PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Cap Increase

SBK
12-16-2004, 07:30 AM
Looks like 2005 cap is headed to be about 85.5 million.

CROP REPORT SHOWS $5 MILLION INCREASE

On Wednesday afternoon, Clarence Beeks told the various Randolph and Mortimer Dukes that the NFL crop report will increase by roughly $5 million, from $80.5 million per team to $85.5 million.

The increase was first reported by the Dallas Morning News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/121504dnsponflsalary.11c192ca.html).

A league source told us that the teams also were told at the labor meetings in Dallas not to expect the cap to increase by much in 2006. We recently reported that some teams expect the cap to break $100 million in 2006, when the new TV deals kick in. But as Vito Stellino of the Florida Times-Union explained to us (correctly, it appears), there won't be a significant jump from '05 to '06.

--it's from http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Im not too excited about the jump, since KC will just sit on the money anyway. ROFL

DenverChief
12-16-2004, 07:33 AM
Sounds like someone has been watching "Trading places" too many times

SBK
12-16-2004, 07:36 AM

:spock: Huh?

DenverChief
12-16-2004, 07:42 AM
:spock: Huh? Clarence Beeks told the various Randolph and Mortimer Dukes

Randolph and Mortimer Duke
Randolph and Mortimer are the owners of the Duke and Duke commodity brokerage firm. They make money placing trades for others in markets such as oranges and coffee. They bet between themselves contantly and for a bet of $1 they change Louis Whinthorpe's life from good to bad and watch the outcome for their own academic research on human sociology. By the film's end they have tried to illegally obtain a Federal Crop report before it is released to the general public and they face Louis Whinthorpe who seeks revenge for the way the Duke's mistreated him

http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/reviews/tradingbrothers.jpg

Clarence Beeks Clarence Beeks is played by the actor that played the principal in the Breakfast Club. In this film the character Clarence is a shady individual that obtains advance reports about crop conditions from the Agriculture Department which he plans to sell to the Duke Brothers. When Louis Whinthorpe and Billy Ray Valentine switch the crop reports with fakes the Duke brothers are ruined.

Billy Ray Valentine This character at the beginning of the film is no more than a too bit con and crook. Two wealthy commodity speculators find Billy Ray in prision and plan to use him to settle a dispute they are having between which is more important nature or nurture. Bill Ray is set up in a fine house which used to be Louis Winthorpe's and then given a position at a commodity brokerage house. After a short while Billy Ray is giving out advice people want to hear, and is acting responsibly in every way. To the two brothers that placed Billy Ray in his position his success proves that environement is a huge factor in determing how far one goes in life.

DenverChief
12-16-2004, 08:00 AM
I know, I know, I should have been more clear the first time....sine you are a shortbus kid and all :D

SBK
12-16-2004, 09:31 AM
No doubt. I M SOFA KING WE TALL DID. (you have to say it out loud.)

DenverChief
12-16-2004, 09:34 AM
No doubt. I M SOFA KING WE TALL DID. (you have to say it out loud.):loser:

Swanman
12-16-2004, 09:37 AM
If true, just $5 million more that Lamar doesn't spend, being dead-ass broke and all.

RINGLEADER
12-16-2004, 11:17 AM
If true, just $5 million more that Lamar doesn't spend, being dead-ass broke and all.

INDEEEEEEEED!

BTW, did you know the ape in Trading Places was actually played by two different men and that one of them was named Carrot? The other guy played on The Howling and was featured as the hand that picked out a piece of Robert Picardo's brain before he turned into a werewolf.

I learned this having a drink with the guy in Boston about 20 years ago.

Mr. Laz
12-16-2004, 11:24 AM

just means we can add that to the 6 million we had this year

here's to being 11 million under the cap next year!! :toast: :toast:

Calcountry
12-16-2004, 11:25 AM
I like that movie.

Especially the scene where Winthorpe, in a Santa Suit, scowls at people.