PDA

View Full Version : Plummer's Passion Plays

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 12:27 PM
Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) teammates quick to support quarterback after incident

By Bill Williamson
Denver Post Staff Writer

No one in the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) organization is condoning Jake Plummer's actions Sunday in response to a heckling fan, but no one is condemning him.

With assurances from a contrite Plummer that he will not behave that way again, the team is moving on and chalking up the incident to Plummer being his competitive self - and briefly losing his cool. Many teammates supported Plummer, who was not available for comment Monday, and said they appreciate his intensity.

"Jake is a fiery, competitive guy. That's why he's here, because he wants nothing more than to win football games," defensive lineman Trevor Pryce said. "I mean, look how he looks. He doesn't care about his personal hygiene; he does not care about his haircut or his face or what any of you think. Just know that: He does not care.

"He does not care what anybody else thinks; he wants to win football games, and that's his only motivation. It's not money, it's not girls, not nothing. It is winning football games. Anybody can say anything about him they want, Shannon (Sharpe) can say something, you guys can say something, I can say something. It does not matter to him, and that's why I love him, to tell you the truth."

Plummer made an obscene gesture captured by television cameras after throwing an interception with 6:10 left in the first quarter Sunday of the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons)' 20-17 victory over Miami at Invesco Field at Mile High. Plummer was sitting on the Denver bench wearing a cap when he made the gesture.

Plummer apologized after the game and said the gesture was directed at one fan who was heckling him.

Coach Mike Shanahan said he talked to Plummer after the game and said Plummer apologized to him and owner Pat Bowlen.

The team will not fine Plummer. The NFL had no statement on the incident Monday but began a review. A league spokesman said an announcement of a fine likely will come Friday. First offense fines usually are $5,000.

A CBS spokeswoman said Monday the network didn't have a comment on Plummer's action, only saying, "It's live sports." CBS doesn't have a delay on its NFL coverage, unlike ABC and ESPN, which use a five-second delay.

Denver cornerback Champ Bailey said he doesn't blame Plummer.

"I'm not in Jake's shoes; he has a lot of pressure on him," Bailey said. "As a quarterback in this organization, people are on you. Jake was just frustrated."

Shanahan said his quarterback needs to control his emotions when similar situations arise.

"I think Jake understands this game is very tough on a quarterback," he said. "If you can't handle that type of heat, then usually you don't last very long. I remember times back in the '80s when (the fans) were booing John Elway and asking for Gary Kubiak. You don't think that was tough on John? That was tough on John. It's human nature. It's tough on everybody, but you work your way through it.

"If you are mentally tough enough, you will survive. If not, you acquiesce and you are gone."

Plummer received support around the league Monday. In San Diego, Chargers quarterback Drew Brees said he understands how Plummer reached his boiling point.

"Everyone feels like doing that at times," Brees said. "It's because there is a lot of unfair criticism that goes around, and I think Jake has been getting that a lot lately. Obviously, you can't do that sort of thing, but I think all players can empathize a little bit."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Plummer's passion plays

Kclee
12-14-2004, 12:31 PM
"I mean, look how he looks. He doesn't care about his personal hygiene; he does not care about his haircut or his face or what any of you think. Just know that: He does not care.
[/IMG]

huh?

|Zach|
12-14-2004, 12:32 PM
ROFL

bobbything
12-14-2004, 12:33 PM
I mean, look how he looks. He doesn't care about his personal hygiene
This is the greatest thing I've ever read.

Eleazar
12-14-2004, 12:36 PM
"Competitive" is not how I would describe 6 int's in 2 weeks.

Kclee
12-14-2004, 12:38 PM
I bet that smelly bastard, pumpkin head haircutted, funny faced jake gives Pryce the finger now for those comments.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-14-2004, 12:42 PM
this season has been a PR nightmare for the Broncos

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 01:45 PM
http://img69.exs.cx/img69/1760/PassionoftheChristpostercopy.jpg

Taco John
12-14-2004, 01:57 PM
this season has been a PR nightmare for the Broncs

uhhhh... Really?

How so?

A nightmare? *shrug*

I don't think it could be any more a nightmare than having a Championship calibre offense and a pop warner calibre defense, and doing nothing to change that status, only to throw an entire season of contracts and player vitality down the drain...

