PDA

View Full Version : From the KU FREE Board................

chiefqueen
12-19-2004, 03:47 PM
Simien has reportedly told some friends he's out several weeks with that thumb injury. :banghead::deevee::banghead:

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-19-2004, 03:49 PM
Thanks for pooping on my victory parade today.

cmh6476
12-20-2004, 08:51 AM
that might not be so bad. Give the younguns some PT, and get them where they need to be. And Wayne should be fine by the time we really need him :thumb:

Skip Towne
12-20-2004, 08:57 AM
I hope we don't need to shoot a lot of technical fouls. He's our best free thrower.

ROYC75
12-20-2004, 09:10 AM
How many is several ?

With GT and KY coming up in the next few weeks ......

ROYC75
12-20-2004, 09:11 AM
Simien suffers sprain; status undetermined
By Gary Bedore, Assistant Sports Editor

Monday, December 20, 2004

Kansas University senior Wayne Simien suffered a sprained left thumb in Saturday's victory over South Carolina.

X-rays taken Saturday night showed no broken bones.

"It's definitely a sprained left thumb, but we don't know to what extent," KU coach Bill Self said Sunday through the KU media-relations department.

"We'll know more after testing on Monday. We'll have to let things calm down," he added, referring to the injury and the swelling.

Simien, who was hacked hard as he prepared to hoist a shot in the lane in the second half, was able to continue in the game after getting taped. He finished with 20 points and 11 rebounds in 35 minutes.

Simien's status for Wednesday's 7 p.m. contest against Wisconsin-Milwaukee in Kemper Arena is undetermined. Self was expected to address the injury at today's weekly media conference.

HC_Chief
12-20-2004, 09:14 AM
That ref should be fired.... he was right in front of that <i>obvious</i> foul, but no call?! The dude didn't even try for the ball - he took a chop at Wayne's hand. He's the same punk who threw a punch later in the game. POS thug

the Talking Can
12-20-2004, 09:17 AM
I just pray there is no ligament damage.

ROYC75
12-20-2004, 09:29 AM
Probally for 2 games......

Rest it and then play with it taped up.

Rain Man
12-20-2004, 09:30 AM
Tracy Simien? Dang. We'll have to start Mitchell again.

Skip Towne
12-20-2004, 09:36 AM
Tracy Simien? Dang. We'll have to start Mitchell again.
Wrong monkey. Wayne Simien.

Saulbadguy
12-20-2004, 09:55 AM
AKA Big Dub

This shouldn't be too big of a deal IMO. We have Wisconsin Milwaukee coming up, and then Georgia Tech. GT just lost to Gonzaga, so KU sans Simien should be able to beat them at home. Just hope he is ready for conference play.

HC_Chief
12-20-2004, 10:03 AM
AKA Big Dub

This shouldn't be too big of a deal IMO. We have Wisconsin Milwaukee coming up, and then Georgia Tech. GT just lost to Gonzaga, so KU sans Simien should be able to beat them at home. Just hope he is ready for conference play.

:spock:
Methinks you're a bit cocky about this team. They look <i>completely</i> different w/o Simien. Hard not to: the guy averages a double-double per game. He's usually good for 20+ points, 10+ rebounds and foul trouble for the <I>other</i> team. Losing Wayne for any period of time is bad.... it's terrible when you face a team like GT. Our freshmen may look great in limited action, but remember: they're FRESHMEN.

Saulbadguy
12-20-2004, 10:05 AM
:spock:
Methinks you're a bit cocky about this team. They look <i>completely</i> different w/o Simien. Hard not to: the guy averages a double-double per game. He's usually good for 20+ points, 10+ rebounds and foul trouble for the <I>other</i> team. Losing Wayne for any period of time is bad.... it's terrible when you face a team like GT. Our freshmen may look great in limited action, but remember: they're FRESHMEN.
Yup..its bad, but as long as he gets back for conference play, I don't see it being a big deal. A loss to GT or Kentucky wouldn't set KU back much. Conference play is what matters...

Rain Man
12-20-2004, 10:05 AM

No, that's Wayne Simmons. Sometimes I wonder if you're paying any attention at all.

