PDA

View Full Version : Priest Q&A

Wile_E_Coyote
12-10-2004, 03:15 PM
Q&A RB Priest Holmes

Dec 10, 2004, 2:55:29 PM

Q: Who made the decision to put you on the Injured Reserve list?

HOLMES: “It was a collective decision between the Chiefs, myself and the doctors knowing that we didn’t have enough time left in this season for me to get healthy enough to be able to play. The main thing was to be able to play without a brace. For any hopes of coming back this season, it (the knee) would have had to be braced up and that also would be a situation that would put me at risk.”

Q: Was your injury worse than you originally thought and will you need postseason surgery?

HOLMES: “There’s no surgery required for an MCL. Is it worse? I don’t think it’s worse, it’s just taken a lot longer for the MCL to heal up. For the most part I’ve always been able to determine how long I would be out. This is a situation where it just takes a little longer.”

Q: At what point did you realize that the season was over for you?

HOLMES: “It wasn’t necessarily a point in time that I could actually pinpoint. Each week we were going with the hopes of being able to come back this season. Right now we do know that it’s going to take a little bit longer in order for me to heal up, and that time is going to be after January.”

Q: Do you have any feeling about playing long term given the fact you suffered season-ending injuries in 2002 and 2004?

HOLMES: “It’s a state of mind about how soon or how quickly you’ll be able to return or how many injuries I’ve had. I think as far as being a football player, injuries have always been a part of this game and it’s not going to change. It’s not going to change today or tomorrow. In terms of next year I’m excited because of the fact that it gives me an opportunity to heal up and start preparing for the 2005 season. There are a lot of things we need to do. We left a lot of things on the table this year. We’re still playing, we’re still in it in terms of winning some games and making sure we end the season the right way. But the 2005 season is going to be exciting because we know that there’s a valuable lesson that we learned this year and that is that when you start having guys that go down it makes it really difficult to win ball games.”

Q: Will you play in 2005?

HOLMES: “I can tell you one thing. This 2004 season I spoke my mind. I think it would have been unfair for me to go into the season with intentions, early on, about retirement this past year and not let everyone know. It wasn’t something that needed to be kept behind closed doors. It was something that needed to be said publicly. Now whether or not that makes me look as if I’m not ready to play or wanting to play, that’s never been the case. This particular season that we’re getting ready to approach, I’m definitely 100 percent preparing to play.”

Q: Did sitting out and not being able to play remind you how important football is to you?

HOLMES: “The football has never left me. It never will and I don’t think there’s anyway that it could. It’s a gift and something that I can’t even control. I’d have to say that it’s not necessarily something you have to train for or a number of things, it’s just a God-given talent. I’m able to weather the storm despite whatever is in front of me. Right now there is an injury, but it wasn’t the injury that made me think that football is important. Football has always been important. The injury just gave me an opportunity to rest up and to get the body 100 percent. I think that the year before I played with the hip and this particular season I was fighting off the injuries after each game. I think when you become a marked person in the league – and I’m not going to say it’s unfair, because anything that happens inside the white lines is fair – the same way I believe people have attempted to remove me from the game is the same way I would encourage our own defense to make sure we can remove anybody else that we can. It’s all fair inside the white lines. I’m really excited about this year that’s getting ready to come up. But we still have four more games to go and there’s still some work to be done here.”

Q: Will you be doing your rehab in Kansas City?

HOLMES: “All of my rehab will be done here for the remainder of this season. Then in the off-season I will travel between here and San Antonio. But most of my rehab, if not all, will be done here with (assistant trainer) Keith Abrams.”

Q: Did the Chiefs 4-8 record have anything to do with you ending your season?

HOLMES: “That’s been the question. People have said, ‘if you were on a playoff run would they have kept you on?’ That’s not a decision I could make right now because I know what’s in front of us and that is that our season looks like it’s going to end on January 2. So therefore for me to come back and attempt, not knowing what physical shape I would be in, to play that game may not be the best thing in terms of next year, and in terms of us becoming that team that we once were when we were 13-3.”

