PDA

View Full Version : Santa just called

Nzoner
12-24-2004, 10:52 PM
said he was running behind and there was no way he was gonna make the game tomorrow.

I told him it was a little late for this,however,he's got 2 tickets in 339,section next to us and would like to give them to a good little boy or girl.He told me since he was so busy I'd have to decide who's been naughty or nice.

Personally,I'd rather give them to someone naughty,but,if you're interested(naughty or nice) just reply here in a DEAR Nzoner letter as why you should get them.

go bo
12-24-2004, 11:03 PM
naughty, huh?

does jenny g. or red & fiesty know about this?

Mosbonian
12-24-2004, 11:10 PM
said he was running behind and there was no way he was gonna make the game tomorrow.

I told him it was a little late for this,however,he's got 2 tickets in 339,section next to us and would like to give them to a good little boy or girl.He told me since he was so busy I'd have to decide who's been naughty or nice.

Personally,I'd rather give them to someone naughty,but,if you're interested(naughty or nice) just reply here in a DEAR Nzoner letter as why you should get them.

I looked at the wife just now and asked real nicely....got one of THOSE looks and a mumble about it being Christmas....I reminded her that I had tolerated her Mom being here....then she rolled her eyes.

I could give a real sob story about not having had the opportunity to see a game all year....but in the end i still gotta convince the person who sleeps on the other side of the bed first.

mmaddog
naughty, but not the nice kind of naughty

Nzoner
12-25-2004, 12:55 AM
I reminded her that I had tolerated her Mom being here....

In 19 years of marriage I have found that bringing my mother-in-law into any discussion is a sure fire way to later wishing I had just STFU

Rausch
12-25-2004, 01:03 AM
In 19 years of marriage I have found that bringing my mother-in-law into any discussion is a sure fire way to later wishing I had just STFU

Guess I lucked out. The g/f's Mammy ain't allowed within 100 feet...****ing psycohotic bidge...

Mosbonian
12-25-2004, 01:43 AM

Just finished 20 years myself.....and any conversation that pertains to her Mom, I always regret.

mmaddog

Skip Towne
12-25-2004, 07:48 AM
My MIL was great. She'd go about 280 though.

2bikemike
12-25-2004, 09:39 AM
I looked at the wife just now and asked real nicely....got one of THOSE looks and a mumble about it being Christmas....I reminded her that I had tolerated her Mom being here....then she rolled her eyes.

I could give a real sob story about not having had the opportunity to see a game all year....but in the end i still gotta convince the person who sleeps on the other side of the bed first.

mmaddog
naughty, but not the nice kind of naughty

I have always heard its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

I think the pricks that spout that never have been married.

2bikemike
12-25-2004, 09:40 AM
BTW 1600 miles and work are preventing me from graciously accepting your generous offer!

Nzoner
12-25-2004, 09:54 AM
BTW 1600 miles and work are preventing me from graciously accepting your generous offer!

Looks like I'll just take Santa's tickets to the game and see if I can find someone there,however,this may present a challenge as what to do if a Raider fan wants them,I know it's Christmas but then again it is a Raider fan :D

2bikemike
12-25-2004, 09:56 AM
Looks like I'll just take Santa's tickets to the game and see if I can find someone there,however,this may present a challenge as what to do if a Raider fan wants them,I know it's Christmas but then again it is a Raider fan :D

Don't you have any homeless people along the way. Better to give it to a homeless guy than a Raider fan. Hell they are used to being out in the cold.

Mosbonian
12-25-2004, 10:14 AM

Nzoner.....

I was still trying to work on the wife this morning.....I wish I could say that I was having some luck, but she only budged a little.

What time are you and the Mrs. leaving for the game?

mmaddog

Nzoner
12-25-2004, 11:02 AM
Nzoner.....

I was still trying to work on the wife this morning.....I wish I could say that I was having some luck, but she only budged a little.

What time are you and the Mrs. leaving for the game?

mmaddog

My mrs isn't going :)

Myself and a couple of friends are leaving around 1.

I sent ya a smoke.

2bikemike
12-25-2004, 11:07 AM

I sent ya a smoke.

Doesn't leave much time for tailgating does it?

Mosbonian
12-25-2004, 11:10 AM

I sent ya a smoke.

