PDA

View Full Version : Plummer, just isn't that good

Red Dawg
12-06-2004, 09:47 AM
and that's what the Donkey fans can't face. I'm not saying Green is fabulous, he also needs a ground game to be effective but the Donkeys think Plummer should be excuse from all the int's but the last one. This was a huge game for both teams. Great QB's make things happen to win the big games. They can move the ball when needed without a ground game. What did Plummer do to win the game? Like all the others they lost, nothing without a ground game.

Plummer is overated in Denver.

KCFalcon59
12-06-2004, 10:17 AM
Duh.

HC_Chief
12-06-2004, 10:19 AM
Plummer has always sucked. Shanny and Kubiak have done a tremendous job with scheming, to downplay the guy's weaknesses. Still, apply a bit of pressure and he folds. Hit him a few times and he'll throw the ball right to you.

jspchief
12-06-2004, 10:44 AM
Honestly, I have to give the Bron-cos credit for winning in spite of Plummer as often as they do. He does an excellent job of throwing a wrench into an otherwise well-oiled machine. I laugh when Taco tries to tell me they win because of him, and I love hearing the Donkey fans talk about how "what he did in Arizona doesn't matter now". As if moving to the mountains has erased his knack for throwing the ball to the wrong team.

cash1000
12-06-2004, 10:49 AM
3 of those interceptions weren't Plummer's fault.

ChiefsCountry
12-06-2004, 10:56 AM
Go to www.orangemane.com and tell those clowns that.

jspchief
12-06-2004, 10:58 AM

Really? I didn't realize the Donkeys had inserted a different QB on those plays...

I'm sure hardly any of the 136 career INTs are his fault. He just has the worst luck.

TEX
12-06-2004, 11:42 AM

I disagree. IMO, 2 weren't. The tipped ball at the line was his fault as he released it so close to the line rather than run or take the sack. The one in the endzone was as well as he threw it to the inside, where the defender was, rather to the outside. I'll admit that it took 2 good plays by the defense to pick them off, but the QB has to be held accountable as well.

Mile High Mania
12-06-2004, 04:16 PM
DaddyT - I think you and Talking Can are way too terribly fixated on Plummer.

Here's the my view on Plummer - yes, he has issues, but he has a good arm and mobility. I like his competitive fire and with the right scheme and can be a top 10 QB. He has proven that this year.

I accept the fact that he will do things that make me curse as loud as can. I also watch some of the plays he makes in the play-action, bootlegs and just scrambling in general and I like what I see. He has built a great relationship with Lelie, Rod and even Watts. He has connected well on many deep passes to these guys and is not just a "dink and dunk" QB doing it with smoke and mirrors.

Yes, he had 4 INTs, but I excuse 2 of them. The one into the endzone to Rod was very risky - he took a chance and he lost. There were 2 that were direct results of tips, ie the one to the 300 lb TE that bounced right off and into the defender's arm. They all count the same in the stat book and I realize that.

Is he the ideal QB like the top 5-7 in the league? No. Is he as good as some of the younger guys like Big Ben and Byron can be? Maybe not. But, he's not a Ty Detmer, Ryan Leaf or some other spare that some of you describe him as being. Again - that's fine, I know what board I am on.

Jake is a "system QB" and it has to work right and he has to have talent around him to succeed. I'm fine with that. Denver's back to back losses are not all on Plummer. The Defense has fallen down on their end of the deal early in the last two games and the receivers have dropped many balls. Yesterday, the TEs totally sucked.

It's a team effort.

Molitoth
12-06-2004, 04:36 PM
Jake rules