PDA

View Full Version : Priest likely out for season?

Big Chief Homer
12-06-2004, 07:17 PM
Suzy Kolber just said this on nfl countdown while talking to chris mortonsen.he didnt deny it or confirm it just nodded his head.

is this the same speculation we have been hearing for weeks or is this new info. i missed somewhere?anyone else heard this?

I thought i read in a dv press release priest wants to play on monday night? :shrug:

Saulbadguy
12-06-2004, 07:19 PM
I would hope so. We don't want to risk further injury when we are playing for pride.

Sure-Oz
12-06-2004, 07:21 PM
I have pretty much ruled him out for the season since we got eliminated, I love how we don't know his injury once again. I don't want to see him play again this year, this may have been a blessing in disguise so we finally can see what LJ has got.

KCJake
12-06-2004, 07:23 PM
I would hope so. We don't want to risk further injury when we are playing for pride.
Agreed. Let him sit-out the rest of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if Priest retires. I hope not, but remember last off-season?

TEX
12-06-2004, 07:26 PM
Agreed. Let him sit-out the rest of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if Priest retires. I hope not, but remember last off-season?

I would be surprised if he retires. I know I would come back next year especially how this season turned out.

Big Chief Homer
i hope he sits out also,imo LJ earned the start monday night.I hope to see more of what hes got.Either hes got enough to stay or we know we've got another bust.

Then we can draft another RB in the first round(right carl..........wink wink.......)

Ari ümlaüt

Priest aint going out on an injury. He has a lion's share of pride.

go bo
12-06-2004, 07:27 PM
Priest aint going out on an injury. He has a lion's share of pride.ali?

is that you?

Pants
12-06-2004, 07:28 PM

Yeah, like I said before, he will want to set some more records before he retires.

Big Chief Homer
12-06-2004, 07:29 PM

kinda like 2002 right :rolleyes:

Pants
12-06-2004, 07:29 PM
kinda like 2002 right :rolleyes:

Huh? He didn't retire after 2002.

Big Chief Homer
12-06-2004, 07:32 PM
Huh? He didn't retire after 2002.

sorry didnt mean retire,meant sit out the rest of the year......

(I really must learn to comprehend before replying to posts)

Pants
12-06-2004, 07:33 PM
sorry didnt mean retire,meant sit out the rest of the year......

Oh yeah. I hope he sits it out though, heals up and is fresh next season.

ChiefsCountry
12-06-2004, 07:34 PM
I have pretty much ruled him out for the season since we got eliminated

Priest is resting for the playoffs, since we aren't eliminated just yet. ;)

I know I'm a :homer:

philfree
12-06-2004, 07:37 PM
If Priest is 100% he needs to play and he should want to play. If he's close he should play. Trent played banged up this week why should Holmes get to dog it? At this point who's more important to the O? Also if I were Holmes watching Blaylock and LJ tear it up I might heal faster. Does Holmes have a roster bonus in 2005? That might make a differance too. I hope Holmes isn't injured to where he can't come back this year. If he's not then it's not fair to sit him and play Green,Roaf,Shields and Gonzo......All that said if Holmes is healthy he won't sit out. No way!

PhilFree :arrow:

Big Chief Homer
12-06-2004, 07:38 PM
Oh yeah. I hope he sits it out though, heals up and is fresh next season.
i do too.i hope to see them start to sit alot of guys(ie.roaf,shields,)lets see what the young guys got.

black looked pretty good yesterday,maybe theres a couple more like him pickin splinters out of their asses.

Big Chief Homer
12-06-2004, 07:40 PM
If Priest is 100% he needs to play and he should want to play. If he's close he should play. Trent played banged up this week why should Holmes get to dog it? At this point who's more important to the O? Also if I were Holmes watching Blaylock and LJ tear it up I might heal faster. Does Holmes have a roster bonus in 2005? That might make a differance too. I hope Holmes isn't injured to where he can't come back this year. If he's not then it's not fair to sit him and play Green,Roaf,Shields and Gonzo......All that said if Holmes is healthy he won't sit out. No way!

good point :thumb:

Sure-Oz
12-06-2004, 07:43 PM
Priest is resting for the playoffs, since we aren't eliminated just yet. ;)

I know I'm a :homer:
You are thinking of the NFC. ROFL

philfree
12-06-2004, 07:44 PM
good point

Is that twice in two days you've agreed with me? :thumb:

ChiefsCountry
12-06-2004, 07:48 PM
You are thinking of the NFC. ROFL

Ain't that the truth.

