PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent listings from GBN site...

Coogs
12-23-2004, 03:20 PM
I know some FA lists were up a few days ago, but I ran across this one and thought some of you might like the link...

http://www.theredzone.org/2005/freeagents/index.asp

Spicy McHaggis
12-23-2004, 03:25 PM
I was scanning the list and I just realized there is a RB named Leon Johnson that plays for the Bolts. Guess LJ needs another name.

unlurking
12-23-2004, 03:27 PM
Am I missing something?

Where are the linebackers?

EDIT:
OK, got it. Have to use the drop down menu, since there is no link.

Lzen
12-23-2004, 03:30 PM
Darren Howard would make a nice replacement for Hicks. :)

ChiefsCountry
12-23-2004, 03:35 PM
Free Agency:
CB Gary Baxter
CB Renaldo Hill
MLB either Edgerton Hartwell, Rob Morris, or Nate Webster

royr17
12-23-2004, 03:42 PM
Free Agency :

CB Charles Woodson or Gary Baxter
LB Edgerton Hartwell
DE Darren Howard
FS Idrees Bashir
WR Corey Bradford

DeepSouth
12-23-2004, 03:47 PM

Howard has missed a lot of games due to injury the last couple of years. If I was a GM, the contract would be full of incentives for games played.

Brock
12-23-2004, 03:56 PM
Not a very impressive market.

Cannibal
12-23-2004, 04:01 PM
If Woodson could get his off of the field problems straightend out, I'd love to see the Chiefs sign him.

BigChiefFan
12-23-2004, 04:02 PM
If Ken Lucas becomes available, I think we should get into the mix. I also think a LBer in FA is a MUST!!! I like Bell, but his injuries concern me.

HC_Chief
12-23-2004, 04:08 PM
DE: John Abraham, Shaun Ellis, Jason Gilden, Chike Okeafor, Kavika Pittman, Darren Howard

CB: Terrell Buckley, Gary Baxter, Willie Williams, Kenny Wright, Nick Harper, Renaldo Hill, Ken Lucas, Corey Ivy, Fred Smoot

LB: Edgerton Hartwell, Adalius Thomas, Kendrell Bell, Zeke Moreno, Chris Claiborne, Tommy Polley, Julian Peterson, Jamie Duncan, Keith Burns, Jeremiah Trotter

Chiefs Pantalones
12-23-2004, 04:12 PM
If the Chiefs aren't active, I'll be ticked. This is the last dance for this offense and the DV era. Time to get the D up to speed with a spending spree, and get a WR.

BigChiefFan
12-23-2004, 04:13 PM
DE: John Abraham, Shaun Ellis, Jason Gilden, Chike Okeafor, Kavika Pittman, Darren Howard

CB: Terrell Buckley, Gary Baxter, Willie Williams, Kenny Wright, Nick Harper, Renaldo Hill, Ken Lucas, Corey Ivy, Fred Smoot

LB: Edgerton Hartwell, Adalius Thomas, Kendrell Bell, Zeke Moreno, Chris Claiborne, Tommy Polley, Julian Peterson, Jamie Duncan, Keith Burns, Jeremiah Trotter
Scratch Ellis off that list. The Jets re-signed him a few weeks ago. Other than that, the players that you mentioned are the type of players the Chiefs need to pursue to upgrade our putrid defense. If we just pursued Abraham and Lucas I would be happy. Then move up in the draft for a LBer if we have to.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-23-2004, 04:18 PM
The Chiefs almost have to be active. It was proved this year that the personnel IS the problem for this defense, there is no talent. But knowing the Chiefs, they'll come up with excuses again. Like, "it was injuries!!!", or "we need to fix the scheme, Gunther doesn't know what he's doing!!!" Nope. No way are we falling for that crap again. Gun is competent, and the players suck...fix the damn problem this time.

BigChiefFan
12-23-2004, 04:21 PM
The Chiefs almost have to be active. It was proved this year that the personnel IS the problem for this defense, there is no talent. But knowing the Chiefs, they'll come up with excuses again. Like, "it was injuries!!!", or "we need to fix the scheme, Gunther doesn't know what he's doing!!!" Nope. No way are we falling for that crap again. Gun is competent, and the players suck...fix the damn problem this time.We'll see what they do. I'm hopeful they will be active in FA with big time players, but the proof is in the pudding and Carl's previous off-season left me skeptical.

