PDA

View Full Version : Rams have gotten steadily worse since DV left

FringeNC
12-21-2004, 09:46 PM
Checking the Sagarin ratings, the Rams are the second worst team in the entire league. What happened to that high-powered offense?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl04.htm

Martz is a good OC, but not a good HC.

Deberg_1990
12-21-2004, 09:54 PM
Well, in all fairness, Martz did get them back to the Superbowl after the 2001 season. Faulk is getting old, Chris Chandler as a QB???? and they lost Lovie Smith for the defense. Martz is still a putz though..

Logical
12-21-2004, 09:55 PM
Well, in all fairness, Martz did get them back to the Superbowl after the 2001 season. Faulk is getting old, Chris Chandler as a QB???? and they lost Lovie Smith for the defense. Martz is still a putz though..

You do realize that Faulk is only a few months older than Priest?

Frazod
12-21-2004, 09:55 PM
Works for me. :thumb:

Keeps the Lambs trolls away....

tk13
12-21-2004, 09:58 PM
Yeah but Priest doesn't have 11 seasons of wear and tear on him. Faulk has still played more games for the Colts than Priest has for the Chiefs... and that seems like ages ago.

Deberg_1990
12-21-2004, 10:01 PM

Yes, but in terms of RB mileage, Faulk is over 100,000 miles and Priest is at about 80,000 or so. Faulk became a starter very young around 1993 or so?? Priest didnt even start until 1998 I believe?? and then was injured quite a bit and then shared time with Jamal Lewis for a year.

Frazod
12-21-2004, 10:01 PM
Yeah but Priest doesn't have 11 seasons of wear and tear on him.

Yeah, but Priest has also ended two of the last three seasons on IR. Clearly the pounding is taking a toll.

tk13
12-21-2004, 10:02 PM
Yeah, but Priest has also ended two of the last three seasons on IR. Clearly the pounding is taking a toll.
Yeah, people are gunning to take him out, no doubt. Not a good situation for any running back...

FringeNC
12-21-2004, 10:06 PM
Priest isn't playing for us now...Blaylock and LJ put up good numbers in his absense...all teams have injuries...it's no excuse for being ranked 31st in the league.

Martz has skills -- DV wouldn't have won a SB without him -- but being a HC is not one of his skills.

HemiEd
12-21-2004, 10:45 PM
Checking the Sagarin ratings, the Rams are the second worst team in the entire league. What happened to that high-powered offense?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl04.htm

Martz is a good OC, but not a good HC.

I think the Rams are a good example of the high draft position is not the total answer. They ended up with a lot of the Chiefs choices for Vermiel and Green. Chiefs are getting better and Rams are getting worse. Martz is another Wannstaat. Jimmy the Hair built the Dolphins and in three years Wanny ruined them just like Martz has done to the Rams. this is my two cents!

Logical
12-21-2004, 11:04 PM
Yeah but Priest doesn't have 11 seasons of wear and tear on him. Faulk has still played more games for the Colts than Priest has for the Chiefs... and that seems like ages ago.

I just think age is not the point, if the argument was RB lifecycle then make that point, talk about number of carries etc, ie true indicators.

Finally on the shelf life argument Emmitt Smith has used up more shelf life over 4000 carries yet it appears he will rush for a 1000 yards at 3.6 ypc this year. Walter Payton in his 12th year as a starter had over 3500 carries yet ran for over 1300 yards. Meanwhile Marshall has only around 2700 carries so shelf life should not be an issue. More likely it is the way Martz is using him and problems with the Rams offensive line.

Dave Lane
12-21-2004, 11:14 PM
Martz is a total putz that tried to seal DVs thunder. Hes a decent OC but he's so f*cking arrogant he won't listen to advice.

Dave

Rausch
12-21-2004, 11:56 PM
Martz is absolutely lost as a HC and I hope they NEVAR fire him....