Q: Is this injury at all related to the last one that you had to this knee?

HOLMES: “I’d have to say no. That injury was in ‘99 when I was in Baltimore. In terms of just being a running back a lot of people have said, ‘How is it that you could come back from a hip, but it’s taking you so long to come back from an MCL which typically you find guys coming back anywhere between four to six weeks?’ For a running back it’s a whole different animal, I think. The hip is one thing that you can hide while you’re running. There’s ways to protect yourself, but with a knee injury it’s a little bit different as a running back, I think.”

Q: Is the human knee made to play football?

HOLMES: “Last year I think we had a number of hamstrings and this year it’s been the knee injuries. A number of top guys have gone out like Shawn Barber and (Mike) Maslowski and it’s also the same thing where these situations that you find yourself in circumstances in a game where you’re not prepared to deal with what happens once you get that knee injury. But I can tell you one thing, the human body does heal back.”

Q: Is the frustrating or disappointment with this injury any different then your other injuries?

HOLMES: “I wouldn’t necessarily say that everything that happened this year was for the worse. I think there are a number of positive things that you can look at with my injury. They’re all spin-offs to it. With the fact of me getting injured it gives us an opportunity to free up cap room. That’s a positive. With that cap room it’s going to make our 2005 season that much more challenging in terms of who all we intend to bring in. I don’t know if we will bring in anybody, but I know there’s a number of guys here who have been working their butts in terms of make sure that they’re secured. It just allows us that cap room to make sure that we can get the people here that can make this team much stronger.”

Q: Are you afraid people will one day look back on your career and think you had all these great seasons without winning a championship in Kansas City?

HOLMES: “I think that the reason that you play is to win a championship. But you can never look back and say that we wasted a particular year or a particular individual. You can just look at each year and take it for what it’s worth. Everybody’s out here trying very hard to make sure that we can win ball games. It means a lot, not only to ourselves and our families, but to all of our fans here. It is disappointing because you don’t want to waste years and take four or five years for that opportunity to come. I think we’re going to do everything we can this particular off-season. I’m looking ahead because that’s the situation that I’m in right now. But we do have four more games. But the 2005 season is going to be a really good season.”

Rain Man
12-10-2004, 03:18 PM
In terms of next year I’m excited because of the fact that it gives me an opportunity to heal up and start preparing for the 2005 season.

Yaaaaay!

Baby Lee
12-10-2004, 03:20 PM
the same way I believe people have attempted to remove me from the game is the same way I would encourage our own defense to make sure we can remove anybody else that we can. It’s all fair inside the white lines.
Kick ass!! Would that the D were capable of complying.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Priest is The Man

"I wouldn’t necessarily say that everything that happened this year was for the worse. I think there are a number of positive things that you can look at with my injury. They’re all spin-offs to it. With the fact of me getting injured it gives us an opportunity to free up cap room. That’s a positive. With that cap room it’s going to make our 2005 season that much more challenging in terms of who all we intend to bring in. I don’t know if we will bring in anybody, but I know there’s a number of guys here who have been working their butts in terms of make sure that they’re secured. It just allows us that cap room to make sure that we can get the people here that can make this team much stronger.”

go bo
12-10-2004, 03:25 PM
Q&A RB Priest Holmes

Dec 10, 2004, 2:55:29 PM

. . .

Q: Will you play in 2005?

HOLMES: “I can tell you one thing. This 2004 season I spoke my mind. I think it would have been unfair for me to go into the season with intentions, early on, about retirement this past year and not let everyone know. It wasn’t something that needed to be kept behind closed doors. It was something that needed to be said publicly. Now whether or not that makes me look as if I’m not ready to play or wanting to play, that’s never been the case. This particular season that we’re getting ready to approach, I’m definitely 100 percent preparing to play.”

well, that's some good news, at least... :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

Raiderhater
12-10-2004, 03:28 PM
Aside from his decleration that he is going to be back next year, which I fully expected, this was the thing that I found most interesting -