Alphaman
12-23-2004, 04:33 PM
CB - Gary Baxter, Ken Lucas, or Dwight Smith (I think Woodson's latest indiscretion will lead to a 2 game suspension. Warfield will have the same. We don't need to go into the 1st games with out either starting WR). Dwight Smith plays for the Buccaneers and I believe will be a FA this year. He's a playmaker that has played CB and Safety.

MLB - Ed Hartwell or Kendrell Bell

OLB - Julien Peterson

WR - Joey Porter

1st 3 rounds of the draft (assuming we draft 18th):

Round 1 Carlos Rogers CB Auburn
Round 2 Chris Canty DE Virginia
Round 3 Alex Smith QB Utah or Andrew Walter QB Arizona St

OR based on the mock draft by NFL Draft Countdown

Round 1 Mathias Kiwanuka - DE - Boston College
Round 2 Corey Webster - CB - LSU
Round 3 Alex Smith QB UTAH or Andrew Walter QB Arizona St

Chiefs Pantalones
12-23-2004, 04:35 PM
We'll see what they do. I'm hopeful they will be active in FA with big time players, but the proof is in the pudding and Carl's previous off-season left me skeptical.

Good points. DV pointed out the other day that the offense is mostly made up of players they didn't draft; FAs, undrafted FAs, trades, etc. Well, it's time to do that to the defense. It's time to do some FA spending on that side of the ball like they did with the offense (but I do want a WR for the offense).

teedubya
12-23-2004, 05:04 PM
Remember how Julian Peterson of 49ers OWNED TG last year? Man, Id love him in Red and Gold.

Mr. Laz
12-23-2004, 06:01 PM
Remember how Julian Peterson of 49ers OWNED TG last year? Man, Id love him in Red and Gold.

that would be schweet :clap:

a linebacker that can actually cover a tightend without 2 more guys helping him. Woo Woo

my shortlist:

CB Ken Lucas
CB Fred Smoot
LB Julian Peterson
LB Ed Hartwell
K Adam Vinatieri

Digital Takawira
12-23-2004, 06:25 PM

i remember how he held TG almost every play and was damn near strangling him on some.

not sure if thats considered owning. owning is what Larry Johnson did to the donkeys last week.

greeneggsandham
12-23-2004, 08:38 PM

anybody would be a nice replacement for hicks...

booger
12-24-2004, 12:06 AM
Ken Lucas would be #1 on my wishlist.

only 26 years old.

10 career ints and 46 passed defensed in 4 seasons.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235227

Frankie
12-24-2004, 01:01 AM
i remember how he held TG almost every play and was damn near strangling him on some.

not sure if thats considered owning. owning is what Larry Johnson did to the donkeys last week.

My thoughts exactly.

Gonzo has never been "owned." "Held" yes, but "owned?"

Frankie
12-24-2004, 01:10 AM
Inspired by another thread about the future of our O-line, I took a gander at the available OTs. Pittsburgh's got two UFAs there. Also Orlando Pace is available.... Affordable?

Spicy McHaggis
12-24-2004, 02:41 AM
Inspired by another thread about the future of our O-line, I took a gander at the available OTs. Pittsburgh's got two UFAs there. Also Orlando Pace is available.... Affordable?

Orlando Pace has been franchised something like the last 2 or 3 seasons. The Lambs probably don't let him walk this year either. His deal would break the bank too, money better spent on the otherside of the ball.

yoswif
12-24-2004, 09:43 AM
The Chief's management seem pretty commited to spending on some defensive free agents to fill positions where they don't have a consistent starter. A starting right cornerback is an absolute must in free agency, imo. Of those available, I prefer Ken Lucas.

Right outside linebacker looks nearly as unsettled going into the offseason as right cornerback. Like Lucas, ROLB Will Witherspoon of the Panthers is a young experienced veteran who is ready to have the 4 to 5 best years of his career.

If the two most unsettled positions are filled with a free agent starter, then I think the Chiefs are in a position to draft the best defensive player available with their top picks.

Frankie
12-24-2004, 12:34 PM
Orlando Pace has been franchised something like the last 2 or 3 seasons. The Lambs probably don't let him walk this year either. His deal would break the bank too, money better spent on the otherside of the ball.

Good. Let the Rams franchise/frustrate him one more year. I'd take him in 06 when Roaf is likely retired.

jAZ
12-24-2004, 12:38 PM
http://www.theredzone.org
A little word of advice, don't try to remember this websites name and try to go there directly while on your work computer.

You'll more than likely end up at theredzone.com, which is not QUITE the same site. Maybe useful in it own right, but...

;)

jAZ
12-24-2004, 12:39 PM
Have we signed Earthwind yet?

Damn it, Carl! :cuss: