PDA

View Full Version : The KC Chiefs and the Draft Position Scenario:

Ugly Duck
12-13-2004, 12:30 AM
So here's the skinny.... if KC loses this week, they are in the Draft Slot #8 position. If they actually manage one of those very rare wins, they are in the Draft Slot #15 position. Good luck in your next game.... a win'll drop you down about 8 slots!!

1 San Francisco 2-11 .479
2 Miami 2-11 .557
3 Cleveland 3-10 .599
4 Arizona 4-9 .453
5 Tennessee 4-9 .490
6 Washington 4-9 .516
7 Oakland 4-9 .542
8a Kansas City 4-9 .547
8b Tampa Bay 5-8 .445
9 New Orleans 5-8 .474
10 Chicago 5-8 .484
11 Houston 5-8 .510
12 Detroit 5-8 .521
13 Dallas 5-8 .526
14 San Diego (from New York Giants**) 5-8 .542
15a Kansas City 5-8 .547
15b Carolina 6-7 .495

HolmeZz
12-13-2004, 12:32 AM
Actually Tennessee would go behind us if they win tomorrow, so we'd be 7th, so you should be rooting for the Tits tomorrow, so that you'd move up to 6th. :)

mcan
12-13-2004, 12:33 AM
Dont care one bit... Where we draft doesn't go down in history. Finishing with only 4 wins does.

Ugly Duck
12-13-2004, 12:35 AM
Actually Tennessee would go behind us if they win tomorrow, so we'd be 7th.Right you are! Oakland would be 6th & KC would be 7th. But you still drop way down with a win. Don't win - or you'll be losing out!

SoCalRaider
12-13-2004, 12:40 AM
Dont care one bit... Where we draft doesn't go down in history. Finishing with only 4 wins does.
Actually they really only keep track of who wins the Super Bowl...

Rausch
12-13-2004, 12:41 AM
I think wins are more important than draft picks, but that's just me.

mcan
12-13-2004, 12:45 AM
Actually they really only keep track of who wins the Super Bowl...

Actually, I can't tell you how many times I've heard local and national media alike make refrences to the eighties and how bad the Chiefs were the whole time. I also hear about the Buffalo Bills' four losses all the time. When you are a loser, people don't mind... But if you're a BIG loser, people remember you forever...

Remember the Chargers a few years ago? Or the Detroit Tigers?

DenverChief
12-13-2004, 01:10 AM

DT doesn't agree :harumph:

Rausch
12-13-2004, 01:11 AM
DT doesn't agree :harumph:

I'm not sure I get your meaning...

mcan
12-13-2004, 01:12 AM
You're right, I'm sure DT would have loved it if we would have lossed ALL our games and had 22 prowbowler #1 picks on the field all the time!

Logical
12-13-2004, 01:13 AM
The Chiefs consistently do all the wrong things to avoid ever going to the Super Bowl, so most likely now that it is pointless they will win out.

go bo
12-13-2004, 01:16 AM
The Chiefs consistently do all the wrong things to avoid ever going to the Super Bowl, so most likely now that it is pointless they will win out.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

it's actually worse than pointless, winning out will hurt our position in the damned draft...

(not that carl could do anything with a high first round pick...)

Rausch
12-13-2004, 01:19 AM
The Chiefs consistently do all the wrong things to avoid ever going to the Super Bowl, so most likely now that it is pointless they will win out.

Well, if you think they'll just fug it up in the long term (super bowl) anyway you might as well cheer for immediate gratification! :thumb:

Logical
12-13-2004, 01:22 AM
Well, if you think they'll just fug it up in the long term (super bowl) anyway you might as well cheer for immediate gratification! :thumb:

I think no matter how bad Carl is he would at least get somebody deserving of starting in the NFL if we had a top 6 or 7 pick. So I cannot quite agree. Right now you could draft for any position on the defense with the exception of DT and plug them in from that draft level IMO. It is not that they will be all pro it is just they cannot in all likelihood be any worse.

mcan
12-13-2004, 01:23 AM
There is nothing worse for a players' ability and morale than to lose several games in a row. If we lost all the rest of our games, then we might get a player that is 5% better than the one we get in the middle of the first round... But, the other 21 players in the starting lineup will get about 10% worse than they are right now....

