PDA

View Full Version : LJ and Blaylock, what KFFL is saying!

cmh6476
12-15-2004, 02:47 PM
check out todays NFL news from KFFL:

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Chiefs | Peterson Terms Johnson Back of the Future - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:16:45 -0800

Kansas City Chiefs team president Carl Peterson said the team is excited about RB Larry Johnson and termed him as the back of the future for the Chiefs.

Chiefs | Blaylock Could Return in 2005 - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:16:30 -0800

Kansas City Chiefs team president Carl Peterson said RB Derrick Blaylock, who is a free agent at the end of the 2004 season, may return to the Chiefs in 2005 if he cannot find a deal on the open market that interests him.

maybe we can have our cake and eat it too!

HolmeZz
12-15-2004, 02:49 PM
I'd be fine with that, although I think he will find a deal that he likes.

|Zach|
12-15-2004, 02:49 PM
No. I love Blaylock but we dont need him...

Eleazar
12-15-2004, 02:51 PM
It would be nice to have both of those guys for the future. I can see a very good offense being based on that one-two punch. LJ's power running, Blaylock's catching the ball out of the backfield, going in motion out wide, using his open-field playmaking ability.

HC_Chief
12-15-2004, 02:53 PM
I have no problem with that, though I'd prefer to trade LJ for a high pick (SF's #2) or defensive help.

Blaylock, from all reports, is a 'high character' guy... meaning he is a team player. If he can't land a starting gig elsewhere, I'd be glad to keep him as a backup in KC.

Eleazar
12-15-2004, 02:55 PM
I have no problem with that, though I'd prefer to trade LJ for a high pick (SF's #2) or defensive help.

Blaylock, from all reports, is a 'high character' guy... meaning he is a team player. If he can't land a starting gig elsewhere, I'd be glad to keep him as a backup in KC.

Are you the guy who still thinks DB is better than LJ?

HolmeZz
12-15-2004, 02:56 PM
We really can't trade LJ right now. I would've earlier in the season, but there's absolutely no reason to now.

HC_Chief
12-15-2004, 02:57 PM
No... I think LJ has more potential. I also think the whole DV, 'diapergate', whining fiasco has soured LJ on KC.

We need defensive help, we're deep at RB. Besides, Travis Henry will be hitting the market soon and I would LOVE to have him come in to replace Holmes :D

Eleazar
12-15-2004, 02:59 PM
No... I think LJ has more potential. I also think the whole DV, 'diapergate', whining fiasco has soured LJ on KC.

We need defensive help, we're deep at RB. Besides, Travis Henry will be hitting the market soon and I would LOVE to have him come in to replace Holmes :D

Did you watch LJ talking to Michelle Tafoya after the Monday Night game, or see him hugging coach Vermeil on the sidelines, or heard anything he's said in the press recently?

Mr. Laz
12-15-2004, 03:00 PM
No. I love Blaylock but we dont need him...
ya, that's it

just let talent go, get nothing

draft badly

lose important games

win meaningless games

don't win a playoff game in 10 years

you and carl have a great philosophy

HC_Chief
12-15-2004, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I heard him. No credit to the OL, no credit to the coaching staff, all "me" and "I" and "Peterson saw how good <i>I</i> am".

So what if DV hugged him? DV hugs the sorry ass defenders after they shit themselves, doesn't mean anything.

LJ appears to me to be soured on KC... I think he wants out. If we can get value for him, I'd do it.

|Zach|
12-15-2004, 03:03 PM
ya, that's it

just let talent go, get nothing

draft badly

lose important games

win meaningless games

don't win a playoff game in 10 years

you and carl have a great philosophy
Sorry to get you all worked up...

We are set at running back...if you want to get your giner all twisted around then more power to you.

|Zach|
12-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Our money is best spent on another side of the ball...our offense does not NEED Blaylock...our defense needs a few good men.

HC_Chief
12-15-2004, 03:06 PM
Our money is best spent on another side of the ball...our offense does not NEED Blaylock...our defense needs a few good men.

Ahh, but the same can be said but substitute LJ for Blaylock. Which backup RB will cost less?

|Zach|
12-15-2004, 03:07 PM
Ahh, but the same can be said but substitute LJ for Blaylock. Which backup RB will cost less?
I believe LJ is a much better RB and would be a better choice as far as being able to go a full season and take a get deal of carries on his shoulders...

LJ has a better nose for the endzone.

HolmeZz
12-15-2004, 03:07 PM
Yeah, I heard him. No credit to the OL, no credit to the coaching staff, all "me" and "I" and "Peterson saw how good <i>I</i> am".

