PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen

the Talking Can
12-14-2004, 09:26 AM
I think he now has 9 sacks, an he didn't even start the first few games.

He's about 10th in the league in sacks.

Is he now officialy the steal of the draft?

Raiderhater
12-14-2004, 09:38 AM
Is he now officialy the steal of the draft?

Quite possibly. I pray that he is not just a flash in the pan, because if he isn't, we have some good things to look forward to defensively.

Ultra Peanut
12-14-2004, 09:39 AM
I still want to see the preseason electroslap celebration again. ROFL

Demonpenz
12-14-2004, 09:40 AM
his numbers are going to go down next year because teams have already started to block him with a rb and OT, or TE or a OT

Saulbadguy
12-14-2004, 09:40 AM
Same here. Its a shame they fined him for it.

FYI he has 8 sacks officially. Probably 10 if they weren't wiped out by stupid penalties.

the Talking Can
12-14-2004, 09:41 AM

I agree, if you get sacks you can dance like a moron if you want to....

ct
12-14-2004, 09:41 AM
He's got to work on his run D responsibilities, but this kid has got some tools to work with. He just might be our starting DE next year, although I'd prefer to find a tough SOB QB crusher and vs. the run, then use Allen as our #1 depth guy, but we'll see. We need CB and MLB much worse, probably SS and OLB as well.

the Talking Can
12-14-2004, 09:42 AM
Same here. Its a shame they fined him for it.

FYI he has 8 sacks officially. Probably 10 if they weren't wiped out by stupid penalties.

I don't think that includes last night's sack.

Chiefnj
12-14-2004, 09:43 AM
He should have had another sack but Bartee got flagged for hands to the face or something. Damn Him!!

I also saw Allen getting double teamed a few times; for real. Not those imaginary double and triple teams that people credit Sims for drawing.

Speaking of Sims, his new name should be Flounder for the way he flounders around on his belly on a large % of plays.

Bob Dole
12-14-2004, 09:43 AM
Quite possibly. I pray that he is not just a flash in the pan, because if he isn't, we have some good things to look forward to defensively.

"Good things," plural?

What else?

morphius
12-14-2004, 09:44 AM
Him and Dalton are the only two guys I even like on this D right now.

the Talking Can
12-14-2004, 09:47 AM

yup...imho, every other player on this team is worse than last year, and that is saying something

Sims should be embarassed that a street FA is playing better, but you know he isn't....worthless fat piece of crap

JimNasium
12-14-2004, 09:49 AM
What I like most about Jared Allen is that fact that he is a wild man from the hills. You've just gotta love that.

Radar Chief
12-14-2004, 09:50 AM
I don't think that includes last night's sack.

That first half sack was a gift. He came through the line completely unblocked.
But I’m not complaining though, at least he knows how to defend the bootleg.

Iowanian
12-14-2004, 09:50 AM
I'm an Allen Fan.........He was a great pick in the 4th, even if he only was the long snapper. A good, value-Risk in the 4th.

I think he'll get 10-11 sacks this season. I think if he ads 10-15lbs of muscle in the offseason...he's a probowl DE.

I'm a fan of the pimp-slap dance for a sack........The NFL wasn't.

Bob Dole
12-14-2004, 09:55 AM
That first half sack was a gift. He came through the line completely unblocked.

The fact that he actually moved forward and took advantage of the lack of blocking puts him about 3 notches higher than anyone else on our efense.

Radar Chief
12-14-2004, 09:58 AM
The fact that he actually moved forward and took advantage of the lack of blocking puts him about 3 notches higher than anyone else on our efense.

True enough, and I’m not complaining. He did actually have enough speed to get to the QB, after all.

KCTitus
12-14-2004, 10:09 AM
This thread might help:

http://67.18.68.69/BB/showthread.php?t=88659

My personal favorite quote:
That is awesome we drafted a DE that is slower and weaker than my sorry old ass....Wow this kid has a real future.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 10:14 AM
What I like best about Allen is that his pass rush isnt just about running around a guy. He uses leverage and agility after his initial push or burst is over/nullified.

NewChief
12-14-2004, 10:19 AM
This thread might help:

http://67.18.68.69/BB/showthread.php?t=88659

My personal favorite quote:

All hail the powers of the archivist! Even without the search feature he can use ill-concieved posts from members' pasts to haunt and humiliate them.

HC_Chief
12-14-2004, 10:26 AM
Just proves the most important aspect of a player's profile is unmeasurable: desire. He may not have had the greatest workout numbers, but the dude busts ass on every play. He <i>wants</i> to make plays... thus, he is successful. We need a guy like him at LB, S and CB.

Chiefnj
12-14-2004, 10:41 AM
Glad to see I wasn't on that thread. I always liked the pick. Entering the 2004 season, the Chiefs did not have a reliable pass rushing DE. Nothing wrong with drafting a guy (especially on day 2) who has proven in college he can get after the QB, even if he is from a small school and even if his bench numbers aren't great.

It goes to the debate of - do you draft players who played well in college or who put up big workout numbers. Pollack has played well for Georgia, but I'm sure there will be other DE's who run faster at the workouts. It'll be interesting to see how things shake up.

