PDA

View Full Version : Well, we might as well forget about Rolle or Johnson now!

bricks
12-14-2004, 12:38 AM
Realistically, and honestly I'm rooting for Ahmad Brooks or David Pollack. Can we agree?

cdcox
12-14-2004, 12:39 AM
Who?

Ugly Duck
12-14-2004, 12:44 AM
Realistically, and honestly I'm rooting for Ahmad Brooks or David Pollack. Can we agree?I dunno.... you could probably still get RB Jesse Lumsden of McMaster Junior College picking that late in Round 1.

HolmeZz
12-14-2004, 12:45 AM
Don't want Pollack. Allen's our young pass-rushing end. I'd love Brooks though.

David.
12-14-2004, 12:47 AM
How do you guys know? For all we know, Rolle or Johnson may run a 4.9 40 and fall in the draft. I think it's a bit too early to be predicting our draft just yet.

The Bad Guy
12-14-2004, 12:49 AM
I just hope these wins don't cloud anyone's judgement in the offseason.

The Titans 2nd string QB and a former college QB tore our defense a new ass tonight.

bricks
12-14-2004, 12:52 AM
I think it's pretty clear our pass defense sucks cause #1 we don't pressure the QB enough, therefore, another DE with pass rushing ability could help. And, another cover corner also. With the addition of a ball hawking safety.

Spicy McHaggis
12-14-2004, 12:53 AM
Brooks is definately more of a risk than DJ. I've only seen him play two or three times and he looked good then. He is a physical freak though and I wouldn't mind seeing him in the Red and Gold.

tk13
12-14-2004, 12:54 AM
We could always trade Larry Johnson and our first with the Dolphins and move up to the 2nd pick in the draft... :)

bricks
12-14-2004, 12:55 AM
We could always trade Larry Johnson and our first with the Dolphins and move up to the 2nd pick in the draft... :)

I think they'll ask for more than that. Seriously.

|Zach|
12-14-2004, 12:56 AM
I think it's pretty clear our pass defense sucks cause #1 we don't pressure the QB enough, therefore, another DE with pass rushing ability could help. And, another cover corner also. With the addition of a ball hawking safety.
Did you watch the QB pressure tonight??

The Bad Guy
12-14-2004, 12:57 AM
Our defense sucks because we don't have any LBs worth a damn and our secondary could be the worst in the NFL.

Ugly Duck
12-14-2004, 12:59 AM
The Top 15 Prospects from Great Blue North:

1. Matt Leinart.............QB 6-5, 220 Southern California
2. Cedric Benson...........RB 6-0, 220 Texas
3. *Aaron Rodgers.........QB 6-2, 210 California
4. Braylon Edwards........WR 6-3, 205 Michigan
5. Antrel Rolle...............CB 6-1, 200 Miami
6. *Mathias Kiwanuka.....DE 6-8, 250 Boston College
7. Carnell Williams..........RB 5-11, 205 Auburn (X)
8. *Rodrique Wright.......DT 6-5, 320 Texas
9. Mike Williams............WR 6-4, 230 Southern California
10. Marlin Jackson...........CB 6-1, 200 Michigan (O)
11. Erasmus James..........DE 6-4, 260 Wisconsin
12. *Ahmad Brooks..........LB 6-4, 250 Virginia
13. Alex Barron...............OT 6-6, 310 Florida State
14. *Thomas Davis..........FS 6-1, 220 Georgia
15. Derrick Johnson..........LB 6-4, 220 Texas

http://www.gbnreport.com/2005top100.htm

Ugly Duck
12-14-2004, 01:02 AM
And now.... Mel Kiper's Top 15. Ain't a whole lotta agreement, is there?

1. Cedric Benson Sr. RB Texas
2. Ronnie Brown Sr. RB Auburn
3. Carnell Williams Sr. RB Auburn
4. Mike Williams Jr. WR USC
5. Dan Cody Sr. DT Oklahoma
6. Erasmus James Sr. DE Wisconsin
7. Derrick Johnson Sr. LB Texas
8. Travis Johnson Sr. DT Fla. St.
9. Braylon Edwards Sr. WR Michigan
10. Matt Roth Sr. DE Iowa
11. Antrel Rolle Sr. CB Miami
12. Alex Barron Sr. OT Fla. St.
13. David Pollack Sr. DE Georgia
14. Marcus Spears Sr. DE LSU
15. Shaun Cody Sr. DL USC

http://espn.go.com/melkiper/index.html

bricks
12-14-2004, 01:04 AM
Did you watch the QB pressure tonight??

Yes I did. The only guy I saw with consistent pressure was Allen. Most of the other times we pressured Volek were on blitzes. And, we had man-on man coverage a lot of times, and got beat several times. The pressure was good, but, I'm talking about it coming from our D-lineman more than anything. Let's face it, Sims blows, aside from that 1 sack, he still blows. Dalton was decent. Hicks got a couple of pressures, and was invisible the rest of the way. The d-line isn't good enough, and the corners have to cover better. Why would Gunther have to blitz a lot of the time, and trust Bartee and Warfield on islands? Does that say something about our D-line? Yes. there inconsistent. Get a D-lineman via draft or FA, off-season priority #1.

warpaint99
12-14-2004, 01:08 AM
Pollack is a fish.

Get the d - end from Wisconsin.

or a corner.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 01:09 AM
I just hope these wins don't cloud anyone's judgement in the offseason.

The Titans 2nd string QB and a former college QB tore our defense a new ass tonight.

Applying labels to good players is stupid. Volek's pretty good and Drew Bennett's REALLY good.

HolmeZz
12-14-2004, 01:10 AM
Mel doesn't include underclassmen. He's only got Mike Williams up there because it's a given that he's going pro.

bricks
12-14-2004, 01:10 AM
Pollack is a fish.

Get the d - end from Wisconsin.

or a corner.

Pollack is a fish ROFL . Seriously, though. I wouldn't mind him. He's a hard worker and just loves to play football. A typical NE Patriots type of player.

teedubya
12-14-2004, 01:13 AM
mike williams should be able to join any team as a free agent.

The Bad Guy
12-14-2004, 02:00 AM
Applying labels to good players is stupid. Volek's pretty good and Drew Bennett's REALLY good.

Drew Bennett has been on fire the last 2 weeks, but there's no reason that he should have over 200 yards receiving. None.

Nor should Volek have over 400.

Rationalizing why this defense gave up the amount of yards it did is stupid as well.

oaklandhater
12-14-2004, 02:31 AM
Realistically, and honestly I'm rooting for Ahmad Brooks or David Pollack. Can we agree?

fingers crossed David Pollack

Spicy McHaggis
12-14-2004, 02:46 AM
fingers crossed David Pollack

What I liked about Pollack from the limited time I've seen him is that he doesn't seem to ever give up on a play. I can't stand guys that will just watch something develop rather than keeping on going.

Rausch
12-14-2004, 03:08 AM
I think it's pretty clear our pass defense sucks cause #1 we don't pressure the QB enough

grandllama
12-14-2004, 03:09 AM
come again? ROFL

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 03:12 AM
Drew Bennett has been on fire the last 2 weeks, but there's no reason that he should have over 200 yards receiving. None.

Nor should Volek have over 400.

Rationalizing why this defense gave up the amount of yards it did is stupid as well.

OK I see your point. I thought you were painting them as below average players though.

I don't think below average players would accumulate 500 yards passing and 200 receiving.

Rausch
12-14-2004, 03:16 AM
Our defensive prolbelms are due to A) our Cover Corners, B) Inconsistent play at S, and C) No real MLB...

In that order....

grandllama
12-14-2004, 03:17 AM
Our defensive prolbelms are due to A) our Cover Corners, B) Inconsistent play at S, and C) No real MLB...

In that order....

yep.

tk13
12-14-2004, 03:23 AM

In that order....
If we could get a LDE to rush the passer, we could rush 4 successfully more often and use our LB's in coverage instead of having to blitz like we did in the 2nd half and leaving ourselves wide open to the draws and screens. Just have to go pick one off the "10 sack, run stuffing DE" tree in the offseason, easy enough. :)

Rausch
12-14-2004, 03:26 AM
If we could get a LDE to rush the passer, we could rush 4 successfully more often and use our LB's in coverage instead of having to blitz like we did in the 2nd half and leaving ourselves wide open to the draws and screens. Just have to go pick one off the "10 sack, run stuffing DE" tree in the offseason, easy enough. :)

Or, if we had a LB that actually could RUSH THE ****ING PASSER AND GET THERE it wouldn't matter.

But we don't.

Two defensive coordinators and 32 pts per game still can't make one DT.... :(

tk13
12-14-2004, 03:31 AM
Or, if we had a LB that actually could RUSH THE ****ING PASSER AND GET THERE it wouldn't matter.

But we don't.

Two defensive coordinators and 32 pts per game still can't make one DT.... :(
Well that's true too. I know we need a CB, that was the one position I'd hoped we would've gone after in FA last year but we didn't. That isn't going to change this offseason. I'd like somebody with experience too. There are a couple-three nice rookie corners coming out apparently but I have my fears putting a rookie corner out there to hold his own while having to adjust to NFL-speed recievers and quite possibly the more "touchy" contact rules. You get a good young OLB out there and Gunther can just tell him "Go. Kill the QB." and he can go do that.

yoswif
12-14-2004, 06:39 AM
Chiefs LBs don't get to the QB and Chiefs CBs can't cover. Looks like there's better depth at CB than LB in the '05' draft. I like LB Brooks in the first and CB Perkins (OK) in the second.

Saulbadguy
12-14-2004, 06:58 AM
Braylon Edwards

Garcia Bronco
12-14-2004, 07:24 AM

Has Brooks said that he's going in the draft?!

Chiefnj
12-14-2004, 08:52 AM
Even if the Chiefs had a top 6 or 7 pick you know they would have taken Alex Barron anyway.

I'm on the Georgia and Michigan draft wagon - Pollack, Edwards or Jackson; hell I'm even open to Davis.

bricks
12-14-2004, 08:57 AM
What I liked about Pollack from the limited time I've seen him is that he doesn't seem to ever give up on a play. I can't stand guys that will just watch something develop rather than keeping on going.

that's the main reason why I wouldn't mind if KC drafted the guy. He's gotta motor that never stops. Much like Jared Allen. we could use another one of those. And cut those no good Hicks and Holliday.

oaklandhater
12-14-2004, 10:50 PM

He reminds me of the Anti bartee and thats just what this team needs id rather we go get the Waterboy and make him Play Cb then see Bartee name on our depth chart next sunday

Alphaman
12-15-2004, 06:39 AM
And now.... Mel Kiper's Top 15. Ain't a whole lotta agreement, is there?

1. Cedric Benson Sr. RB Texas
2. Ronnie Brown Sr. RB Auburn
3. Carnell Williams Sr. RB Auburn
4. Mike Williams Jr. WR USC
5. Dan Cody Sr. DT Oklahoma
6. Erasmus James Sr. DE Wisconsin
7. Derrick Johnson Sr. LB Texas
8. Travis Johnson Sr. DT Fla. St.
9. Braylon Edwards Sr. WR Michigan
10. Matt Roth Sr. DE Iowa
11. Antrel Rolle Sr. CB Miami
12. Alex Barron Sr. OT Fla. St.
13. David Pollack Sr. DE Georgia
14. Marcus Spears Sr. DE LSU
15. Shaun Cody Sr. DL USC

http://espn.go.com/melkiper/index.html

Kiper doesn't include any undersclassment yet.

Alphaman
12-15-2004, 06:45 AM
Well that's true too. I know we need a CB, that was the one position I'd hoped we would've gone after in FA last year but we didn't. That isn't going to change this offseason. I'd like somebody with experience too. There are a couple-three nice rookie corners coming out apparently but I have my fears putting a rookie corner out there to hold his own while having to adjust to NFL-speed recievers and quite possibly the more "touchy" contact rules. You get a good young OLB out there and Gunther can just tell him "Go. Kill the QB." and he can go do that.

We really have to get a starting CB and a nickel. McCleon and Bartee both must go (unless we move Bartee to safety). Therefore, we'll need a free agent CB as well as a CB in the 1st or 2nd round.

The other 1st/2nd round pick must either be a LB that can start immediately or a DE that can start immediately. If we can't get Howard or Abraham, we need to get 2 LBs in FA and take a DE in the 1st. If we get one of those guys, we can get a DE depth later in the draft and take a LB (Brooks).