Logical
12-13-2004, 01:29 AM
There is nothing worse for a players' ability and morale than to lose several games in a row. If we lost all the rest of our games, then we might get a player that is 5% better than the one we get in the middle of the first round... But, the other 21 players in the starting lineup will get about 10% worse than they are right now....
If they are any good at all, I do not believe that for a second. In fact if they become worse just because of the teams performance this season then they probably do not have mental the abilities we need in a player.

mcan
12-13-2004, 01:31 AM
If they are any good at all, I do not believe that for a second. In fact if they become worse just because of the teams performance this season then they probably do not have mental the abilities we need in a player.

I suppose that there are certain players who might rise to the challenge, but most play to the level of those around them... That's why having a Joe Montana or a Will Shields is so great. They make everybody better. But when you start to lose... IE: Elvis Grbac, all the sudden nobody is being pushed, and peole start to really suck!

Ugly Duck
12-13-2004, 02:07 AM
If we lost all the rest of our games, then we might get a player that is 5% better than the one we get in the middle of the first round... Hmmm... lookit the difference between picking one of Kiper's Top 8 (where KC would sit with a loss to Tenn), and the Kiper Middle-of-the-Round Guyz:

1. Cedric Benson Sr. RB Texas
Four straight years with over 1,000 yards.
2. Ronnie Brown Sr. RB Auburn
A complete, explosive back who does it all.
3. Carnell Williams Sr. RB Auburn
Very creative and deceptively strong runner.
4. Mike Williams Jr. WR USC
Terrific combo of size and strength.
5. Dan Cody Sr. DT Oklahoma
A fiery, intense end who's coming on strong
6. Erasmus James Sr. DE Wisconsin
Outstanding pass rusher who can play the run.
7. Derrick Johnson Sr. LB Texas
Strength, speed and a nose for the ball.
8. Travis Johnson Sr. DT Fla. St.

15. Shaun Cody Sr. DL USC
Vesrsatile performer at DT or DE.
16. Jammal Brown Sr. OT Oklahoma
Equally adept at pass and run blocking.
17. Charlie Frye Sr. QB Akron
Another standout MAC passer.

LTownChief
12-13-2004, 04:40 AM
Good luck in your next game.... a win'll drop you down about 8 slots!!

ya, I hope we lose out so we can get another one of those Ryan Sims'!!!

Cannibal
12-13-2004, 06:38 AM
I think no matter how bad Carl is he would at least get somebody deserving of starting in the NFL if we had a top 6 or 7 pick. So I cannot quite agree. Right now you could draft for any position on the defense with the exception of DT and plug them in from that draft level IMO. It is not that they will be all pro it is just they cannot in all likelihood be any worse.

Ever heard of Ryan Sims?

Cannibal
12-13-2004, 06:39 AM
ya, I hope we lose out so we can get another one of those Ryan Sims'!!!

I guess you beat me to it.

Alphaman
12-13-2004, 07:40 AM
So here's the skinny.... if KC loses this week, they are in the Draft Slot #8 position. If they actually manage one of those very rare wins, they are in the Draft Slot #15 position. Good luck in your next game.... a win'll drop you down about 8 slots!!

2 Miami 2-11 .557
3 Cleveland 3-10 .599
4 Arizona 4-9 .453
5 Tennessee 4-9 .490
6 Washington 4-9 .516
7 Oakland 4-9 .542
8a Kansas City 4-9 .547
8b Tampa Bay 5-8 .445
9 New Orleans 5-8 .474
10 Chicago 5-8 .484
11 Houston 5-8 .510
12 Detroit 5-8 .521
13 Dallas 5-8 .526
15a Kansas City 5-8 .547
15b Carolina 6-7 .495

If we lose, wouldn't we actually be 7th. Tennessee would go to 5-8.

mikey23545
12-13-2004, 07:56 AM
Hard to imagine how deeply ingrained a loser mentality has to be in someone's psyche to prefer losses and draft picks to winning....

I'm pretty sure I would never want to be on the same team as someone like that....

the Talking Can
12-13-2004, 08:05 AM
the Bengals have dont it the right way...they always lose and get high draft picks...I wish we were that smart

mikey23545
12-13-2004, 08:08 AM
Exactly....

It's ridiculous to think losing one season automatically guarantees great players and Super Bowls the next....

shaneo69
12-13-2004, 10:22 AM
Exactly....

