PDA

View Full Version : So … how the hell is everyone (family update, Chiefs stuff, etc.)?

Mark M
12-20-2004, 09:08 AM
The demands of work and my new son (pic attached) have really limited my time around here lately, so just thought I’d drop in to see how everyone is doing, share some Chiefs thoughts, and wish everyone a happy holiday season.

My son is now 4 months old and weights over 20 lbs and is 27” long… basically, he’s the size of a freaking 7 month old. I’m going to have to teach that kid how to block a DE so me and the Mrs. can retire early. Well, that and find out who his real dad is … ;) :D

The Chiefs … well, it’s been a disappointing, but incredibly entertaining season. Every game has been close, and seeing them demolish the Donkeys really made the season. LJ has taken the diaper off, Trent is as efficient as ever, and KC just may have TWO 1K-yard receivers.

There are three things they desperately need (all of which can be filed under “D” for “DUH!.
<LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">LB – Beisel, Mitchell, Caver, Jones, Barber (when he was in there) missed tackle after tackle after tackle, and an upgrade anywhere other than ROLB (since I think Fuj is serviceable) would go a long, long way to improve this defense. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">CB – The only big name out there is Smoot, and I’d be stunned if the Skins didn’t slap him with the franchise tag. I think the guy is a bit overrated, but he’s better than the scrubs KC has now. I say get a big name to play opposite of Warfield, cut Bartee and McCleon, out Sapp at nickel and move Battle to FS. Draft a dime back. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Not sure who in FA will be out there on the defensive side, but I wouldn’t mind seeing KC trade their 1st and 2nd this year, along with perhaps a 1st next year, to move up in the draft and get the LB out of Texas (Williams?) or Erasamus James from the Badgers. They may even be able to trade away fewer picks and move up into the top 15, rather than the top 10, and still get an impact player.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! I hope everyone has a safe, happy holiday season (Xmas, Kwanza, Chanukah, Festivus or whatever you celebrate). If you’re like me, you’ll try not to kill your family, enjoy watching the smile on other’s faces and not really care what you get in return … although I’m really hoping the Mrs. got me an Xbox. :D

That is all for now. Not sure when I’ll be back to visit, but I wish each and every one of you the very best …

well, except for TacoJohn. I hope he gets a case of infected genital warts the day before he finds his wife in bed with a Faider fan, and the day after the Donkeys get bounced from playoff contention.

Everyone else can have a happy holiday season.

MM
~~:spank: :D

Mark M
12-20-2004, 09:10 AM
And here's a pic of my son.

Ain't he cute?

MM
~~:)

seclark
12-20-2004, 09:11 AM

Ain't he cute?

MM
looks just like me...Merry Christmas.
sec

the Talking Can
12-20-2004, 09:11 AM
I've started playing Knights of the Old Republic II on Xbox. I've never played a non-sports game before. Now I'm a piece of furniture.

Mark M
12-20-2004, 09:12 AM
looks just like me...Merry Christmas.
sec

ROFL

The difference being he can already string more than 4 words together at a time ...

MM
~~:p

Dartgod
12-20-2004, 09:13 AM

Ain't he cute?

MM
Yes he is cute. And yes, you better get busy finding out who his real dad is. :D

Happy Holidays to you and the family!

Gaz
12-20-2004, 09:15 AM
Yes he is cute. And yes, you better get busy finding out who his real dad is...

Nonsense.

He should just love the boy as his own.

xoxo~
Gaz
Does not need another paternity suit.

seclark
12-20-2004, 09:15 AM
ROFL

The difference being he can already string more than 4 words together at a time ...

MM
~~:p
can't be mine then.
sec

Bob Dole
12-20-2004, 09:16 AM
Damn...the kid already weighs more than you.

Mark M
12-20-2004, 09:22 AM

Pretty much.

You should see the look on people's faces when they look at the little Michelin man that he is, then look at me and the wife.

One person asked if he was adopted.

MM
~~ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
12-20-2004, 11:05 AM
Glad to hear the li'l laddy is doing well.

Merry Christams to ya.

Rain Man
12-20-2004, 11:11 AM
Fine. How are you?

ROYC75
12-20-2004, 11:15 AM

Just what I was thinking......... :thumb:

Cute kid, already has more looks than his dad.