So what if DV hugged him? DV hugs the sorry ass defenders after they shit themselves, doesn't mean anything.

LJ appears to me to be soured on KC... I think he wants out. If we can get value for him, I'd do it.

I think he's taken a lot of pride in proving Vermeil wrong. Dick's been kicking dirt on him ever since Carl drafted him, and now Larry's showing what he can do. I honestly can't blame him.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2004, 03:08 PM
LJ has the tools to do it all. Trade Blaylock.

Mr. Laz
12-15-2004, 03:08 PM
Sorry to get you all worked up...

We are set at running back...if you want to get your giner all twisted around then more power to you.
im not worked up

but it's baffling how someone can fail to comprehend the idea of adding more talent to the team in general will lead to success.

you dont' win a superbowl by just letting talent leave.

we have 3 viable RB's ... we need to use one to add talent at another position.

it's the habit of letting talent go that has gotten us into the position we are in now.

tk13
12-15-2004, 03:09 PM
I think he's taken a lot of pride in proving Vermeil wrong. Dick's been kicking dirt on him ever since Carl drafted him, and now Larry's showing what he can do. I honestly can't blame him.
Yeah, but Al doesn't like him either, what's going to happen when Al becomes the head coach?

|Zach|
12-15-2004, 03:09 PM
im not worked up

but it's baffling how someone can fail to comprehend the idea of adding more talent to the team in general will lead to success.

it's the habit of letting talent go that has gotten us into the position we are in now.
I have no problem trading Blaylock...I just dont want all of them on our team.

LTownChief
12-15-2004, 03:12 PM
ya, Johnson has proved himself to me, and Priest has trouble making it through an entire NFL season (we use him a LOT), so Johnson is definately good to have on the roster. and another team will most likely pay Blaylock more money than we would like to and since Johnson is still under contract, go with Johnson! unless we could get a good deal for him, then deal Johnson and re-sign Blaylock.

I'm not saying I am glad we drafted Johnson, we would be much better if we would have gotten somebody on defense or maybe even a WR.

tk13
12-15-2004, 03:12 PM
We couldn't trade Blaylock.... we'd have to sign him first, and why would some team trade for him when they could've had him on the open market?

go bo
12-15-2004, 03:13 PM
I have no problem trading Blaylock...I just dont want all of them on our team.other than a sign and trade, how do you trade somebody who's gonna be fa after this season?

and it seems like a sign and trade would be difficult, since blaylock will be a fa and can just sign with a new team...

i like blaylock, but lj can handle the job and we have invested heavily in him, so he stays, imo...

HC_Chief
Yeah, but Al doesn't like him either, what's going to happen when Al becomes the head coach?

That's another reason I think we should deal him.

Look, I have nothing against LJ. I agreed with the reasoning behind drafting him. In the last two games, he has looked pretty good. I'm not what you'd term a 'LJ hater'.

The way he has been handled is terrible. I think he wants to start now and wants to do it where he is appreciated. I have absolutely no problem with that - I'd be the same way. So why not trade him for defensive help?

|Zach|
other than a sign and trade, how do you trade somebody who's gonna be fa after this season?

and it seems like a sign and trade would be difficult, since blaylock will be a fa and can just sign with a new team...

i like blaylock, but lj can handle the job and we have invested heavily in him, so he stays, imo...
I agree...I admit that I dont know how trading really works...

HolmeZz
12-15-2004, 03:15 PM
We could sign him cheap right now and then trade him come draft time. ;)

Iowanian
12-15-2004, 03:16 PM
I think Blaylock is a great backup........but not capable of being an every down back as a starter.....He's fast, plays special teams well, and can perform when he's called.

I don't think Holmes has more than a year or two left(by his choice not skills).

If Johnson stays.....and Blaylock can be re-signed to a 2-3 year contract....I'm fine with that.

If someone offers a 1, or a very high 2/4.....I'd be all for letting him go.

There are several decent backs coming available in FA this year, which probably rides down the price of any of our backs value anyway.

I too, would like to see Henry in KC....but it isn't happening. He'll be a starter in AZ, Miami or some team like Seattle or INDY whose back will leave.

Big Chief Homer
12-15-2004, 03:17 PM

the interview nfl network aired on total access outside the locker room,Lj never mentioned ,me or i once.he gave total credit to the o-line,the play calling,t-rich(blocking),the offense,blaylock and even the defense.he said he liked the 1,2 punch saunders was calling with him and blaylock.

he said hes excited about 2005 wished there was 7 or 8 more games this year.

