PDA

View Full Version : Great Job Eli!!!

Logical
12-18-2004, 08:25 PM
16 of 23 with 2 TDs and 18 yards rushing. He helped the Giants almost beat the Steelers. I believe this is the start of something great.

I know I am one of the few people on this board that like and admire Eli, to the rest of you I say :p

Sure-Oz
12-18-2004, 08:25 PM
I really despise that little baby dick.

Logical
12-18-2004, 08:29 PM
I really despise that little baby dick.:shake: nlm

penchief
12-18-2004, 08:52 PM
16 of 23 with 2 TDs and 18 yards rushing. He helped the Giants almost beat the Steelers. I believe this is the start of something great.

I know I am one of the few people on this board that like and admire Eli, to the rest of you I say :p

Is Eli your anti-LJ? Is he your proof that you are not a completely negative person? That you can get behind someone that has talent and character even though everyone else is dogging him? That you really are an open-minded person?

Does your support of Eli, when everyone is on the anti-Eli bandwagon, give you more credibility when you knock Johnson?

I think anyone would be foolish to believe that Eli is not going to be a very good quarterback in this league. He has probably gone through the exact same regimen as his brother, Peyton. Same lineage, same intelligence, and same regimen = similar results.

That's a no-brainer.

Are you trying to position yourself for a graceful retreat from the anti-LJ sentiment that you have spewed for two years now?

What is your prediction for LJ tommorow?

Bwana
12-18-2004, 09:01 PM
:hump: Eli. I loathe the little dickweed almost as much as the donks.

KCWolfman
12-18-2004, 09:17 PM
Nothing more admirable than a pansy pu$$y who refuses to follow the rules because he believes he is above them.

He had better have a career as good as Elway's or else he will be remembered as the whiner that wrongly affected a draft and didn't make the HOF.

Deberg_1990
12-18-2004, 09:18 PM
Nothing more admirable than a pansy pu$$y who refuses to follow the rules because he believes he is above them.

He had better have a career as good as Elway's or else he will be remembered as the whiner that wrongly affected a draft and didn't make the HOF.

He was only doing what daddy and his agent advised him to do. He just followed along blindly.

2bikemike
12-18-2004, 09:19 PM
While I think Eli is a spoiled little bitch I have no doubt that he will be a pretty damn good QB.

Logical
12-18-2004, 09:20 PM
Is Eli your anti-LJ? Is he your proof that you are not a completely negative person? That you can get behind someone that has talent and character even though everyone else is dogging him? That you really are an open-minded person?

Does your support of Eli, when everyone is on the anti-Eli bandwagon, give you more credibility when you knock Johnson?

I think anyone would be foolish to believe that Eli is not going to be a very good quarterback in this league. He has probably gone through the exact same regimen as his brother, Peyton. Same lineage, same intelligence, and same regimen = similar results.

That's a no-brainer.

Are you trying to position yourself for a graceful retreat from the anti-LJ sentiment that you have spewed for two years now?

What is your prediction for LJ tommorow?
75 yards rushing. I posted it on the poll thread. LJ is a good back when he gets beyond the LOS, however the Denver defense is too quick to expect that to happen. Heck even Priest is barely quick enough to do so against them and he is much quicker (though not as fast at full stride) as LJ.

RNR
12-18-2004, 09:23 PM

He had better have a career as good as Elway's or else he will be remembered as the whiner that wrongly affected a draft and didn't make the HOF.And the Chargers win the west and going to the playoffs, while "me and all my fans hope I am as good as my dad and brother" hangs his hat on "I damn near beat a guy drafted behind me"

Logical
12-18-2004, 09:26 PM
And the Chargers win the west and going to the playoffs, while "me and all my fans hope I am as good as my dad and brother" hangs his hat on "I damn near beat a guy drafted behind me"

Only a very non-observant person would not acknowledge that Eli does not have the supporting cast that Roethlisburger has on the Steelers.

penchief
12-18-2004, 09:27 PM
75 yards rushing. I posted it on the poll thread. LJ is a good back when he gets beyond the LOS, however the Denver defense is too quick to expect that to happen. Heck even Priest is barely quick enough to do so against them and he is much quicker (though not as fast at full stride) as LJ.

OK. Your sticking to your guns. I respect that.

