PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame fans angry with Jordan Black over MNF introduction

tk13
12-16-2004, 03:58 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-chiefs-black&prov=ap&type=lgns

Kansas City lineman catching fire from Notre Dame fans

By DOUG TUCKER, AP Sports Writer
December 16, 2004

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- All he said was, "Jordan Black, Dallas Christian High School.'' That was more than enough to upset many Notre Dame fans.

The Kansas City offensive tackle admits he's miffed at his alma mater for firing coach Tyrone Willingham, but insisted he was only seeking to promote his Mesquite, Texas, high school during TV introductions Monday night.

The calls began flooding in quickly.

"As crazy as some of the comments have been, I think I've probably burned a lot of bridges,'' said Black, who started 42 games for the Fighting Irish. ``Notre Dame thinks I'm the devil.''

Black, a fifth-round draft pick in 2003, made his first NFL start at right tackle in the Chiefs' 49-38 victory over Tennessee.

He said before the game he would probably identify himself by his high school, which is on a fund-raising drive. But he also made it clear he did not like the way Notre Dame handled the coaching situation.

"It doesn't seem like they did their homework or had a plan,'' Black said Wednesday.

Willingham, fired with three years left on his contract, was 21-15 in three seasons at the school -- the shortest tenure for a non-interim Notre Dame coach in 70 years.

Utah coach Urban Meyer, believed to be Notre Dame's top pick to replace Willingham, instead took the Florida job. Notre Dame has since hired New England offensive coordinator Charlie Weis.

"I love Notre Dame and I'm grateful for what they did for me,'' Black said. "But I wasn't too impressed with the way they went about their coaching search. It didn't seem like they had a plan at all.''

Black played for Willingham his senior year and was sorry the coach was not allowed to finish his contract.

"I had friends calling me right after the game and (Tuesday) saying, `What's the deal? What are you doing?''' Black said. ``There's a message board, `ND Nation,' and people are just ripping into me.''

He's not responding.

"Some of the comments people are making don't even deserve a response,'' he said. ``I love Notre Dame. I wish them the best and I always will.

"It was just a situation where I wanted to promote my high school, and all the ND alums out there, or whoever they are, didn't like it. There are a lot of people who are hacked off at me.''

He does not regret what he did.

"I'm always going to be honest about how I feel,'' Black said. ``If somebody doesn't like it, that's their problem.''

But everyone at Dallas Christian High School is happy, he said.

"But as far as Notre Dame goes, I haven't heard one positive thing,'' Black explained. ``It's just a case of people not understanding what my intentions are: to promote my high school.''

Next time he starts on Monday night, things will be different, he said.

"Yeah, I'll say, `Notre Dame,' he promised. "I did what I told my high school I was going to do and now I can mention Notre Dame.''

Knob
12-16-2004, 04:00 AM
:cuss:

cheeeefs
12-16-2004, 04:31 AM
hah stupid people.

OH MY GOD HE DIDN'T SAY NOTRE DAME?!!?! HE SUCKS!

He is responsible to no one. ND can get bent.

MichaelH
12-16-2004, 05:34 AM
What a bunch of arrogant and hypocritical whiners. I wonder how quiet they are every time an alter boy gets molested.

mikey23545
12-16-2004, 06:11 AM
What a bunch of arrogant and hypocritical whiners. I wonder how quiet they are every time an alter boy gets molested.

I imagine they're pretty quiet until they cum.

Saulbadguy
12-16-2004, 06:44 AM
Stupid Domers.

KCTitus
12-16-2004, 06:53 AM
I dont get it...fans on a message board going nutty over something so trivial. What a buch of tools.

DenverChief
12-16-2004, 07:17 AM
I dont get it...fans on a message board going nutty over something so trivial. What a buch of tools.ROFL

Iron Chef
12-16-2004, 07:26 AM
Thank God he wasn’t eating nachos at the time.

Skip Towne
12-16-2004, 07:36 AM
Black is my new hero.

Swanman
12-16-2004, 07:58 AM
F Notre Dame

StcChief
12-16-2004, 08:25 AM
Fug-em. ND blows

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-16-2004, 08:27 AM
``Notre Dame thinks I'm the devil.''

ROFL

Awesome line. I'm a Jordon Black fan now.

teedubya
12-16-2004, 09:08 AM
i used to think Beer Me was the debbil, now i know it is Jordan Black...

Lzen
12-16-2004, 09:15 AM

Maybe beer me is Jordan Black.
:hmmm:

Anyone seen my tinfoil hat?

cheeeefs
12-16-2004, 09:34 AM
Speaking of Jordan Black, anyone remember the clip that has Ray Lewis crying about being double teamed every play? Just after MNF showed that Jordan Black lit him up solo the next play on a body block that broke a decently long run. It was great.

Iowanian
12-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Imagine the outrage in Texas if he'd have claimed his elementary school instead.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-16-2004, 10:55 AM
ROFL

Ghostof
12-16-2004, 11:00 AM
All I can say is...