HOLMES: “The football has never left me. It never will and I don’t think there’s anyway that it could. It’s a gift and something that I can’t even control. I’d have to say that it’s not necessarily something you have to train for or a number of things, it’s just a God-given talent. I’m able to weather the storm despite whatever is in front of me. Right now there is an injury, but it wasn’t the injury that made me think that football is important. Football has always been important. The injury just gave me an opportunity to rest up and to get the body 100 percent. I think that the year before I played with the hip and this particular season I was fighting off the injuries after each game. I think when you become a marked person in the league – and I’m not going to say it’s unfair, because anything that happens inside the white lines is fair – the same way I believe people have attempted to remove me from the game is the same way I would encourage our own defense to make sure we can remove anybody else that we can. It’s all fair inside the white lines. I’m really excited about this year that’s getting ready to come up. But we still have four more games to go and there’s still some work to be done here.”

Baby Lee
12-10-2004, 03:30 PM
Aside from his decleration that he is going to be back next year, which I fully expected, this was the thing that I found most interesting -
What a stupid observation, hader. :p

ROYC75
This particular season that we’re getting ready to approach, I’m definitely 100 percent preparing to play.”

PBJ

KCTitus
HOLMES: “I think that the reason that you play is to win a championship. But you can never look back and say that we wasted a particular year or a particular individual. You can just look at each year and take it for what it’s worth.

Absolutely sig worthy!

DeepSouth
12-10-2004, 03:31 PM
" With the fact of me getting injured it gives us an opportunity to free up cap room. That’s a positive. With that cap room it’s going to make our 2005 season that much more challenging in terms of who all we intend to bring in."

How does him being put on IR free up cap room for 2005?

Baby Lee
12-10-2004, 03:32 PM
" With the fact of me getting injured it gives us an opportunity to free up cap room. That’s a positive. With that cap room it’s going to make our 2005 season that much more challenging in terms of who all we intend to bring in."

How does him being put on IR free up cap room for 2005?
I'm assuming he missed some incentives.

ROYC75
12-10-2004, 03:33 PM
And to think Taco said he would retire , again !

Kylo Ren
12-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Sometime Priest just rambles on and doesn't really say anything that makes sense. I remember back in '01 when he was really quiet and never talked to the media. I think I like those days.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-10-2004, 03:49 PM
Whitlock earlier in the week: "Trust me, Priest will demand more money. The Chiefs are kissing his ass, "Priest we will do anything just don't ask for more money". .."

beer bacon
12-10-2004, 03:53 PM
Sometime Priest just rambles on and doesn't really say anything that makes sense. I remember back in '01 when he was really quiet and never talked to the media. I think I like those days.

And this is not one of those times. He seems like he is making sense to me. On the other hand, this is one of the many times when you are wrong.

beavis
12-10-2004, 03:57 PM
Whitlock earlier in the week: "Trust me, Priest will demand more money. The Chiefs are kissing his ass, "Priest we will do anything just don't ask for more money". .."
He doesn't have much leverage to ask for more money, being that he's going to miss half the season.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-10-2004, 04:00 PM
He doesn't have much leverage to ask for more money, being that he's going to miss half the season.

Whitlock, KK, Harry, it's all the same: fear=a returning customer

Logical
12-10-2004, 05:26 PM
HOLMES: “It’s a state of mind about how soon or how quickly you’ll be able to return or how many injuries I’ve had. I think as far as being a football player, injuries have always been a part of this game and it’s not going to change. It’s not going to change today or tomorrow. In terms of next year I’m excited because of the fact that it gives me an opportunity to heal up and start preparing for the 2005 season. There are a lot of things we need to do. We left a lot of things on the table this year. We’re still playing, we’re still in it in terms of winning some games and making sure we end the season the right way. But the 2005 season is going to be exciting because we know that there’s a valuable lesson that we learned this year and that is that when you start having guys that go down it makes it really difficult to win ball games.”