But if LJ is gonna get more than twenty carries there is no way he is not gonna get at least one or two decent runs. If he gets twenty carries he's gonna get at least get 100 yards.

My prediction is that LJ gets twice that. I say, as the feature back for an entire game he should get 150 yards easily. I'll go one step further and say that he will get that with less than 30 carries.

KCWolfman
12-18-2004, 09:28 PM
He was only doing what daddy and his agent advised him to do. He just followed along blindly.
So you are saying he has no spine of his own? Woohoo, what a role model he will be.

2bikemike
12-18-2004, 09:29 PM
Only a very non-observant person would not acknowledge that Eli does not have the supporting cast that Roethlisburger has on the Steelers.

Yeah but Eli chose his supporting cast. ROFL

Logical
12-18-2004, 09:29 PM
OK. Your sticking to your guns. I respect that.

But if LJ is gonna get more than twenty carries there is no way he is not gonna get at least one or two decent runs. If he gets twenty carries he's gonna at least get 100.

My prediction is that LJ gets twice that. I say, as the feature back for an entire game he should get 150 yards easily. I'll go one step further and say that he will get that with less than 30 carries.

I certainly am not suprised to hear this from you. Since this is the Broncs I hope you are right.

Deberg_1990
12-18-2004, 09:30 PM
So you are saying he has no spine of his own? Woohoo, what a role model he will be.

Well, pretty much yes. hes what, 21 or 22?? Of course hes going to be more than a little intimidated by his daddy and agent.

KCWolfman
12-18-2004, 09:30 PM
The scab had his choice of teams - he has no one to blame but himself (or his daddy and his agent if he still isn't adult enough to take charge).

Logical
12-18-2004, 09:31 PM

That is one thing I agree with you on. I even told my fellow Charger fans that I was shocked at his choice of the Giants because it was one of the few teams with a worse offensive line than the Chargers. He had to want to be in the New York media market badly.

KCWolfman
12-18-2004, 09:31 PM
Well, pretty much yes. hes what, 21 or 22?? Of course hes going to be more than a little intimidated by his daddy and agent.
So at what age did you start making your own decisions and being a responsible adult?

Deberg_1990
12-18-2004, 09:32 PM
So at what age did you start making your own decisions and being a responsible adult?

Id say about 18 or 19, but I never got the chance to get drafted into the NFL and makes millions of dollars instantly either....

KCWolfman
12-18-2004, 09:35 PM
Id say about 18 or 19, but I never got the chance to get drafted into the NFL and makes millions of dollars instantly either....
So the bigger the decision as an adult, the more you should rely on others to make that decision?

Do you think that daddy or his agent also picks his girlfriends and what nights he is allowed to date?

RNR
12-18-2004, 09:36 PM
Agreed, however I love the fact SD is doing well and the Giants blow chunks, also when you point at the fence you better hit the ball over it.

Deberg_1990
12-18-2004, 09:38 PM
So the bigger the decision as an adult, the more you should rely on others to make that decision?

Do you think that daddy or his agent also picks his girlfriends and what nights he is allowed to date?

It was pretty widely covered at the time that Archie advised Eli against going to San Diego because he didnt want Eli to end up like himself. Playing on a bad New Orleans team for years. Although, why did he let Peyton go to the Colts then?? At the time they were one of the worst run teams in the NFL. Maybe he is more overly protective of Eli than Peyton??

Logical
12-18-2004, 09:40 PM

If you think he made a bad decision that is your choice, but any sports agent would tell you it was brilliant. When he produces in New York he will become an even bigger mega watt star than his brother. You ask me he made a choice that will garner him many, many times as much stardom as he would have ever received in San Diego and avoided the plague on young QBs that is Marty.

RNR
12-18-2004, 09:42 PM
It was pretty widely covered at the time that Archie advised Eli against going to San Diego because he didnt want Eli to end up like himself. Playing on a bad New Orleans team for years. Although, why did he let Peyton go to the Colts then?? At the time they were one of the worst run teams in the NFL. Maybe he is more overly protective of Eli than Peyton??That is odd because the interview I watched his dad said he did not agree with him but would back him.

