PDA

View Full Version : Big Johnson hanging on the horse trailer

2bikemike
12-13-2004, 11:56 PM
Congrats Larry!

Bob Dole
12-13-2004, 11:59 PM
Bob Dole wishes he could trade his diaper for a trailer.

There's a major difference in the secondary market price, you know...

Chan93lx50
12-13-2004, 11:59 PM
I am glad I was wrong about this guy!

He can play, congrats Larry

BigRedChief
12-14-2004, 12:01 AM
Props! Rep! and OMG a King Carl draft pick looking good.

2bikemike
12-14-2004, 12:01 AM
I still think LJ should put a shitty diaper on DV's desk.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-14-2004, 12:02 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/players/larry_johnson.jpg

:wayne:

Deberg_1990
12-14-2004, 12:03 AM
IM proud of this young man. It looks like we are pretty set when Priest decides to retire. I love his combonation of size,speed and power.

Skip Towne
12-14-2004, 12:03 AM
Every one of you LJ doubters (without ever seeing him play) should issue a public apology to the rest of us who patiently had to listen to your drivel.

PastorMikH
12-14-2004, 12:05 AM
Props to Larry.

Don't know if DV will appreciate the after-game interview. LJ was pretty point blank that he was Carl's pick. Either way, he earned the right to speak up tonight - especially since DV's back got half the yards on twice the carries.

Bwana
12-14-2004, 12:06 AM
Good, I hope that wakes Dickie boy the fug up. He's a playa.

Raiderhater
12-14-2004, 12:06 AM
Does anyone else thinkt it was completely shitty that they hung Drew Bennett's picture up there as well? I wouldn't mind it so bad if they had a had a solid history of putting up a player from the losing team, but I've never seen them do that before.

PastorMikH
12-14-2004, 12:08 AM
Agree with you on Bennet Jamie. IF they were going to put anyone from the Titans up there, their QB is the one that earned the spot. However, the MVP should be reserved for a player from the winning team.

2bikemike
12-14-2004, 12:08 AM
Does anyone else thinkt it was completely shitty that they hung Drew Bennett's picture up there as well? I wouldn't mind it so bad if they had a had a solid history of putting up a player from the losing team, but I've never seen them do that before.

Yeah but he had a monster night. I sure we our offense could play a defense has bad as ours.

Bob Dole
12-14-2004, 12:09 AM
Every one of you LJ doubters (without ever seeing him play) should issue a public apology to the rest of us who patiently had to listen to your drivel.

Some of us watched him play, and still weren't convinced.

The young man showed some vision and speed the past two weeks, and Bob Dole has been here admitting it.

Sorry. That's all you're going to get.

Coach
12-14-2004, 12:10 AM
I don't know about you folks, but I do hope that you do realize that we won 2 games with Mr. Johnson playing. He's a game-breaker, especially with those 2 long runs for TD's.

Rausch
12-14-2004, 12:11 AM
Either way, he earned the right to speak up tonight - especially since DV's back got half the yards on twice the carries.

Pretty much...

Raiderhater
12-14-2004, 12:11 AM
Agree with you on Bennet Jamie. IF they were going to put anyone from the Titans up there, their QB is the one that earned the spot. However, the MVP should be reserved for a player from the winning team.

Precisely. I could care less if the WR or the QB was the better choice, decide that when they actually win.

Raiderhater
12-14-2004, 12:14 AM
Yeah but he had a monster night. I sure we our offense could play a defense has bad as ours.

It is not my intention to take anything away from Bennett, my problem lies with ABC, Madden, or whoever made the decision to act out of the ordinary here.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 12:15 AM
PRIEST WHO?

Earthling
12-14-2004, 12:16 AM
I thought LJ should have been on the trailer and was not too surprised to see Madden & company pick him.. :thumb:

HolmeZz
12-14-2004, 12:20 AM
Some of us watched him play, and still weren't convinced.

The young man showed some vision and speed the past two weeks, and Bob Dole has been here admitting it.

Sorry. That's all you're going to get.

Exactly. Until recently, Larry really hadn't shown me anything to make me think he'd excel in this league. He's proven me wrong the last few weeks though, and I'm glad. I'm proud of the kid and can't wait to see him play more in the future. He's become a legitimate threat to score every time he touches the ball, and there's really not much more you can ask of a guy on offense.

BTW, when was the last time a guy who only had like SEVEN carries got so much hype and stuff after a game?

Bearcat2005
12-14-2004, 12:21 AM
agreed!! how many of you all were just talking sh*t about johnson and now he does well you are swinging off his nuts again. once he has a bad game will you be calling for his trade? He is young, he will make mistakes, it is just funny to me how many posers there are in this board!

