PDA

View Full Version : I have been sitting on a gold mine!!

|Zach|
12-14-2004, 05:44 PM
As the tail end of my semester comes up I have been pretty low on money so I double check my financial situation and I wanted to set aside some money to be sure I would have enough cash to have gas to get home. There is a small box I throw change in so I have money for laundry and stuff like that. There is some thing at the store that you put loose coin in and it gives you cash.

I figured it couldn't hurt to take a little drive and see if I can get a few extra bucks. Looking at the box I figured the most it could have would be 25 dollars. I thought I would be lucky to get that.

After the thing counted up all the money I ended up having 89 dollars! ROFL

I am rich and sick with power from all of the legal tender I have right now!!

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 05:45 PM
Put it in the bank.

|Zach|
12-14-2004, 05:46 PM
Put it in the bank.
With that kind of money banks are going to come to me.

Scorp
12-14-2004, 05:55 PM
With that kind of money banks are going to come to me.

That made me bust out laughing. Thanks Zach. It's been a bad day. :thumb:

|Zach|
12-14-2004, 05:58 PM
That made me bust out laughing. Thanks Zach. It's been a bad day. :thumb:
You were laughing on the outside of crying inside out of jealousy of my riches.

Look folks...don't come around here trying to be my best pal now that I have money. I know who my real friends are.

|Zach|
12-14-2004, 05:59 PM
A Coin Star (http://www.coinstar.com) machine?

I love those things. Every six months or so I dump a bunch of cash in one... and usually blow all 50-60 drinking that night.

It's like the "grownup" version of me selling my textbooks at the end of every semester.
Thats what it was...man I am glad I found out about it.

ChiefsCountry
12-14-2004, 06:03 PM
Change adds up quickly. I need to do that soon, I got a whole pile sitting on my desk. Plus I get to sell my textbooks tommorrow!

4th and Long
12-14-2004, 06:21 PM

My X-Mas bonus at work was 14+ times more than that. :p

:D

KC Dan
12-14-2004, 06:25 PM
SHOW ME DA MONEY!!!!!

KC Dan
12-14-2004, 06:26 PM

Bonus??? WTF is that?

4th and Long
12-14-2004, 06:31 PM
Bonus??? WTF is that?
bo·nus
n. pl. bo·nus·es
1. Something given or paid in addition to what is usual or expected.

(a)A sum of money or an equivalent given to an employee in addition to the employee's usual compensation.
(b)A sum of money in addition to salary that is given to a professional athlete for signing up with a team.

In other words, it's a large check the CEO of the hospital threw at me last week. :D

KC Dan
12-14-2004, 06:31 PM
bo·nus
n. pl. bo·nus·es
1. Something given or paid in addition to what is usual or expected.

(a)A sum of money or an equivalent given to an employee in addition to the employee's usual compensation.
(b)A sum of money in addition to salary that is given to a professional athlete for signing up with a team.

In other words, it's a large check the CEO of the hospital threw at me last week. :D

:thumb: G F U

4th and Long
12-14-2004, 06:33 PM
:thumb: G F U
ROFL

Merry Christmas to you too Dan! :D

KC Dan
12-14-2004, 06:34 PM
ROFL

Merry Christmas to you too Dan! :D
sorry, I meant good for you! The one drawback in typed messages is the misunderstanding.

4th and Long
12-14-2004, 06:35 PM
sorry, I meant good for you! The one drawback in typed messages is the misunderstanding.
I knew what you meant but I was laughing because it also implied Go F Urself as well. ROFL

Demonpenz
12-14-2004, 06:37 PM
look for some jobs down there for me Zach.

KC Dan
12-14-2004, 06:37 PM
I knew what you meant but I was laughing because it also implied Go F Urself as well. ROFL
Yeah, I caught that a little late. I save that for the Donkey fans out there.

4th and Long
12-14-2004, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I caught that a little late. I save that for the Donkey fans out there.
I'll rep ya for that provied you tell me how you cheated and got such a big ass avatar!

KC Dan
12-14-2004, 06:42 PM
I'll rep ya for that provied you tell me how you cheated and got such a big ass avatar!
All I did was take the picture that someone posted (full size) and reduced it with the microslave document imaging program to 200x200 pixels. It did the rest. So, basically I don't have a clue and was a lucky beeotch!

4th and Long
12-14-2004, 06:45 PM
All I did was take the picture that someone posted (full size) and reduced it with the microslave document imaging program to 200x200 pixels. It did the rest. So, basically I don't have a clue and was a lucky beeotch!
:spock:

Not exactly the "secret html trick" I was looking for but what the hell, rep to ya anyway. :D

Skip Towne
12-14-2004, 06:47 PM

Where do you live?

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 06:47 PM
As the tail end of my semester comes up I have been pretty low on money so I double check my financial situation and I wanted to set aside some money to be sure I would have enough cash to have gas to get home. There is a small box I throw change in so I have money for laundry and stuff like that. There is some thing at the store that you put loose coin in and it gives you cash.

I figured it couldn't hurt to take a little drive and see if I can get a few extra bucks. Looking at the box I figured the most it could have would be 25 dollars. I thought I would be lucky to get that.

IF you would have counted and rolled it yourself, you would have about 95 dollars.

Sorry if someone else posted this.

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 06:48 PM
A Coin Star (http://www.coinstar.com) machine?

I love those things. Every six months or so I dump a bunch of cash in one... and usually blow all 50-60 drinking that night.

It's like the "grownup" version of me selling my textbooks at the end of every semester.

Stop the presses, Endelt professes to have grown up.