KCWolfman
12-18-2004, 09:44 PM
It was pretty widely covered at the time that Archie advised Eli against going to San Diego because he didnt want Eli to end up like himself. Playing on a bad New Orleans team for years. Although, why did he let Peyton go to the Colts then?? At the time they were one of the worst run teams in the NFL. Maybe he is more overly protective of Eli than Peyton??
After a few years he would not have been stuck with the Chargers. The days of free agency should be accounted for in Archie's poor decision and example.

KCWolfman
12-18-2004, 09:47 PM
If you think he made a bad decision that is your choice, but any sports agent would tell you it was brilliant. When he produces in New York he will become an even bigger mega watt star than his brother. You ask me he made a choice that will garner him many, many times as much stardom as he would have ever received in San Diego and avoided the plague on young QBs that is Marty.
Why was he brilliant? Is he making more money in NY than he would in SD? The first pick is pretty much a lock. He would also be a free agent in just a few years. What young QBs has Schottenheimer had out of the first round? I know of none.

Now if you are speaking solely of "stardom", I agree with you. He made a bigger splash due to his failure to follow simple rules and will be in great company with name like Lawrence Taylor and Jeremy Shockey for asses who suck up the media with stupid decisions and comments. However, I see no benefit at all for the NFL in kowtowing to a crybaby like Manning.

Logical
12-18-2004, 09:51 PM
Why was he brilliant? Is he making more money in NY than he would in SD? The first pick is pretty much a lock. He would also be a free agent in just a few years. What young QBs has Schottenheimer had out of the first round? I know of none.

Now if you are speaking solely of "stardom", I agree with you. He made a bigger splash due to his failure to follow simple rules and will be in great company with name like Lawrence Taylor and Jeremy Shockey for asses who suck up the media with stupid decisions and comments. However, I see no benefit at all for the NFL in kowtowing to a crybaby like Manning.
I believe I heard he has already had many commercial opps in New York. He would not have got those in San Diego. Heck you do not see any Chargers doing commercials here and you only see minor ads for the Padres stars. This market sucks for those kinds of opportunities.

KCWolfman
12-18-2004, 09:52 PM
I believe I heard he has already had many commercial opps in New York. He would not have got those in San Diego. Heck you do not see any Chargers doing commercials here and you only see minor ads for the Padres stars. This market sucks for those kinds of opportunities.
I don't doubt it, he can be the Anna Kornikova of the NFL. How many championships has she won again?

Logical
12-18-2004, 09:55 PM
I don't doubt it, he can be the Anna Kornikova of the NFL. How many championships has she won again?
Same number as Peyton and I would doubt you are going to diss him as being similar to Anna.

KCWolfman
12-18-2004, 09:59 PM
Same number as Peyton and I would doubt you are going to diss him as being similar to Anna.
Ahh, Anna has played in the semi-finals then? Forgive me, when did she do so?

Also Peyton was drafted to one of the worst teams in the NFL and made the franchise successful - not vice versa. I guess he has more spine than Eli as he didn't bow to daddy's wishes.

penchief
12-18-2004, 10:04 PM
I certainly am not suprised to hear this from you. Since this is the Broncs I hope you are right.

LJ is the real thing, Logicslav. Someday you, too, will be happy for him and to have him playing for the Chiefs.

Logical
12-18-2004, 10:05 PM
Ahh, Anna has played in the semi-finals then? Forgive me, when did she do so?

Also Peyton was drafted to one of the worst teams in the NFL and made the franchise successful - not vice versa. I guess he has more spine than Eli as he didn't bow to daddy's wishes.

In April, Anna reached her 2nd tour singles final in a major tournament, the Family Circle Cup at Hilton Head, SC, where she lost to Hingis 4-6, 3-6 (http://www.savannahnow.com/stories/040599/SPTfcc.html). The following week, Anna defeated Jennifer Capriati, Lindsay Davenport, and Patty Schnyder at the Bausch & Lomb in Amelia Island, SC, before losing to Ruxandra Dragomir in a semifinal

Anna stepped her game up a notch in 2000, reaching one final, eight semifinals, and seven quarterfinals in 26 WTA tournaments

I knew she had but I thought you would want proof, in fact obviously she has been in finals as well.

Logical
12-18-2004, 10:05 PM
LJ is the real thing, Logicslav. Someday you will be happy for him and to have him playing for the Chiefs.Time will tell.

KCWolfman
12-18-2004, 10:06 PM
I knew she had but I thought you would want proof, in fact obviously she has been in finals as well.
When Peyton plays for the Gray Cup or Anna plays for Wimbeldon, you have a point.