Iowanian
12-15-2004, 03:18 PM
on his first TD monday....Trich DID land a crushing block that sprung him wide open to the safety.

If he wants to stay, great..........know your Role LJ.

FringeNC
12-15-2004, 03:18 PM
im not worked up

It's called free-agency. There is a limited time the team has exclusive rights to a player.

cmh6476
12-15-2004, 03:19 PM
I think most of this debating is pretty much a moot point, the way it's laid out here.

The way it appears, from what's been said, is that LJ is a Chief next year and our RBOTF. No point in debating this since he's under contract, and because we will most definitely need his services next year.

Now Blaylock. It pretty much says he will test the FA waters, and if he can't find anything that suits him, he may return to the Chiefs. So it's not like we're gonna pay him starters money if he can find starters money with a different team.

So basically, if he's asked by another team to do what the Chiefs would like him to do next year, it looks like he may sign a 1 year contract and return to the Chiefs.

Does anyone see anything that would make you think otherwise? Sure sounds like it with all the ridiculous trade talks. How often do trades actually happen in the NFL? And why would we even trade LJ for a draft pick? It's not like we make the most out of our draft picks anyways.

tk13
12-15-2004, 03:22 PM
That's another reason I think we should deal him.

Look, I have nothing against LJ. I agreed with the reasoning behind drafting him. In the last two games, he has looked pretty good. I'm not what you'd term a 'LJ hater'.

The way he has been handled is terrible. I think he wants to start now and wants to do it where he is appreciated. I have absolutely no problem with that - I'd be the same way. So why not trade him for defensive help?
Yeah, I'm really afraid that by the time the offseason rolls around I'm going to have convinced myself that our best bet would be to sign Blaylock and trade LJ, but only if we get a really good deal out of it, preferably draft picks. It's a risky move, but that's what trades are... it'd give us a chance to rebuild the defense quicker and make this a more balanced team. We could draft another RB in the later rounds or get a 3rd one in FA. To be honest, if we get a patient runner, he can probably run behind this O-line and do it well.

HC_Chief
12-15-2004, 03:26 PM
San Fran needs a RB. I'd see if they'd be willing to part with their second round pick. Never hurts to test the waters, so to speak ;)

HC_Chief
12-15-2004, 03:40 PM
the interview nfl network aired on total access outside the locker room,Lj never mentioned ,me or i once.he gave total credit to the o-line,the play calling,t-rich(blocking),the offense,blaylock and even the defense.he said he liked the 1,2 punch saunders was calling with him and blaylock.

he said hes excited about 2005 wished there was 7 or 8 more games this year.

I didn't see that one... just the one with Melissa Starks on the field after the MNF game. You can watch that one here <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/madden/index">link</a> (well, at least <i>part</i> of it... g'damned ESPN charging for content on their site)

penchief
12-15-2004, 05:02 PM
I don't know about anybody else but I think I would be sick if I had to watch LJ break off 80yd TDs for somebody else every week.

We've sucked drafting RBs for sooooo long it's not even funny (Joe Delaney?). We know we have something very good in Johnson. But when you look at the fact that he has never done anything differently on the field than what he has done since he's been given his chance, we have to wonder if we might have something really special.

That 6.4yd average might not be inflated at all. Remember, he set an NCAA record for yards per carry (8.02).

Considering his limited opportunities, it's possible that LJ is just getting warmed up.

TRR
12-15-2004, 05:05 PM
It's time to let Derrick Blaylock walk. I like DB, and I think he could be a very good RB in the right system, but LJ is younger, stronger, and the offense really seems to spark when he's in. There's nothing DB can do that LJ can't. I can name a few things that LJ can do that Blaylock can't though.

Let DB walk if Priest is on his way back, and make LJ the top backup.

Sure-Oz
12-15-2004, 05:05 PM
We need to spend that moola on the D, thanks blaylock but cya bud!

stevieray
12-15-2004, 05:11 PM
LJ isn't going anywhere.

Priest hasn't been able to stay healthy for two years now.

I wouldn't be surprised to see all three on the roster. I think some are just setting up things to complain about in the offseason, claiming that because they didn't do something with the RB's, they don't want to win. would it be nice to get something in returm? of course, but there are no guarantees.

I'd rather watch LJ tear up the Invescos and Fade for the next few years.

royr17
12-15-2004, 05:13 PM
LJ has the tools to do it all. Trade Blaylock.