It's ridiculous to think losing one season automatically guarantees great players and Super Bowls the next....

No, but that's how we picked up Derrick Thomas as the #4 overall in '89. That one pick helped make our defense formidable for a decade.

Perhaps a Derrick Johnson could do the same. You'd rather finish 8-8 than have a shot at a player like that?

ChiefsCountry
12-13-2004, 10:33 AM
No, but that's how we picked up Derrick Thomas as the #4 overall in '89. That one pick helped make our defense formidable for a decade.

Perhaps a Derrick Johnson could do the same. You'd rather finish 8-8 than have a shot at a player like that?

Derrick Johnson :thumb:

Frankie
12-13-2004, 11:12 AM

I usually think that way. But this year I reall want a good draft position.

mikey23545
12-13-2004, 11:21 AM

Yes.

There is no such a thing as a "sure" draft pick, no way to know if some 4th rounder might become the next DT or LT, and no guarantee half the offense might not blow their knees out next year even if some new player did improve the defense. In other words, you would trade trying to win for a future that is impossible to see.

Mr. Laz
12-13-2004, 11:38 AM

that's just idiotic

KC Dan
12-13-2004, 11:39 AM
the Bengals have dont it the right way...they always lose and get high draft picks...I wish we were that smart
And how many playoff appearances do the bengals have in the past 15 years? hmmm, not thinking that that is the right way to do it. That is if you were not being TIC.

Iowanian
12-13-2004, 11:45 AM
High draft picks year after year is a problem.........It doesn't leave them any room to get decent Depth.........its why the Bengals might start strong, and fade half way(injuries).

It Should be different in KC........The Chiefs aren't quite in a position of perenial bottom feeder.....they're 3-4 players away, and need to start to reload for when some of these vets go(or are replaced).

1 year of higher draft(if used wisely) could make a huge difference on this team.

I'll be a fan of 5-11 this year, since the season is already shot..........Beat Denver to knock them out of the playoffs, draft top 10(remember that is in every round)

Mr. Laz
12-13-2004, 11:49 AM
It Should be different in KC........The Chiefs aren't quite in a position of perenial bottom feeder.....they're 3-4 players away, and need to start to reload for when some of these vets go(or are replaced).

1 year of higher draft(if used wisely) could make a huge difference on this team.

I'll be a fan of 5-11 this year, since the season is already shot..........Beat Denver to knock them out of the playoffs, draft top 10(remember that is in every round)

absolutely..

i was thinking the same thing... 1 more win for moral purposes. But denver in arrowhead to knock them outa the playoffs.

lose the rest

with a little luck, hopefully several of the other 4/5 wins teams get a couple more wins and we get into the top 5.

Chiefnj
12-13-2004, 12:08 PM
High draft picks year after year is a problem.........It doesn't leave them any room to get decent Depth.........its why the Bengals might start strong, and fade half way(injuries).

I'm dense, as this makes no sense to me. How does having high draft picks prevent you from getting decent depth? Wouldn't a team with first dibs in rounds 3-7 have a better chance (assuming they have good scouts) at getting better players and thus more depth?

Wasn't it this past preseason that DV or GC said that this was the deepest team they've ever had? A lot good it did KC.

Brock
12-13-2004, 12:12 PM
If the Chiefs aren't going to draft in the top 5, they may as well win out.

Mr. Laz
12-13-2004, 12:15 PM
I'm dense, as this makes no sense to me. How does having high draft picks prevent you from getting decent depth? Wouldn't a team with first dibs in rounds 3-7 have a better chance (assuming they have good scouts) at getting better players and thus more depth?

Wasn't it this past preseason that DV or GC said that this was the deepest team they've ever had? A lot good it did KC.

i think he's saying by having a top 3 pick in the first round you have to invest so much money in the draft pick that it hurts your salary cap.

although i think that only kills you if you really mess up like san diego did with Ryan whatumacallit.

Mr. Laz
12-13-2004, 12:17 PM
If the Chiefs aren't going to draft in the top 5, they may as well win out.

why is that?

we aren't just talking about round 1... we are talking about 2-7 as well.

a high pick may help a team as much in rounds 2 and 3 as any

Logical
12-13-2004, 12:17 PM
Ever heard of Ryan Sims?