Iowanian
12-14-2004, 06:49 PM
Bonus??? WTF is that?

I don't know that I've ever had as much, or more than a xmas card from work.

Guess I chose the wrong employers.

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 06:50 PM
Bonus??? WTF is that?
"Tits aren't everything, but they are a nice BONUS "

4th and Long
12-14-2004, 06:50 PM
Where do you live?
:spock:

For some reason, you posing that question scares the bejesus out of me.

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 06:51 PM
I would like to give those girlies in your sig a bonus.

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 06:52 PM
I don't know that I've ever had as much, or more than a xmas card from work.

Guess I chose the wrong employers.
Its a free country. :p

4th and Long
12-14-2004, 06:52 PM
I would like to give those girlies in your sig a bonus.
I'm actually sitting here contemplating new girlies for my sig.

Feel free to use the current girlies for whatever devious purposes you desire.

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 06:53 PM
I'm actually sitting here contemplating new girlies for my sig.

Feel free to use the current girlies for whatever devious purposes you desire.
Naw, I'll just TIVO my favorite News info babe the next time the wife and kids are out of the house.

Sure-Oz
12-14-2004, 06:54 PM
I dug out the change from my cars center console, had 12.72, 8.00 in pennies, score!! thats like 6 years of pennies.

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 06:56 PM
I dug out the change from my cars center console, had 12.72, 8.00 in pennies, score!! thats like 6 years of pennies.
My dad started doing that, saving the change thing, when I was born. By the time I graduated from HS, he had saved enough to buy me a car.

What a nice Dad.

4th and Long
12-14-2004, 06:57 PM
Naw, I'll just TIVO my favorite News info babe the next time the wife and kids are out of the house.
Pardon my ignorance, as I do not keep up with every thread but, "Who Dat Be?" :shrug:

|Zach|
12-14-2004, 07:03 PM
IF you would have counted and rolled it yourself, you would have about 95 dollars.

The time this would have taken and the annoyance was with the 6.

The thing that pisses me off is that my bank doesn't do this.

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 07:07 PM
The time this would have taken and the annoyance was with the 6.

The thing that pisses me off is that my bank doesn't do this.
I need to get me one of these machines. ROFL

David.
12-14-2004, 07:36 PM
well, I sold my textbooks back and made 87.50 I'm ROLLING in dough.

Pants
12-14-2004, 07:41 PM
Just got $40 in Textbook money (a lot of cheap small books), have one big one left and 2 meduim sized ones. Friday I will get even more money.

BTW if you are re-selling an $100 textbook back to the bookstore, don't. DDo that shit over the internet and make $50 more.

gblowfish
12-14-2004, 09:47 PM
The sperm bank will pay you for donations too. And to think, you've probably let thousand of dollars slip right thru your fingers!!!

That's just wrong.
Sorry about that.

|Zach|
12-14-2004, 09:48 PM
The sperm bank will pay you for donations too. And to think, you've probably let thousand of dollars slip right thru your fingers!!!

That's just wrong.
Sorry about that.

Actully I had a bad experience with the night deposit box...

patteeu
12-14-2004, 11:51 PM

No doubt. You have to really value the convenience to use those machines. The cut they take is like highway robbery. I had a gallon jug of coins to count and thought about using one. When I saw the cost (something like 8% at the one I was considering) I decided to count it myself. It came out to over $200. It took me about an hour to save that $16+ so it wasn't really premium pay, but I wasn't going to get payed anything for wasting that hour anyway so to me it was worth it.

LTownChief
12-15-2004, 03:07 AM
oh ya baby, I got a huge beer pitcher full of change plus a piggy bank! I'm going to Vegas for New Years, I'm going to my bank right before I leave and cashing it out! I call it "my trip fund" it got me $300 for spring break and after that is when I started this one! so it's going to be a more than that this time because the $300, I saved my change for it for about 3-4 months, this one is about 6-7 months!

just unaccounted for money sitting right there baby!

|Zach|
12-15-2004, 03:09 AM
oh ya baby, I got a huge beer pitcher full of change plus a piggy bank! I'm going to Vegas for New Years, I'm going to my bank right before I leave and cashing it out! I call it "my trip fund" it got me $300 for spring break and after that is when I started this one! so it's going to be a more than that this time because the $300, I saved my change for it for about 3-4 months, this one is about 6-7 months!

just unaccounted for money sitting right there baby!
That sounds cool...I def underestimated the power of loose change. Have a great time in Vegas. My friends and I are going in May because everyone will finally be 21 by then. I can't wait!

LTownChief
12-15-2004, 03:19 AM
That sounds cool...I def underestimated the power of loose change. Have a great time in Vegas. My friends and I are going in May because everyone will finally be 21 by then. I can't wait!

thanks, this will be my first time going there. can't wait!

badgirl
12-15-2004, 11:55 AM
You were laughing on the outside of crying inside out of jealousy of my riches.

Look folks...don't come around here trying to be my best pal now that I have money. I know who my real friends are.
I didn't want to tell you, but I am your long lost cousin, and I need to borrow ah, around 80.bucks, come visit and have dinner dear old cuz. :)

patteeu
12-15-2004, 04:55 PM
Six dollars?

I don't really consider six bucks that big of a loss.

I hear you, and I suspect you are in the majority on this, but the way I look at it is that it effectively doubles the sales tax on anything I end up buying with that money. Around here, sales taxes are in the neighborhood of 8% and the machine I would use takes 8% off the top. As long as I have the time, I'd rather cut that 16% "tax" in half by counting and rolling my own instead of buying the convenience. Like I said, though, I'm probably in the minority with a few other tightwads.