PDA

View Full Version : Broncos News: Al Wilson is a thug.

Rain Man
12-17-2004, 08:27 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36%257E86%257E2600508,00.html

Broncos' Wilson facing suit over bar fight

By Deborah Sherman
9News

Broncos linebacker Al Wilson and two former teammates are being sued over a bloody bar fight in downtown Denver two years ago.

Tyrone Gray claims Wilson and then-defensive ends Kavika Pittman and Keith Washington severely beat him at the Zodiac club on Market Street in April 2002.

Gray is suing for at least $300,000 for medical care to treat dizziness, headaches and neck and shoulder pain he said was caused by the attack.

In the lawsuit, Gray claims he was fighting another person when the Broncos players jumped in. He alleges they punched and kicked him, hit him over the head with a steel bar stool and left him on the ground bleeding.

"All I remember thinking was, 'Am I going to make it out of here?"' Gray said in a court deposition. "Because I was getting kicked so hard. They just kept kicking me."

Advertisement

Medical records show Gray, 34, needed seven stitches, had cuts and bruises, complained of shoulder and head pain and had a bite mark on his chest.

Jeff Springer, attorney for all three players, said Washington and Pittman got involved to help the person Gray was fighting. He said Gray also provoked a fight by throwing a pitcher of beer on the two, and that Wilson was outside the bar during the brawl.

Records show Gray fought with police and was arrested later that night.

Gray has been convicted in the past on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon and has been charged at least 23 times in the past decade for incidents ranging from disorderly conduct to damaging property.

No Broncos were arrested after the Zodiac fight. Two months later, Wilson was arrested after a different bar fight, a charge that was later dismissed.

Washington currently plays for the New York Giants and Pittman plays for the Carolina Panthers. Both are on injured reserve.

The trial is scheduled for March 14 in Denver District Court.