I take it you did not read that last sentence in my post.

It is not that they will be all pro it is just they cannot in all likelihood be any worse.

Logical
12-13-2004, 12:19 PM
why is that?

we aren't just talking about round 1... we are talking about 2-7 as well.

a high pick may help a team as much in rounds 2 and 3 as any

I will have to side with others because of Carl after round 1. Carl will screw those up going with project picks.

Mr. Laz
12-13-2004, 12:40 PM
I will have to side with others because of Carl after round 1. Carl will screw those up going with project picks.

so we just give up???

a "true fan" doesnt do that ... i keep hoping that if our pick is high enough that we will get lucky.

Surely the morons in our draft dept. can't screw up every draft?.... can they. :(

Brock
12-13-2004, 12:41 PM
why is that?

Because I prefer they win.

Mr. Laz
12-13-2004, 12:42 PM
Because I prefer they win.

even if 1 win now reduces their chances of winning 3 more games per year for the next 5 years?

Logical
12-13-2004, 12:43 PM
so we just give up???

a "true fan" doesnt do that ... i keep hoping that if our pick is high enough that we will get lucky.

Surely the morons in our draft dept. can't screw up every draft?.... can they. :(

Give up? No. Have any kind of expectations? No.

I have faith that they can screw up every draft in the 2nd and 3rd round. You get to day two and they actually do about as well as most teams.

Brock
12-13-2004, 12:48 PM
even if 1 win now reduces their chances of winning 3 more games per year for the next 5 years?

There is no way that could be proven or disproven. So, yes.

philfree
12-13-2004, 12:48 PM

Is there an equation that illustrates this? If so it doesn't apply to teams like the Bengals and the Cardinals cause they been picking at the top of the draft for a decade or so and they still can't beat their own meat.

PhilFree :arrow:

Mr. Laz
12-13-2004, 12:51 PM
There is no way that could be proven or disproven. So, yes.
i assume you agree that a higher draft pick gives a team an "extra chance" at a player with better talent?

so even the extra chance to get an extra special player in the draft is not worth a loss in a meaningless game this year?

Brock
12-13-2004, 12:55 PM
i assume you agree that a higher draft pick gives a team an "extra chance" at a player with better talent?

Yes, that's why I said that if they aren't drafting in the top 5, they should just win out. Outside of the top 5, the talent pretty much plateaus for the rest of the first round.

Logical
12-13-2004, 12:59 PM
Is there an equation that illustrates this? If so it doesn't apply to teams like the Bengals and the Cardinals cause they been picking at the top of the draft for a decade or so and they still can't beat their own meat.

Unless I am mistaken the Bengals are better than the Chiefs now.

Logical
12-13-2004, 01:02 PM
Yes, that's why I said that if they aren't drafting in the top 5, they should just win out. Outside of the top 5, the talent pretty much plateaus for the rest of the first round.
I disagree with that. I think the talent level for the top 8 is much higher. I would agree that once you get past 8 it drops off significantly. The fact is we could probably get A Rolle as late as 8 and he IMO is about as sure a thing as you will find among the Defensive draft choices.

Brock
12-13-2004, 01:03 PM

With a decade and a half of high first round draft picks, I would think they would be contending for a super bowl.

Brock
12-13-2004, 01:05 PM
I disagree with that. I think the talent level for the top 8 is much higher. I would agree that once you get past 8 it drops off significantly. The fact is we could probably get A Rolle as late as 8 and he IMO is about as sure a thing as you will find among the Defensive draft choices.

Rolle will go top 5. Besides that, Carl is not going to draft the player everybody here wants him to anyway.

Mr. Laz
12-13-2004, 01:05 PM
With a decade and a half of high first round draft picks, I would think they would be contending for a super bowl.
that organization(along with the cardinals) have many other issues besides draft picks.

it's not a good example

Mr. Laz
12-13-2004, 01:06 PM
Besides that, Carl is not going to draft the player everybody here wants him to anyway.
and what does that have to do with anything at all?

philfree
12-13-2004, 01:07 PM

That really wasn't the issue, however, they still have a losing record and they've had a ton of high draft picks the last 15 years which is a pretty good illustration that picking near the top of the draft doesn't equate to winning more games.

philfree
12-13-2004, 01:14 PM

We won't know how it's shake at till all the Jrs declare but IMO there's gonna be a player or two outside the top ten that we could use. Corey Webster or maybe even Marlin Jackson or perhaps a DE.