Imon Yourside
12-20-2004, 10:07 AM
um..hello! did anyone notice wayne PLAYING with the shoulder injury? i don't think this will keep him out of any game we need him for, afterall he even came back and played in the same game he got hurt, and i agree without simien we have no Bigs depth and are gonna be hurting bigtime.

HC_Chief
12-20-2004, 10:07 AM
Yup..its bad, but as long as he gets back for conference play, I don't see it being a big deal. A loss to GT or Kentucky wouldn't set KU back much. Conference play is what matters...

True, but I want to beat GT damn it!!! :D

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-20-2004, 10:08 AM
No, that's Wayne Simmons. Sometimes I wonder if you're paying any attention at all.
The Chiefs did have a LB (?) named Tracy Simien a few years ago.

Saulbadguy
12-20-2004, 10:10 AM
True, but I want to beat GT damn it!!! :D
As long as CJ Giles doesn't put up a double double for GT, I think KU is in good shape for a W.

HC_Chief
12-20-2004, 10:12 AM
As long as CJ Giles doesn't put up a double double for GT, I think KU is in good shape for a W.

hahaha, ouch.
Notice he didn't come back in the game after that little gaffe? :D

Saulbadguy
12-20-2004, 10:13 AM
hahaha, ouch.
Notice he didn't come back in the game after that little gaffe? :D
I didn't get to see the game, but I heard that...hopefully he lives it down someday.

HC_Chief
12-20-2004, 10:16 AM
"Live it down"? Heh, never happen. His teammates will give him shit about that for the rest of his career at KU.

Coach Self, on the other hand, will BENCH his ass if he does that again. Self can forgive taking bad shots from time to time or having turnovers, but not having your head in the game? Inexcusable.

Lzen
12-20-2004, 10:18 AM
That ref should be fired.... he was right in front of that <i>obvious</i> foul, but no call?! The dude didn't even try for the ball - he took a chop at Wayne's hand. He's the same punk who threw a punch later in the game. POS thug

Yep. That damn punk should've been ejected.
:cuss:

Rain Man
12-20-2004, 10:18 AM
The Chiefs did have a LB (?) named Tracy Simien a few years ago.

They had a LB named Wayne Simmons too, at about the same time. I'm just monkeying around on the simian thread.

ROYC75
12-20-2004, 10:54 AM

I couldn't believe he did that :rolleyes: ..... Self pulled him and didn't say a word to him, he didn't have too ! :shake:

chiefqueen
12-20-2004, 06:39 PM
Jack Harry just reported Simien's out 4 to 6 weeks after thumb surgery.

I think Self & Perkins have been hanging out with Peterson b/c only Peterson can cover up the severity of an injury that well.

chiefqueen
12-20-2004, 06:44 PM
Simien out 4 to 6 weeks following surgery

J-W Staff Reports
Monday, December 20, 2004
Kansas University senior Wayne Simien underwent surgery on his left thumb Monday night and will miss four to six weeks, head coach Bill Self announced Monday.
Simien injured his thumb in the second half of Kansas' 64-60 win against South Carolina on Dec. 18. Self said doctors informed him x-rays indicated there was no break but further testing showed damage to a tendon.
"We all feel for Wayne, but after visiting with Wayne, his family and all the doctors who have seen him, I strongly encouraged Wayne to go through the procedure," Self said. "We believe having Wayne at 100 percent the final two months of the season is far better than having him 60 to 70 percent.
"Though this is unfortunate, we still have a solid group of seniors who can lead us through this. We also will have to have some other players step up while Wayne is out."
With 13:45 remaining, the Leavenworth, Kan., forward was hacked while shooting by a South Carolina player. Simien left the floor and the thumb was taped. He returned to finish with 20 points and 11 rebounds to notch his Big 12-leading sixth double-double of the season. His dunk at 1:41 mark gave KU the lead for good in the game.

chiefqueen
12-20-2004, 06:46 PM
There goes the Wooden, Naismith, and CLASS awards.

beavis
12-20-2004, 06:48 PM
This thread brings a tear to my eye.

Saulbadguy
12-20-2004, 07:27 PM
Well, shit.

teedubya
12-20-2004, 08:19 PM
:deevee:

WilliamTheIrish
12-20-2004, 09:47 PM
Should be used to it by now.

Guy's been injured very year of his career.