In general that interview had a lot of positive news. However, I hate the statement in bold. It tells me the mindset of the problem "is just injuries" is setting in and we may do little to nothing again.

A recipe for another disaster.

Alphaman
12-10-2004, 06:45 PM
In general that interview had a lot of positive news. However, I hate the statement in bold. It tells me the mindset of the problem "is just injuries" is setting in and we may do little to nothing again.

A recipe for another disaster.

In isolation, I would agree that sentiment is concerning. However, if you read Gretz's article where they've already begun evaluating players, I really don't think the Chiefs will stand pat again. Will we get the major number of changes that many (or at least me) want.

Red Dawg
12-10-2004, 07:54 PM
Very good news from Holmes. I like seeing what LJ and Blaylock have but I miss watching Priest. He's got that electric burst that makes him exciting and hard to stop.

Logical
12-10-2004, 08:40 PM
Very good news from Holmes. I like seeing what LJ and Blaylock have but I miss watching Priest. He's got that electric burst that makes him exciting and hard to stop.
Amen, sing it brother.

Sure-Oz
12-10-2004, 08:57 PM
Priest just flows when he carries the ball like a river ror something, it just looks so damn natural when he is running. I can't wait to see him back at 100% next year.

Hammock Parties
12-10-2004, 09:01 PM
Priest is slightly overrated.

LJ and Blaylock both did things the last few weeks that Priest is incapable of doing...mainly long runs, flashing great speed.

tk13
12-10-2004, 09:03 PM

LJ and Blaylock both did things the last few weeks that Priest is incapable of doing...mainly long runs, flashing great speed.
Priest is far more likely to sling his body around to guarantee he gets into the endzone though...

Sure-Oz
12-10-2004, 09:03 PM
His TD ability is sorely missed and can't be matched by blaylock or LJ.

|Zach|
12-10-2004, 09:04 PM

I actully think our offense is better outside of the redzone with LJ and Blaylock in. But once we get inside the 20 we need Holmes. You could really see this is NO.

Although I must say...it may have been the play but LJ looked very Holmesish on his rushing TD. Outside sweep...he was patient...let the play and the blocking develop in front of him and made it happen...

Hammock Parties
12-10-2004, 09:04 PM
Priest is far more likely to sling his body around to guarantee he gets into the endzone though...

Yep. I do agree he kicks both of their asses down near the goalline. Although I couldn't tell the difference between Priest and LJ on LJ's short TD run last week.

Priest is also better than either of them at turning nothing into something...

The best thing about all of this...next year Priest will be spelled by whomever the Chiefs keep on their roster. He won't be asked to do nearly as much.

Of course I'm betting the Chiefs resign Blaylock and trade LJ. Personally, I like LJ better.

|Zach|
12-10-2004, 09:07 PM
Priest is also better than either of them at turning nothing into something...
I agree with this in the fact that Holmes has a thing for making huge gains out of nothing i.e. that Trent dump pass this year...I cant remember which game.

But...Priest gets stuffed alot. No doubt it is because of how many carries he gets but he still gets stopped up at the line or behind it quite a bit. The thing I like about LJ is he does not get stuffed as much. If something breaks down he is pretty good at finding 1, 2, or 3 yards out of a negative play or one that would usually end at the line of scrimmage.

stevieray
12-10-2004, 09:12 PM

Priest is overrated. That's why he leads the league in TD's after missing four games.

Hammock Parties
12-10-2004, 09:14 PM
Priest is overrated. That's why he leads the league in TD's after missing four games.

I said SLIGHTLY overrated.

He's clearly not the same back he once was.

Deberg_1990
12-10-2004, 09:15 PM
Yep. I do agree he kicks both of their asses down near the goalline.

Well to be honest, Priest kicks the butt of about 99% of the rest of the NFL backs in this category. We fans have been spoiled by his ungodly production in the red zone these past few years. Whoever has to follow Priest on this team will be unfairly critisized and scrutinized. It wouldnt be right to compare anyone to Priest because hes set the bar so high. Its like trying to follow Elway in Denver, Montana in Frisco, or Payton in Chicago. Everyone else is going to pale in comparison.

stevieray
12-10-2004, 09:15 PM
I said SLIGHTLY overrated.

