PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Chiefs player serving two days in jail - Tim Grunhard

sevenand7kc
12-09-2004, 11:46 AM
Saw this on the news this morning

Ex-Chiefs player serving two days in jail

Former Kansas City Chiefs player Tim Grunhard is serving two days in the Johnson County jail as part of a program to avoid prosecution on a felony perjury charge.

Grunhard was charged earlier this year with lying to get out of jury duty. He allegedly said he no longer was a resident of Johnson County but instead lived in Warsaw, Mo. Based on his statements, he was excused from jury duty in Johnson County District Court.

But prosecutors maintained that his primary residence was in Mission Hills.

This week, Grunhard and prosecutors reached a deal that would place the former center on diversion. If he completes the 12-month program, the perjury charge will not appear on his record.

Lying under oath is an offense that authorities take seriously, said Johnson County District Attorney Paul Morrison.

Records showed that Grunhard was booked into the jail at 9:17 a.m. Tuesday and was to be held for 48 hours, which Morrison said was typical “shock time” in such cases.

Grunhard, 36, retired from the Chiefs in 2001 after an 11-year career. He co-hosts a local radio sports talk show.

Grunhard's attorney, Steve Sakoulas, could not be reached Wednesday for comment.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/10371798.htm

Ultra Peanut
12-09-2004, 11:47 AM
Douchebag.

Bwana
12-09-2004, 11:48 AM
What Psicosis said.

tomahawk kid
12-09-2004, 11:48 AM
:LOL:

Dartgod
12-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Haha...

sevenand7kc
12-09-2004, 11:51 AM
Hope he holds on tight to the soap!!! :p

Ultra Peanut
12-09-2004, 11:51 AM
Yeah, sounds like it. A whole two days in the can. Boy, that's rough.Oh yeah.

Hammock Parties
12-09-2004, 11:52 AM
Hope he holds on tight to the soap!!! :p

Grunhard would not be anyone's bitch.

Mr. Kotter
12-09-2004, 11:55 AM
He deserves at least a couple of months....and that's just for being a moron.

Eleazar
12-09-2004, 11:57 AM
Good to see that felony charges net you two nights in the pokey these days. Way to enforce the law, Johnson County.

alpha_omega
12-09-2004, 11:58 AM
Two days in county is nothing! He got off way too easy!

Iowanian
12-09-2004, 11:59 AM
It always saddens me when someone I respected so much as a player, is such a turd off the field.

Calcountry
12-09-2004, 12:23 PM
Saw this on the news this morning

Ex-Chiefs player serving two days in jail

Former Kansas City Chiefs player Tim Grunhard is serving two days in the Johnson County jail as part of a program to avoid prosecution on a felony perjury charge.

Grunhard was charged earlier this year with lying to get out of jury duty. He allegedly said he no longer was a resident of Johnson County but instead lived in Warsaw, Mo. Based on his statements, he was excused from jury duty in Johnson County District Court.

But prosecutors maintained that his primary residence was in Mission Hills.

This week, Grunhard and prosecutors reached a deal that would place the former center on diversion. If he completes the 12-month program, the perjury charge will not appear on his record.

Lying under oath is an offense that authorities take seriously, said Johnson County District Attorney Paul Morrison.

Records showed that Grunhard was booked into the jail at 9:17 a.m. Tuesday and was to be held for 48 hours, which Morrison said was typical “shock time” in such cases.

Grunhard, 36, retired from the Chiefs in 2001 after an 11-year career. He co-hosts a local radio sports talk show.

Grunhard's attorney, Steve Sakoulas, could not be reached Wednesday for comment.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/10371798.htm
Too bad he wasn't lying about sex, then it wouldn't have been perjury.
Especially if the sex wasn't sex, but rather a BJ in which he didn't make any contact with the felatrix other than her lips.

Wasn't Clinton great?

Eleazar
12-09-2004, 12:24 PM
Especially if the sex wasn't sex, but rather a BJ in which he didn't make any contact with the felatrix other than her lips.

Wasn't Clinton great?

Too bad there's a controlling legal authority here too. Grunny should have been drinking more iced tea.

Calcountry
12-09-2004, 12:50 PM
Too bad there's a controlling legal authority here too. Grunny should have been drinking more iced tea.
There is...

That depneds on what the meaning of IS is.

BigRedChief
12-09-2004, 01:25 PM
You want a easy way to get out of jury duty?

just tell them you would like to serve because you can spot a guilty person a mile away.

Calcountry
12-09-2004, 01:55 PM
You want a easy way to get out of jury duty?

just tell them you would like to serve because you can spot a guilty person a mile away.
Just make sure that you aren't perjuring yourself when you say that.

Contempt of court is a bitch.

chiefs4me
12-09-2004, 01:58 PM
ha ha,,,,that's what you get for lying,,,

Boyceofsummer
12-09-2004, 02:09 PM
except for Mr. Jobs, wealth and peace himself, Clinton.

Boyceofsummer
12-09-2004, 02:15 PM

Wasn't Clinton great?

check pg. 1.

Molitoth
12-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Ive never really listened to the Grunhard show because thats my busiest time at work. Why do most people here label him as an idiot douchebag?

ChiefsCountry
12-09-2004, 02:19 PM
That is what you get for sticking up for Grbac. :harumph:

Deberg_1990
12-09-2004, 02:21 PM
I thought Notre Dame grads never did things like this??? LOL

tomahawk kid
12-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Timmy was one of my all time favorite Chiefs as well.......until he retired and got himself on sports talk radio.

His latest run ins with the law is jusr proff postive to me that he's a moron.

It's too bad really.

Calcountry
12-09-2004, 03:22 PM
check pg. 1.
You just made my growing list of Iggys.

Calcountry
12-09-2004, 03:23 PM
I thought Notre Dame grads never did things like this??? LOL
Thats what I thought. :shrug: