PDA

View Full Version : Screw Gunther

the Talking Can
12-14-2004, 01:07 AM
His defense is worse than Robinson's.

How many times did he blitz tonight and give up a huge pass? The whole stadium sees it coming.

Just terrible. His coaching and D calls have been terrible.

I'm venting, and I'm sure he'll be better with better players...but he gets an F for this year and a F+ for this game.

Predictable. That one word sums up his "game plan."

(i really am happy we won, I'm just tired of watching our players run into the line of scrimmage while a back up QB throws 50 yard bombs over Bartee in single coverage. That's the equivelant of giving up, imho)

Sure-Oz
12-14-2004, 01:08 AM
We don't have playmakers, period.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 01:08 AM
Gunther's scheme has improved the run D but overexposed our defensive backs.

The truth is no NFL coordinator could field a good D with these players. Robinson's marginal success last year was due to facing crappy offenses with young/bad QBs.

bricks
12-14-2004, 01:12 AM

That pretty much sums it up :thumb:

Taco John
12-14-2004, 01:13 AM

Hey, quit stealing my smack from last year, unless you're willing to preface it with, "Taco was right, ..."

|Zach|
12-14-2004, 01:14 AM
Screw The BR0NCOS!

Deberg_1990
12-14-2004, 01:15 AM

How many times did he blitz tonight and give up a huge pass? The whole stadium sees it coming.

I'm venting, and I'm sure he'll be better with better players...but he gets an F for this year and a F+ for this game.

(i really am happy we won, I'm just tired of watching our players run into the line of scrimmage while a back up QB throws 50 yard bombs over Bartee in single coverage. That's the equivelant of giving up, imho)

Gunther is calling all the right plays and formations. The players just are not executing....they suck...HARD! Seriously, i want all of our DB's gone next year except Harts and Wesley..and even Wesley is not that great.

Logical
12-14-2004, 01:16 AM

The truth is no NFL coordinator could field a good D with these players. Robinson's marginal success last year was due to facing crappy offenses with young/bad QBs.

You mean like Volek tonight. We had no success tonight defensively against a young/bad QB.:hmmm:

stevieray
12-14-2004, 01:16 AM
Hey, quit stealing my smack from last year, unless you're willing to preface it with, "Taco was right, ..."

You're a tard.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 01:18 AM
You mean like Volek tonight. We had no success tonight defensively against a young/bad QB.:hmmm:

Volek is not bad, and he has more experience than some of the QBs we faced last year that stunk it up.

Volek had to deal with alot of pressure and still delivered the ball accurately.

tk13
12-14-2004, 01:37 AM
The way Gunther's talking on this interview with Bob Gretz after the game, he chewed some ass again at halftime this week...

Overally, he still sounds pretty frustrated to me though... says he switched some things up in the 2nd half that worked better... he knew eventually they were going to counter with that big screen. Said he thought the guys did a better job in practice of understanding the concepts he knew they'd be facing from the Titans, like their WR's running pick routes (like Bennett's long TD across the middle where Bartee got blocked off), but they didn't always execute...

2bikemike
12-14-2004, 01:41 AM
Even though our defense sucks just as much this year as last I am still glad we have Gun. I think our front line is playing better. Hopefully we can build on that and aquire a few good players in the secondary and we sure could use a damn good LB. One more stud lineman and we will see some improvement.

I also think we are seeing signs of deterioration in the offense. Hopefully we can get some of the young guys to step up next year.

cdcox
12-14-2004, 01:41 AM
You're a tard.

Give Taco a break. He is just upset that the Titans have two qbs better than anyone they can put on the field.

Logical
12-14-2004, 01:52 AM
Volek is not bad, and he has more experience than some of the QBs we faced last year that stunk it up.

Volek had to deal with alot of pressure and still delivered the ball accurately.

Really which ones last year were younger/more inexperienced?

The Bad Guy
12-14-2004, 01:58 AM
I hope they cut every defensive player except Allen, Dalton, Sims and Fujita.

Everyone else is just an embarrasment.

Taco John
12-14-2004, 02:05 AM
You're a tard.

I'm a right tard...

Rausch
12-14-2004, 02:07 AM
I'm a right tard...

****ing conservatives...

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 02:09 AM
Really which ones last year were younger/more inexperienced?

It's too easy...

Brees
Carr
Boller
Tuiasosopo
Harrington
Grossman

We also faced some BAD QBs, regardless of age:

Bledsoe
Holcomb

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 02:10 AM
I hope they cut every defensive player except Allen, Dalton, Sims and Fujita.

Everyone else is just an embarrasment.

You don't think Warfield would make a good #2 corner?

I think Wesley would be a good strong safety if he wasn't being asked to compensate for five other guys sucking...