He's clearly not the same back he once was.

:rolleyes:

Hammock Parties
12-10-2004, 09:17 PM

Go watch a tape from 2002. Priest can't break long runs like he used to.

He's still damn good.

shaneo69
12-10-2004, 09:18 PM
Quote from Priest: “I think that the reason that you play is to win a championship. But you can never look back and say that we wasted a particular year or a particular individual. You can just look at each year and take it for what it’s worth.
Absolutely sig worthy!

WTF is sig worthy about that shit? Yeah, Priest can take it for what it's worth, because he pocketed a ton of cash. People who watch the games on TV can take it for what it's worth, because they have nothing invested except their time. OTOH, most season ticket holders don't think a 4-8 season is worth the money they spent on tickets and parking. So sorry, Priest, I can't accept the shitty season that I'm watching for what it's worth. Because it ain't worth the money I invested. I'm not going to cancel my season tickets just because your jackass teammates fugged this season up, so instead I'm going to bitch about your bosses to anyone who cares to read this forum.

stevieray
12-10-2004, 09:19 PM
Go watch a tape from 2002. Priest can't break long runs like he used to.

He's still damn good.

Hammock Parties
12-10-2004, 09:20 PM

You're such a homer. ROFL

|Zach|
12-10-2004, 09:20 PM
WTF is sig worthy about that shit? Yeah, Priest can take it for what it's worth, because he pocketed a ton of cash. People who watch the games on TV can take it for what it's worth, because they have nothing invested except their time. OTOH, most season ticket holders don't think a 4-8 season is worth the money they spent on tickets and parking. So sorry, Priest, I can't accept the shitty season that I'm watching for what it's worth. Because it ain't worth the money I invested. I'm not going to cancel my season tickets just because your jackass teammates fugged this season up, so instead I'm going to bitch about your bosses to anyone who cares to read this forum.
So basically you are doing as much to change something you see as so wrong as KcTitus is. Which is nothing.

Deberg_1990
12-10-2004, 09:21 PM
Quote from Priest: “I think that the reason that you play is to win a championship. But you can never look back and say that we wasted a particular year or a particular individual. You can just look at each year and take it for what it’s worth.

IM with you here. IM somewhat offended by that statement. IM not going to try and read to much in to it though. One thing most of us forget as well. Priest already has a Super Bowl ring from 2000. I wonder how much "real" motivation he has left??

Hammock Parties
12-10-2004, 09:22 PM
So basically you are doing as much to change something you see as so wrong as KcTitus is. Which is nothing.

Truthfully, none of us can really do anything.

|Zach|
12-10-2004, 09:23 PM
Truthfully, none of us can really do anything.
I think not spending money on the Chiefs is a big deal....esp if you are a season ticket holder...one person wont make that much change but it is actully doing something if you feel so strongly.

I can only assume someone who goes on and on about how shitty the front office is or this and that but actully does nothing just loves to bitch.

stevieray
12-10-2004, 09:25 PM
You're such a homer. ROFL

And you try too hard.

Deberg_1990
12-10-2004, 09:27 PM
I think not spending money on the Chiefs is a big deal....esp if you are a season ticket holder...one person wont make that much change but it is actully doing something if you feel so strongly.

I can only assume someone who goes on and on about how shitty the front office is or this and that but actully does nothing just loves to bitch.