Chiefnj
12-13-2004, 01:22 PM
We won't know how it's shake at till all the Jrs declare but IMO there's gonna be a player or two outside the top ten that we could use. Corey Webster or maybe even Marlin Jackson or perhaps a DE.

Exactly. For example, GBNREPORT (a pretty decent college football/scouting site) has our favorite Texas OLB ranked #15.

http://www.gbnreport.com/2005top100.htm

Frankie
12-13-2004, 01:23 PM
Not to mention the more favorable schedule next year too... Theoratically at lease.

Logical
12-13-2004, 02:24 PM
Exactly. For example, GBNREPORT (a pretty decent college football/scouting site) has our favorite Texas OLB ranked #15.

http://www.gbnreport.com/2005top100.htm

Thanks for the link to GBN I had lost mine in a computer problem earlier this year.

That is suprising.

Iowanian
12-13-2004, 02:33 PM

Its not a complex concept....follow with me for just a moment.

Cincinnatti typically has a top 5-10, often top 3 draft pick in round one. Those draft picks sign for significant contracts. In each of the following rounds, the higher the draft pick, the more their contract( #33 pick makes much more than #50)

After 2-3 years of high draft choices, with Big contracts, a larger percentage of the salary cap is taken up by fewer players, which leaves less money to sign players of higher caliber for depth.....Basically, they fill the last 5-8 spots with scrubs who should be working at Dennys.

one or two injuries and the team with No depth is done.

KCs problem is that most of their players are of similar caliber.........quality backups.

IMO, if the Chiefs pick in the top 10, it gives them a better shot at a top teir talent who can make an immediate impact, and the 2nd round pick isn't that much different than a #30 First round pick.......and so on.

Look at the impact of Detroit's rookies this year.......imagine that much difference on KC's veteran team.

jiveturkey
12-13-2004, 02:50 PM
If we're not top 10 then I would still be happy with Ahmad Brooks or Marlin Jackson. I really don't think that winning a couple of more games is going to ruin the draft for us and I certainly can't sit on the couch and root for some other team.

Iowanian
12-13-2004, 02:51 PM
I can't "root" for a loss.................I can say that I'm no longer "emotionally invested".

....at least until kickoff.

KC Dan
12-13-2004, 02:52 PM
I can't "root" for a loss.................I can say that I'm no longer "emotionally invested".

....at least until kickoff.
sounds too damn familiar...

go bo
12-13-2004, 03:04 PM
Its not a complex concept....follow with me for just a moment.

Cincinnatti typically has a top 5-10, often top 3 draft pick in round one. Those draft picks sign for significant contracts. In each of the following rounds, the higher the draft pick, the more their contract( #33 pick makes much more than #50)

After 2-3 years of high draft choices, with Big contracts, a larger percentage of the salary cap is taken up by fewer players, which leaves less money to sign players of higher caliber for depth.....Basically, they fill the last 5-8 spots with scrubs who should be working at Dennys.

one or two injuries and the team with No depth is done.

KCs problem is that most of their players are of similar caliber.........quality backups.

IMO, if the Chiefs pick in the top 10, it gives them a better shot at a top teir talent who can make an immediate impact, and the 2nd round pick isn't that much different than a #30 First round pick.......and so on.

Look at the impact of Detroit's rookies this year.......imagine that much difference on KC's veteran team.wow, i didn't know detroit was still playing in the league...

oh wait, that's the farm team that tait went to, isn't it?

Iowanian
12-13-2004, 03:11 PM
Have you watched Detroit this year?

They aren't a contender yet, but they have a great young nucleus, including Jones, a rookie Running back who is looking good, Roy Williams et al.

Next season....Detroit is a serious contender to win that division.

Tribal Warfare
12-13-2004, 03:14 PM
Ahmad Brooks is my backup plan

go bo
12-13-2004, 03:14 PM
Have you watched Detroit this year?

They aren't a contender yet, but they have a great young nucleus, including Jones, a rookie Running back who is looking good, Roy Williams et al.

Next season....Detroit is a serious contender to win that division.actually, no i haven't...

but i was just kidding about the farm team thing...

hell, they've won one more than we have so far this year...