Hey dipshit, we cant trade Blaylock until he has been resigned. I agree with you LJ has all the tools, but i still wish we would've drafted defense with that pick instead of taking LJ.

penchief
12-15-2004, 05:24 PM
It's time to let Derrick Blaylock walk. I like DB, and I think he could be a very good RB in the right system, but LJ is younger, stronger, and the offense really seems to spark when he's in. There's nothing DB can do that LJ can't. I can name a few things that LJ can do that Blaylock can't though.

Let DB walk if Priest is on his way back, and make LJ the top backup.

I agree. Even though everyone seems to believe that DB is the faster of the two, how many believe DB would have scored on either one of those plays that LJ did? Not me. Especially the one where he got around the end and outran everyone to the endzone (Bo Jackson?).

By the way, that is something that I have never noticed about Johnson that impresses me. It's almost uncanny how he looks like he's running out of sideline then, all of a sudden, he finds that last little bit of real estate and darts up-field right by people. I really noticed it on his first carry when he got that very important first down. It looked like he was gonna get shoved out of bounds but he somehow managed to utilize the last couple feet of sideline to get around the defense and shoot forward for the first down and then some.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Hey dipshit, we cant trade Blaylock until he has been resigned. I agree with you LJ has all the tools, but i still wish we would've drafted defense with that pick instead of taking LJ.

I'm counting on us resigning him, dipshit.

royr17
12-15-2004, 05:45 PM
I'm counting on us resigning him, dipshit.

And why exactly do we need him again dipshit and than trade him for a pick that Carl will just screw up anyways, but if we dont resign him we should just draft Sproles from Kansas State to replace him, and when priest leaves find a good backup.

andoman
I agree. Even though everyone seems to believe that DB is the faster of the two, how many believe DB would have scored on either one of those plays that LJ did? Not me. Especially the one where he got around the end and outran everyone to the endzone (Bo Jackson?).

By the way, that is something that I have never noticed about Johnson that impresses me. It's almost uncanny how he looks like he's running out of sideline then, all of a sudden, he finds that last little bit of real estate and darts up-field right by people. I really noticed it on his first carry when he got that very important first down. It looked like he was gonna get shoved out of bounds but he somehow managed to utilize the last couple feet of sideline to get around the defense and shoot forward for the first down and then some.

Reminds me of Marcus Allen!

whoman69
Let me give you some reasons why we should not trade LJ:
Mike Cloud
Rashaan Shehee
Frank Moreau
Greg Hill
Harvey Williams
Omar Easy
Ernest Blackwell
June Henley
Anthony Daigle
Darius Turner
Michael Owens
Bryan Tobey
Donnell Bennett
Todd McNair
Bill Jones
Ernest Thompson
George Layne
Derrick Blaylock
Larry Johnson

That is a list of every running back drafted by Carl Pederson. Anyone want to guess how many thousand yard seasons these guys have put together? I think one of them may have made the Pro Bowl, but I could be wrong about McNair. Anybody want to do a search and find out how many hundred yard running games these guys have given us over 15 years? You could count them on your fingers.

royr17
12-15-2004, 05:48 PM
Yea isnt Ernest Blackwell dead now ? Didnt he get shot, I think he was a thug.

patteeu
12-15-2004, 06:49 PM
Blaylock, from all reports, is a 'high character' guy...

Shhh, don't say that out loud. You'll kill the guy's rap career... unless by "high" you mean teh chronic.

KCJohnny
12-15-2004, 07:14 PM
Mike Cloud
Rashaan Shehee
Frank Moreau
Greg Hill
Harvey Williams
Omar Easy
Ernest Blackwell
June Henley
Anthony Daigle
Darius Turner
Michael Owens
Bryan Tobey
Donnell Bennett
Todd McNair
Bill Jones
Ernest Thompson
George Layne
Derrick Blaylock
Larry Johnson

That is a list of every running back drafted by Carl Pederson. Anyone want to guess how many thousand yard seasons these guys have put together? I think one of them may have made the Pro Bowl, but I could be wrong about McNair. Anybody want to do a search and find out how many hundred yard running games these guys have given us over 15 years? You could count them on your fingers.

This is an impressive and incriminating list. However, to be fair to King Carl, he signed Tony Richardson (Undrafted FA), Kimble Anders (UFA), and FAs Marcus Allen and Priest Holmes. He can't draft 'em ('cept LJ) but he CAN find 'em once other people don't want 'em.
Who drafted O'Koye?

Spicy McHaggis
12-15-2004, 07:20 PM
Mike Cloud
Rashaan Shehee
Frank Moreau
Greg Hill
Harvey Williams
Omar Easy
Ernest Blackwell
June Henley
Anthony Daigle
Darius Turner
Michael Owens
Bryan Tobey
Donnell Bennett
Todd McNair
Bill Jones
Ernest Thompson
George Layne
Derrick Blaylock
Larry Johnson

Rep. Seriously if LJ is the real deal the only reason we let him go is if he is clawed from our cold dead hands.

