PDA

View Full Version : Williams: Bronco Grades

Bob Dole
12-20-2004, 07:13 AM
Can't find much to quibble with here. Grade: A

Offense: D

This is becoming a bad habit. The Broncos move the ball, they get first downs, but they don't finish drives. Denver had 402 yards and 24 first downs Sunday yet was out of the game offensively. In the past two games, including a 20-17 squeaker over Miami last week, Denver has totaled 817 yards of offense and 48 first downs. But the Broncos have scored just 37 points. Once again, turnovers and penalties killed their offensive attack.

Defense: F

Denver's defense has kept it in games all season. But Sunday, the unit had its worst outing and looked overmatched. Kansas City's offense, ranked second in the NFL, rolled up 410 yards.

Special teams: F

A team can't allow a kickoff return for a touchdown, on the road, to start the game and expect to win. This game turned ugly quickly as Kansas City return dynamo Dante Hall took the opening kickoff 97 yards for a touchdown. A low kickoff by Jason Baker kept Denver from getting downfield quickly.

Coaching: D

Was it coaching or flat playing? The team fell behind so quickly, the offensive scheme had to be scrapped. It was a tough day for everyone.

Overall: F

The Broncos still can make the playoffs, but they won't get far if they play anything like they did Sunday. The Broncos had no chance against the Chiefs. They must bounce back at Tennessee on Saturday night, or the season could be over.

the Talking Can
12-20-2004, 08:02 AM
I love reading the papers after an ass kicking.

A+

cdcox
12-20-2004, 08:10 AM
What a lazy bum of a sports writer. I want grades on individual players, or at least on the individual units within the O and D. I was really looking forward to wallowing in the details.

StcChief
12-20-2004, 08:11 AM
This is just what we needed.
Chiefs roll over the donxs.

OldTownChief
12-20-2004, 08:14 AM
This game turned ugly quickly

ROFL Not from my point of view.

the Talking Can
12-20-2004, 08:19 AM
What a lazy bum of a sports writer. I want grades on individual players, or at least on the individual units within the O and D. I was really looking forward to wallowing in the details.

let me help:

Plummber: F...for shit head.

Shanrahan: F...for gayest coach in league.

Bailey: F....for being Bartee's lost brother.

Wilson: F...for being Ray Lewis with none of the talent.

Lynch: F...for starting a slap fight and then collapsing into the pile of his shredded groin as LJ pimp walked into the end zone.

Ashley Lelie: F...for bust.

Coyers: F...for foot in mouth.

Bertrand Berry: A...for leaving Denver and racking up 12 sacks in Arizona.

Washington: A...for trading player they didn't need for a 1500 yard RB.

OldTownChief
12-20-2004, 08:21 AM
Coyers: F...for foot in mouth.

ROFL

Skip Towne
12-20-2004, 08:26 AM
Aren't ass kickings fun? Not a Donk troll in sight. BTW, MHM attended the game and he deserves a severe chiding about its outcome.

stevieray
12-20-2004, 08:57 AM
Jake Plumawful

jollymon
12-20-2004, 09:42 AM
Heh...Always liked peeking at other people's report cards...

Eleazar
12-20-2004, 09:46 AM
A low kickoff by Jason Baker kept Denver from getting downfield quickly.

Ooops! ROFL