PDA

View Full Version : Evaluate Young Players/Hope for High Draft Choice

jiveturkey
12-14-2004, 10:08 AM
I've been reading a lot of threads that seem to hope for continued failure and a high draft choice. I am also seeing that people want to see what the young players can do (I'm one of these people). Does the high draft pick camp also want to see the young guys fail?

The schedule leads me to believe that another win or two is very possible and the likely draft position is somewhere near 16.

NY CHIEF
12-14-2004, 10:54 AM
:hmmm: It would be nice to win out and let the kids play(scanlon ,fox parker, jr, sampson ! Lets see who can play now rather than during training camp. We can cut our losses sooner and not wait :thumb:

philfree
12-14-2004, 11:01 AM
:hmmm: It would be nice to win out and let the kids play(scanlon ,fox parker, jr, sampson ! Lets see who can play now rather than during training camp. We can cut our losses sooner and not wait :thumb:

Jordan Black seemed to do alright last night. No penalties on him I don't think and no sacks given up. He get's a big ATTABOY! :clap:

PhilFree :arrow:

Chiefnj
The best situation would be for the young guys to play and win. You need to develop your own draft picks to win in todays NFL.

Earned a spot for '05
Allen
Dalton
Beisel
Warfield

Stays on the roster in hopes they continue to improve in '05
Siavii
Fujita
Sapp

Stays because they are a veteran backup and valuable in rotation
Browning
Maz (if healthy)
Sims (but my patience has run out with him)
Wesley

The rest of the team I'm fairly ambivalent about and could care less if they return.

BigChiefFan
:hmmm: It would be nice to win out and let the kids play(scanlon ,fox parker, jr, sampson ! Lets see who can play now rather than during training camp. We can cut our losses sooner and not wait :thumb:Agreed. We need to cut our losses and evaluate talent NOW!!! Blaylock is a FA and LJ is signed . This is a no-brainer, we should be coaching the young players.

shaneo69
12-14-2004, 11:11 AM
I've been reading a lot of threads that seem to hope for continued failure and a high draft choice. I am also seeing that people want to see what the young players can do (I'm one of these people). Does the high draft pick camp also want to see the young guys fail?

The schedule leads me to believe that another win or two is very possible and the likely draft position is somewhere near 16.

You can put me in that category of people who, if the playoffs are out of reach, would rather have a 5-11 record and a top 5 pick than an 8-8 season with the 16th or 17th pick.

I also want to see the young guys play, and I was happy that LJ, Black, Allen, Pile, and Harts all played well. But I wouldn't have minded if the T-Rich fumble and Bartee's ineptness had cost us the game.

OTOH, I hate Denver with a passion and never want to lose to those fuggers, so I will be rooting for the Chiefs this Sunday to kill their playoff hopes.