PDA

View Full Version : I hope someone cut and pasted Dufus Rawes last gem...cuz it's gone.

memyselfI
12-09-2004, 02:46 PM
It's been removed from the Chiefs website.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

I guess Carl did the math and realized that pizzing off even 20k sports talk fans who are season ticket owners might not be a good idea. ROFL

|Zach|
12-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Thats funny

Logical
12-09-2004, 02:50 PM
How will Titus explain this, inquiring minds want to know?

David.
12-09-2004, 02:51 PM
I never got to read it, what did he say?

BigRedChief
12-09-2004, 02:59 PM

He will come back with some intellectual :lame: apologist argument that the front office and King Carl had nothing to do with it in the first place.

KCTitus
12-09-2004, 03:01 PM

I wasnt involved in the conversation or discussion regarding the deletion of the piece, so I have no idea what happened.

Im sorry they took it down, it made for great discussion.

KCTitus
12-09-2004, 03:02 PM
He will come back with some intellectual :lame: apologist argument that the front office and King Carl had nothing to do with it in the first place.

bramble eep gnixly romble snippet.

BigRedChief
12-09-2004, 03:03 PM

Now thats a comment I can understand. :clap:

memyselfI
12-09-2004, 03:04 PM

You know there are at least 4 threads about it but I don't think any of them cut and pasted the actual article. I know I didn't....or at least I don't think I did. :banghead:

TheNextStep
12-09-2004, 03:05 PM
So you're the f***er that keeps sending out all those gibberish f***ing SPAM emails...

Mr. Laz
12-09-2004, 03:05 PM

most sensible titus post i have ever seen

:clap: :clap:

HC_Chief
12-09-2004, 03:07 PM

It was a knock on Keitzman and Fatlock, but he crossed the line in it... also berating those fans who listen to their shows. Basically he said "sports radio sucks and you're an inarticulate idiot if you listen to it".

Logical
12-09-2004, 03:10 PM
I wasnt involved in the conversation or discussion regarding the deletion of the piece, so I have no idea what happened.

Im sorry they took it down, it made for great discussion.

You know I missed the whole Franklin Roosevelt discussion on Pearl Harbor with his White House advisers, so I have no idea what happened.

TheNextStep
12-09-2004, 03:11 PM
It was a knock on Keitzman and Fatlock, but he crossed the line in it... also berating those fans who listen to their shows. Basically he said "sports radio sucks and you're an inarticulate idiot if you listen to it".

You left out the part where he said, "And your name is probably something stupid, like 'David' or something."

KCTitus
12-09-2004, 03:12 PM
You know I missed the whole Franklin Roosevelt discussion on Pearl Harbor with his White House advisers, so I have no idea what happened.

Oh, you wanted me to say that the column was no longer there? I thought you wanted an 'explanation'.

Sorry, Jim...let me try again.

The column is no longer on the web site.

KCTitus
12-09-2004, 03:13 PM
most sensible titus post i have ever seen

Says another 'master' of the english language.

Coogs
12-09-2004, 03:14 PM
http://forums.prospero.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=kr-kcsports&msg=41095.1&ctx=128

Try this link and read post number 5.

WARNING! This is the KC Star BB, for those of you offended by that site.

Logical
12-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Oh, you wanted me to say that the column was no longer there? I thought you wanted an 'explanation'.

Sorry, Jim...let me try again.

The column is no longer on the web site.

I am sure since you were not there you have no clue as to why it is gone.ROFL

stevieray
12-09-2004, 03:15 PM
Take your unhappy ass to Chokeland. Nobody here gives a shit about your opinion of the Chiefs.

KCTitus
12-09-2004, 03:16 PM
I am sure since you were not there you have no clue as to why it is gone.ROFL

Probably because it pissed off the right people would be my guess, what do you think happened, Jim?

memyselfI
12-09-2004, 03:17 PM
http://forums.prospero.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=kr-kcsports&msg=41095.1&ctx=128

Thanks but that is only part of it. But here it is for David.

"Sports Talk Caller is ruled by his appetites and inclinations, among them ball – any kind of ball – and the notoriety he believes comes from being heard on the radio. Sports Talk Caller has such a flimsy sense of self that he derives his identity from listening to or being heard on a radio station.

He is capable of detached malevolent humor at the expense of others; indeed, he often relishes these experiences with his buddies. He is typically inarticulate, responding to the talk show host’s most outrageous and antagonistic comments. For his part, the host, who enjoys hanging with Sports Talk Caller and who covets his approbation, seldom talks about issues preferring to stay right on the surface. When he does raise questions he does so most of the time without answering them himself. He more often hollers about what is wrong without suggesting a course of action short of firing someone. In short, he is the ultimate backseat driver who doesn’t have anything to say except that the current driver isn’t good enough.

