PDA

View Full Version : Funny Broncos Tidbit.

Rain Man
12-21-2004, 07:08 PM
I don't have a link, but the local paper here had a big article about all of the Denver penalties in the game on Sunday.

They mentioned the penalty against John Lynch when he tried to punch LJ in the head after the play was over. John Lynch said that players were yelling that there was a fumble, and he was just trying to recover the ball (which he apparently mistook for LJ's head).

When the ref threw the flag, Lynch said that he went over and complained and stated that his intention was to recover a (supposed) fumble. He said that he knew it looked like he cheap-shotted LJ, but that wasn't his intent. He asked the ref what he thought Lynch's intentions were.

The ref said, "I think your intention was to hit him in the head."

I just thought that was kind of funny.

2bikemike
12-21-2004, 07:11 PM
I don't have a link, but the local paper here had a big article about all of the Denver penalties in the game on Sunday.

They mentioned the penalty against John Lynch when he tried to punch LJ in the head after the play was over. John Lynch said that players were yelling that there was a fumble, and he was just trying to recover the ball (which he apparently mistook for LJ's head).

When the ref threw the flag, Lynch said that he went over and complained and stated that his intention was to recover a (supposed) fumble. He said that he knew it looked like he cheap-shotted LJ, but that wasn't his intent. He asked the ref what he thought Lynch's intentions were.

The ref said, "I think your intention was to hit him in the head."

I just thought that was kind of funny.

Sure makes Lynch seem kinda stupid. Or maybe Lynch just thought the official was stupid.

booger
12-21-2004, 07:12 PM
What excuse did Rod Smith give for his cheap shot on Jared Allen?

Taco John
12-21-2004, 07:18 PM
There is a shortage of Massingil in this place.

booger
12-21-2004, 07:22 PM
Extremely Outlandish

morphius
12-21-2004, 07:38 PM
Well of course there is, now if you would stop using so much of it then it wouldn't be a problem here.

Hammock Parties
12-21-2004, 07:53 PM
Larry's Johnson is now sporting Lynch's Jock:

http://img147.exs.cx/img147/5569/Johnson-32YDTDRun2.gif

Redcoats58
12-21-2004, 07:56 PM
How do you miss a runningback that is coming right at you? LJ just made the slightest of cuts and Lynch tore his glass vagina.

Hammock Parties
12-21-2004, 07:58 PM
How do you miss a runningback that is coming right at you? LJ just made the slightest of cuts and Lynch tore his glass vagina.

Man, look at the move he puts on Lynch. He runs like Barry Sanders.

No wonder he punched Larry in the head. He knew his only chance of stopping him was to knock him out cold.

FloridaChief
12-21-2004, 08:22 PM
This is just killling you, isn't it?

craneref
12-21-2004, 09:59 PM
Hey, give Lynch a break, it is hard enough sucking on TV like that. I am thinking that he really didn't want a piece of LJ coming full speed, I don't think it would have matter if he would have made contace, then Lynch would have just looked worse, like when Earl Campbell ran over Steve Foley and broke his collar bone. I think the only reason that he tried to hit LJ in the helmet with his hand is that he couldn't get the top of his helmet down that far :p GO CHIEFS

KCWolfman
12-21-2004, 10:07 PM
Ironic coming from the "I want to be governor" state.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-21-2004, 10:12 PM
you can take the boy out of tampon bay...

OldTownChief
12-21-2004, 10:13 PM
Larry's Johnson is now sporting Lynch's Jock:

http://img147.exs.cx/img147/5569/Johnson-32YDTDRun2.gif

ROFL The ref looked like he about shit his pants trying to get clear.

TEX
12-21-2004, 10:52 PM
What excuse did Rod Smith give for his cheap shot on Jared Allen?

I'm sure the Rat sent film to the league office to prove it was "legal." :shake:

Chan93lx50
12-21-2004, 11:02 PM
Well when ever I make my wife feel like a bitch she slaps me in the head too!

So I guess Lynch must have felt the same way!