BigChiefFan
12-13-2004, 06:22 PM
That's quite a jump in the draft for winning one game. I can't root for the Chiefs to lose, but I believe the draft pick is more important than winning a game that won't help us this year or next. As much as I love the Chiefs to win, I have to realize we've been out of contention for weeks now and we are playing for 2005 and beyond. 2004 is a bust for the Chiefs.

Mr. Laz
12-13-2004, 07:19 PM
I really don't think that winning a couple of more games is going to ruin the draft for us

with the way it's looking, a couple of wins could make a 12 spot difference in next year's draft.

# Team W-L Opponents'
W-L %
1 San Francisco 1-11 .479
2 Miami 2-10 .557
3 Cleveland 3-9 .599
4 Arizona 4-8 .453
5 New Orleans 4-8 .474
6 Tennessee 4-8 .490
7 Washington 4-8 .516
8 Oakland 4-8 .542
9 Kansas City 4-8 .547 ***********
10 Tampa Bay 5-7 .445
11 Chicago 5-7 .484
12 Carolina 5-7 .495
13 Houston 5-7 .510
14 Detroit 5-7 .521
15 Dallas 5-7 .526
16 San Diego (from New York Giants**) 5-7 .542
17 Seattle 6-6 .443
18 St. Louis 6-6 .474
19 Dallas (from Buffalo*) 6-6 .510
20 Jacksonville 6-6 .526************
21 Cincinnati 6-6 .552

2 games move us from 9 to 20 :(

that is a huge, huge difference

BigChiefFan
12-13-2004, 07:57 PM
with the way it's looking, a couple of wins could make a 12 spot difference in next year's draft.

# Team W-L Opponents'
W-L %
1 San Francisco 1-11 .479
2 Miami 2-10 .557
3 Cleveland 3-9 .599
4 Arizona 4-8 .453
5 New Orleans 4-8 .474
6 Tennessee 4-8 .490
7 Washington 4-8 .516
8 Oakland 4-8 .542
9 Kansas City 4-8 .547 ***********
10 Tampa Bay 5-7 .445
11 Chicago 5-7 .484
12 Carolina 5-7 .495
13 Houston 5-7 .510
14 Detroit 5-7 .521
15 Dallas 5-7 .526
16 San Diego (from New York Giants**) 5-7 .542
17 Seattle 6-6 .443
18 St. Louis 6-6 .474
19 Dallas (from Buffalo*) 6-6 .510
20 Jacksonville 6-6 .526************
21 Cincinnati 6-6 .552

2 games move us from 9 to 20 :(

that is a huge, huge difference
That really is an unbelieveable falling in the draft for one loss. I'm pulling for the Chiefs, but damn the draft pick is important as hell to the future of the team. The Chiefs need to think long term and land IMPACT draftees. Damn this catch 22.

suds79
12-13-2004, 08:32 PM
Man I'm actually nervious.

We'd better not mess this up with a win. A lot of spots are on the line here.

Ugly Duck
12-14-2004, 12:33 AM
Congrats on the win, Chieftains! You just dropped down to the dregs of Round 1.... behind Sandy Eggo's pick from the NY Football Giants for Eli. Unfortunately, Oakland is in a tough spot now. We have to manage a loss to Tennessee next week just to hold our position on the draft board. Even worse, if we cannot pull off a loss against the Titans, and then win on Christmas after you losers lose to the Donkeys... KC catapults ahead of Oakland. You guyz suck.... but you need to suck just a little bit more.....

2 Miami 2-11 .557
3 Cleveland 3-10 .599
4 Arizona 4-9 .453
5 Tennessee 4-9 .490
6 Washington 4-9 .516
7 Oakland 4-9 .542
8 Tampa Bay 5-8 .445
9 New Orleans 5-8 .474
10 Chicago 5-8 .484
11 Houston 5-8 .510
12 Detroit 5-8 .521
13 Dallas 5-8 .526
15 Kansas City 5-8 .547
16 Carolina 6-7 .495

TEX
12-14-2004, 12:36 AM
I NEVER like to lose. I'm for WINNING as much as we can and let us draft wherever we finish.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-14-2004, 12:40 AM
I mean, after all, the Oakland Raiders drafting 2nd last year really propelled them to the top of the AFCW.