More often, his talk centers around his obsessions. Irrational obsession is a dominant theme of one Kansas City sports talk show. The show is consumed by a series of unrelated obsessions: the host’s drive to develop a love life, his need to drop names, his dislike or disrespect for one public figure or another, his need for public recognition. Tune in elsewhere and hear another host’s self-absorbed ranting about his favorite college, about conspiracies involving nearly every sports entity, about how he knows things that no one else knows, and so on. Their silly on and off the air arguments about one another resemble two bald men fighting over a comb."

Rausch
12-09-2004, 03:18 PM

Honestly, I have to agree.

Most of the callers on sports talk shows don't seem to know much about the chiefs other than if they won/lost this week and who made THE biggest gaffe...

David.
12-09-2004, 03:20 PM
I'm not a big sports talk show listener. But, yeah I could see how that would piss people off.

HC_Chief
12-09-2004, 03:20 PM
who made THE biggest gaffe...

With the way they've been playing this year, can you honestly say you're surpirsed by that? ;)

Mr. Laz
12-09-2004, 03:22 PM
Honestly, I have to agree.

Most of the callers on sports talk shows don't seem to know much about the chiefs other than if they won/lost this week and who made THE biggest gaffe...
and this doesn't surprise me in the least

several people on this board share Rufus/Bob/Carl's disdain for their fellow chiefs fans.

Rausch
12-09-2004, 03:22 PM
With the way they've been playing this year, can you honestly say you're surpirsed by that? ;)

No, it just sucks that a lot of Mid-mo fans are crybaby front-runners...

Rausch
12-09-2004, 03:23 PM
and this doesn't surprise me in the least

several people on this board share Rufus/Bob/Carl's disdain for their fellow chiefs fans.

Not for fellow fans, just the crybabies...

KCTitus
12-09-2004, 03:25 PM

Yep...

Logical
12-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Probably because it pissed off the right people would be my guess, what do you think happened, Jim?

I think you have it, they pressured the front office because this was a horrible PR move. Voila it is gone.

Skip Towne
12-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Hahahahaha!! Good one.

BigRedChief
12-09-2004, 03:30 PM
the whole article courtsey of Mighty Mike:

DAWES: "SPORTS TALK CALLER"
Dec 07, 2004, 3:12:31 AM by Media Watch by Rufus Dawes
“For people who like this sort of thing, this is just the sort of thing they like.“
- Liz Braun, movie critic

Movie critic Roger Ebert, in a review a couple of years ago of the dreadful movie, Just Married, referred to one of the protagonists – the husband – as “an example of the emerging subspecies Sports Bar Man.” Ebert’s Sports Bar Man has a direct link to Sports Talk Caller. In truth, he is one in the same.

A normal human being, wrote the British novelist and essayist George Orwell, is a mix of the noble and the ignoble, “of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.” Sports Bar Man, or Sports Talk Caller, is what Orwell referred to as the Sancho Panza type, who, he writes, covets “soft beds, no work, pots of beer, and women with ‘voluptuous’ figures.” If Mr. Orwell were with us today he would no doubt see the similarities.
Now, this is not to say that every single person who has ever listened to or hosted sports talk radio, or talk radio of any kind, is a complete idiot. Some of sports talk radio can be entertaining to a wide range of listeners, but know who the projected audience is for such programming.

Sports Talk Caller is ruled by his appetites and inclinations, among them ball – any kind of ball – and the notoriety he believes comes from being heard on the radio. Sports Talk Caller has such a flimsy sense of self that he derives his identity from listening to or being heard on a radio station.

He is capable of detached malevolent humor at the expense of others; indeed, he often relishes these experiences with his buddies. He is typically inarticulate, responding to the talk show host’s most outrageous and antagonistic comments. For his part, the host, who enjoys hanging with Sports Talk Caller and who covets his approbation, seldom talks about issues preferring to stay right on the surface. When he does raise questions he does so most of the time without answering them himself. He more often hollers about what is wrong without suggesting a course of action short of firing someone. In short, he is the ultimate backseat driver who doesn’t have anything to say except that the current driver isn’t good enough.

More often, his talk centers around his obsessions. Irrational obsession is a dominant theme of one Kansas City sports talk show. The show is consumed by a series of unrelated obsessions: the host’s drive to develop a love life, his need to drop names, his dislike or disrespect for one public figure or another, his need for public recognition. Tune in elsewhere and hear another host’s self-absorbed ranting about his favorite college, about conspiracies involving nearly every sports entity, about how he knows things that no one else knows, and so on. Their silly on and off the air arguments about one another resemble two bald men fighting over a comb.