As it is, the boy that played by the rules and followed the draft regs now earns more money than any other QB in the NFL - so while "stardom" may be important to Eli, obviously he isn't very bright listening to daddy and agent for financial reasons.

penchief
12-18-2004, 10:07 PM
Time will tell.

Yes.......yes, it will......

Logical
12-18-2004, 10:24 PM
As it is, the boy that played by the rules and followed the draft regs now earns more money than any other QB in the NFL - so while "stardom" may be important to Eli, obviously he isn't very bright listening to daddy and agent for financial reasons.

Your opinion I definitely disagree.

KCWolfman
12-18-2004, 10:28 PM
Your opinion I definitely disagree.
My opinion that he should have followed the rules, you are correct.

However, the first half of my statement is fact, not opinion. Peyton went to one of the single worst teams in the NFL for decades and has turned the franchise around while making more money than any other player to date. While Eli manipulated the draft cried foul and currently plays for a non-contender while the team he snubbed will be going into the first week of the playoffs as the home team.

He looks a fool, and deservedly so.

Deberg_1990
12-18-2004, 10:30 PM
My opinion that he should have followed the rules, you are correct.

However, the first half of my statement is fact, not opinion. Peyton went to one of the single worst teams in the NFL for decades and has turned the franchise around while making more money than any other player to date. While Eli manipulated the draft cried foul and currently plays for a non-contender while the team he snubbed will be going into the first week of the playoffs as the home team.

He looks a fool, and deservedly so.

Archie defeinately had some sort of beef with the Chargers organization. Makes me wonder if he checked into Marty's track record for developing QB's over the past 16 years or so???

Pitt Gorilla
12-18-2004, 10:32 PM
Ben says "scoreboard."

BTW,
I think log is pulling chains.

RNR
12-18-2004, 10:34 PM
When Peyton plays for the Gray Cup or Anna plays for Wimbeldon, you have a point.

As it is, the boy that played by the rules and followed the draft regs now earns more money than any other QB in the NFL - so while "stardom" may be important to Eli, obviously he isn't very bright listening to daddy and agent for financial reasons.I guess I was the only one to see the interview with Archie where he said he did not agree but would back his sons choice

Deberg_1990
12-18-2004, 10:37 PM
I guess I was the only one to see the interview with Archie where he said he did not agree but would back his sons choice

Yea, i never saw that one. Was that before or after the draft?? All the stuff leading up to the draft including the coverage that i saw made it seem to me as if Eli was a pawn of Archie.

KCWolfman
Archie defeinately had some sort of beef with the Chargers organization. Makes me wonder if he checked into Marty's track record for developing QB's over the past 16 years or so???
Again, what first round QB has Schottenheimer destroyed? Comparing 5th and 6th round leftovers to the top draft pick is a weak excuse - and even weaker when, once again, free agency is introduced and we all know that Eli is not locked into a team permanently as Archie was.

And what rookie QB did Couglin develop that I am unaware of (Brunell was not a rookie, but a third season player). More importantly what outstanding recent work on any first round players has Coughlin developed?

KCWolfman
I guess I was the only one to see the interview with Archie where he said he did not agree but would back his sons choice
Well, I am glad to hear that. At least now we can easily ascribe the blame solely on a whiny child.

2bikemike
12-18-2004, 10:41 PM

IIRC it was Archie that met with the Chargers front office to try a dissaude them from drafting Eli. Now whether that was at Eli's request or Archie's own volition I don't know. But I do no that the media here was pretty relentless blaming Archie.

go bo
12-18-2004, 10:43 PM
great eli's ghost!!

oh wait...

RNR
12-18-2004, 10:55 PM
IIRC it was Archie that met with the Chargers front office to try a dissaude them from drafting Eli. Now whether that was at Eli's request or Archie's own volition I don't know. But I do no that the media here was pretty relentless blaming Archie.He said that he had talked with his son before the draft and he had made up his mind. He said he would back him but disagreed.

KCWolfman
12-18-2004, 10:57 PM
He said that he had talked with his son before the draft and he had made up his mind. He said he would back him but disagreed.
Which is what a father should do.

Skip Towne
12-18-2004, 11:04 PM
Fvck Eli. Over and over.

