PDA

View Full Version : LJ gets his first start ;)

nascher
12-14-2004, 04:14 PM
www.kcchiefs.com

Press Conference

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 04:19 PM
LET THE ERA OF JOHNSON BEGIN

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/51167752.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DE7F9CD95D11365232DF036CC84092AAF3621B2AC3A62513D3

Iowanian
12-14-2004, 04:20 PM
this doesn't help my friggin Playoff game, where Blaylock is replacing Holmes.

el borracho
12-14-2004, 04:20 PM
Good. Now get Wilson and Horn (as the #3) on the field and let's see what we have.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 04:22 PM
Dammit Dick. :shake:

VERMEIL: “We’ve gone to more zone, yeah. We got beat in a zone one time, too. But that happens. The other guys get paid to make a living too. They’re going to make plays. They made the same plays the week before; Bennett made big plays the week before. But we should be better than we are. Let’s not make any excuses.

BigRedChief
12-14-2004, 04:23 PM
DV and Al Sanders had no choice. Lets see what he can do this Sunday. I'd sure like to see him run right over the top of Champ Bailey and scamper in for another 40 yard romp.

Spicy McHaggis
12-14-2004, 04:25 PM
All Hail Larry of Johnson! I'm raising a toast to LJ outrunning DJ Williams for a TD.

chiefsfolife
12-14-2004, 04:44 PM
f#ck champ bailey

StcChief
12-14-2004, 04:47 PM
This is where the rubber meets the road for LJ, you want
to play in NFL, beat a good D with the run.

We got the Oline to help you do it.....

It's all yours.

royr17
12-14-2004, 04:53 PM
To tell you the truth, I like what i see in Larry Johnson the guy I think is gonna be good, I think the only reason he sucked in the beginning was because he was raw when he got into the game, but did anybody hear his post game comments last night about he is very happy with his place in KC and was glad that Carl drafted him.

|Zach|
12-14-2004, 04:54 PM
To tell you the truth, I like what i see in Larry Johnson the guy I think is gonna be good, I think the only reason he sucked in the beginning was because he was raw when he got into the game, but did anybody hear his post game comments last night about he is very happy with his place in KC and was glad that Carl drafted him.
Sucked in the begininning?? When has he sucked?

Hoover
12-14-2004, 05:00 PM
LJ is very loyal to Carl for drafting him

nascher
12-14-2004, 05:02 PM
He never sucked because he never played ;)

Excuse my bad english

Mr. Laz
12-14-2004, 05:21 PM

ya ... and Carl will be here after Dick is gone

The Bad Guy
12-14-2004, 05:27 PM
Dammit Dick. :shake:

VERMEIL: “We’ve gone to more zone, yeah. We got beat in a zone one time, too. But that happens. The other guys get paid to make a living too. They’re going to make plays. They made the same plays the week before; Bennett made big plays the week before. But we should be better than we are. Let’s not make any excuses.

Honestly, I wish Vermeil would just leave.

I'm sick of hearing him talk about other players and say they have to make a living.

Your defenders are paid to stop people, why is that so hard to realize?

Could you imagine Bill Belichick saying this?

Everything Vermeil says is an excuse.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-14-2004, 05:39 PM
LOL!

Watch LJ run 25 times for 45 yards this Sunday and ChiefsPlanet goes on a "Cut him!" rampage after the game.ROFL

I won't be surprised if he has a bad game. He's still basically a rookie, and he's going to miss holes, blocking assignments (please don't get Trent killed), and probably drop some passes. I hope he goes for 200 against the Broncos though, but I won't be disappointed if he doesn't light the world on fire.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 05:46 PM

I'm sick of hearing him talk about other players and say they have to make a living.

Yup...I like how he's totally blowing his QB in this press conference too. A QB who only recently started making plays with the game on the line.

royr17
12-14-2004, 05:55 PM
Hey gochiefs do you have me on block or did you get off i was wanting to talk to you about McCleon, Bartee and Battle.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 05:57 PM
Hey gochiefs do you have me on block or did you get off i was wanting to talk to you about McCleon, Bartee and Battle.

Who are you?

Warrior5
12-14-2004, 06:02 PM
I hope he goes for 200 against the Broncos though, but I won't be disappointed if he doesn't light the world on fire.

I ain't asking him to light the world on fire...just Donkeys.

Logical
12-14-2004, 06:48 PM
Sucked in the begininning?? When has he sucked?

Tampa Bay 10 carries 21 yards, how quickly people forget.

