PDA

View Full Version : Jason Baker - Expecting to Improve

Rain Man
12-15-2004, 11:41 PM
I can't find the link, but there was a big article today in the Denver paper about Jason Baker. Apparently he had a bad game, after which Mike Ratahan said that he could have done just as well. The article today consisted of a lot of quotes of Baker saying, "It was just a bad day. I'll do much better next week."

One interesting thing they reported was about Baker's return to Kansas City when Steve Cheek was hurt. Apparently, a big factor was the fact that Baker was only three games from being eligible for an NFL pension. He played with the Chiefs for three games.

|Zach|
12-15-2004, 11:42 PM
So Kevin, what is the pulse of the Bronco nation like? What are the streets of Denver telling you? ROFL

Spicy McHaggis
12-15-2004, 11:44 PM
I hope he kicks another one out of bounds on Sunday.

Rain Man
12-15-2004, 11:44 PM
I've got my ear to the ground, but it's hard to tell. Most of the articles around here are about John Elway.

|Zach|
12-15-2004, 11:45 PM
I've got my ear to the ground, but it's hard to tell. Most of the articles around here are about John Elway.
No articles about how changed downtown was after my 3 day stay?

stevieray
12-15-2004, 11:47 PM

seriously? I swear, if he didn't go to Denver, that team wouldn't have an identity. Think about it. No Elway. No Sharpe.

One HOF'er in forty five years.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2004, 11:47 PM
Baker
Donk's line
Chief's line
------30------- FREE

------40------- YARDAGE

------50------- FOR

------40------- THE

------30------- CHIEFS

Dante

stevieray
12-15-2004, 11:48 PM
No articles about how changed downtown was after my 3 day stay?

I read an article where some guy tried to stay at the Brown Palace with 89 bucks....in change.

|Zach|
12-15-2004, 11:49 PM
I read an article where some guy tried to stay at the Brown Palace with 89 bucks....in change.
Bahaha, the mighty coinstar machine gave me bills!!

Alas it twas not I!

LTownChief
12-15-2004, 11:51 PM
well I'm sure that Jason Baker expects to improve, it would be hard to get worse

Hammock Parties
12-15-2004, 11:53 PM
Man, Baker sucks. I have to think this week playing AGAINST KC is going to be even worse for a guy who can't handle pressure well.

I would be shocked if Dante doesn't run one back. Either that or Baker just shanks everything.

morphius
12-15-2004, 11:54 PM
Well, hopefully we changed up some of our reurn stratagies, since he has shared them all with the rat by now. Probably the only reason they signed him, they had to know he sucks.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2004, 11:56 PM
Well, hopefully we changed up some of our reurn stratagies, since he has shared them all with the rat by now. Probably the only reason they signed him, they had to know he sucks.

You think KC would tell the punter/kickoff man any of the returns KC uses? I would think he doesn't know anything more than what Shanahan gathers from film.