Logical
12-06-2004, 07:51 PM

I sort of agree with this, I definitely want him to miss the Tennessee game so we can see how LJ performs against a good run defense. He did great against one of the worst defenses in the league so lets see him do it against a decent defense over the course of an entire game.

philfree
12-06-2004, 08:00 PM
I sort of agree with this, I definitely want him to miss the Tennessee game so we can see how LJ performs against a good run defense.

You'll have to watch the games to really know.......... :p

Mile High Mania
12-06-2004, 08:08 PM
I really doubt you guys see him in action any time for the rest of the season.

RedandGold
12-06-2004, 08:51 PM
What gain is there in having Priest play the remaining games? He isn't going to set any rushing records this season, and his contribution won't get us into the playoffs.

The only thing that he could do at this point is risk additional injury, and I would rather have him eating nachos in the booth while LJ gets some valuable experience.

FloridaMan88
12-06-2004, 08:53 PM
I agree if Priest is healthy or close to healthy he needs to play. He's getting paid a crap load of $$$$$$$ and if he's healthy he should be playing.

Also why do Priest's injuries develop into these medical mysteries. How did this turn into a slightly strained knee ligament into a season ending injury.

digi2fish
12-06-2004, 09:00 PM
well,
can DV just tell us that Priest is out of the season ? it doesn't matter any more, send him to a vacation or something, just make sure he'll come back the next season. btw I don't think Preist will retire, he's not the tough guy we know if he's willing to finish his career like this.

rotate Blaylock and Larry Johnson to tell who'll be our 2nd RB, even the future starting RB, or upgrade the trading value.

FloridaMan88
12-06-2004, 09:02 PM
Not sure what type of information Jeff Fisher has, but in his press conference today he said when asked about the Chiefs it was his understanding that Priest Holmes could be coming back this week.

Not sure if this was based on anything he knew or if he was just saying it.

philfree
12-06-2004, 09:04 PM
What gain is there in having Priest play the remaining games?

Team chemistry! If Green or Shields or Gonzo get hurt playing while a healthy Holmes sits the bench hows that gonna play out? No one is above the team.

TEX
12-06-2004, 09:19 PM
I agree if Priest is healthy or close to healthy he needs to play. He's getting paid a crap load of $$$$$$$ and if he's healthy he should be playing.

Also why do Priest's injuries develop into these medical mysteries. How did this turn into a slightly strained knee ligament into a season ending injury.

Yep, and when it happened I was thinking it would turn into a "medical mystery." :hmmm:

RedandGold
12-06-2004, 09:25 PM
Team chemistry! If Green or Shields or Gonzo get hurt playing while a healthy Holmes sits the bench hows that gonna play out? No one is above the team.

The chances of Priest actually being healthy for the rest of the season are slim. That is why I made the comment that I did.

For him to play at 60-70% and risk escalating a season-ending injury to a career-ending injury is not worth it when there are no playoff implications.

Priest is simply too valuable to make that kind of gamble.

philfree
12-06-2004, 09:36 PM
For him to play at 60-70% and risk escalating a season-ending injury to a career-ending injury is not worth it when there are no playoff implications.

If he ain't 90%+ then he has no business being on the field.

Mile High Mania
12-06-2004, 09:43 PM
Honestly, there is nothing to be gained by him playing this season. Let it heal and find out what you really have with LJ. Blaylock is a FA, so you need to know if LJ has lost the diaper fully and can carry the load as Priest's backup.

Going into 2005, KC needs to use Priest and LJ (or whomever is the backup) similar to how the Jets use Jordan, but do it more early in the season.