Sport was once thought to bring out the best in people. Sports talk radio does just the opposite. It delights in negativity; it tears down sports institutions and sports people. And it does one more thing: it requires its primary listener, Sports Talk Caller, to pay attention to individuals whose lives are no more interesting than his own.
The opinions offered in this column do not necessarily reflect those of the Kansas City Chiefs.

KCTitus
12-09-2004, 03:32 PM
I think you have it, they pressured the front office because this was a horrible PR move. Voila it is gone.

Wonderful, I finally got something right...

Just so we can put this to bed, if I still think the article was right--and they should have left it up there, does that now mean that I support or dont support the front office?

Otter
12-09-2004, 03:33 PM

Beer Me and Go Chiefs?

Mr. Laz
12-09-2004, 03:33 PM
and then we get to the definition of "crybabies"

some people (i dont know about you) consider anyone that is disatisfied with the current job the chiefs are doing and are "disloyal" enough to voice their displeasure to be a crybaby.

this is pretty obviously rufus/bob/carl's position, what's yours?

KCTitus
12-09-2004, 03:34 PM
Beer Me and Go Chiefs?

LOL! Yeah, Im sure it was those two...

Bob Dole
12-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Bob Dole doesn't know how anyone can be upset that a column dealing with sports was replaced by a thoughtful article that encourages everyone to read.

Cretins.

KCTitus
12-09-2004, 03:45 PM
LOL...oh, the irony.

Logical
12-09-2004, 03:49 PM
Wonderful, I finally got something right...

Just so we can put this to bed, if I still think the article was right--and they should have left it up there, does that now mean that I support or dont support the front office?

I support your right to be an insensitive jerk. I also retain the right for the same perogative.

tk13
12-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Now if only they could remove Rufus Dawes himself from the website....

Rausch
12-09-2004, 04:34 PM
and then we get to the definition of "crybabies"

some people (i dont know about you) consider anyone that is disatisfied with the current job the chiefs are doing and are "disloyal" enough to voice their displeasure to be a crybaby.

this is pretty obviously rufus/bob/carl's position, what's yours?

Peple who do nothing but bitch.

I'm unhappy with the season. I lay partial blame for it on both DV and Peterson. It's obvious now that we did not give Gun the necessary talent on defense to have a balanced team.

Injuries were a part of that, so we'll never know what 16 weeks of a healthy D would look like. All the same, the GM and HC are responsible for the final product.

That said, I'm not going to waste every post stating the obvious, being negative, or assuming it's all one person's fault. It's a team, and this year, the team failed.

Rausch
12-09-2004, 04:35 PM
I support your right to be an insensitive jerk. I also retain the right for the same perogative.

I might have to make that my sig...yep.....definitely my new sig....

BigRedChief
12-09-2004, 04:40 PM
I might have to make that my sig...yep.....definitely my new sig....

Too late its mine leave it alone. :p

Mr. Laz
12-09-2004, 04:46 PM
Peple who do nothing but bitch.

I'm unhappy with the season. I lay partial blame for it on both DV and Peterson. It's obvious now that we did not give Gun the necessary talent on defense to have a balanced team.

Injuries were a part of that, so we'll never know what 16 weeks of a healthy D would look like. All the same, the GM and HC are responsible for the final product.

That said, I'm not going to waste every post stating the obvious, being negative, or assuming it's all one person's fault. It's a team, and this year, the team failed.
ok... no problem

but you do realize that your statement "i lay partial blame for on both DV and peterson" is enough to prolly earn you the wrath of rufus dawes.

i dont believe he made any reference to "quantity"

Rausch
12-09-2004, 04:50 PM
ok... no problem

but you do realize that your statement "i lay partial blame for on both DV and peterson" is enough to prolly earn you the wrath of rufus dawes.

I don't see how. I'm not the irrational football numb-nut he refers to. I don't call up a radio station and blather on and on about how I could have done a better job, or how if they'd have done what I wanted we'd be super bowl bound.

Just because someone else does a poor job does not mean that I can automatically do it better. And many, when they voice their opinions, come off like that's what they're saying...

|Zach|
12-09-2004, 04:50 PM
I don't see how. I'm not the irrational football numb-nut he refers to. I don't call up a radio station and blather on and on about how I could have done a better job, or how if they'd have done what I wanted we'd be super bowl bound.

Just because someone else does a poor job does not mean that I can automatically do it better. And many, when they voice their opinions, come off like that's what they're saying...
Thank you. Um add that to my most recent post on this thread.