RUDY

RUDY

RUDY!!!!!

MichaelH
12-16-2004, 11:04 AM
Wow... these folks are, uh... interesting.

I love the "flounder out there alone" part. Jordan Black's life is real rough right now. If only some pissed off message board poster truly loved him...

Maybe the poster needs some molestin errr ah cuddlin. ROFL

Mr. Laz
12-16-2004, 12:18 PM
fvck notre dame ... fvck all their fans

TheNextStep
12-16-2004, 12:21 PM
They're just pissed because Dallas Christian High School finished the year higher in the rankings.

Calcountry
12-16-2004, 12:30 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-chiefs-black&prov=ap&type=lgns

Kansas City lineman catching fire from Notre Dame fans

By DOUG TUCKER, AP Sports Writer
December 16, 2004

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- All he said was, "Jordan Black, Dallas Christian High School.'' That was more than enough to upset many Notre Dame fans.

The Kansas City offensive tackle admits he's miffed at his alma mater for firing coach Tyrone Willingham, but insisted he was only seeking to promote his Mesquite, Texas, high school during TV introductions Monday night.

The calls began flooding in quickly.

"As crazy as some of the comments have been, I think I've probably burned a lot of bridges,'' said Black, who started 42 games for the Fighting Irish. ``Notre Dame thinks I'm the devil.''

Black, a fifth-round draft pick in 2003, made his first NFL start at right tackle in the Chiefs' 49-38 victory over Tennessee.

He said before the game he would probably identify himself by his high school, which is on a fund-raising drive. But he also made it clear he did not like the way Notre Dame handled the coaching situation.

"It doesn't seem like they did their homework or had a plan,'' Black said Wednesday.

Willingham, fired with three years left on his contract, was 21-15 in three seasons at the school -- the shortest tenure for a non-interim Notre Dame coach in 70 years.

Utah coach Urban Meyer, believed to be Notre Dame's top pick to replace Willingham, instead took the Florida job. Notre Dame has since hired New England offensive coordinator Charlie Weis.

"I love Notre Dame and I'm grateful for what they did for me,'' Black said. "But I wasn't too impressed with the way they went about their coaching search. It didn't seem like they had a plan at all.''

Black played for Willingham his senior year and was sorry the coach was not allowed to finish his contract.

"I had friends calling me right after the game and (Tuesday) saying, `What's the deal? What are you doing?''' Black said. ``There's a message board, `ND Nation,' and people are just ripping into me.''

He's not responding.

"Some of the comments people are making don't even deserve a response,'' he said. ``I love Notre Dame. I wish them the best and I always will.

"It was just a situation where I wanted to promote my high school, and all the ND alums out there, or whoever they are, didn't like it. There are a lot of people who are hacked off at me.''

He does not regret what he did.

"I'm always going to be honest about how I feel,'' Black said. ``If somebody doesn't like it, that's their problem.''

But everyone at Dallas Christian High School is happy, he said.

"But as far as Notre Dame goes, I haven't heard one positive thing,'' Black explained. ``It's just a case of people not understanding what my intentions are: to promote my high school.''

Next time he starts on Monday night, things will be different, he said.

"Yeah, I'll say, `Notre Dame,' he promised. "I did what I told my high school I was going to do and now I can mention Notre Dame.''
To be quite Honest with you, they almost always miss a play when they are doing that chit.

They need to speed it up, or do it in more segments, little pieces.

el borracho
12-16-2004, 12:48 PM
I wish Monday Night Football would go back to still photo introductions by the announcers. These new video introductions by the players are pretty lame and too time consuming.

Ultra Peanut
12-16-2004, 12:56 PM
``Notre Dame thinks I'm the devil.'' Anyone who can say that generally has my full support.

Pitt Gorilla
12-16-2004, 12:58 PM
I imagine they're pretty quiet until they cum. ROFL You went there.

Devin Vierth
12-16-2004, 02:49 PM
Actually, I was a teeny bit peeved when Shanard Harts was introduced and he didn't mention Boise State who is ranked 8th this year and is playing in the Liberty Bowl. But, you know, it's his decision and he can mention anything he wants. I was really only disappointed because I was sure he would call out the team. Could be his highschool meant more to him or he is just following the trend this year of calling out your highschool.

Whatever the reason, it sure doesn't change my opinion of him one bit.

tk13
12-16-2004, 02:57 PM
Wow... these folks are, uh... interesting.

I love the "flounder out there alone" part. Jordan Black's life is real rough right now. If only some pissed off message board poster truly loved him...
Yeah, they're fanatical. You should've read some message board posters thoughts when Bob Knight got fired from IU a few years back. There are some people in this state who's priorities are: Bob Knight, God, Family... in that order. Those are usually the people that disowned IU and became Texas Tech fans. Nowhere else could you see something like that...