PDA

View Full Version : Vermeil says the chiefs can't afford to keep 3 running backs(blaylock gone?)

Mr. Laz
12-13-2004, 07:25 PM
on nfl monday night countdown

Rausch
12-13-2004, 07:28 PM
4,256 thing I was wrong about this year...Yeah, it looks like Blaylock is as good as gone.

Chicago?...

Mr. Laz
12-13-2004, 07:29 PM
4,256 thing I was wrong about this year...Yeah, it looks like Blaylock is as good as gone.

Chicago?...

maybe... chicago is trying to build an offense like ours.

imo Blaylock MUST be in a offense like ours to be successful, he wont work in too many offenses.

Deberg_1990
12-13-2004, 07:30 PM
And this should shock no one

Mr. Laz
12-13-2004, 07:32 PM
And this should shock no one

and yet disappoint many

Hammock Parties
12-13-2004, 07:32 PM
Thomas Jones is better than Blaylock.

I'd say Blaylock is probably headed somewhere else, though.

Pants
12-13-2004, 07:34 PM
Thomas Jones is better than Blaylock.

I'd say Blaylock is probably headed somewhere else, though.

Miami? :shrug:

|Zach|
12-13-2004, 07:35 PM
I really like Blaylock alot and I hope he does well for himself with another team....

Deberg_1990
12-13-2004, 07:35 PM
and yet disappoint many

Like him or not, LJ is the future of this team. I personally like what i have seen out of him these past few weeks. At this point im behind him 100%

Bowser
12-13-2004, 07:36 PM
I've come to the conclusion that 2/3rds of what Vermeil says is bullshit. He knows how to play the media.

Maybe he was talking about Omar Easy? :shrug:

MichaelH
12-13-2004, 07:37 PM
I like Larry Johnson. I like Blaylock too. Priest has one more season tops, and then Larry can take over where Priest let off. Blaylock can be the starter next year for a team, hopefully not in the AFC West.

Ugly Duck
12-13-2004, 07:38 PM
Vermeil says the chiefs can't afford to keep 3 running backsThats cuz VD is planning to use his top pick on yet another RB one more time again this draft also as well.

Pants
12-13-2004, 07:41 PM
Thats cuz VD is planning to use his top pick on yet another RB one more time again this draft also as well.

Venereal Disease?

Mr. Laz
12-13-2004, 07:42 PM
Like him or not, LJ is the future of this team. I personally like what i have seen out of him these past few weeks. At this point I'm behind him 100%
and once again you missed the whole fuggin point by a nautical mile

now try and follow closely, I'll avoid any big words so maybe you can understand.

the talent level of Larry Johnson isn't important... it's that once again we are going to let a talent (blaylock) go at all.

we should of taken a defensive player instead of Larry Johnson.

right now we shouldn't have an issue with Blaylock, he was an Restricted free agent last year. IF LARRY JOHNSON wasn't drafted we would of signed blaylock to a longer deal.

blaylock leaving instead of a defensive player developing

disappointing...

bringbackmarty
12-13-2004, 07:43 PM
heh...maybe we can get tait and one of their quarterbacks for him.

Ugly Duck
12-13-2004, 07:45 PM
Venereal Disease?Hey.... he's your coach!

RINGLEADER
12-13-2004, 07:47 PM
I have always liked Blaylock and would hate to see him go, but if the choice is between Priest/LJ and an average defense or keeping Blaylock then I'm all for jettisoning Derrick.

tk13
12-13-2004, 07:47 PM

now try and follow closely, I'll avoid any big words so maybe you can understand.

the talent level of Larry Johnson isn't important... it's that once again we are going to let a talent (blaylock) go at all.

right now we shouldn't have an issue with Blaylock, he was an Restricted free agent last year. IF LARRY JOHNSON wasn't drafted we would of signed blaylock to a longer deal.

disappointing...
Not to mince details, but Derrick Blaylock had yet to prove squat at the time we'd draft Larry Johnson....

Mr. Laz
12-13-2004, 07:48 PM
heh...maybe we can get tait and one of their quarterbacks for him.
he's a free agent... there's no trade available

unless we are prepared to franchise tag him, he's gone... poof***

Fairplay
12-13-2004, 07:49 PM

disappointing...

There are too many big words in this for me to understand.

Pants
12-13-2004, 07:50 PM
Hey.... he's your coach!

I don't know who VD is. Our coach is DV. Now go back to your cell, it's almost lights out time. :)

Mr. Laz
Not to mince details, but Derrick Blaylock had yet to prove squat at the time we'd draft Larry Johnson....
yes..

and it's the chiefs job to evaluate players(blaylock) so they know whether or not to keep them or not.

bottomline is our personal dept stinks ... the handling of the draft picks and the player's contracts stinks.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
Once again, people want to complain about what we "could" have done.

All we can do now is play the cards we have.

We can play "what ifs" all night, but it doesn't deal with reality.

Ugly Duck
I have always liked Blaylock and would hate to see him goIn spite of all the verbage to contrary... Blaylock can in fact hold Hairy Johnson's jock. And he likes it, too!

Mr. Laz
12-13-2004, 07:54 PM
Once again, people want to complain about what we "could" have done.

All we can do now is play the cards we have.

We can play "what ifs" all night, but it doesn't deal with reality.

this isn't coulda,shoulda,woulda

people have said stuff about this before,during and after it happened

unless your point is that we should just ignore any mistakes made because they are already done. And if thats they case then you belong to the same "a good fan is seen and not heard" club that rufus dawes belongs to.

in which case ... 4321

dirk digler
12-13-2004, 07:55 PM
If this is true then their is no reason why LJ isn't starting tonight and get the majority of the carries. I doubt they trade LJ but it wouldn't surprise me. IMO Priest has only 1 yr left 2 at the most.

FringeNC
12-13-2004, 08:00 PM
Seems to me this young guys like LJ, Wilson, Parker, and Richard Smith (I know he is on the p.s.) would be better prepared for next year if they actually played some this year.

I like DV a lot, but he is too loyal to his veteran players.

Valiant
12-13-2004, 08:32 PM
This is more bullshit by DV... This comment was not necessary... We could have kept and traded his ass... But no, agian DV ****s us out of a potential trade... We had a chance not we have 0.. Amazing he does not learn that other teams do this shit all the time, but DV is so loyal to his players that he will not... :mad:

Logical
12-13-2004, 08:56 PM
maybe... chicago is trying to build an offense like ours.

imo Blaylock MUST be in a offense like ours to be successful, he wont work in too many offenses.

I agree, unfortunately the Raiduhs are also trying to rebuild their offense into one like ours.