PDA

View Full Version : Green Vs. Vick

CosmicPal
12-24-2004, 07:15 AM
Vick is now REALLY loaded with his beefy new contract. Since the signing, I've heard mixed reviews on whether or not he warrants such a contract. Personally- I don't think his numbers justify that kind of money. Yes, his team wins with him in there, and Yes- he's one of the most exciting players to play the game- but, his numbers simply don't justify that kind of dough.

Anyways....so, I was thinking last night: Would I rather have Vick as my QB for the Chiefs, or would I have Green?

And the answer is: Green.

I simply don't think Vick has the passing ability to keep this offense rolling down the field. As electrifying as Vick would be- I would still take Green as my QB. So, if Vick is getting this kind of money- wouldn't Green deserve it too?

Kerberos
12-24-2004, 07:29 AM
The only thing Vick can do that Green can't is take the game into his OWN hands and win it 90% of the time with PURE athleticism. Not that Green can't win a game.. that is not my point ... but VICK seems to have the knack to get it done by himself in the 4th quarter by just being VICK .. IMHO !

For EVERDAY football ... Green is my man too..

But Both Quarterbacks have strengths that the other one doesn't ...

Ask this same question a couple of years from now when Green is at the end of his career and VICK is at the TOP of his game!

:)

Cliff

Skip Towne
12-24-2004, 07:53 AM
I'll take Green for our offense. Vick would be much better in the single wing.

NewChief
12-24-2004, 08:31 AM
Vick gets that kind of money because he generates so much revenue. People buy tickets to come watch him play. People buy his merchandise. They make commercials based on him. He's "marquee". Like you said, his onfield statistics don't add up, but his off the field revenue generation does.

RedandGold
12-24-2004, 09:49 AM
Vick isn't getting that type of contract because of what he has done. He's getting it because of what they expect him to become.

He has already brought an element of excitement to Falcons football, and they are making a safe bet that he is only going to get better over time.

For right now, Green is the better QB for the Chiefs. However, Vick would easily be worth the money for a long-term solution.

Eleazar
12-24-2004, 10:40 AM
OVER-RATED

bum bum bum bum bum

Deberg_1990
12-24-2004, 10:49 AM
Vick is fun to watch but he wont win a damn thing until he learns to sit in the pocket, read a defense and become a more accurate passer. Not one scambling NFL QB has ever won a Super Bowl before.

greeneggsandham
12-24-2004, 10:52 AM
maybe if we were talking about which player i'd want in Madden, i'll take Vick.

but if we're talking about real life... green. no question

LTownChief
12-24-2004, 11:10 AM
OVER-RATED

bum bum bum bum bum

ya, taking your team to the playoffs both years you've been healthy or able to start. What a bum! winning games, what a bum! I don't think some people know their football from their ass

Phobia
12-24-2004, 11:17 AM
So, if Vick is getting this kind of money- wouldn't Green deserve it too?

Nobody deserves that kind of money. Not Bill Gates, not Mike Vick, not George W. Bush - nobody.

Mr. Laz
12-24-2004, 11:44 AM
you gotta take vick

because of age if for no other reason

Vick also creates so much excitement with his playing style

Green is prolly the better QB right now, but i would trade Green for Vick right now easily.

alanm
12-24-2004, 11:53 AM
I'd take Vick for his arm strength and legs. But Green for his accuracy and decision making. Green hasn't missed a game since joining the Chiefs. Vick has been injured about half the time. Do you really want a QB for $100 Million who may be on the sidelines half the time? For that kind of money I guarantee they put the brakes on his scrambling.

LTownChief
12-24-2004, 01:42 PM
I'd take Vick for his arm strength and legs. But Green for his accuracy and decision making. Green hasn't missed a game since joining the Chiefs. Vick has been injured about half the time. Do you really want a QB for $100 Million who may be on the sidelines half the time? For that kind of money I guarantee they put the brakes on his scrambling.

that's a lot of money for him, and the injuries are a major concern. But I just can't get how a lot of people thinks that he sucks. He's the entire offense for that team. and saying that the running game is the major part of the offense, well why didn't they have that good of a running game last year with the same backs? Because Vick causes so much trouble for defenses and he makes the entire offense better.

Logical
12-24-2004, 01:45 PM
There are a lot of other QBs I might take over Green, but Vick is definitely NOT one of them.

