PDA

View Full Version : Any Planeteers currently in Okinawa, Ramstein?

Braincase
12-20-2004, 11:15 AM
Heading on the road next month, teaching classes for the Air Force in Japan & Germany. I'd love to meet some Chiefs fans in far off places, and I might be able to bring a little something from home if needed.

I always like working with our troops. It's a privilege and an honor for me. Let me know what I can bring, and no, Phil, I ain't going to anyplace called "Whisper Alley". :)

Rain Man
12-20-2004, 11:23 AM
Are you coming to Denver? We're pretty backwards and isolated.

Phobia
12-20-2004, 11:23 AM
That's probably smart. Bring some money with you. Home Theater products are incredibly cheap over there. I don't know what else you can bring for the troops, though. They have all the comforts of home available on base. Bring a couple books for those long flights though. They're brutal.

Braincase
12-20-2004, 11:28 AM
That's probably smart. Bring some money with you. Home Theater products are incredibly cheap over there. I don't know what else you can bring for the troops, though. They have all the comforts of home available on base. Bring a couple books for those long flights though. They're brutal.

I'd appreciate any "checklist items". I've got Melatonin & a New Zealand product called "No-Jet-Lag" that is pretty popular. I'll also drink lots of water on the flight, as I know that contributes to issues going across. Books, mp3 player, power adapter, temporary travel life insurance, meds, go to the dentist before I go... and suggestions are helpful.

I wonder how well a Scott Fujita jersey would go over in Japan...

Phobia
12-20-2004, 11:34 AM
Sorry. I don't have any kind of checklist. When I went, it was just like shipping out anywhere else. I brought myself and the stuff I needed. Nothing special.

It really won't be any different than visiting a military base stateside except for the jetlag.

One thing that is incredibly interesting about Okinawa is all the white cars. That's all I got. White cars.

Lame, huh?

Braincase
12-20-2004, 11:36 AM
Sorry. I don't have any kind of checklist. When I went, it was just like shipping out anywhere else. I brought myself and the stuff I needed. Nothing special.

It really won't be any different than visiting a military base stateside except for the jetlag.

One thing that is incredibly interesting about Okinawa is all the white cars. That's all I got. White cars.

Lame, huh?

And if you see guys walking around wearing dresses and carrying swords, DON'T PISS THEM OFF!