The Bad Guy
12-14-2004, 02:11 AM
I'm a right tard...

What do you think you invented the wheel by saying our defensive players sucked last year?

BTW, is that Barry Sanders in your sig? It has to be because man he sure moves his hips the same way that Sanders did.

Taco John
12-14-2004, 02:13 AM
What do you think you invented the wheel by saying our defensive players sucked last year?

BTW, is that Barry Sanders in your sig? It has to be because man he sure moves his hips the same way that Sanders did.

No he doesn't. Daiper Boy looks more like a Hershell Walker type. I thought you said you knew your ball?

The Bad Guy
12-14-2004, 02:13 AM
You don't think Warfield would make a good #2 corner?

I think Wesley would be a good strong safety if he wasn't being asked to compensate for five other guys sucking...

Actually, no I don't.

Warfield gets beaten constantly as does Bartee. Warfield made some plays earlier in the year, but he hasn't made many since.

I don't think Warfield will ever be good. He isn't horrible, but he will never be good because he just doesn't have the talent to play the position consistently. He has breakdowns all the time and gets flustered by bad plays.

I'd really like to see the Chiefs replace both Bartee and Warfield and get 2 corners who know how to cover someone but I doubt it will happen.

The Bad Guy
12-14-2004, 02:15 AM
No he doesn't. Daiper Boy looks more like a Hershell Walker type. I thought you said you knew your ball?

I know football. I just wanted to make sure because it's late here on the East Coast and my eyes are barely open. I thought the way his hips were angled it looked like Barry. My bad.

Rausch
12-14-2004, 02:16 AM
No he doesn't. Daiper Boy looks more like a Hershell Walker type.

Uh, he actually does. And by that I don't mean bust, I mean running style...

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 02:16 AM

Yeah, LJ looks nothing like Sanders.

Kawika Mitchell on the other hand...

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/TNMH112121401_1024x768.jpg

grandllama
12-14-2004, 02:39 AM
Here's what I've been seeing... we get a sack... all fine and good... but the d gets an ego afterwords... what is the next call? a f*cking draw.... we over pursue and get our asses handed to us...

everytime tonight after a sack the very next call was a draw.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 02:41 AM
Here's what I've been seeing... we get a sack... all fine and good... but the d gets an ego afterwords... what is the next call? a f*cking draw.... we over pursue and get our asses handed to us...

everytime tonight after a sack the very next call was a draw.

Not always but we gave up the draw, a screen and a big passing play. Shitty.

Second and long used to be turnover time for Gunther's D.

Rausch
12-14-2004, 03:05 AM

http://my.aptrick.com/modules/gallery/albums/album01/retard.jpg

Coach
12-14-2004, 03:10 AM
Let me see if I have this right. Is Guinta still coaching our DB's? If so, could it be possible that he might be the problem? Remember, he was considered as a defensive coordinator job.

Either way, I would love to see this assclown gone as well with some of those players as well.

NewChief
12-14-2004, 06:14 AM

He did make some accurate throws under pressure, but he also threw up some ducks that should have been INTs with a halfway decent D. There were at least three throws that should have been picked but instead went for long gains. At least one of those could have been returned for a TD (the underthrown TD pass that quacked the whole way into the end zone).

I do agree with Can that Gunther did nothing to stop that stupid keeper play. After the 5th time it was pretty obvious that Volek was making absolutely blind throws to his hot read on that play every single time. We should have been able to throw someone on the hot read and come down with an INT that should be returned for a TD.

the Talking Can
12-14-2004, 06:54 AM
look people, I understand (and said) that Gun needs new players....but he has been as stubborn in his own way as GR....playing Bartee in man coverage all night (all season) is every bit as dumb as GR's spinner package....he can't adapt or compromise his stupid ego...our players are every bit as confused with Gun as with GR (and have said so)...Gun's job was to make a terrible defense into a bad one, and he hasn't

Demonpenz
12-14-2004, 06:57 AM
kris wilson looked good out there

Rukdafaidas
12-14-2004, 08:29 AM
I think my friend said it right last night. Last year, our terrible run D, hid the fact that the Chiefs have a terrible pass D. Why would teams throw against us last year when they could get 13 yards a pop running the ball.
Gunther comes in determined to stop the run and has been pretty successful. But we find out just how bad our pass D is in the process.
As far as the blitz goes, I noticed early on this season that when we don't blitz, our pass D gets destroyed....every damn time. Gun has no choice but to hope they can get to the QB.

ROYC75
12-14-2004, 08:33 AM

This is the damn near the smartest post I think I have ever seen you make when it comes to football.....

What killed it was the improved run D..... it is only marginal due to teams choosing to pass more on us.