock
12-06-2004, 01:25 PM
My apologies, I should have gone with the more formal "makes one look like an idiot."

I was trying to make a general point, not one necessarily directed at you.

I still am faced with the question of whether or not handicapping the playoff teams in whatever fashion when my team has a bad record makes anyone look like an idiot.

KCTitus
12-06-2004, 01:27 PM
Feh...I think you're intentionally missing the point, Baby Lee.

It's obvious that Marty reverted to 'old form' yesterday and it has ZERO to do with SD beating KC.

Baby Lee
12-06-2004, 01:35 PM
Feh...I think you're intentionally missing the point, Baby Lee.

It's obvious that Marty reverted to 'old form' yesterday and it has ZERO to do with SD beating KC.
If by 'old form' you mean winning the division. . . Still don't see what's funny about that from the perspective a Chiefs fan.

ROFL ROFL - same old sorry Marty. He may be able to punk us, but he'll lose to the REAL teams in the NFL. Boy does he look stupid for thinking that beating the sorry assed Chiefs is some kind of achievement. He doesn't know how much we suck. Boy does HE look stupid.

Rausch
12-06-2004, 01:36 PM
If by 'old form' you mean winning the division. . . Still don't see what's funny about that from the perspective a Chiefs fan.

1st hand knowledge of his inability to do anything with it (it being a division championchip and a playoff birth.)

KCTitus
12-06-2004, 01:38 PM

Cmon, man, being obtuse doesnt suit you...and fyi, a Chiefs fan perspective is quite valuable to explain exactly why that game was so close after being up 13 in the first half.

Baby Lee
12-06-2004, 01:39 PM
1st hand knowledge of his inability to do anything with it (it being a division championchip and a playoff birth.)
If the past so informs the future, WTF kept saint Vermiel from willing us to the SB last year?

KCTitus
12-06-2004, 01:40 PM
If the past so informs the future, WTF kept saint Vermiel from willing us to the SB last year?

Failure is easier than success...

Baby Lee
12-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Cmon, man, being obtuse doesnt suit you...and fyi, a Chiefs fan perspective is quite valuable to explain exactly why that game was so close after being up 13 in the first half.
The game was close because the Broncos are a quality team playing for the division title. End of story.

Rausch
12-06-2004, 01:44 PM

Is he done yet? I believe year 4 was his SB win in Philli, but I could be wrong.

Past behavior does not gaurantee future actions, but it is an indicator of a likely scenerio...

DV has already accomplished in KC what he did at every other stop, with every other team, save a SB appearance.

The same can be said for Marty, save a playoff failure.

KCTitus
12-06-2004, 01:45 PM
The game was close because the Broncows are a quality team playing for the division title. End of story.

The game wasnt close the first half, but was close at the end and was one fumble bounce from being a loss. I dont get while you hiding your head in the sand on this.

shaneo69
12-06-2004, 04:02 PM

What's funny is that all those Chargers fans who were here last week are getting their hopes up right now, just like we used to, but this time, it will be other teams' fans who get their hopes dashed instead of us.

With the way they were folding at the end of the game yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if Denver still catches them. Their secondary is worse than ours; if Denver had receivers who could catch the ball, the game wouldn't have even been close.

Mile High Mania
12-06-2004, 04:20 PM
What's funny is that all those Chargers fans who were here last week are getting their hopes up right now, just like we used to, but this time, it will be other teams' fans who get their hopes dashed instead of us.

With the way they were folding at the end of the game yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if Denver still catches them. Their secondary is worse than ours; if Denver had receivers who could catch the ball, the game wouldn't have even been close.

The TEs totally sucked yesterday for Denver and for whatever reasons, Rod Smith didn't have his first catch until late in the 3rd. Once he got involved, they scored and started moving the ball well on the Chargers. All is not lost, but this team is a bit away from being "well rounded" enough to truly be a threat in the playoffs. And, that may be lost at this point.... it all depends on how they finish and what the other wildcard teams do.

Predarat
12-06-2004, 04:31 PM
I know this is a known saying but it rings true in this situation. Is not a question of if Marty will choke but when. All the Chiefs fans know this. It was like when Elvis went to the Ratbirds and the Chiefs fans were laughing out asses off at the ratbirds fans who thought they would win the SB again for sure. Elvis was going to be their savior. But we all knew better. I wonder how many ratbird fans wish they had kept Dilfer? Perhaps Marty coming face to face with the end of his caoching carrer has changed him. But after all this is Missouri and ill believe it when i see it. Show me, Marty!

ChiefsOne
12-06-2004, 04:55 PM
I am kinda hoping the Chargers win it all since KC isn't anywhere close.

Marty can't screw this up, if he stays with Brees and the play calling.

tk13
12-06-2004, 05:04 PM

Eh, I think the Colts can hang 40 on them... I like Marty and all but I'm not sure they can beat the big 3 in the AFC, especially on the road.

ChiefsOne
12-06-2004, 05:09 PM
Meaning "Marty can't screw it up". Now his players might get out played, but won't be Marty's fault.

Brock
12-06-2004, 05:19 PM

Are you kidding? Brees vs. Manning, Brees vs. Brady, I know which QB I'm betting on, and it ain't Brees.

Mile High Mania
12-06-2004, 06:21 PM
ChiefsOne ... it's not about Brees, it's all about LT. And, yeah... Marty can screw this up. Go back to the Cleveland days, then KC ... the guy has bad playoff mojo. Similar to Levy and Reeves.

Calcountry
12-07-2004, 02:28 PM
We couldn't beat the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) with Plummer throwing INTs left handed. I don't get where we, as fans of one of the worst teams in the entire league, get the huevos to look down on a former coach who just punked us in our own house and went on to secure the division.
Because he is punkable. One game is not the playoffs.

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 02:31 PM
Because he is punkable. One game is not the playoffs.
Do you see nothing embarassing about pointing like Nelson Munts and saying "Ha ha!! You're better than us, but I think you might suck in the near future, on a stage we're to sh!tty to even reach, too?"

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 02:41 PM
Do you see nothing embarassing about pointing like Nelson Munts and saying "Ha ha!! You're better than us, but I think you might suck in the near future, on a stage we're to sh!tty to even reach, too?"

I cant speak for anyone else, but that's not what Im saying.

Ive watch Marty fall asleep at the wheel and end up crashing and burning not once but twice in playoff games and I saw him getting drowsy and nodding off in the second half of that game against Denver.

It's pointing out he was reverting to old habits, nothing more...

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 02:47 PM
I cant speak for anyone else, but that's not what Im saying.

Ive watch Marty fall asleep at the wheel and end up crashing and burning not once but twice in playoff games and I saw him getting drowsy and nodding off in the second half of that game against Denver.

It's pointing out he was reverting to old habits, nothing more...
I know the last four years may have pushed the possibility from your mind, but there are NFL teams out there with defensive units capable to bearing down and changing the momentum of the game.
If he'd squeeked by the 49ers at home, you'd have a point, but he was facing Shannarat's broncos facing playoff elimination, and the possible end of an era.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 03:06 PM
I know the last four years may have pushed the possibility from your mind, but there are NFL teams out there with defensive units capable to bearing down and changing the momentum of the game.
If he'd squeeked by the 49ers at home, you'd have a point, but he was facing Shannarat's broncos facing playoff elimination, and the possible end of an era.

Who's defense are we talking about?

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 03:08 PM
Who's defense are we talking about?
The Broncos. They were doing their job to keep the team in it. Plummer fell on his but in ways Elvis could never dream, but that's not the D's fault.