PDA

View Full Version : Plummer asked about booing fans, "I could give a rat's ass."

Michael Michigan
12-12-2004, 07:56 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/fantasy/football/news/2002/09/27/back_page/

It's like Deja vu all over again.

By the way, Plummer seemed to add insult to what Cardinals/Donkeys fans perceive as already obvious injury by telling reporters he couldn't give a "rat's ass" about the boos his play elicited last Sunday.

On Wednesday, "The Snake" altered his regular media schedule, meeting with reporters a day early to clarify his comments, which produced much criticism from newspaper columnists, talk show hosts and fans, many of whom called the team's Tempe headquarters to complain.

"When I said that I don't give a rat's ass about the fans booing me, I meant the boos, not the fans.

"What I meant was, the boos do not affect me as a professional."

Whatever. ...

The bottom line here says Plummer, in the final year of the four-year, $29.7 million contract extension he signed while leading Arizona to a playoff berth in 1998, hasn't even come close to getting the job done -- for the Cardinals, fans or Fantasy owners -- this season.

Rausch
12-12-2004, 07:58 PM
Plummer never has gotten it done, why would he start now?

Hammock Parties
12-12-2004, 08:00 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmm......a RAT'S ass? :hmmm:

BigRedChief
12-12-2004, 08:02 PM
To Denver fan nobody will ever fill ole horesefaces shoes. Crappy job.

Rausch
12-12-2004, 08:03 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmm......a RAT'S ass? :hmmm: ROFL

Wile_E_Coyote
12-12-2004, 08:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=241212007

DENVER (AP) -- Jake Plummer (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3895) went to the bench after a bad interception and flashed an obscene gesture toward a jeering fan in his home crowd. It was hardly what you'd expect from a winning quarterback, but this was hardly a feel-good win for the Denver Broncos * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons).

Backup tailback Tatum Bell (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6800) ran for 123 yards and Jason Elam (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=2495) kicked a 50-yard field goal with 2:50 left Sunday to help the Broncos * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) overcome Plummer's two interceptions and eke out a less-than-satisfying 20-17 victory over the woeful Miami Dolphins (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia).

"We fought," was about the best thing Denver coach Mike Shanahan could say about the win. "We just had to keep on fighting until you get it done, and that is what I was proud of."

Bell replaced fumble-prone Reuben Droughns (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5110) early in the game and ran for two scores, but in the third quarter, Bell left with a sprained shoulder that could end his season. That forced Droughns back into the backfield after he had fumbled twice -- losing one -- on his first four carries.

Despite the injuries, the fumbles and Plummer's mediocre performance, the Broncos * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) (8-5) snapped a two-game losing streak and kept pace with Baltimore for the AFC's final wild-card spot. They stayed two games behind San Diego in the AFC West.

"We definitely needed that game to get some confidence back, get some swagger back," Elam said. "It helps us feel good about ourselves."

Really?

Plummer's first interception was greeted by boos -- not the first time the embattled quarterback has heard them in his season-plus in Denver.

He responded by reaching his hand behind his head and making an obscene gesture to a fan after he sat down on the bench. The scene was caught by TV cameras.

"One guy got into my head a little bit, it shouldn't be that way," Plummer said. "I'm an emotional guy. I apologize. ... I would never direct that at our fans. We have the greatest fans in the league."

It was that kind of day for the Broncos * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons), who stayed in the playoff hunt but hardly looked like a team that can hand Shanahan his first playoff victory since the 1998 Super Bowl.

The lowly Dolphins (2-11) took this game to the wire, and didn't bow out until A.J. Feeley (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5603) threw incomplete to Derrius Thompson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4995) on fourth-and-3 with 1:59 left -- a play on which Broncos * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) corner Kelly Herndon appeared to be draped all over Thompson before the ball arrived.

"We should have had the catch," Miami coach Jim Bates said. "The guy was wrapped on his back. The ball was thrown right there."

Coming into the game, Denver got a good taste of the kind of turmoil Miami has battled all season. With inaccurate rumors swirling about a possible move to Notre Dame, Shanahan spent much of the week fielding questions about his future in Denver. The coach also was forced to defend Plummer against an unexpected attack from former Broncos * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) tight end Shannon Sharpe.

Sharpe said Plummer was a mediocre quarterback who wouldn't amount to much more, and on this day he was right. Plummer finished 16-of-30 for 219 yards and his two interceptions were both bad. The first -- the one that led to the obscene gesture -- went to Jay Williams, the fourth defensive lineman to intercept him this season.

The second went to Sammy Knight (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4106) on an ill-advised pass with the game tied at 17 and the Broncos * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) driving.

"That was a dumb throw at that point in the game," Plummer said. "It was a play I shouldn't have tried to make."

Denver held after the interception and Droughns ran 21 yards to set up Elam's winning field goal.

Droughns finished with 62 yards to surpass the 1,000-yard mark for the season, but he hardly looked like the confident back who took over when Quentin Griffin caught the fumbling bug earlier this season.

