PDA

View Full Version : FFL: Who to start at RB?

e_train69
12-15-2004, 09:00 AM
I need some other opinions. I've been back and forth on this and it is driving me crazy. I can start 2 of these RB's.

Julius Jones - @Philly
Jamal Lewis - @Indy
Brian Westbrook - Dal
Deuce McCallister - @TB
Chris Brown - @Oak

Jamal Lewis and Chris Brown scare me because of their recent injuries and who knows if they will play the entire game. Plus Jamal playing at Indy may be a non-factor if Indy jumps out to a big lead.

Westbrook may not get a lot of work because they may have homefield clinched by the time they play (if Atlanta gets beat Saturday by Carolina).

Deuce has a tough matchup and has not had the best year.

Jones has a tough matchup and may have to play catch-up.

Any opinions are appreciated.

Hoover
12-15-2004, 09:21 AM
Julius Jones because he's hot and the only thing going in Dallas.

Jamal Lewis because of the matchup

Mile High Mania
12-15-2004, 09:42 AM
In order, I'd go this route...

Brian Westbrook - Dal
Yes, I'd start him in a heartbeat against that Dallas defense. The game is in Philly and the Eagles should destroy Dallas. Westbrook is a good running and receiving threat in this match up. Easily could top 100 rushing / 50 receiving and score twice.

Julius Jones - @Philly
If Dallas is going to have a shot, Jones has to be producing and the Eagles can be run on. Problem is... do you trust the Dallas defense to keep the score low enough and allow Dallas to run the ball. JJ will either rock in a close game or be a non-factor in a blowout.

Deuce McCallister - @TB
I really would consider Deuce over Jones just b/c I do not like the Dallas defense against Philly, nor do I like the Dallas offense. Deuce will have a tough match up, but his offense is more diverse - even if Brooks is mentally deficient. Tampa will win, but Deuce could get 70 rushing - possibly 110 total yards and a TD.

Jamal Lewis - @Indy
I don't trust his health and would not start over the other 3. Indy could eliminate the rushing game early anyway.

Chris Brown - @Oak
Right now he is questionable and it's likely that Antwoin will start.

HC_Chief
12-15-2004, 09:47 AM
Chris Brown fumbles.

Lewis is gimpy, may be a non-factor if Indy grabs early lead.

Jones is facing a tough Philly D on their home turf.

That leaves Westbrook & McCallister by default (besides, they're your best 2 RBs this ff season IMO)

nmt1
12-15-2004, 09:48 AM
Which two should I start in my playoff game this weekend?

Nick Goings
Larry Johnson
Derrick Blaylock
Onterrio Smith
Emmitt Smith

Mile High Mania
12-15-2004, 09:58 AM
Here's what I think...

Nick Goings @ ATL
Not a flashy guy, but has consistently produced well the last several weeks. ATL can be run upon and the Panthers have a good offense.

Larry Johnson vs DEN
Very tempting - he's looked great in limited action. Can he be a 25 game starter? Don't go with your heart... but, which DEN defense will show up? Will DEN's offense do well against that KC defense forcing a shootout, taking out the running game?

Onterrio Smith vs DET
Very intersting as he is a great dual threat against an average defense.

Derrick Blaylock vs DEN
No way do I start him when you have LJ and 2 better options. Lingering injury and I think he'll be a sporadic producer going forward.

Emmitt Smith vs Rams
Bad offense... against a team that can't win in 'fresh air'. I just would not be comfortable putting my playoff win in his hands.

nmt1
12-15-2004, 10:00 AM
Here's what I think...

Nick Goings @ ATL
Not a flashy guy, but has consistently produced well the last several weeks. ATL can be run upon and the Panthers have a good offense.

Larry Johnson vs DEN
Very tempting - he's looked great in limited action. Can he be a 25 game starter? Don't go with your heart... but, which DEN defense will show up? Will DEN's offense do well against that KC defense forcing a shootout, taking out the running game?

Onterrio Smith vs DET
Very intersting as he is a great dual threat against an average defense.

Derrick Blaylock vs DEN
No way do I start him when you have LJ and 2 better options. Lingering injury and I think he'll be a sporadic producer going forward.

Emmitt Smith vs Rams
Bad offense... against a team that can't win in 'fresh air'. I just would not be comfortable putting my playoff win in his hands.

Right now I'm leaning towards Goings and Johnson because my gut tells me that both will be able to run but the Rams run defense is so bad that Emmitt is tempting. Blaylock will stay on the bench. Onterrio Smith has been the starter for the Vikings for the last several games but hasn't done much for me so he's likley to stay on the bench too.

e_train69
12-15-2004, 10:18 AM
It seems most people think Westbrook is a good start, and I tend to agree. I also think he has the best chance at a really monster game. I think I will start him.

I hate to bench Jones after what he has done the last few weeks, but I don't have a good feeling about him or the Dallas team as a whole.

It is hard for me to bench Jamal with the matchup he has. I think he could be "HUGE" if Baltimore can keep it close. I don't think Indy's D can stop him. Baltimore is also playing for their playoff lives and I believe Jamal will be in most of the game and Baltimore will give Indy all they want. I think Jamal could have played the entire game last week, but they didn't need him.

Deuce I can see having an average game (80 yrds 1 TD) but I don't see him having a big game.

Chris Brown - I can't chance a game time decision.