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 12:26 AM
LJ has great size and very good speed! He does things Priest can't do! I want to see him get 20 carries a game the rest of the year! Can I throw some more exclamation marks up in the hizzouse?!!!!!!!!!!!

BigRedChief
12-14-2004, 12:31 AM
I don't know about you folks, but I do hope that you do realize that we won 2 games with Mr. Johnson playing. He's a game-breaker, especially with those 2 long runs for TD's.

He's not been given a chance in 2 years. He gets a chance in the last 2 games and hes player of the game. Blaylock is going nuts celebrating when he scores but LJ just hands the ball to the ref. You gots to have that attitude to be an NFL RB. I think we would all agree that DV has treated him less than kindly. He gets to thump his chest a little after making the horse trailer. We need a LJ giving DV the plummer salute smilie.ROFL

ChiefsCountry
12-14-2004, 12:34 AM
Hate to say but Bennett should have been on the horse trailer, that kid played his butt off. Props to Drew Bennett. :clap:

But I am happy as hell we won and LJ got on the trailer! 2-1 on Monday Night :thumb:

penchief
12-14-2004, 12:37 AM
agreed!! how many of you all were just talking sh*t about johnson and now he does well you are swinging off his nuts again. once he has a bad game will you be calling for his trade? He is young, he will make mistakes, it is just funny to me how many posers there are in this board!

I think the difference is that there are a few people, myself included, who have had the opportunity to see Johnson play enough in college to be able to see unique skills that others were not able to evaluate because they hadn't had the same opportunity. Those of us who did know that he had those skills could not expect the rest of chief fans to recognize it until they saw it for themselves. Thanks to DV, that didn't happen up until the last two weeks. All we could do was reiterate our beliefs until Johnson got his chance.

That is not the fault of those who doubted Johnson's skills because LJ was not given the opportunity to prove himself. But look at what he has done with the limited opportunities he has been given. He has the best rushing average of all our backs, the best receiving average of any of our RB's, and probably has the best TD per touch average on the team. That is what he does. Give him the ball and he makes things happen.

I am proud of LJ. He took criticism that he didn't deserve and he had to sit on his hands and bite his tongue before he could silence his critics. He always knew what he was capable of and he grew frustrated dealing with the negativity when he wasn't given the chance to do it.

2bikemike
12-14-2004, 12:37 AM
It is not my intention to take anything away from Bennett, my problem lies with ABC, Madden, or whoever made the decision to act out of the ordinary here.

Oh I agree. I don't think they ever put somebody from the losing side. So it does suck that LJ has to share.

Sure-Oz
12-14-2004, 01:07 AM
Bennett would've had it but we won, LJ deserved it, he was key once again on just 7 carries! We would've used him earlier it may not have been as close at the end.

teedubya
12-14-2004, 01:26 AM
at this point, id still rather have had Boss Bailey and Nate Kaeding instead of LJ and WIlson.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 01:27 AM
at this point, id still rather have had Boss Bailey and Nate Kaeding instead of LJ and WIlson.

Tynes is as good as Kaeding. Better at this point.

Bailey can't cover Drew Bennett.

cheeeefs
12-14-2004, 01:27 AM
I think the difference is that there are a few people, myself included, who have had the opportunity to see Johnson play enough in college to be able to see unique skills that others were not able to evaluate because they hadn't had the same opportunity. Those of us who did know that he had those skills could not expect the rest of chief fans to recognize it until they saw it for themselves. Thanks to DV, that didn't happen up until the last two weeks. All we could do was reiterate our beliefs until Johnson got his chance.

That is not the fault of those who doubted Johnson's skills because LJ was not given the opportunity to prove himself. But look at what he has done with the limited opportunities he has been given. He has the best rushing average of all our backs, the best receiving average of any of our RB's, and probably has the best TD per touch average on the team. That is what he does. Give him the ball and he makes things happen.

I am proud of LJ. He took criticism that he didn't deserve and he had to sit on his hands and bite his tongue before he could silence his critics. He always knew what he was capable of and he grew frustrated dealing with the negativity when he wasn't given the chance to do it.

:clap: :clap:

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 01:29 AM
BIG JOHNSON PENETRATING THE DEFENSE!

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/TNMH116121402_1024x768.jpg

penchief
12-14-2004, 01:31 AM

That won't last long because, IMO, Wilson has unique skills as well. I've seen him snag passes that make you think he has Randy Moss hands. Plus, he's big for a receiver (even though he is a tight end). I say receiver because he runs a sub 4.5 at 250 pounds.

But what will make him a player in this league is his ability to catch passes on the run. He has WR speed and hands in a tight end body. He will create a lot of mismatches that will open things up all over the field.