Now, it's Droughns who has the bug, and after the second of his two fumbles, Shanahan showed no inkling of wanting to put him back in. Bell's shoulder injury is serious -- a third-degree sprain -- and it should be interesting to gauge Droughns' confidence over the upcoming week.

"Obviously, it's going to be frustrating," fullback Kyle Johnson said. "But he battled back beautifully and finished up strong."

FloridaChief
12-12-2004, 08:12 PM

ROFL Rep.

ChiefsCountry
12-12-2004, 08:27 PM
Plummer wants to be a Raider doesn't he.

Sure-Oz
12-12-2004, 08:32 PM
Someone needs to throw the donkey barrell man at him so he can rush into the crowd and pull an artest.

Valiant
12-12-2004, 08:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=241212007

DENVER (AP) -- Jake Plummer (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3895) went to the bench after a bad interception and flashed an obscene gesture toward a jeering fan in his home crowd. It was hardly what you'd expect from a winning quarterback, but this was hardly a feel-good win for the Denver Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons).

Backup tailback Tatum Bell (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6800) ran for 123 yards and Jason Elam (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=2495) kicked a 50-yard field goal with 2:50 left Sunday to help the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) overcome Plummer's two interceptions and eke out a less-than-satisfying 20-17 victory over the woeful Miami Dolphins (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia).

"We fought," was about the best thing Denver coach Mike Shanahan could say about the win. "We just had to keep on fighting until you get it done, and that is what I was proud of."

Bell replaced fumble-prone Reuben Droughns (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5110) early in the game and ran for two scores, but in the third quarter, Bell left with a sprained shoulder that could end his season. That forced Droughns back into the backfield after he had fumbled twice -- losing one -- on his first four carries.

Despite the injuries, the fumbles and Plummer's mediocre performance, the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) (8-5) snapped a two-game losing streak and kept pace with Baltimore for the AFC's final wild-card spot. They stayed two games behind San Diego in the AFC West.

"We definitely needed that game to get some confidence back, get some swagger back," Elam said. "It helps us feel good about ourselves."

Really?

Plummer's first interception was greeted by boos -- not the first time the embattled quarterback has heard them in his season-plus in Denver.

He responded by reaching his hand behind his head and making an obscene gesture to a fan after he sat down on the bench. The scene was caught by TV cameras.

"One guy got into my head a little bit, it shouldn't be that way," Plummer said. "I'm an emotional guy. I apologize. ... I would never direct that at our fans. We have the greatest fans in the league."

It was that kind of day for the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons), who stayed in the playoff hunt but hardly looked like a team that can hand Shanahan his first playoff victory since the 1998 Super Bowl.

The lowly Dolphins (2-11) took this game to the wire, and didn't bow out until A.J. Feeley (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5603) threw incomplete to Derrius Thompson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4995) on fourth-and-3 with 1:59 left -- a play on which Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) corner Kelly Herndon appeared to be draped all over Thompson before the ball arrived.

"We should have had the catch," Miami coach Jim Bates said. "The guy was wrapped on his back. The ball was thrown right there."

Coming into the game, Denver got a good taste of the kind of turmoil Miami has battled all season. With inaccurate rumors swirling about a possible move to Notre Dame, Shanahan spent much of the week fielding questions about his future in Denver. The coach also was forced to defend Plummer against an unexpected attack from former Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) tight end Shannon Sharpe.

Sharpe said Plummer was a mediocre quarterback who wouldn't amount to much more, and on this day he was right. Plummer finished 16-of-30 for 219 yards and his two interceptions were both bad. The first -- the one that led to the obscene gesture -- went to Jay Williams, the fourth defensive lineman to intercept him this season.

The second went to Sammy Knight (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4106) on an ill-advised pass with the game tied at 17 and the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) * (* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) driving.

"That was a dumb throw at that point in the game," Plummer said. "It was a play I shouldn't have tried to make."

Denver held after the interception and Droughns ran 21 yards to set up Elam's winning field goal.

Droughns finished with 62 yards to surpass the 1,000-yard mark for the season, but he hardly looked like the confident back who took over when Quentin Griffin caught the fumbling bug earlier this season.

Now, it's Droughns who has the bug, and after the second of his two fumbles, Shanahan showed no inkling of wanting to put him back in. Bell's shoulder injury is serious -- a third-degree sprain -- and it should be interesting to gauge Droughns' confidence over the upcoming week.

"Obviously, it's going to be frustrating," fullback Kyle Johnson said. "But he battled back beautifully and finished up strong."

Oh okay, good then... we accept your apology then... I knew it was a mistake... I love you plummer...

SoCalRaider
12-13-2004, 12:16 AM
Plummer wants to be a Raider doesn't he.
We're not that desperate.

Taco John
12-13-2004, 12:21 AM
Oh okay, good then... we accept your apology then... I knew it was a mistake... I love you plummer...