The truth is the Chiefs did spend money in the offseason. Hindsite is always 20/20 but they made the critical error of resigning their own free-agents. Such gems as Hicks/Woods/Bartee

|Zach|
12-10-2004, 09:28 PM
The truth is the Chiefs did spend money in the offseason. Hindsite is always 20/20 but they made the critical error of resigning their own free-agents. Such gems as Hicks/Woods/Bartee
I don't disagree with that...

tk13
12-10-2004, 09:29 PM
Yeah Priest is making money, but to be fair he is investing his health now and a future of being healthy just to entertain us all. He could very well be in a lot of pain for a long time... and while fans continue to follow and spend money on the team 15 years from now, Priest might be a 45 year old guy with a bum hip that is a hassle to get out of bed with every morning because he stayed an extra 2 or 3 years to make the product the fans spend money on better. I think he has the right to place some value on what each season means. That's not to devalue the investment so many fans here make, but I personally would put my own health above money, but that's simply my opinion, I don't expect anyone to share it.

Hammock Parties
12-10-2004, 09:30 PM
And you try too hard.

Try too hard at what?

Hammock Parties
12-10-2004, 09:32 PM
Yeah Priest is making money, but to be fair he is investing his health now and a future of being healthy just to entertain us all. He could very well be in a lot of pain for a long time... and while fans continue to follow and spend money on the team 15 years from now, Priest might be a 45 year old guy with a bum hip that is a hassle to get out of bed with every morning. That's not to devalue the investment so many fans here make, but I personally would put my own health above money, but that's simply my opinion, I don't expect anyone to share it.

If Priest felt like his hip was going to be a problem down the road, he should have retired immediately after it. Not come back for one year and give us all false hope.

Thankfully that's not going to be the case.

shaneo69
12-10-2004, 09:38 PM
I don't disagree with that...

Hey careful. That's pretty close to sounding disgruntled.

shaneo69
12-10-2004, 09:39 PM

No, KCTitus doesn't see anything wrong with being 4-8, because he's watching from afar and taking this season for what it's worth.

|Zach|
12-10-2004, 09:41 PM
No, KCTitus doesn't see anything wrong with being 4-8, because he's watching from afar and taking this season for what it's worth.
I don't have any problem with someone disagreeing with any or all of what has gone on this season. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Its all good...

I just find it funny when the people make thread after thread after thread complaining but dont DO anything. It just makes me think you guys love to bitch in general. I mean its true. You have done as much as Titus to go against what you see as so wrong.

Raiderhater
12-10-2004, 09:43 PM
What a stupid observation, hader. :p

LOL!

shaneo69
12-10-2004, 10:03 PM
I don't have any problem with someone disagreeing with any or all of what has gone on this season. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Its all good...

I just find it funny when the people make thread after thread after thread complaining but dont DO anything. It just makes me think you guys love to bitch in general. I mean its true. You have done as much as Titus to go against what you see as so wrong.

I think I love to bitch because it annoys me when some Chiefs "fans" act like it's no big deal when the team is 4-8. So if I can annoy those people with my bitching, then it's all good.

|Zach|
12-10-2004, 10:04 PM
I think I love to bitch because it annoys me when some Chiefs "fans" act like it's no big deal when the team is 4-8. So if I can annoy those people with my bitching, then it's all good.
Well its your right...enjoy it...

I am off. Have a good night folks!

philfree
12-10-2004, 11:34 PM

Perhaps Titus is just a level headed adult. I'm a season ticket holder and drive three hours to the game and three hours back for every home game on Sundays. I also pay to stay in a Hotel when the Chiefs have night games. Yes I'm disapointed in the way this season has played out but I'm an adult and understand that things don't always go the way I want and in the case of the Chiefs I try to look at the big picture instead of acting like a brat who didn't get what he wanted for Christmas. The Chiefs didn't do some things I thought they could have done in the offseason but I certainly won't hold a grudge against them for it. The plan they employed hasn't worked out and I'm pretty sure that they're not happy with the results. I believe next year they will try to fix it. As far as taking a season for what it's worth. What's any season worth?

PhilFree :arrow:

J Diddy
12-11-2004, 04:26 AM
Perhaps Titus is just a level headed adult. I'm a season ticket holder and drive three hours to the game and three hours back for every home game on Sundays. I also pay to stay in a Hotel when the Chiefs have night games. Yes I'm disapointed in the way this season has played out but I'm an adult and understand that things don't always go the way I want and in the case of the Chiefs I try to look at the big picture instead of acting like a brat who didn't get what he wanted for Christmas. The Chiefs didn't do some things I thought they could have done in the offseason but I certainly won't hold a grudge against them for it. The plan they employed hasn't worked out and I'm pretty sure that they're not happy with the results. I believe next year they will try to fix it. As far as taking a season for what it's worth. What's any season worth?