Sure-Oz
12-14-2004, 06:50 PM
Yeah he looked bad in TB, but he was so hesitant, maybe he remembers how to play now. i have a ffl dillema now too many rb's too little spots!!!

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 06:58 PM
f#ck champ bailey
Chomp, Chump Bailey. Beatle Baily or whatever TF.

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 06:59 PM
LJ knows that he will outlive DV by kissing Carl's butt.

Skip Towne
12-14-2004, 06:59 PM
It's a cinch you won't forget. BTW, Priest didn't do squat that day either.

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 07:00 PM

The NFL is not Charity work Dick.

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 07:00 PM
LOL!

Watch LJ run 25 times for 45 yards this Sunday and ChiefsPlanet goes on a "Cut him!" rampage after the game.ROFL

I won't be surprised if he has a bad game. He's still basically a rookie, and he's going to miss holes, blocking assignments (please don't get Trent killed), and probably drop some passes. I hope he goes for 200 against the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) though, but I won't be disappointed if he doesn't light the world on fire.
No, that wouldn't make me want to cut him, it would just mean that the Broncos played good D.

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 07:01 PM
I believe Tampa has a better D than the Tits???

Logical
12-17-2004, 02:53 PM
It's a cinch you won't forget. BTW, Priest didn't do squat that day either.

16 for 59 or 3.7 yards per carry before he got hurt. That is pretty good and much better than LJs 2.1 per carry

Skip Towne
12-17-2004, 02:59 PM
16 for 59 or 3.7 yards per carry before he got hurt. That is pretty good and much better than LJs 2.1 per carry
Priest is a top NFL RB, LJ a rookie in his first game. I realize you will never admit you're wrong even if LJ reaches the HOF.

Iowanian
12-17-2004, 03:01 PM
I don't really like Johnson at this point..........but I hope he runs for 200 yards and 3TDs against the donks.............and Kennison puts up 150.

I hate Denver

morphius
12-17-2004, 03:01 PM
Shall we go back and look at Priest's first three games in KC for a real example?

penchief
12-17-2004, 04:53 PM
LJ knows that he will outlive DV by kissing Carl's butt.

The bottom line is that if LJ turns out to be a great player Vermeil will have been exposed for not putting the best interests of the team over his own prejudice.

LJ's future performance has the potential to put a qood sized chink in Vermeil's image.

Those who say Vermeil is a crotchety old man may be right. Even though I personally love him as a coach I cannot understand his behavior regarding LJ.

It is possible that I could be completely wrong on this. Maybe Vermeil is saying to himself, "If I had been harder on Lawrence Phillips, mabye he would he would have been a great player. Just mabye Vermeil is looking out for LJ. I just don't know.

On the surface I can't understand how Vermeil can be so inconsistent in his evaluation of players. He loves a guy like Lawrence Phillips and dogs a guy that quietly hands the ball to the ref after a long TD run.

Iowanian
12-19-2004, 08:56 PM
I don't really like Johnson at this point..........but I hope he runs for 200 yards and 3TDs against the donks.............and Kennison puts up 150.

I hate Denver

I guess I asked for it.............Johnson put up the buckfiddy I asked for, vs Denver. He can talk like Don King if he wants, as long as he's producing like the past 3 weeks. I'm still not sold, but I've got a number and I'm ready to Bid.

Johnson's Number 1!

philfree
12-19-2004, 09:15 PM
The bottom line is that if LJ turns out to be a great player Vermeil will have been exposed for not putting the best interests of the team over his own prejudice.

LJ's future performance has the potential to put a qood sized chink in Vermeil's image.

Those who say Vermeil is a crotchety old man may be right. Even though I personally love him as a coach I cannot understand his behavior regarding LJ.

It is possible that I could be completely wrong on this. Maybe Vermeil is saying to himself, "If I had been harder on Lawrence Phillips, mabye he would he would have been a great player. Just mabye Vermeil is looking out for LJ. I just don't know.

On the surface I can't understand how Vermeil can be so inconsistent in his evaluation of players. He loves a guy like Lawrence Phillips and dogs a guy that quietly hands the ball to the ref after a long TD run.

So who did DV mis-evaluate? Should have he benched Holmes for LJ? Or should he have benched Blaylock after he rushed for 180+ yards or after he rushed for 4 TDs in a game? Or should he have givin LJ ther nod because he was a 1st round pick?

Maybe just maybe the way DV has handled LJ has contibuted to LJ bustin out when he got the chance?

PhilFree :arrow: