PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see the Eagles/Packers game yesterday?

CosmicPal
12-06-2004, 01:27 PM
If you did, did it bother you to watch Philly remain pass happy toward the end of the 3rd quarter even though they were up 41-3 a the time?

And why the hell did they even have McNabb, Owens, and Westbrook in there with the rest of their starters? 41-3 and you’re still needing points?? I understand running the ball and maybe dishing off short passes here and there, but the Eagles weren’t doing that at all. They acted like they were behind 41-3 themselves. I would’ve been pissed had I been the Packers coach

Saulbadguy
12-06-2004, 01:27 PM
The BCS.

Rausch
12-06-2004, 01:29 PM
Because it emasculated the Pack, a team they might later face in the playoffs.

Gives the Pack a reality check after a solid MNF performance, and something to think about should they meet in the postseason.

Demonpenz
12-06-2004, 01:32 PM
ried called off the dogs once farve was taken out of the game

Coogs
12-06-2004, 01:32 PM
Because it emasculated the Pack, a team they might later face in the playoffs.

Gives the Pack a reality check after a solid MNF performance, and something to think about should they meet in the postseason.

I think the Packers were letting the Eagles get "over-confident" for the rematch in the playoffs. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Packers win in Philly in January.

JazzzLovr
12-06-2004, 01:33 PM
If I were the Packers coach, I think I'd be a lot more concerned about the fact that my offense couldn't score more than 3 points and my defense couldn't stop the Eagles from running up the score.

But then, I didn't actually watch the game, so I'm applying the Vlad Logicslav Armchair Coaching method.

Rausch
12-06-2004, 01:33 PM
Wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Packers win in Philly in January.

I would. The Pack are every bit as bad about giving up the big play in the passing game as we are...

Gaz
12-06-2004, 01:35 PM
If I were the Packers coach, I think I'd be a lot more concerned about the fact that my offense couldn't score more than 3 points and my defense couldn't stop the Eagles from running up the score.

But then, I didn't actually watch the game, so I'm applying the Vlad Logicslav Armchair Coaching method.

Funny. Very funny.

xoxo~
Gaz
Admires good smack with a tight delivery.

CosmicPal
12-06-2004, 01:37 PM
Despite the "revenge" or "running up the scores" and stuff like that...the point is- you save your starters!

Had KC only lost one game this season and were up vs. the faiders 41-3 and all of the starters were still in the game, particularly on the offensive side of the ball- I'd be pissed- but more so, had one of the starters gone down with an injury.

When you're only a couple of weeks away from the playoffs and you're up by that much- no need to be playing your starters.

Rausch
12-06-2004, 01:37 PM
Despite the "revenge" or "running up the scores" and stuff like that...the point is- you save your starters!

Now that I can agree with.

Hoover
12-06-2004, 01:38 PM
If you did, did it bother you to watch Philly remain pass happy toward the end of the 3rd quarter even though they were up 41-3 a the time?

And why the hell did they even have McNabb, Owens, and Westbrook in there with the rest of their starters? 41-3 and you’re still needing points?? I understand running the ball and maybe dishing off short passes here and there, but the Eagles weren’t doing that at all. They acted like they were behind 41-3 themselves. I would’ve been pissed had I been the Packers coach
It was an effort to beat me in my Fantasy Football League

jspchief
12-06-2004, 01:41 PM

Had KC only lost one game this season and were up vs. the faiders 41-3 and all of the starters were still in the game, particularly on the offensive side of the ball- I'd be pissed- but more so, had one of the starters gone down with an injury.

When you're only a couple of weeks away from the playoffs and you're up by that much- no need to be playing your starters.

I think Reid wants this team to be running on all cylinders when it gets to the play-offs. After two years of losing in the NFC title game, I'd do whatever was necessary to build up my team. I think kicking the ass of one of the team's thats supposed to be your main competition helps instill a swaggger.

Pitt Gorilla
12-06-2004, 01:45 PM
Call off the dogs? Are you suggesting that passing is an inherently more effective way to score points? If that's the case, we should be passing at least 80% of the time; mix in a few runs to throw off the other team. Of course, after watching Missouri for an entire season, this philosophy certainly isn't universal in its application.

CosmicPal
12-06-2004, 01:51 PM
Call off the dogs? Are you suggesting that passing is an inherently more effective way to score points?

Nope. I am merely suggesting sitting your starters when you're up by so many points and the game is already won.

BTW- congrats to the Gorillas! When is their game on ESPN? I went to Pitt State my freshman year. Was actually invited to try out for the football team.

Pitt Gorilla
12-06-2004, 01:53 PM
Nope. I am merely suggesting sitting your starters when you're up by so many points and the game is already won.

BTW- congrats to the Gorillas! When is their game on ESPN? I went to Pitt State my freshman year. Was actually invited to try out for the football team.I think it is at 3.

NewChief
12-06-2004, 02:00 PM
I think it is at 3.

Our next door neighbor's dad is the PA announcer for Pitt State.

Pitt Gorilla
12-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Our next door neighbor's dad is the PA announcer for Pitt State.I had a class from Dr. Hamilton. It always seemed that Pete liked his Scotch.

NewChief
12-06-2004, 02:05 PM
I had a class from Dr. Hamilton. It always seemed that Pete liked his Scotch.

I've never met him, but I'll ask Shawn (his son) if he does.

Saulbadguy
12-06-2004, 02:05 PM
In the NFL there is no such thing as "running up the score". You are professionals, you should never allow 47 points.

Rukdafaidas
12-06-2004, 03:21 PM
It was an effort to beat me in my Fantasy Football League
Same here.....The guy I played yesterday had McNabb, Owens and Westbrook all starting. Reid must have known it was a must win game for me. :cuss: