PDA

View Full Version : How many teams are tanking it to get a top pick in the draft ????

warpaint99
12-13-2004, 03:43 PM
Just wondering if you think you see any teams who are intentionally not trying hard to win unlike the Chiefs ?

Mile High Mania
12-13-2004, 03:46 PM
I don't see any.

jiveturkey
12-13-2004, 03:46 PM
Just wondering if you think you see any teams who are intentionally not trying hard to win unlike the Chiefs ?I would think that an owner would fire a coach as soon as they found out that the team was losing on purpose, which would then lead to a larger signing bonus for the top 5 pick that the team would get.

Logical
12-13-2004, 03:50 PM
I don't know, I think maybe Oakland is, and Al is just the kind of owner to encourage it.

King_Chief_Fan
12-13-2004, 03:52 PM
Too many jobs on the line to tank it.
Teams need to find out what their real needs are by continuing to do what they can to win a game.

Ultra Peanut
12-13-2004, 03:57 PM
DAMN YOU, LEONARDO DICAPRIO!

Logical
12-13-2004, 03:58 PM
DAMN YOU, LEONARDO DICAPRIO!

A loose Basketball Diaries reference?

Ultra Peanut
12-13-2004, 04:01 PM
No... a loose warpaint99 reference.

warpaint99
12-13-2004, 04:57 PM
I hate that idiot Dicaprio.

I hate at all the boytoy/modely type actors. Throw in Colin Farell(irish scum) and annoying sassy Johnny Depp.

Somebody needs to beat the S__t out of them.

SoCalRaider
12-13-2004, 06:59 PM
I don't know, I think maybe Oakland is, and Al is just the kind of owner to encourage it.
No the Raiders are definitely not playing for a pick... not as long as Davis is alive. He plays to win every game no matter what. The fact that the Raiders are still playing vets over younger guys will attest to that.

Just wondering if you think you see any teams who are intentionally not trying hard to win unlike the Chiefs ?
- The Cardinals definitely look like they are playing for a pick. Dennis Green knows he's not going anywhere for a while, and he's already begun "benching" some starters.

- Also might throw the Browns in that category as well considering they "benched" Garcia even though he was really the least of their problems.

- While the Giants may not necessarily be playing for a pick, the move to start Eli could be interpreted as them playing for the future...