PDA

View Full Version : I hope management....

Deberg_1990
12-19-2004, 02:35 PM
Doesnt make the mistake of thinking we are a better team than we really are based on this game or how we have played the last few weeks. This is still a bad defense, they just happen to play slighty better at home from time to time. We still need a major overhaul on D starting with a CB, a Safety, A MLB, and a LDE.

Deberg_1990
12-19-2004, 02:56 PM
anyone else feel a "hollow victory" feeling today??

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-19-2004, 02:59 PM
Ture. The d still needs major changes in the off-season. Let's hope they get it done.

No victory over denver feels hollow to me.

Deberg_1990
12-19-2004, 03:52 PM
Dont be so easily fooled. This defense still blows big time. Denver killed themselves on alot of drives with penalties. 810 just said this team remimds them of the 2002 team. Interesting?? That team did the same thing this team is doing. They had a few big wins in December when the pressure was off. Why didnt we retool our secondary completely after that year????

2bikemike
12-19-2004, 03:57 PM
I have no illusions about this defense. It needs to be rebuilt next year at every level. Linebacker and Corner most important IMHO. I think we need a minimum of 2 vet. FA aquisitions that are definate leaders and playmakers.

But as far as today goes it was a sweet ass whooping that makes my day. Anytime we win in the division its sweet regardless of our W/L record. More so with Denver and Oakland.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-19-2004, 04:00 PM
Dont be so easily fooled. This defense still blows big time.
Huh???I agreed with you. How was I fooled?

Deberg_1990
12-19-2004, 04:01 PM
I have no illusions about this defense. It needs to be rebuilt next year at every level. Linebacker and Corner most important IMHO. I think we need a minimum of 2 vet. FA aquisitions that are definate leaders and playmakers.

But as far as today goes it was a sweet ass whooping that makes my day. Anytime we win in the division its sweet regardless of our W/L record. More so with Denver and Oakland.

Dont get me wrong, a win is always good, but its still somewhat hollow for me, sad to say. Why couldnt we show up for games 1 or 2 months ago when it mattered??

Sure-Oz
12-19-2004, 04:01 PM
It wasn't a hollow victory, they played well. Our D still has huge holes and needs help right away, we won't win shit with this D.

Deberg_1990
12-19-2004, 04:05 PM
Sorry guys, dont mean to be a downer or take anything away.....its jsut troubling to me that we only show up when the pressure is finally off 2 out of the past 3 years. I hope management feels the same way i do right now but I fear they do not.

Hammock Parties
12-19-2004, 04:07 PM
I definitely got the sense that the way the D played today might fool some people.

We still need a CB opposite Warfield.

The D-line is good but could be great with a good pass rusher opposite Allen. Even though Hicks got sack #4 today

HolmeZz
12-19-2004, 04:21 PM
We murdered them. Not a hollow win at all.