Hoover
12-15-2004, 08:21 AM
If the Chief have the 15th pick or better I think we will have a shot at Derrick Johnson, I can't see a LB going in the top 10.

Saulbadguy
12-15-2004, 08:30 AM
If the Chief have the 15th pick or better I think we will have a shot at Derrick Johnson, I can't see a LB going in the top 10.
Wrong.

Hoover
12-15-2004, 08:58 AM
Wrong.
We will see.

ROYC75
12-15-2004, 08:59 AM
Unless Carl is willing to make a draft day trade ( which is scary ), this may be true.

1st things 1st, let's address all we can in FA.......then go draft.

CB ( 2 ) ... Honestly, we need 2 good ones,an true 1 and 2 then move Warfield to nickel.

LB's ... we can still use help in this area

LDE .... another pass rusher would help the corners alot.

OL .... we need more talent here to take over some day.

The fact that we have DV & CP, spending $$$ on FA and weak draft picking, we will still have the same problems next year.

philfree
12-15-2004, 12:10 PM
FWIW
Scouts,inc top 32

1. Aaron Rodgers qb jr Cal
2. Matt Leinart qb jr usc
3.D'Brickshaw Ferguson ot jr Virginia
4. Cedric Benson rb sr Tx
5. Braylon Edwards wr sr Mich
6. Mike Williams wr jr USC
7. CArnell Williams rb sr Auburn
8. Antrel Rolle cb sr Miami
9. Derrick Johnson ilb jr Virginia
10. Ronnie Brown rb sr auburn
11. Ahmad Brooks ilb jr Virginia
12. Travis Johnson dt sr Fla
13. David Pollack de sr Georgia
14. Erasmus James de sr Wisconsin
15. Alex Barron ot sr FlaState
16. Mathias Kiwanuka de jr BC
17. Thomas Davis S jr Georgia
18. Adam Jones cb jr W Virginia
19. Dan Cody de sr OK
20. DeAngelo Williams RB jr Memphis
21. Channing Crowder olb so* Florida
22. Marlin Jackson cb sr Mich
23. Matt Roth de sr Iowa
24. Carlos Rogers cb sr Auburn
25. Rodrique Wright dt jr Tx
26. Elton Brown og sr Virginia
27. Mark Clayton wr sr OK
28. Heath Miller te jr Viginia
29. Marcus Spears de sr LSU
30. Jammal Brown ot sr OK
31. Corey Webster cb sr LSU
32. Justin Miller cb jr Clemson

*Note: Crowder is a true Sop.but he's been out of HS three years.
----------------

The way these guys have them ranked I don't think winning games is gonna be our ruin in the 2005 draft.

PhilFree :arrow:

Calcountry
12-15-2004, 01:11 PM
They definitely need a RB, but that would be a risky move.

Holmes has maybe one more year. We have to keep LJ IMO.

ck_IN
12-15-2004, 01:18 PM
It'll probably be Clayton around the 12 spot. He's a late 20's value but he's a WR and it'd be just like CP/DV to draft a position that isn't a priority and do it a dozen places higher than the talent warrants.

Chiefnj
12-15-2004, 01:25 PM
It'll probably be Clayton around the 12 spot. He's a late 20's value but he's a WR and it'd be just like CP/DV to draft a position that isn't a priority and do it a dozen places higher than the talent warrants.

He has something no other WR on the Chiefs has - great hands. He's actually a DV/AS dream player; compact, quick reflex guy.

ck_IN
12-15-2004, 01:36 PM
<i>He has something no other WR on the Chiefs has - great hands. He's actually a DV/AS dream player; compact, quick reflex guy.</i>

I'm not knocking the guy but with this defense drafting a WR would be incredibly stupid unless he was simply head and shoulders better then any defensive player on the board. Clayton should make a good WR for somebody but for us he'd be a luxury.

Chiefnj
12-15-2004, 01:47 PM
I'd take Braylon Edwards in the first round and not think twice about it.

I think the best course of action would be for KC to pur$ue (heavily and strongly) Ken Lucas and Edgerton Hartwell in free agency and possibly Donovan Darius.