Big Chief Homer
12-15-2004, 07:50 PM
I think blaylocks as good as gone,he not gonna wanna be the third back in a system.someone will offer him the same or more for a shot at starting or being a #2.dv has already said he cant keep all three.

im actually looking forward to having LJ spell priest next year.or even having them both on the field at the same time.A little thunder and lightning type deal.

Skip Towne
12-15-2004, 08:04 PM
I see you are now on a first name basis with Gochiefs. How nice.

Iowanian
12-16-2004, 12:10 PM
Anyone hear Johnson's comments on 810 this morning?

He's a peckerhead....................I hope he puts up enough yards to get a good draft pick in Trade.

HC_Chief
12-16-2004, 12:12 PM
Anyone hear Johnson's comments on 810 this morning?

He's a peckerhead....................I hope he puts up enough yards to get a good draft pick in Trade.

Nope, but I agree w/ the latter portion of your statement: get enough yards to pique other teams' interest. IMO we should approach SF with a trade offer: LJ for their second round pick this year.

Iowanian
12-16-2004, 12:16 PM
...its stuff like
"have you had support or advice from players?"

"well, some raiders, and Bucs came up to me after a game and talked about the situation I"m in....I'm a first rounder and there aren't many #1 draft choices on this team, so they don't understand my situation...they've all had to work for their playing time and special teams...they weren't first round picks like me"

"I wanna play, and if its not in KC fine"...

Screw Larry Johnson..............Get him some Good Yards, ship his ass out. I'm firmly on the Blaylock bandwagon, and trade Johnson.

Iowanian
12-16-2004, 12:22 PM
"the superbowl would be alright....but thats a team thing...........I'm more looking at the Hall of Fame, to be guys like Walter Peyton....."

IE..."Screw the team....Leon wants to get paid, Leon doesn't wanna do the work or play special teams.....Leon wants the rock 20 times a game to get Leon's yards....screw the team"

I'm understanding Vermiel's point every word he speaks.

bricks
12-16-2004, 12:31 PM
There is no question...it sounds like Johnson has to eliminate his ego.

bricks
12-16-2004, 12:36 PM
Nope, but I agree w/ the latter portion of your statement: get enough yards to pique other teams' interest. IMO we should approach SF with a trade offer: LJ for their second round pick this year.

why would SF want LJ when they got a good back in Kevan Barlow?

Calcountry
12-16-2004, 12:56 PM
It would be nice to have both of those guys for the future. I can see a very good offense being based on that one-two punch. LJ's power running, Blaylock's catching the ball out of the backfield, going in motion out wide, using his open-field playmaking ability.
I disagree, LJ needs to learn how to catch the ball and block to be great in this league. Remember Roger Craig out of Nebraska? They never passed anything to him in college, yet, he know he would have to catch the ball in order to be successful in the NFL, and he did.

Running back by committe telegraphs what we are going to do.

:shake:

Red Dawg
12-16-2004, 01:26 PM
DV has one more season and a new coach would probably repair LJ's poor attitude. Vermeil has bashed him and never wanted to pick him. A new coach would do LJ good.

Iowanian
12-16-2004, 02:07 PM
Keitzman is getting ready to play some quotes.

JakeT
12-16-2004, 02:14 PM
in other non-news KKFL is reporting that Carl Peterson has declared himself the GM of the future for the Chiefs.

penguinz
12-16-2004, 03:07 PM
Keeping Blaylock would be a bad idea. He is smaller than priest and priest isn't exactly a big guy. Look at the injury problems for priest over the past three seasons.

If Blaylock is an everydown back expect him to get blown up and sitting on the sidelines as he did against the faiders.

patteeu
12-16-2004, 03:39 PM
San Fran needs a RB. I'd see if they'd be willing to part with their second round pick. Never hurts to test the waters, so to speak ;)

I think SF needs an O-line a lot more than they need an RB.

RedandGold
12-16-2004, 05:41 PM
Keeping Blaylock would be a bad idea. He is smaller than priest and priest isn't exactly a big guy. Look at the injury problems for priest over the past three seasons.

If Blaylock is an everydown back expect him to get blown up and sitting on the sidelines as he did against the faiders.

This might be a bit of foreshadowing of us putting Priest on the trading block...

KC Dan
12-16-2004, 05:49 PM
I think SF needs an O-line a lot more than they need an RB.
I'd rather have Julian Petrerson