Wile_E_Coyote
12-14-2004, 02:05 PM
losing a draft pick for violating the cap rules in thier SB years

getting national attention for chopblocks, labled dirty by players. Having former a player question the way players are taught

Sharpe running his mouth against Plummer

Plummer flipping off fan on national tv

Portis Bailey trade labled the biggest trade in recent NFL history looking rather lackluster

StcChief
12-14-2004, 02:08 PM
That's OK Jake.
We'll see if you raise the bird at Arrowhead this week.

NewChief
12-14-2004, 02:51 PM
"I mean, look how he looks. He doesn't care about his personal hygiene; he does not care about his haircut or his face or what any of you think. Just know that: He does not care.

I predict him and Ricky Williams are going to go on Dead tour together next offseason.

Mile High Mania
12-14-2004, 03:04 PM
He's had a tough run... but, this week he'll get a taste of what every QB wants... the Chiefs' defense.

Plummer might have 1 INT... but, he'll get close to 300 passing and account for 3+ TDs. Bank on it.

Lelie and Rod will have nice afternoons and Droughns should have a very respectable day.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 03:14 PM

stevieray
12-14-2004, 03:38 PM
He's had a tough run... but, this week he'll get a taste of what every QB wants... the Chiefs' defense.

Plummer might have 1 INT... but, he'll get close to 300 passing and account for 3+ TDs. Bank on it.

Lelie and Rod will have nice afternoons and Droughns should have a very respectable day.

Bank on it..... ROFL

high school

Invesco tatds are not only boring, but unimiganitive. blahblahblah....this is exactly why the Invescos have been mediocre since 98. Overplayed and worn out Elway waveriding blinds them from ever being able to admit that Greaseme, Brister, Ferrote, buerline and now Plummint SUCK.

The only consolation they have is to come here and use worn out smack to deflect that they are what they are..mediocre. IF they make it to the playoffs, they once again will get spanked and live off of 'at least we got there." when in reality, they SUCK in the playoffs.

Mile High Mania
12-14-2004, 04:16 PM
Bank on it..... ROFL

high school

Invesco tatds are not only boring, but unimiganitive. blahblahblah....this is exactly why the Invescos have been mediocre since 98. Overplayed and worn out Elway waveriding blinds them from ever being able to admit that Greaseme, Brister, Ferrote, buerline and now Plummint SUCK.

The only consolation they have is to come here and use worn out smack to deflect that they are what they are..mediocre. IF they make it to the playoffs, they once again will get spanked and live off of 'at least we got there." when in reality, they SUCK in the playoffs.

We will see what happens... I am fully aware this is not the 96-98 team that did great things. If KC were to advance and lose in round one ... you guys would think that was still a good thing.... improvement.

It's been only 5 years since Elway left... that's not a long time. Again, I waited longer during the pre-Shanahan Elway era for them to win it all. I have time. Listening to you tell me that my team sucks in the playoffs is funny b/c of all that worn out weak smack that I have about KC in the playoffs.

The only thing similar between our teams is that neither looks like a SB team. The big difference is that DEN can still advance... right now, KC is the masked spoiler from parts unknown hoping to do their part in wrecking other team's hopes since they have none of their own.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 04:29 PM
If KC were to advance and lose in round one ... you guys would think that was still a good thing.... improvement.

It would be absolutely worthless and show most of the rational people around here that KC is still the same bunch of chokers.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2004, 11:44 AM
Did everyone see the Passion of the Plummer? :)

ChiefsCountry
12-15-2004, 12:27 PM
I predict him and Ricky Williams are going to go on Dead tour together next offseason.

In Oakland?

Red Dawg
12-15-2004, 02:22 PM
So Jake has a stinky ass and doesn't care huh? Whatever? He flipped them off because he does care. Furthermore, when everything recently written has been bad, of course he will say that.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2004, 07:43 PM
Plummer's Passion PAYS

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1947233

9.3 million against the cap next year.... ROFL

booger
12-15-2004, 08:11 PM
The thing about Jake is he grows his beard and competes.

Inspector
12-15-2004, 10:26 PM
uhhhh... Really?

How so?

A nightmare? *shrug*

I don't think it could be any more a nightmare than having a Championship calibre offense and a pop warner calibre defense, and doing nothing to change that status, only to throw an entire season of contracts and player vitality down the drain...

Man, this is some excellent smack that you should try to use over and over again - every chance you get.

It will never get old.

Really.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2004, 10:28 PM
Man, this is some excellent smack that you should try to use over and over again - every chance you get.

It will never get old.

Really.

You're talking to a Donk fan. They recycle mullet and camaro smack every year.