PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Charger game

Deberg_1990
12-21-2004, 08:43 PM
Lets assume we beat the Raiders this Saturday like I think we probably will. It looks like this Charger game could hold some really signifigant meaning to the Chargers if they beat the Colts this Sunday. They could skip past the Pats and get the 1st round bye if they win out and the Pats lost again according to Peter King http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/peter_king/12/21/mmqb.te.afc.race/index.html

So the question is, do we do Marty a favor and tank the game, or do we give them a fight and let the Pats have the bye?? Should be interesting these next few NFL weekends.....

Hammock Parties
12-21-2004, 08:44 PM
No. **** em.

Logical
12-21-2004, 08:48 PM
Tanking for a draft choice.... moderately acceptable

Tanking for Marty.... NO F*CKING WAY

OldTownChief
12-21-2004, 08:49 PM
We do everything we can to beat the hell out of them to send a message and remind them of who ownes the AFC West.

Deberg_1990
12-21-2004, 08:49 PM
I think this is going to be one hell of a game. Considering how well we have played these past few weeks.....

OldTownChief
12-21-2004, 08:54 PM
As long as he coaches in our division, I will be completely happy for him to maintain his playoff record of quick exits.

tk13
12-21-2004, 08:59 PM
Screw them, I was over reading the Colts forum today and all of a sudden there are Charger fans out of the woodwork talking about how great they are... one of the idiots was going on about how they "crushed" KC and the Colts lost so the Colts shouldn't be too confident, blah blah blah... damn bandwagon jumpers. A part of me really would like to see Marty has some success because I really don't think he's a bad guy and hasn't deserved what he's gotten but the thought of all those damn bangwagoners talking trash annoys me. I hope we beat them by 30.

milkman
12-22-2004, 11:42 AM
Screw them, I was over reading the Colts forum today and all of a sudden there are Charger fans out of the woodwork talking about how great they are... one of the idiots was going on about how they "crushed" KC and the Colts lost so the Colts shouldn't be too confident, blah blah blah... damn bandwagon jumpers. A part of me really would like to see Marty has some success because I really don't think he's a bad guy and hasn't deserved what he's gotten but the thought of all those damn bangwagoners talking trash annoys me. I hope we beat them by 30.

He's not a bad guy, but he deserves everything he's gotten.

He earned every regular season win, and he's earned every playoff loss.

You don't achieve a 5-21 record in the playoffs by accident.

Dartgod
12-22-2004, 11:54 AM
Congratulations. You've just surpassed the "Trade Larry Johnson" thread as the Dumb Thread of the Day. :thumb:

Bearcat
12-22-2004, 12:08 PM
So the question is, do we do Marty a favor and tank the game

So is this in terms of being nice to the Chargers, or do you want Charger fans to experience the same pain we felt when we lost our first playoff game after having a bye? Because if we're eliminated this weekend, watching all the Charger fans get their hopes up might outweigh losing in SD...

LiL stumppy
12-22-2004, 12:21 PM
Doesnt matte to min.Winning will gives us a good attitude for next year but it will also give us a bad Draft pick.Doesn't matter to me.

morphius
12-22-2004, 12:24 PM
I want to abuse them like a red headed step child, just so they know what we will be bringing to them next year.

Gaz
12-22-2004, 12:27 PM
Something even more despicable than “lose for draft picks.”

xoxo~
Gaz
Watching with dismay the constant lowering of the bar.

InChiefsHeaven
12-22-2004, 12:29 PM
ANybody who thinks we should throw a game in order to get some "miracle" in the draft (which we haven't done since Tony G) can kiss my ass. I'm sorry, I just think that no matter what, you try to win, ESPECIALLY in your own division...

...all you Chief fans say it with me...**** THEM DAMN CHARGERS!!!

tk13
12-22-2004, 02:20 PM
He's not a bad guy, but he deserves everything he's gotten.

He earned every regular season win, and he's earned every playoff loss.

You don't achieve a 5-21 record in the playoffs by accident.
Ehhh I don't know... he didn't deserve the drive, or the Earnest Byner fumble at the 1, or a FG kicker missing 3 FG's... I think each of those things prevented him from 3 Super Bowl appearances. Sure he's the coach and has final responibility, but I don't think those things happened because he was a bad coach.

2bikemike
12-22-2004, 02:38 PM

You think your annoyed? Try living here in San Diego. Its fugging makes me sick I tell ya. :Lin:

Dartgod
12-22-2004, 02:40 PM
You think your annoyed? Try living here in San Diego. Its fugging makes me sick I tell ya. :Lin:
You going to that game? What's the tailgating situation like? Any parties planned? There are several Planeteers going to be at that game, I believe (myself included).

tk13
12-22-2004, 02:41 PM
I can imagine. Living in Indiana I've had to survive catching flack from Colts fans for two of the biggest playoff busts in team history... all in the last 10 years.