I sent you a reply....

mmaddog

Nzoner
12-25-2004, 11:10 AM
Doesn't leave much time for tailgating does it?

heh,getting away for the game was pushing it as it was.

Mosbonian
12-25-2004, 11:36 AM
heh,getting away for the game was pushing it as it was.

Kind of the situation I was in.....the wife said that if it was any other day than Christmas she would be glad to have me out of the house.

mmaddog

Phobia
12-25-2004, 12:46 PM
I was trying to talk my wife into it - she was cracking until I told her it was gonna warm up into the 40's. I thought that was a positive. Turns out, she thinks that's really effing cold. She gave me the green light to go, but I think I'm gonna stay home and play with my daughter. This is Dad's first Christmas with her being interactive. She got so much crap from the grandparents, it may take a week to play with it all....

Interestingly enough, my gift alottment has gone way, way down. Let this be a lesson to those of you without children.

Bowser
12-25-2004, 12:50 PM
I was trying to talk my wife into it - she was cracking until I told her it was gonna warm up into the 40's. I thought that was a positive. Turns out, she thinks that's really effing cold. She gave me the green light to go, but I think I'm gonna stay home and play with my daughter. This is Dad's first Christmas with her being interactive. She got so much crap from the grandparents, it may take a week to play with it all....

Interestingly enough, my gift alottment has gone way, way down. Let this be a lesson to those of you without children.

Sounds like you got your Christmas wish, Phob! :thumb:

And ya, I feel your pain with the gifts. Welcome to Daddom. On the bright side, you can always sneak in and play with her Bratz dolls when she's not looking!

Phobia
12-25-2004, 12:51 PM
Bah - I got the other 2 girls, too. I've been through this before. But it was a decade ago...

chiefs4me
12-25-2004, 01:05 PM
God,,,I so wish I could go to the game,,,,but being so far away makes it hard,,,,,,,oh well everyone who is going,,hope you have a GREAT TIME,,

Phobia
12-25-2004, 01:16 PM
FWIW, if somebody decides they wanna go, I do have Nzoner's cell #....

Rain Man
12-25-2004, 02:26 PM
Dear Nzoner,

How are you? I am fine. How are things at the North Pole? Are the elves nice, or do they get cranky at this time of year? Do any attractive female elves ever try to sleep their way to the top? And if so, how 'adventurous' are they willing to be?

Anyway, I should get down to business. I hear that you're giving away some football ticket to the Chiefs game, and I would like to ask for them. I've been a very good boy this year, and I try very hard to be nice to people, which as you know is often difficult since most people are cretins who should be beaten and left in a water-filled ditch.

Anyway, I would very much appreciate the tickets. I live in Denver, so I wouldn't be able to use them even though I really, really, really, really wish I could. Instead, I would sell them to some random stranger on the street, which I know is technically illegal but it's the same thing that TicketMaster does and I would charge a lower transaction fee.

I would sell the tickets only to a Chiefs fan, and I would discount them five percent if the buyer happens to be any of the following: a former Chief; a devout fan capable of yelling at more than 120 decibels; an Amazon tribesperson since I feel bad about deforesting their land; an attractive woman wearing thin material on her upper body; a cat of any breed; an elf; or a member of the armed forces other than maybe some of those Abu Ghraib guards. I would discount the tickets ten percent if they are more than one of the above.

I would then take the money and use it to buy Dr. Pepper and Oreos to eat while I'm watching the game on TV. Both products are owned by large multinational companies, and I'm sure that they'll put the money to good use by helping African villages dig wells or providing large stock option bonuses to executives or something.

So see, Mr. Nzoner? Giving the tickets to me will help lots of people. It'll help football-watching cats or loud fans, it'll help me, it'll help the corporate stock shares of Dr. Pepper and Oreo, and it'll most likely keep some African Village from getting river blindness.

Please, Mr. Nzoner? Please?

Yours truly,

Rain Man

DenverChief
12-25-2004, 02:33 PM
My MIL was great. She'd go about 280 though.

Does she run a 4.6 forty and play MLB?

Rain Man
12-26-2004, 04:17 PM
So...did I win the tickets?

Nzoner
12-26-2004, 05:24 PM
So...did I win the tickets?

Alas,it was too late,however,I sent you what rep I could for a very convincing letter.