What?

That's SD up there? Oakland is in last place <b>AGAIN</b>?

Never mind.

SoCalRaider
12-14-2004, 12:41 AM
The Chargers win the division... and still draft ahead of the Chiefs and Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons)

ROFL

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-14-2004, 12:43 AM
The Chargers win the division... and still draft ahead of the Chiefs and Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) *

ROFL

Oh, there's no doubt SD raped NYG over Eli Manning.

Actually, my personal opinion is, SD never wanted Manning to begin with. But by drafting him, they could ask the moon for him, and NY was stupid enough to give it to them.

Rausch
12-14-2004, 12:44 AM

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons)

ROFL

Keep laughing. Al Davis still runs your team.

Frankie
12-14-2004, 12:19 PM
Ahmad Brooks is my backup plan
:thumb:
Mine too.

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 12:22 PM

2 Miami 2-11 .557
3 Cleveland 3-10 .599
4 Arizona 4-9 .453
5 Tennessee 4-9 .490
6 Washington 4-9 .516
7 Oakland 4-9 .542
8a Kansas City 4-9 .547
8b Tampa Bay 5-8 .445
9 New Orleans 5-8 .474
10 Chicago 5-8 .484
11 Houston 5-8 .510
12 Detroit 5-8 .521
13 Dallas 5-8 .526
15a Kansas City 5-8 .547
15b Carolina 6-7 .495

Screw the 8 slots, I want to win my 20 dollar bet with the UPS driver. lmao.

Chiefnj
12-14-2004, 12:23 PM
Why do people want Brooks?

The reason I'm asking is because he is pretty raw. Only two years of college experience (1 year some military school). I'm not saying he won't develop into a good LB, I just think that expecting him to come in and be part of a dramatic improvement next year is slim. Look at Wilkerson and Siavii. The guy might need time to mature and learn the game.

Eleazar
12-14-2004, 12:25 PM
Do you guys really think that a 5-11 team is going to be drafting 16 or 18th?

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 12:25 PM
I seriously doubt they will win out. Have you lost faith in our secondaries prowess?

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 12:27 PM
Yes it was gratifying seeing our O saving the organizations bacon of embarrasment the D regularly serves up.

On the Radio, the announcer was punking us repeatedly to fill air time, and he isn't even a homer.

Madden tried to be respectful, "I'm sure that they are trying", but.......

Frankie
12-14-2004, 12:27 PM
Why do people want Brooks?

Why don't you want Derrick Brooks? I'd love to see him in the Chiefs uniform. ;)

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 12:28 PM
If we lost like that, some biotch like manning, might cry and not come here either.

Chiefnj
12-14-2004, 12:30 PM
Why don't you want Derrick Brooks? I'd love to see him in the Chiefs uniform. ;)

Because he is raw and inexperienced. He's a great prospect if you have time to develop him, I just hesitate on taking players with such little experience. Wilkerson hasn't developed yet, Battle hasn't developed yet, Siavii is still learning, etc.

jiveturkey
12-14-2004, 12:42 PM
Do you guys really think that a 5-11 team is going to be drafting 16 or 18th?It seems very possible this year.

Frankie
12-15-2004, 10:02 AM
Because he is raw and inexperienced. He's a great prospect if you have time to develop him, I just hesitate on taking players with such little experience. Wilkerson hasn't developed yet, Battle hasn't developed yet, Siavii is still learning, etc.

Dude,.... I said Derrick Brooks. :)

Chiefnj
12-15-2004, 10:12 AM
Dude,.... I said Derrick Brooks. :)

In post 77 you agreed that Ahmad Brooks was your backup plan.

Frankie
12-16-2004, 08:39 AM
In post 77 you agreed that Ahmad Brooks was your backup plan.

Yes, and he still is. In the later post I was just being silly. I have always wanted Derrick Brooks to play for us. Now that we won't have him I figure another 1st round LB with the same last name can't be all that bad. ;)

Red Dawg
12-16-2004, 10:39 AM
I will not wish a loss against the Donkeys. I want to destroy them.

KCTitus
12-16-2004, 10:43 AM
I really dont understand the big deal here...

Carl has proven that he can waste a #15 overall pick just as good as a #6 overall pick.

The real question is whether Carl will piss away or waste the pick in question.