What's any season worth?

I dunno how much you pay to be a season ticket holder?

teedubya
12-11-2004, 04:46 AM
"Its all fair between the white lines."

the Talking Can
12-11-2004, 07:58 AM
I'm glad to hear he's coming back, it goes without saying that we need him....now we (they) can focus on the defense

BigRedChief
12-11-2004, 08:37 AM
What's any season worth?

Alphaman
12-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Of course I'm betting the Chiefs resign Blaylock and trade LJ. Personally, I like LJ better.

I think that has about a 5% chance of happening. With the needs on the defensive side of the ball and at WR, that's too much money to put into a backup RB. They'd take a cap and cash hit by resigning Blaylock and a cap hit by trading LJ.

I fully expect the Chiefs to let Blaylock walk and draft a RB to be 3rd on the roster.

Alphaman
12-11-2004, 01:41 PM
I agree with this in the fact that Holmes has a thing for making huge gains out of nothing i.e. that Trent dump pass this year...I cant remember which game.

But...Priest gets stuffed alot. No doubt it is because of how many carries he gets but he still gets stopped up at the line or behind it quite a bit. The thing I like about LJ is he does not get stuffed as much. If something breaks down he is pretty good at finding 1, 2, or 3 yards out of a negative play or one that would usually end at the line of scrimmage.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
:shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:

This kid has 1 game of 100+ yards and you are talking about how LJ is better than Priest? LJ got stuffed quite a bit early on. Priest only gets stuffed when someone completely misses a block. If there is a tiny crack, Priest will get 2 or 3 yards. How many time did LJ trip over a blade of grass? LJ has talent and potential, but please don't the best RB in Chiefs history.

|Zach|
12-11-2004, 01:48 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
:shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:

This kid has 1 game of 100+ yards and you are talking about how LJ is better than Priest? LJ got stuffed quite a bit early on. Priest only gets stuffed when someone completely misses a block. If there is a tiny crack, Priest will get 2 or 3 yards. How many time did LJ trip over a blade of grass? LJ has talent and potential, but please don't the best RB in Chiefs history.

No actully I am not. You are the one saying that in this post...

Where did I say he was better than Priest??

Alphaman
12-11-2004, 04:55 PM
No actully I am not. You are the one saying that in this post...

Where did I say he was better than Priest??

When you said this. If I'm reading it wrong, forgive me. But it sure sounds like you would prefer to play LJ over Priest. How do you read what you wrote:

philfree
12-11-2004, 05:19 PM
What's any season worth?

For me it can't be measured in dollars. Cost and worth aren't the same thing though.

Mojo Rising
12-11-2004, 06:13 PM
And to think Taco said he would retire , again !

Taco had the super secret Vegas insider tip that Gonzalez and Holmes were hurting in training camp and were likely to not start the opener.

As much as Taco cried about CP posters stating that TD was done he sure is consistent with his annual PH is done post. If he keeps posting them he will be right eventually. Then he will surely post how he correctly predicted it.

|Zach|
12-11-2004, 06:18 PM
When you said this. If I'm reading it wrong, forgive me. But it sure sounds like you would prefer to play LJ over Priest. How do you read what you wrote:

How does that make Holmes better than LJ that is just a small facet that I like about LJ compared to Priest...there are ALOT of things Holmes does better than LJ of course...you really took that small segment and ran with it...

Alphaman
12-11-2004, 10:30 PM
How does that make Holmes better than LJ that is just a small facet that I like about LJ compared to Priest...there are ALOT of things Holmes does better than LJ of course...you really took that small segment and ran with it...

OK I stand corrected. I read your quote incorrectly.