I would have had to GAF about it in the first place to bother to accept an apology from him. He sure doesn't owe me an apology.

*shrug*

Rausch
12-13-2004, 12:25 AM
He sure doesn't owe me an apology.

*shrug*

He'd better be giving Bowlen one, 'cause he's STEALING from that man...

Demonpenz
12-13-2004, 12:30 AM
I am just glad that we don't show any emotion after we have a huge **** up. We handle under preformance better than any team in the league

Taco John
Yeah... It just doesn't seem to work. No matter how much smack Chiefs fans try to throw on Broncs the sheer ineptitude of your own team just jams the transmission, and I'm just left laughing.

Taco John
I am just glad that we don't show any emotion after we have a huge **** up. We handle under preformance better than any team in the league

ROFL

Rausch
12-13-2004, 12:34 AM
Yeah... It just doesn't seem to work. No matter how much smack Chiefs fans try to throw on Broncs the sheer ineptitude of your own team just jams the transmission, and I'm just left laughing.

Not throwing smack here, just asking: what's the fans consensus on why the Broncos have fallen/underachieved?

Coaching? QB? Overall talent? GM/Owner?

I'm just curious if the bitching/complaining over there is similar to bitching/complaining over here... :hmmm:

Taco John
12-13-2004, 12:53 AM
Certainly Plummer takes his share of the blame. But then, when you look at the Broncs record with him vs without him, it's hard to get too down.

The guy is erratic, without a doubt. But so was Elway at times. Even in his first Superbowl win, Elway threw an interception in the endzone.

I wouldn't personally pin all of the Broncs woes on Plummer. But he deserves criticism, to be sure.

tk13
12-13-2004, 01:09 AM
Thanks Gunther.

"By Carl, I'll take him as my quarterback any day. He grows a beard, and he competes. By Carl he competes. He may have 1 touchdown and 7 interceptions over the last three weeks, but by Carl he shows emotion when he fails."

Logical
12-13-2004, 01:17 AM

Way to smack the Chiefs. Not that they do not deserve it this year.

booger
12-13-2004, 02:53 AM
ROFL :clap: ROFL

Mile High Mania
12-13-2004, 07:31 AM
Not throwing smack here, just asking: what's the fans consensus on why the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) have fallen/underachieved?

Coaching? QB? Overall talent? GM/Owner?

I'm just curious if the bitching/complaining over there is similar to bitching/complaining over here... :hmmm:

Rausch - I can't speak to the root of the pain over at the Mane, but for me... I blame Bailey every bit as much as people are blaming Plummer. Every time I log on to the Denver Post and read that assclown, Kiszla, it drives me nuts. If all you did was read the paper, you would be hell bent on the notion that it was all Plummer's fault. Very little is ever said about Bailey getting treated like O'Neal more often than not.

The defense lacks strength on the Dline and they greatly miss Pryce. The line is getting pressure... but not enough. They are getting to the QB, but not until he's had 3-4 seconds to survey the field.

They are trying too hard to lay the "whoo lick" on someone, rather than just wrap him up and tackle him.

That's my issues with the defense.

Offensively, the line isn't consistently giving Jake time. Oh, and I think the TEs suck. Sure, Putzier has potential, but I don't trust any of them and none of them are game breakers. I'd like to see DEN pursue Randy McMichael this offseason.

This is not a SB team - I said that early on, but this can be a 10 win team that can advance. They have some tough losses that should have gone the other way, but that happens when you play consistently inconsistent.

Chief Henry
12-13-2004, 09:09 AM
Plummer has made the Chiefs Defense look very
Jr.highish ever since becoming a bronco. If he's struggling with all of the other teams, whats that
say about KC defense?

Brock
12-13-2004, 10:00 AM

Yeah, I'm sure you're just laughing your fat ass off. :rolleyes: What a vag.

Predarat
12-13-2004, 10:07 AM
IN-COM-PLETE?
nope its
IN-TER-CEP-TION!
jake 'the finger' plummer
jake 'the pick' plummer

Demonpenz
12-13-2004, 10:25 AM
Thanks Gunther.

"By Carl, I'll take him as my quarterback any day. He grows a beard, and he competes. By Carl he competes. He may have 1 touchdown and 7 interceptions over the last three weeks, but by Carl he shows emotion when he fails."

I was mostly talking about our defense. I wasn't directing my hostilities toward Grbac thats for sure. I am not saying the chiefs fans should cut him a break, because him flipping the bird is the most fun we've had all season. I am just saying studying all week, practicing hard, then playing like complete dogshit, I think one middle finger is understandable.

ChiefsOne
12-13-2004, 12:31 PM
Plummer has made the Chiefs Defense look very Jr.highish ever since becoming a bronco. If he's struggling with all of the other teams, whats that
say about KC defense?

Plummer made... what about all the other QB's we have played. Plummer's not special, hell our "Secondary D" could make Ryan Leif look great these days.