Ultra Peanut
12-18-2004, 11:09 PM
Sucks Ewhine's dick, bashes LJ and prays for his failure...

Figures.

Ultra Peanut
12-18-2004, 11:28 PM
Fvck Eli. Over and over.With a rusty bayonet.

go bo
12-18-2004, 11:34 PM
With a rusty bayonet.ow...

that's enough to give a guy the runs... :( :huh: :eek:

Logical
12-18-2004, 11:43 PM
Sucks Ewhine's dick, bashes LJ and prays for his failure...

Figures.

I take it you missed post 1, 14 and 17 of this thread. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106333

go bo
12-18-2004, 11:54 PM
I take it you missed post 1, 14 and 17 of this thread. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106333 well, that answers bashing lj and praying for his failure...

but there's still that issue of sucking "ewhine's dick"... :p :p :p

MGRS13
12-18-2004, 11:58 PM
Hey Vlad glad to see I'm not the only one who likes Eli. You know regaurding football you and I think alot alike.

Logical
12-19-2004, 12:06 AM
Hey Vlad glad to see I'm not the only one who likes Eli. You know regaurding football you and I think alot alike.:thumb:

I wonder what all these naysayers would be saying right now if Eli had wanted to play for the Chiefs and had forced it to happen?

HolmeZz
12-19-2004, 12:07 AM
I wouldn't trade LJ for Eli. Laugh at me if you want. ;)

MGRS13
12-19-2004, 12:12 AM
:thumb:

I wonder what all these naysayers would be saying right now if Eli had wanted to play for the Chiefs and had forced it to happen?
You know the thing about Eli is no one will work harder. That kid will come in game after game year after year and get better, he really is a can't miss prospect.

KCWolfman
12-19-2004, 12:12 AM
:thumb:

The same thing I said about Bam Morris - No, I don't like his attitude.

KCWolfman
12-19-2004, 12:13 AM
You know the thing about Eli is no one will work harder. That kid will come in game after game year after year and get better, he really is a can't miss prospect.
What do you base your theory upon? There is nothing noted to suggest he works even half as hard as his brother.

Logical
12-19-2004, 12:17 AM

Exactly, from college he had the rep of working as hard or harder than Peyton in prep for the games.

MGRS13
12-19-2004, 12:17 AM
What do you base your theory upon? There is nothing noted to suggest he works even half as hard as his brother.
Peyton only won 3 games his rookie year Eli will be fine.

KCWolfman
12-19-2004, 09:33 AM
#1. My question was what do you base your theory that he will work harder than anyone else upon? There is no current story that I have read that suggest he spends hours alone at the facility studying films after everyone leaves as his brother does.

#2. Peyton played for one of the worst 3 teams in the NFL which had a reputation of loss for well over a decade. He played from the first snap of the season and didn't miss a single offensive snap for years to come. The comparison is ridiculous.

RNR
12-19-2004, 09:58 AM
The fact his dad was a outstanding player and his brother is the best QB in the NFL does nothing to assure he will do well. Peyton had the advanage of following a great player years after he played, Eli has not only the pressure of his dad from years ago, but big brother hanging over his head.

Add the fact he showed his ass on draft day and now plays in a fish bowl city like New York this kid has a plate full. Time will tell, but IMO there are just as many reasons if not more to think he will struggle.

Ultra Peanut
12-19-2004, 10:05 AM
Hey Vlad glad to see I'm not the only one who likes Eli. You know regaurding football you and I think alot alike.So, basically, you're saying you're a moron?

Ultra Peanut
12-19-2004, 10:11 AM
#1. My question was what do you base your theory that he will work harder than anyone else upon? There is no current story that I have read that suggest he spends hours alone at the facility studying films after everyone leaves as his brother does.

#2. Peyton played for one of the worst 3 teams in the NFL which had a reputation of loss for well over a decade. He played from the first snap of the season and didn't miss a single offensive snap for years to come. The comparison is ridiculous.But... but... HIS NAME IS MANNING!!!!!!

Ultra Peanut
12-19-2004, 10:21 AM
Ricky Manning and Danny Manning would also make great QBs.

Praise be to Elisha.

Rain Man
12-19-2004, 11:19 AM
I hope Eli the Great has a two-year career of ineptitude and nagging groin injuries.