I wonder what Bennett ran at the combine.

Radar Chief
12-14-2004, 10:42 AM
All hail the powers of the archivist! Even without the search feature he can use ill-concieved posts from members' pasts to haunt and humiliate them.

:titus: That’s why he’s got his own smiley. ;)

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 10:42 AM
I wonder what Bennett ran at the combine.

4.62 according to couchscout.com

40 times are so overrated

Duck Dog
12-14-2004, 10:43 AM
Jared Allen is the only bright spot on that D. Warfield is a distant 2nd.

If Burntee is still on the roster next season, I will personaly pull what is left of CP's hair out.

Actually the D line got some good pushes up the middle. But without any LB'ers to fill the gaps, anyone can run on us.

Chiefnj
12-14-2004, 10:55 AM
4.62 according to couchscout.com

40 times are so overrated

That was quick. Thanks.

For a 4.62 he sure left KC's entire secondary in the dust. Game speed.

Pitt Gorilla
12-14-2004, 11:01 AM
It's amazing how quickly people rush to judgement. The guy hadn't even played a regular season snap, and posters were tearing him apart. I guess it's what the Planet does.

bricks
12-14-2004, 11:02 AM

they're the only 2 guys on our D-line that are worth a damn. hicks, and Sims just flat out suck. i say sign Micheal Strahan this off-season. seriously, I'm not joking. And start Siavii the rest of the way for this season. it seems when Siavii is in there, something transpires. Imagine if the Chiefs D-line had almost, if not, practically every guy required a double team? we'd definately be on to something.

Chiefnj
12-14-2004, 11:05 AM
Since when is Strahan a free agent???

Giants, Strahan Agree to 7-Year Deal
by Michael Eisen, Giants.com

September 2, 2002

East Rutherford, N.J. - It is the proverbial good deal for both sides.

Michael Strahan wanted to remain with the Giants for the remainder of his career. The Giants wanted salary cap relief, particularly in 2003 and beyond. Both parties achieved their goals in the six-year contract extension the two sides agreed to today.

Including the re-working of this year's pact, Strahan, who set an NFL single-season record with 22.5 sacks in 2001, now has a seven-year, $46 million contract. The contract includes a signing bonus of $6.4 million - $2.9 million in new money, and $3.5 million from his original 2002 salary of $8 million. Strahan's salary this season is now $4.5 million. Strahan will receive $9 million in guaranteed base salaries for the 2003 and 2004 seasons.

The Giants will save in excess of $1 million on this year's cap, giving them room to operate should they need to sign a veteran player. Strahan's 2003 cap figure will be $4.2 million, which will give the Giants flexibility.

"I'm very happy to be in New York, I'm very happy I'm going to stay here," said Strahan, who will begin his 10th season with the Giants Thursday night when they host San Francisco in a nationally-televised game. "I think it's great that this is where I started my career, and this is probably where I'll finish my career. I'm excited about being part of this team and helping this team get back to the Super Bowl.

bricks
12-14-2004, 11:08 AM
Oops. well my bad. I seen here on this bb last night, a few here said he was a FA :shrug: I guess not eh? Oh well. Wishful thinking.

bringbackmarty
12-14-2004, 11:27 AM
Allen was great last night, like he has been all season. The other guy whom I felt was being extremely disruptive, and got great push almost every play was dalton. He reminded me of a shorter fatter warren sapp. He was great. I hope he does as good against the greasy shirted nags from the mountains.

RINGLEADER
12-14-2004, 11:36 AM
He should have had another sack but Bartee got flagged for hands to the face or something. Damn Him!!

I also saw Allen getting double teamed a few times; for real. Not those imaginary double and triple teams that people credit Sims for drawing.

Speaking of Sims, his new name should be Flounder for the way he flounders around on his belly on a large % of plays.

No doubt.

Sims is good for 2-3 really great plays a game but then pretty much isn't a factor the rest of the time. Maybe we can trade for Julius Peppers so he can look like he did at North Carolina again.

RINGLEADER
12-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Imagine how good Jared Allen would be with another big-time pass rusher - or even an average pass rusher, for that matter - on the other side instead of, ahem, Eric Hicks.

philfree
12-14-2004, 11:40 AM
If Allen keeps it up and gets off to a good start next season I'm gonna make him my next defensive player jersey. I suspect 69 could become a popular jersey number to wear.

PhilFree :arrow:

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 11:50 AM
I agree, if you get sacks you can dance like a moron if you want to....
Wasn't that a song?

You can dance if you want to....

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 11:51 AM

How many times has Bartee been flagged for chuck to the head.

His press coverage really sucks.

:shake:

Iowanian
12-14-2004, 11:58 AM
How many times has Bartee been flagged for chuck to the head.

His press coverage really sucks.

:shake:

Almost as many as Battle.

Son of Logical
12-14-2004, 12:06 PM
This is the first game in a long time I payed attention to how Bartee played, and I actually believe he can not turn his head. There was a bunch of times he was in position to make the play, and just didn't look for the ball. I was cussing up a storm, about that sob.