2bikemike
12-24-2004, 02:38 PM
IMHO Vick is going to get himself hurt with all that scrambling. If he can learn to be a pocket passer he might be ok. His stats aren't all that good.

I am not so sure he will ever be the great QB everybody thinks. I believe that if he loses his ability to do it with is legs he will become a very below avg QB.

go bo
12-24-2004, 02:44 PM
IMHO Vick is going to get himself hurt with all that scrambling. If he can learn to be a pocket passer he might be ok. His stats aren't all that good.

I am not so sure he will ever be the great QB everybody thinks. I believe that if he loses his ability to do it with is legs he will become a very below avg QB.and that's being charitable...

elvomito
12-24-2004, 02:48 PM
vick is the jordan of the nfl, he's the priest holmes of QBs. an impact player even if he throws no TDs
that being said, he needs a pippen...
can you imagine another super-playmaker on our offense???

LTownChief
12-24-2004, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=2bikemike] His stats aren't all that good.

QUOTE]

stats are all that people can see sometimes. Vick wins games. this is his fourth year.

-2001 = 7-9 without using Vick much, Chandler had an 84 QB rating. missed playoffs.
-2002 = 10-6. Vick started 15 games. 81 QB rating. Falcons beat Packers 27-7 in Green Bay in Wild Card playoff game. Here is a quote from an article after that game:
"Vick's numbers weren't great -- 117 yards passing, 64 rushing -- but he was his usual phenomenal self. Over and over, he turned broken plays into big ones"
Then the Falcons lost to Philly in the Divisional game.
-2003 = Vick goes down, he did not play until week 12. The Falcons were 2-10 until Vick's first start. Vick starts the final 4 games of the season and they finish out 3-1
-2004 = Vick has started every game this season and with a 76 passer rating, the Falcons are 11-3 with have clinched their division.

Michael Vick is 23-12-1 as a starter. and 1-1 in the playoffs. with a career passer rating pf 76. I'll take the wins over the stats any day.
I cannot make a better arguement than that.

2bikemike
12-24-2004, 04:11 PM
[QUOTE=2bikemike] His stats aren't all that good.

QUOTE]

stats are all that people can see sometimes. Vick wins games. this is his fourth year.

-2001 = 7-9 without using Vick much, Chandler had an 84 QB rating. missed playoffs.
-2002 = 10-6. Vick started 15 games. 81 QB rating. Falcons beat Packers 27-7 in Green Bay in Wild Card playoff game. Here is a quote from an article after that game:
"Vick's numbers weren't great -- 117 yards passing, 64 rushing -- but he was his usual phenomenal self. Over and over, he turned broken plays into big ones"
Then the Falcons lost to Philly in the Divisional game.
-2003 = Vick goes down, he did not play until week 12. The Falcons were 2-10 until Vick's first start. Vick starts the final 4 games of the season and they finish out 3-1
-2004 = Vick has started every game this season and with a 76 passer rating, the Falcons are 11-3 with have clinched their division.

Michael Vick is 23-12-1 as a starter. and 1-1 in the playoffs. with a career passer rating pf 76. I'll take the wins over the stats any day.
I cannot make a better arguement than that.

And what happens when he takes such a beating that he can't play or he can't scramble.

And like somebody else said. His defense has helped them win more games. Just like ours has cost us.

I am not sold on Vick. I think he is way overrated. IMHO he is just a better version of Kordell. He won't last and he is way overpaid.

Demonpenz
12-24-2004, 04:15 PM
they tried getting him some playmakers, but they need a fuggin wideout the size of shaq for vick not to over throw him

Calcountry
12-24-2004, 04:26 PM
Vick gets that kind of money because he generates so much revenue. People buy tickets to come watch him play. People buy his merchandise. They make commercials based on him. He's "marquee". Like you said, his onfield statistics don't add up, but his off the field revenue generation does.
That is why they should be called the Atlanta Vicks.

BigMeatballDave
12-24-2004, 04:44 PM
you gotta take vick

because of age if for no other reason

Vick also creates so much excitement with his playing style

Green is prolly the better QB right now, but i would trade Green for Vick right now easily.Agree completely...

BigMeatballDave
12-24-2004, 04:50 PM

Elway and Favre scrambled alot. Just saying...