PDA

View Full Version : Ho-hum... there went the season

Mile High Mania
12-05-2004, 07:54 PM
I am sure you all rejoiced... but, overall they played like hell. Plummer played poorly, but 2 of those picks weren't his fault. Sadly, the potential game winning drive that ended in a pick ... that was a bad throw.

Too much was given up by the D-line and the offense was uninspired for the most part. Not a whole lot to bitch about as I never thought they were a "superbowl contending" team, but I was hoping for a division title or a playoff win at the very least. Technically, there is still hope, but the last 2 weeks were huge.

We'll see how it goes from here... not all that happy right now. The only saving grace is that both of my fantasy teams advanced to their playoffs, so there's something to be happy about.

teedubya
12-05-2004, 07:55 PM
welcome to our world, donko bitch.

Mile High Mania
12-05-2004, 07:56 PM
Your world still smells a lot worse... bastage.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-05-2004, 07:58 PM
We know how you feel, MHM. Except we felt it first, like 4 weeks ago. You guys still have a shot, but it's not likely unless SD stumbles big.

Mile High Mania
12-05-2004, 08:02 PM
After the last 2 weeks, I'm not even all that interested in seeing them advance, it has 1 and done written on it. Of course, I'd still love to see them go...

DEN got zero help, aside from 1 play, from the TEs. They had two balls that should have been caught that wound up being picked up. Big thumbs up to our 300 lb TE - nice way to let the ball bounce off ya there.

The DLine just gave up way too much today at the wrong time. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2004, 08:03 PM
You ain't gettin' the keys.

morphius
12-05-2004, 08:06 PM
You still have a decent chance of making the playoff's. The one spot is between Denver, Balt and Jax, with Buf and Cinci needed int win out to get a spot. AFC West is most likely out of reach, but I wouldn't give up on the playoffs yet. I have said it all along though, Denver looked like a one and done playoff team at best, with no real chance of making the AFC Chamionship game.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-05-2004, 08:07 PM
After the last 2 weeks, I'm not even all that interested in seeing them advance, it has 1 and done written on it. Of course, I'd still love to see them go...

DEN got zero help, aside from 1 play, from the TEs. They had two balls that should have been caught that wound up being picked up. Big thumbs up to our 300 lb TE - nice way to let the ball bounce off ya there.

The DLine just gave up way too much today at the wrong time. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

Best of luck, MHM.

teedubya
12-05-2004, 08:08 PM
well donko bitches... heh... our SB is keepin yo asses out of the playoffs. oh yeah.

Rausch
12-05-2004, 08:14 PM
Your world still smells a lot worse... bastage.

That's because the McRibb is back. Oh, happy day...

http://www.amherst.edu/~mrgads/pix/shining.jpg

Logical
12-05-2004, 08:18 PM
Believe it or not MHM because I cannot stand the San Diego bandwagon fans I wanted your Broncos to win today. Sorry it did not happen, but 4 interceptions, man that is a killer.

crossbow
12-05-2004, 08:33 PM
Cheer up there are plenty of teams left that your o-line hasn't chop blocked yet. If they work at it they could ruin a couple more careers by season's end.

Sure-Oz
12-05-2004, 08:56 PM
You guys still have a shot. Two of those picks were on the WR's for sure. SD didn't play well except tomlinson and the TO's they got.

Mile High Mania
12-05-2004, 09:02 PM
This is all very true... aside from the DEN smack... :)

Games like last week and today are just too damn taxing on the soul. We'll see how it shakes out.

chiefs4me
12-05-2004, 09:19 PM
I am sure you all rejoiced... but, overall they played like hell. Plummer played poorly, but 2 of those picks weren't his fault. Sadly, the potential game winning drive that ended in a pick ... that was a bad throw.

Too much was given up by the D-line and the offense was uninspired for the most part. Not a whole lot to bitch about as I never thought they were a "superbowl contending" team, but I was hoping for a division title or a playoff win at the very least. Technically, there is still hope, but the last 2 weeks were huge.

We'll see how it goes from here... not all that happy right now. The only saving grace is that both of my fantasy teams advanced to their playoffs, so there's something to be happy about.

Kind of slippery on that mountain,,,isn't it? PBJ

shaneo69
12-05-2004, 10:22 PM
I thought the Chiefs WR's dropped a ton of passes. Then I watched the Broncos and all-world rookie Darius Watts today. Looks like he's got a case of the Lelie's.

Mile High Mania
12-05-2004, 11:01 PM
I thought the Chiefs WR's dropped a ton of passes. Then I watched the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) and all-world rookie Darius Watts today. Looks like he's got a case of the Lelie's.

Rookies do that now and then... Kennison and Morton haven't been rookies in a long time. Watts has a lot of work to do, but he has great potential.

Straight, No Chaser
12-05-2004, 11:18 PM
You guys still have a shot. Two of those picks were on the WR's for sure. SD didn't play well except tomlinson and the TO's they got.
:shake: SD's defensive line were monsters out there today --a little too big and strong for Donks O-line. Surprised that Jake didn't try to run the boot on them, or take off himself. Their LBs were swarming to Droughns.

Marty has this team believing in themselves. Too bad they have to overcome going lame in the playoffs...

---->

the Talking Can
12-05-2004, 11:36 PM
PASSING ATT CMP YDS SK/YD TD LG IN RT
J.Plummer 40 16 278 2/15 0 45 4 24.8

Rating of 24.8

just like the playoff last year....when it counts the most Plummber chokes, he always has

Mile High Mania
12-05-2004, 11:40 PM
PASSING ATT CMP YDS SK/YD TD LG IN RT
J.Plummer 40 16 278 2/15 0 45 4 24.8

Rating of 24.8

just like the playoff last year....when it counts the most Plummber chokes, he always has

You make me laugh b/c you never type much the times he does well and he's done well for most of the season. But, that's cool.

the Talking Can
12-05-2004, 11:44 PM
You make me laugh b/c you never type much the times he does well and he's done well for most of the season. But, that's cool.

because in the end it doesn't matter, he blows it....you had to win today and he threw 4 ints....you explain it, I don't have to...I watched him against Indy last year

I thank god every day he is your QB, much like I'm thankful for Queen at MU...

Eleazar
12-05-2004, 11:47 PM
We went through the same thing with Grbac. There are some who just don't seem to have it when you need it.

the Talking Can
12-05-2004, 11:49 PM
I stole this from the mange, but its perfect:

http://img83.exs.cx/img83/5999/plummersig1.jpg

Hammock Parties
12-05-2004, 11:51 PM
I stole this from the mange, but its perfect:

http://img83.exs.cx/img83/5999/plummersig1.jpg

I made that. ROFL

Hammock Parties
12-05-2004, 11:52 PM
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/8039/officespace.jpg