Pants
12-14-2004, 01:34 AM

You are a fugging retard. Nobody ever said LJ sucked, all people ever said was that the last two games (not including this one) weren't enough to prove he was as good as everybody was claiming him to be.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 01:37 AM
That won't last long because, IMO, Wilson has unique skills as well. I've seen him snag passes that make you think he has Randy Moss hands. Plus, he's big for a receiver (even though he is a tight end). I say receiver because he runs a sub 4.5 at 250 pounds.

But what will make him a player in this league is his ability to catch passes on the run. He has WR speed and hands in a tight end body. He will create a lot of mismatches that will open things up all over the field.

Sweet. You watched Pittsburgh's games alot I take it? Nice to have someone with an insider view on our players.

Is Wilson good enough to get downfield? I thought of him mostly as having a Kimble Anders role.

penchief
12-14-2004, 01:42 AM
Sweet. You watched Pittsburgh's games alot I take it? Nice to have someone with an insider view on our players.

Is Wilson good enough to get downfield? I thought of him mostly as having a Kimble Anders role.

Absolutely. Once Lee Evans was taken by Buffalo, I believe that we thought Wilson was the next best receiver in the draft and I can't argue with that evaluation. He was drafted to split the defense downfield, IMO. Take a look at his stats at Pittsburgh and remember that he played opposite Larry Fitzgerald. A lot of people think he helped Fitzgerald a lot.

RedDread
08-30-2005, 04:25 AM
bump

FloridaChief
08-30-2005, 04:48 AM
bump

What's the point?

RedDread
08-30-2005, 05:34 AM
It was just meant to be a reminder of who Mike Jones is. I think many have forgot.

FloridaChief
08-30-2005, 05:52 AM
It was just meant to be a reminder of who Mike Jones is. I think many have forgot.

Who?

Skip Towne
08-30-2005, 06:07 AM
Never heard of him.

RedDread
08-30-2005, 06:17 AM
WHO?? MIKE JONES!!!

Mike Jones (born January 6, c. 1981) is a southern rap artist from the northside of Houston, Texas. As part of Swishahouse records, he has grown to fame over his unique usage of his own name throughout his songs. Many of his songs contain the phrases "Who? Mike Jones!" or "Mike Jones!" spread throughout, resulting in a firm implantation of his name in listeners' memories. His major promotional gimmick is to sell and hand out shirts with his cell phone number on them (athletic department-style shirts reading "Property of Mike Jones"), as well as shouting out the number throughout his mixtapes and albums, encouraging fans to call him on his Motorola phone at 281-330-8004.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Jones

FloridaChief
08-30-2005, 06:23 AM
I don't understand. Are you begging me to neg-rep you? Are you related to onescrewballleftbuttf*cked?

You're out on the edge, asshat. I'm having a nominal nicotine f*cking fit.

RedDread
08-30-2005, 06:35 AM
Ohnoes!!! Not negative reputation on Chiefs Planet!

This was just in case you missed the "Remember what we have in Priest Holmes" thread that got bumped for no good reason.

Anyone here who posts on CP doesn't need to be reminded of sh** like that. It's not like hyping Johnson here will somehow miraculously make the Chiefs start him. Priest will be the #1 this season and, if he doesn't retire, next season too.

Keep F***-in doubting Mike Jones.

WisChief
08-30-2005, 06:47 AM
WHO?? MIKE JONES!!!

Mike Jones (born January 6, c. 1981) is a southern rap artist from the northside of Houston, Texas. As part of Swishahouse records, he has grown to fame over his unique usage of his own name throughout his songs. Many of his songs contain the phrases "Who? Mike Jones!" or "Mike Jones!" spread throughout, resulting in a firm implantation of his name in listeners' memories. His major promotional gimmick is to sell and hand out shirts with his cell phone number on them (athletic department-style shirts reading "Property of Mike Jones"), as well as shouting out the number throughout his mixtapes and albums, encouraging fans to call him on his Motorola phone at 281-330-8004.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Jones

:bong:

FloridaChief
08-30-2005, 07:00 AM
Ohnoes!!! Not negative reputation on Chiefs Planet!

This was just in case you missed the "Remember what we have in Priest Holmes" thread that got bumped for no good reason.

Anyone here who posts on CP doesn't need to be reminded of sh** like that. It's not like hyping Johnson here will somehow miraculously make the Chiefs start him. Priest will be the #1 this season and, if he doesn't retire, next season too.

Keep F***-in doubting Mike Jones.

You're a little bit of allright....

HemiEd
08-30-2005, 07:52 AM
I think Mike Jones is the dude that hit the last second shot against KU for the Shockers down at the battle of New Orleans. 1981 :D

htismaqe
08-30-2005, 08:20 AM

Yep.

Those of us that saw alot of LJ his senior year at Penn State knew he was special.