He's getting old and injuries are becoming too consistent. Plus, with all the rumor on this site about Holmes retiring... you have to find out what LJ has to offer.

RedandGold
12-06-2004, 09:52 PM
Honestly, there is nothing to be gained by him playing this season. Let it heal and find out what you really have with LJ. Blaylock is a FA, so you need to know if LJ has lost the diaper fully and can carry the load as Priest's backup.

Going into 2005, KC needs to use Priest and LJ (or whomever is the backup) similar to how the Jets use Jordan, but do it more early in the season.

He's getting old and injuries are becoming too consistent. Plus, with all the rumor on this site about Holmes retiring... you have to find out what LJ has to offer.

Bingo!

:clap:

Deberg_1990
12-06-2004, 10:00 PM
Yep, this is a prime oppurtunity for LJ to show us what hes got! This is exactly why he was drafted in the first place. Priest isnt getting any younger, hes an enigma at times about his health, and is starting to get hurt alot more often.

philfree
12-06-2004, 10:01 PM
Bingo!

You are agreeing with a Donk fan :shake: I'm not suggesting to play Holmes if he is not ready but I would expect the same from him as we get from Green, Shields and other's who are gonna play with dings. Unless we're gonna sit all of our offensive starters if Holmes is healthy enough he plays and he should demand to.

Mile High Mania
12-06-2004, 10:03 PM
I'm fairly certain his knee injury is more than a "ding". You have to think of the big picture here. Holmes is the offense, he makes that offense rock and roll... why put that in jeopardy by playing him now? How many years does he have left ... 2-3? It all depends on health... right now, nothing is gained by starting Holmes. I would imagine you would get a consensus "hell yeah" from the rest of the team.

patteeu
12-06-2004, 10:03 PM
Tonight on his radio program, DV said he was less optimistic than he has been that Priest will return this season. He said he wants Priest to come back and Priest wants to come back and that Priest's working hard to come back but that he's not healing as quickly as they had hoped. He said the one thing he knows for sure is that he won't play Priest unless he is 100%. I'm guessing this all means that Priest is done for the year as everyone seems to be speculating.

RedandGold
12-06-2004, 10:13 PM
You are agreeing with a Donk fan :shake: I'm not suggesting to play Holmes if he is not ready but I would expect the same from him as we get from Green, Shields and other's who are gonna play with dings. Unless we're gonna sit all of our offensive starters if Holmes is healthy enough he plays and he should demand to.

Priest had been playing with dings all season, and that is exactly what I would expect from him. This is obviously more than a ding, and that is why I favor letting him heal so that he will be healthy for next season.

At least we both agree that he shouldn't play if he isn't healthy enough...

philfree
12-06-2004, 10:16 PM
Holmes is the offense,

Yeah but both the 2nd and 3rd string RBs have rushed for a 100+ yards since Holmes has ben out and they've got some pass receptions with good yards as well as TDs.............I can't believe people listen to the enemy :shake:

Mile High Mania
12-06-2004, 10:19 PM
Yeah but both the 2nd and 3rd string RBs have rushed for a 100+ yards since Holmes has ben out and they've got some pass receptions with good yards as well as TDs.............I can't believe people listen to the enemy :shake:

So... Holmes = Blaylock = LJ? I didn't realize they were all on the same level. My bad.

philfree
12-06-2004, 10:25 PM
This is obviously more than a ding, and that is why I favor letting him heal so that he will be healthy for next season.

If he's not healthy enough I agree that he shouldn't play. If he is then I think he should. I'm not the doctor and I'm not Priest so I don't know his condition. I don't think Holmes will be made to sit if he's healthy enough to play. He won't allow that IMO. Of course he may have contract incentives that come into play here too. If he sit's out it cause us to achieve some of that unachieved incentive extra cap room. It's such a web :banghead:

KCJake
12-06-2004, 10:36 PM
Priest suffered a "mild MCL Sprain." That is a pretty serious injury. 3-6 week deal. I really don't think he is "dogging it"